New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 26, 9:52 PM
Jun 2022
Reply to Merve2Love
@ProudElitist

Ah, Im sorry^^
But that's not most people.

Most of the fans love this "overblown" Movie. Just talking about the first legendary one, for the sake of argument. Same with Stand Alone Complex.
The Manga isn't popular, compared to those two.

I get it - you're different.
But that's not most people.
@Merve2Love most fans of GITS love the original manga before anything else. I've been part of the GITS fandom for years at this point, most of the people like the original manga more. Being the movies more easier for consumption for western Gaijins or not.
ProudElitistMay 27, 3:18 AM
May 27, 2:35 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to ProudElitist
@Merve2Love most fans of GITS love the original manga before anything else. I've been part of the GITS fandom for years at this point, most of the people like the original manga more. Being the movies more easier for consumption for western Gaijins or not.
@ProudElitist

No. No, they don't^^
Most people did not the the original Manga.

Let's leave race out of it :)
May 27, 3:17 AM
Jun 2022
Reply to Merve2Love
@ProudElitist

No. No, they don't^^
Most people did not the the original Manga.

Let's leave race out of it :)
@Merve2Love most people of the fandom prefer the 1989 manga Masterpiece (the best comic to ever come out of the 80's period, the american mainstream superhero industry can easily suck the toes of Masamune Shirow) over any animated iteration. Race? I'm a gaijin too, it simply means foreigner in japanese. The oshii movies are reductions for the western Gaijins of something that, if you ever read the manga, you know it wasn't rooted in the west besides the cyberpunk design inspired by William Gibson and the likes. Particularly the ending chapter has nothing of the west in it and it's all about japanese stuff first and foremost.
ProudElitistMay 27, 4:08 AM
May 27, 12:57 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to ProudElitist
@Merve2Love most people of the fandom prefer the 1989 manga Masterpiece (the best comic to ever come out of the 80's period, the american mainstream superhero industry can easily suck the toes of Masamune Shirow) over any animated iteration. Race? I'm a gaijin too, it simply means foreigner in japanese. The oshii movies are reductions for the western Gaijins of something that, if you ever read the manga, you know it wasn't rooted in the west besides the cyberpunk design inspired by William Gibson and the likes. Particularly the ending chapter has nothing of the west in it and it's all about japanese stuff first and foremost.
@ProudElitist

Alright^^ you turned me around.

You win.
My bad.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu' Gets Anime Movie in Winter 2025

Hyperion_PS - 3 hours ago

3 by Yudesei »»
51 minutes ago

» 'Kakkou no Iinazuke' Gets Second Season in 2025

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

20 by MeguSae38 »»
3 hours ago

» New 'Jigoku Sensei Nube' Anime Project Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Jul 20

20 by malvarez1 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Lycoris Recoil' Gets Short Movies ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Jul 23

51 by malvarez1 »»
4 hours ago

» Web Manga 'Niwatori Fighter' Receives Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - Jul 25

27 by MadanielFL »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.