Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 30, 1:26 PM

Apr 2020
Very self-explanatory question, just wanna know if y'all think the backlash towards Oreimo is deserved or not.
Nina supporter for life💕
Jun 30, 1:35 PM

Jul 2021
I don't know what you mean by 'backlash'. I just know that I love the show but would have liked a more fleshed out ending where
Jun 30, 4:46 PM
草薙直哉zfg

Apr 2022
nobody cares that much about it anymore idk. but i enjoyed it. obviously there will be hate given its nature. but thats fine, and obviously most of the haters watched it, so if it was really so terrible its almost like they’re self reporting…
boredboredbored
Jun 30, 4:51 PM
Nov 2023
It’s probably hated by people who express strict morality and can’t separate fiction from reality, and loved by people who secretly (or not?) find the illicit nature of the relationship exciting or stimulating. I’m in the middle somewhere. I like the consistency of the character writing even if I find the core concept a bit uncomfortable. It’s like the show is experimenting with this theme to prod the viewer into forming opinions or at least having a better understanding of themselves and how tolerant/ kinky they are. I liked it strongly rather than loved it.
Jun 30, 4:53 PM
Jun 2023
It’s over hated tbh ya it’s not mentioned much but when it is it’s always you fucking sicko why are you watching this but in actuality it’s not that bad it’s a good story but the ending ruined it but I still find it enjoyable plus it has incest which is in fact wincest
Jun 30, 4:54 PM

Oct 2023
I’ve actually been rewatching it recently. It all just stems from it being known as “that incest one”.
No one wants to give it a try. Despite it being actually funny. Idk if it fits into one of those definitions because most aren’t starring it. If I had to say thou then over hated. Thou I definitely think it needs criticism. Its shifting tones and odd ending that the authors editor made him change to avoid controversy felt lacking.
All I say if anyone wants to watch it try it first
HER. That is all.
Jun 30, 4:54 PM
Jun 2023
wizdom224 said:
I don't know what you mean by 'backlash'. I just know that I love the show but would have liked a more fleshed out ending where

Thank god love the incest
Jun 30, 4:56 PM

Sep 2018
The anime ending for s2 was very poor, but the overall series besides that is pretty great. It gained a lot of popularity based on its high merit in general. Oreimo portable is awesome if you want to see a good end with each girl.
Jun 30, 5:33 PM

Jul 2015
Oreimo is totally enjoyable trash that requires you to completely shut your brain off in order to properly enjoy. I had an absolute blast watching it, because I've taken absolutely nothing seriously in it, especially the ending, to which I was prepared anyway, because it is obvious that THE main girl will win in the end.
Also, I said it many times and I've said it again.
Regardless if you love or hate this show, Kuroneko character is absolutely the best part of it and single reason why I would recommend to watch it for everyone. She singlehandedly carries the show. She is like Kurumi to Date a Live, but actually even better. I also think it was KanaHawa's best performance ever.

Jun 30, 5:40 PM
Sep 2019
I don’t really care much about it any more but I remember at the time I was just really confused with the ending. I might be remembering it wrong but it felt like he only built a good “relationship” with the short black haired girl but somehow everyone else fell in love with him as well 🤔. I watched it many years ago when I was pretty young so idk don’t take my words too seriously
Jun 30, 5:43 PM
Jul 2021
well its a part of the big three in anime, including overflow and my wife became an elementary school student so its most definitely not underhated
Jun 30, 6:11 PM
Nov 2018
I actually like the anime for the most part. Most of the bad reviews I saw are mostly focused on the relationship, so outside of that, I figured this would have praised more. The only real example I have seen close to this would be Usagi Drop. It has a high rating of being liked because there wasn't a second season.
MoppitJun 30, 11:17 PM
Jun 30, 6:27 PM
Apr 2023
“Polarizing” “controversial” “contentious”. It’s not really about how people see it because it generates a lot of buzz.
Jun 30, 7:47 PM

Apr 2023
Extremely overhated. The thing people criticize the show for is actually a strength. Their relationship is beautiful. It’s easily one of the most accurate depictions of sibling dynamics in anime.
SwagsOnBJun 30, 7:57 PM
Jun 30, 11:49 PM

Mar 2013
I liked the show. Didn’t care for the ending though. It was weird to me but whatever. I thought he should end up with KuroNeko. I think that was her name.
Yesterday, 12:46 AM
Nov 2022
It’s put in the same catagory as eromanga sensei. Might largely be hated due to being compared to that.
Yesterday, 2:18 PM
Jun 2015
Its overhated, if it wasn't for the incest it would be mid to be honest and poeple wouldn't be as interested.

They wouldn't care for another mid SOL Romance anime.

Great characters tho, that was the best of the show.
Yesterday, 2:52 PM
Mar 2018
The show has better character writing than most shows, and while the story was a bit messy in some parts, I will stand by the show being something genuinely good. It's compared to eromanga sensei a lot, but it's way more sophisticated; any similarities only run surface level imo.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Dec 19, 2010

424 by aimso1 »»
Jun 23, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Nov 7, 2010

399 by kljre-----2333 »»
Jun 12, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 31, 2010

474 by kljre-----2333 »»
Jun 12, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 24, 2010

288 by kljre-----2333 »»
Jun 12, 9:51 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 17, 2010

363 by kljre-----2333 »»
Jun 12, 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.