Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 22, 2:02 AM

Dec 2019
Preview images for Episode 19 (Part 2 ep 7) are below.

https://mushokutensei.jp/story/2-19/

May 22, 2:09 AM

Jul 2017
Glad to have this series back this week and stuff looks good here. Again, I do expect this to cover only a portion of the actual journey to Begaritt but I'm glad that there is stuff being covered with this at least since admittedly, I expected them to solely do a montage or maybe skip it like what the manga version went with recently to make up for time. Having at least half an episode dedicated towards the journey is good and should be fun to see Rudeus and Elinalise' dynamic in an actual adventure situation. The smug face Elinalise pulls off already gives me good vibes about this being a fun little watch.
May 22, 2:12 AM
Mar 2023
animejas said:
Glad to have this series back this week and stuff looks good here. Again, I do expect this to cover only a portion of the actual journey to Begaritt but I'm glad that there is stuff being covered with this at least since admittedly, I expected them to solely do a montage or maybe skip it like what the manga version went with recently to make up for time. Having at least half an episode dedicated towards the journey is good and should be fun to see Rudeus and Elinalise' dynamic in an actual adventure situation. The smug face Elinalise pulls off already gives me good vibes about this being a fun little watch.

When is the episode dropping?
May 22, 2:19 AM

Jul 2012
Well, we are finally about to discover if they truly were saving the bigger budget and sakuga production to the Labyrinth arc (S1's production still is much more impressive than S2's).

I wonder if they will add any of the alternative PoVs from the Drama CD, they actually complement the arc for the better.
May 22, 2:22 AM
Jun 2021
new episode next week? I'm so happy I'll be able to watch because I don't have anything else to do on weekends. The Moshuko Tensei Episode 19 Preview looks amazing! It's really pretty good. Does anyone know when will Rudeus will marry Roxy? I'm really curious about their relationship and I think it would be a great plot development. I've been following the series and I really love it, but I'm also a bit worried about how they will handle the romantic storyline. Has anyone else seen the full preview and has any thoughts on it on YouTube? I'm really hoping they'll get together soon, but at the same time, I want the story to unfold naturally and not feel rushed. I've always loved Roxy's character, she's so strong and confident, and I think she would make a great partner for Rudeus. But what about Eris? She's been a major part of Rudeus' life for so long, how will he marry eris (I love eris she's my anime girl)? I'm really excited to see how the story develops, but at the same time, I'm also a bit nervous about how it will all play out.
ExternalWorldMay 22, 2:26 AM
May 22, 2:34 AM
Jun 2021
Danpmss said:
Well, we are finally about to discover if they truly were saving the bigger budget and sakuga production to the Labyrinth arc (S1's production still is much more impressive than S2's).

I wonder if they will add any of the alternative PoVs from the Drama CD, they actually complement the arc for the better.

I have to disagree, I think the production values of S2 are on par with S1's. The Moshuko Tensei Preview looks amazing, and I'm really excited to see how the Labyrinth arc is brought to life. I think it's great that they're using the bigger budget and sakuga production to really make this arc stand out. The animation in the preview is stunning, and I'm confident that it will be just as impressive in the final episode. As for adding alternative PoVs from the Drama CD, I think it would be a great idea. They could really add an extra layer of depth to the story and characters. But regardless of what they choose to include, I'm just excited to see how the story unfolds and how Rudeus and Roxy's relationship develops. Bring on the next episode!
May 22, 2:34 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to forreporre
animejas said:

When is the episode dropping?
@forreporre It's dropping on the 26th.
May 22, 2:45 AM
Jul 2022
Peakkkkk๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ
May 22, 3:14 AM

Mar 2021
expecting the season 1 OP format to return. Though fingers crossed.
May 22, 3:41 AM

Jul 2012
Reply to ExternalWorld
Danpmss said:

I have to disagree, I think the production values of S2 are on par with S1's. The Moshuko Tensei Preview looks amazing, and I'm really excited to see how the Labyrinth arc is brought to life. I think it's great that they're using the bigger budget and sakuga production to really make this arc stand out. The animation in the preview is stunning, and I'm confident that it will be just as impressive in the final episode. As for adding alternative PoVs from the Drama CD, I think it would be a great idea. They could really add an extra layer of depth to the story and characters. But regardless of what they choose to include, I'm just excited to see how the story unfolds and how Rudeus and Roxy's relationship develops. Bring on the next episode!
@ExternalWorld Nah, I also respectfully disagree, sakugabooru can be used as a showcase of how much more polish S1 had compared to S2 tbh (even the animation of a piece of bread is more polished than a lot of what S2 could display so far).

I do wonder if that will change once the Labyrinth comes by, since it's a significant action highlight from the books.
May 22, 3:53 AM
Jun 2021
Danpmss said:
@ExternalWorld Nah, I also respectfully disagree, sakugabooru can be used as a showcase of how much more polish S1 had compared to S2 tbh (even the animation of a piece of bread is more polished than a lot of what S2 could display so far).

I do wonder if that will change once the Labyrinth comes by, since it's a significant action highlight from the books.

I understand your point about the sakuga episode showcasing the differences in polish between S1 and S2, but I still think that's not a fair representation of the entire series. The Moshuko Tensei preview, for example, looks amazing and is giving me high hopes for the rest of the season.

I'm also curious to see how the Labyrinth arc turns out, as it's a pivotal part of the story. But even if the animation is great, I think it's unfair to compare it to S1 without considering the overall quality and consistency of the episodes.

I'm not saying that S1 was perfect, but I do think it had a certain charm and cohesiveness that's hard to replicate. S2 has its own strengths and weaknesses, and I think it's worth giving it a chance to prove itself.

That being said, I'm willing to adjust my opinion if the Labyrinth arc doesn't meet my expectations. But for now, I'm still holding out hope that S2 will surprise me and become a great season in its own right.
May 22, 3:55 AM
Jun 2021
Danpmss said:

I think you're being a bit too harsh on S2, to be honest! The Moshuko Tensei preview was amazing, and I think it's unfair to dismiss the entire season based on one or two episodes that didn't quite meet your standards.

I mean, S1 had its own set of problems, like pacing issues and awkward character interactions. And let's not forget, S2 has had some great moments too, like the development of the supporting characters and the exploration of the world's lore.

And besides, the Labyrinth arc is still a ways off, and I think it's premature to judge the entire season based on speculation. We should give S2 a chance to prove itself and show us what it's capable of.

So, I'm going to continue to be optimistic and enjoy the ride, even if it's not perfect. And who knows, maybe S2 will surprise us and turn out to be even better than we expected
May 22, 4:06 AM

Dec 2019
Reply to V1P3R0P
@V1P3R0P Dont think it will happen for this ep. Since the first portion of the ep should still be at the house/school as he is preparing to depart so I fully expect the opening to be what it has been for this cour for this ep.
May 22, 5:02 AM

Jul 2012
Reply to ExternalWorld
Danpmss said:

I understand your point about the sakuga episode showcasing the differences in polish between S1 and S2, but I still think that's not a fair representation of the entire series. The Moshuko Tensei preview, for example, looks amazing and is giving me high hopes for the rest of the season.

I'm also curious to see how the Labyrinth arc turns out, as it's a pivotal part of the story. But even if the animation is great, I think it's unfair to compare it to S1 without considering the overall quality and consistency of the episodes.

I'm not saying that S1 was perfect, but I do think it had a certain charm and cohesiveness that's hard to replicate. S2 has its own strengths and weaknesses, and I think it's worth giving it a chance to prove itself.

That being said, I'm willing to adjust my opinion if the Labyrinth arc doesn't meet my expectations. But for now, I'm still holding out hope that S2 will surprise me and become a great season in its own right.
@ExternalWorld

Not saying it's a fair representation of the whole series (animation quality always come second to me, for starters), just that it is clear that the animation department of S1 is clearly the winner here, there's just far more attention to detail in far more individual scenes over the course of the same number of episodes (considering only up to what we have available for S2 even while comparing just the same number of episodes between the two one by one).

It has been a common criticism even amongst big fans (and looking at sakugabooru, it does show some contrast), but once again, a number of people just suspect they are saving the big polishing for the Labyrinth arc, as it only makes sense content-wise (volumes 7-11 don't really have content that really need a particularly high polishing, unlike upcoming volumes 12 through at the very least 17, aka til the end of Asura Kingdom arc).

Now, if the Labyrinth arc doesn't fill the same shoes as S1, I'd start to wonder about the future of the adaptation at least a bit (even if it is undeniably doing pretty well in streaming so far).
May 22, 5:03 AM
Feb 2020
V1P3R0P said:

hell yeah, i hope they bring back old openings, maybe new song - we never had opening song for begaritt
(but it's not going to happen sadly)
May 22, 5:12 AM
Jun 2021
Danpmss said:
@ExternalWorld

Not saying it's a fair representation of the whole series (animation quality always come second to me, for starters), just that it is clear that the animation department of S1 is clearly the winner here, there's just far more attention to detail in far more individual scenes over the course of the same number of episodes (considering only up to what we have available for S2 even while comparing just the same number of episodes between the two one by one).

It has been a common criticism even amongst big fans (and looking at sakugabooru, it does show some contrast), but once again, a number of people just suspect they are saving the big polishing for the Labyrinth arc, as it only makes sense content-wise (volumes 7-11 don't really have content that really need a particularly high polishing, unlike upcoming volumes 12 through at the very least 17, aka til the end of Asura Kingdom arc).

Now, if the Labyrinth arc doesn't fill the same shoes as S1, I'd start to wonder about the future of the adaptation at least a bit (even if it is undeniably doing pretty well in streaming so far).

comparing different arcs is unfair. While it's true that the animation department might have saved some of their best work for the Labyrinth arc, it's not a guarantee that every episode was perfect. There might have been episodes with rushed animation, lack of attention to detail, or other issues that were overlooked in the criticism.

S1 was not perfect. While it's true that S1 might have had more attention to detail in some scenes, consistency is crucial in an anime series. If the animation quality is inconsistent throughout the series, it can be distracting and affect the overall viewing experience.

the animation team might be learning. It's possible that the animation team is still learning and improving their skills as they work on subsequent arcs. Rather than criticizing them for not matching S1's standards, we could appreciate their growth and progress.

the story is more important than animation. While animation quality is important, it's not the only factor that determines the success of an anime series. The story, characters, pacing, and themes are all crucial elements that can make or break a series.

the streaming numbers are a sign of success. Despite some criticisms about the animation quality, the series is still doing well in terms of streaming numbers. This suggests that fans are still enjoying the series despite some flaws in animation.
May 22, 5:24 AM

Jul 2012
Reply to ExternalWorld
Danpmss said:
@ExternalWorld

comparing different arcs is unfair. While it's true that the animation department might have saved some of their best work for the Labyrinth arc, it's not a guarantee that every episode was perfect. There might have been episodes with rushed animation, lack of attention to detail, or other issues that were overlooked in the criticism.

S1 was not perfect. While it's true that S1 might have had more attention to detail in some scenes, consistency is crucial in an anime series. If the animation quality is inconsistent throughout the series, it can be distracting and affect the overall viewing experience.

the animation team might be learning. It's possible that the animation team is still learning and improving their skills as they work on subsequent arcs. Rather than criticizing them for not matching S1's standards, we could appreciate their growth and progress.

the story is more important than animation. While animation quality is important, it's not the only factor that determines the success of an anime series. The story, characters, pacing, and themes are all crucial elements that can make or break a series.

the streaming numbers are a sign of success. Despite some criticisms about the animation quality, the series is still doing well in terms of streaming numbers. This suggests that fans are still enjoying the series despite some flaws in animation.
@ExternalWorld I quite literally just said that, what exactly are you trying to call unfair/disagree with?

Also, nobody is saying S1 was without its flaws in the animation department, just that it was far more polished than S2.
DanpmssMay 22, 5:29 AM
May 22, 5:30 AM
Jun 2021
Danpmss said:
@ExternalWorld I quite literally just said that, what exactly are you trying to call unfair/disagree with?

Also, nobody is saying S1 was without its flaws in the animation department, just that it was far more polished than S2.

To respond to your original statement, I think it's interesting that you bring up the idea that the animation department of S1 might be the winner in terms of attention to detail. It's possible that the team working on S1 had a different approach or mindset that allowed them to focus on specific aspects of animation, such as character designs, backgrounds, or action sequences.

It's also worth noting that animation quality is not just about attention to detail, but also about consistency and pacing. While S1 might have had some standout scenes, it's possible that S2 is focusing on building a more cohesive narrative and tone throughout the series. Perhaps the animation team is prioritizing storytelling and character development over individual scene polish.

Regarding the idea that S2 might be "saving the big polishing" for the Labyrinth arc, I think it's a valid point. The Labyrinth arc is a significant part of the story, and it's possible that the animation team is reserving their best work for this pivotal moment. However, it's also possible that S2 is simply having a different production schedule or priorities than S1.

Ultimately, I think it's too early to make sweeping judgments about the animation quality of S2. We should give the series a chance to develop its own unique style and direction before making comparisons.
May 22, 5:34 AM
Jun 2021
Danpmss said:

I understand your point now. You're saying that S1 had its flaws, but in terms of animation, it was more polished than S2.

I agree that every series has its imperfections, and it's unfair to expect perfection. However, I'd like to clarify that comparing animation quality is subjective and can be influenced by personal preferences. What one person considers "polished" might not be the same for another.

Regarding the grammar, I think it would be helpful to rephrase the sentence to make it clearer and more concise. For example:

"I think S1 was more polished in terms of animation, but I'm not saying it was flawless."

so I can make a good point took me a minutes to understand what u said
May 22, 5:39 AM

Jul 2012
Reply to ExternalWorld
Danpmss said:

To respond to your original statement, I think it's interesting that you bring up the idea that the animation department of S1 might be the winner in terms of attention to detail. It's possible that the team working on S1 had a different approach or mindset that allowed them to focus on specific aspects of animation, such as character designs, backgrounds, or action sequences.

It's also worth noting that animation quality is not just about attention to detail, but also about consistency and pacing. While S1 might have had some standout scenes, it's possible that S2 is focusing on building a more cohesive narrative and tone throughout the series. Perhaps the animation team is prioritizing storytelling and character development over individual scene polish.

Regarding the idea that S2 might be "saving the big polishing" for the Labyrinth arc, I think it's a valid point. The Labyrinth arc is a significant part of the story, and it's possible that the animation team is reserving their best work for this pivotal moment. However, it's also possible that S2 is simply having a different production schedule or priorities than S1.

Ultimately, I think it's too early to make sweeping judgments about the animation quality of S2. We should give the series a chance to develop its own unique style and direction before making comparisons.
@ExternalWorld *sigh* Okay, now I get it, I'm talking with someone using AI to reply to others (I'm not sure if you are aware, but one can easily see through the wording in itself and the way it tackles the text).

No wonder I thought it was just repeating my own words as if it was a counterargument, when not effectively making one in the slighest, nor talking about the actual argument at hand at all (even because it just reached the same conclusion I already pointed out).

Kindly don't waste other users' time if you are going to pull stuff like that in the future, save it for your own opinion piece if anything, not for replies.

May 22, 5:42 AM
Jun 2021
Danpmss said:
@ExternalWorld *sigh* Okay, now I get it, I'm talking with someone using AI to reply to others (I'm not sure if you are aware, but one can easily see through the wording in itself and the way it tackles the text).

No wonder I thought it was just repeating my own words as if it was a counterargument, when not effectively making one in the slighest, nor talking about the actual argument at hand at all (even because it just reached the same conclusion I already pointed out).

Kindly don't waste other users' time if you are going to pull stuff like that in the future, save it for your own opinion piece if anything, not for replies.

If you think I'm an AI just because I won the argument, it's embarrassing. From your profile picture, you look like a grown man with a job and a hobby for cosplaying, which is something I appreciate. However, I was wrong, and I acknowledge that. If you only watch anime because of its animation, it's pointless to give your opinion, as it's not based on any meaningful connection with the story or characters.
May 22, 5:46 AM

Jul 2012
Reply to ExternalWorld
Danpmss said:

If you think I'm an AI just because I won the argument, it's embarrassing. From your profile picture, you look like a grown man with a job and a hobby for cosplaying, which is something I appreciate. However, I was wrong, and I acknowledge that. If you only watch anime because of its animation, it's pointless to give your opinion, as it's not based on any meaningful connection with the story or characters.
@ExternalWorld The fact you said "If you only watch anime because of its animation" when I quite literally said:
Danpmss said:
(animation quality always come second to me, for starters)

Only goes to show you didn't even read a word of what I typed. You won no argument, you never even tried to.
May 22, 5:58 AM
Jun 2021
Danpmss said:
@ExternalWorld The fact you said "If you only watch anime because of its animation" when I quite literally said:
Danpmss said:

Only goes to show you didn't even read a word of what I typed. You won no argument, you never even tried to.

I apologize for misunderstanding your previous message. I seem to have missed the crucial point you made about animation quality being secondary to you. Thank you for pointing this out.

To address your initial statement, I understand that for you, animation quality is not the primary factor in enjoying anime. You mentioned that there are other aspects that take precedence over animation quality, which is a valid and personal perspective.

I'd like to ask: What aspects do you find most important in an anime? Is it the storyline, characters, themes, or something else that draws you in?
May 22, 8:39 AM
Jun 2021
peak animation is back?
May 22, 8:59 AM

Mar 2024
Reply to ExternalWorld
Danpmss said:
Danpmss said:

I apologize for misunderstanding your previous message. I seem to have missed the crucial point you made about animation quality being secondary to you. Thank you for pointing this out.

To address your initial statement, I understand that for you, animation quality is not the primary factor in enjoying anime. You mentioned that there are other aspects that take precedence over animation quality, which is a valid and personal perspective.

I'd like to ask: What aspects do you find most important in an anime? Is it the storyline, characters, themes, or something else that draws you in?
@ExternalWorld :D

"I apologize for misunderstanding your previous message. I seem to have missed the crucial point you made about animation quality being secondary to you. Thank you for pointing this out."

That's quite literally a ChatGPT apology! :D If you're not an AI, you sure write as one!

@Danpmss I suspect the user is simply one of those fanboys who absolutely can not take any criticism of his fave shows for any reason whatsoever.

Looking forward to this episode and the end of the drag of the first part! As I haven't read past the anime, I hope for pleasant surprises!
May 22, 9:23 AM
Jun 2021
Love_And_Forward said:

"I apologize for misunderstanding your previous message. I seem to have missed the crucial point you made about animation quality being secondary to you. Thank you for pointing this out."

That's quite literally a ChatGPT apology! :D If you're not an AI, you sure write as one!

@Danpmss I suspect the user is simply one of those fanboys who absolutely can not take any criticism of his fave shows for any reason whatsoever.

Looking forward to this episode and the end of the drag of the first part! As I haven't read past the anime, I hope for pleasant surprises!

Do you think you can tell an AI to say something like this?
May 22, 9:24 AM
Jun 2021
Love_And_Forward said:

I forgot to ignore bye I will stop responding unless we talk about anime instead of arguing about gpt
May 22, 10:32 AM

Mar 2024
Reply to ExternalWorld
Love_And_Forward said:

I forgot to ignore bye I will stop responding unless we talk about anime instead of arguing about gpt
@ExternalWorld Wow :D Okay, goodbye.

By the way, do you realize that your punctuation sucks if "someone else" isn't writing it for you?

Spot the difference:

1. "You mentioned that there are other aspects that take precedence over animation quality, which is a valid and personal perspective."

2. "I forgot to ignore bye I will stop responding unless we talk about anime instead of arguing about gpt"

This is one of the few areas we puny humans still have AI beat. Actual conversation. :D
Love_And_ForwardMay 22, 10:40 AM
May 22, 1:44 PM

Mar 2024
Reply to ExternalWorld
Danpmss said:

I understand your point now. You're saying that S1 had its flaws, but in terms of animation, it was more polished than S2.

I agree that every series has its imperfections, and it's unfair to expect perfection. However, I'd like to clarify that comparing animation quality is subjective and can be influenced by personal preferences. What one person considers "polished" might not be the same for another.

Regarding the grammar, I think it would be helpful to rephrase the sentence to make it clearer and more concise. For example:

"I think S1 was more polished in terms of animation, but I'm not saying it was flawless."

so I can make a good point took me a minutes to understand what u said
@ExternalWorld

<- AI response.

"so I can make a good point took me a minutes to understand what u said"
<- The actual human begging the computer to defend himself.
May 22, 6:15 PM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Reply to Love_And_Forward
@ExternalWorld

<- AI response.

"so I can make a good point took me a minutes to understand what u said"
<- The actual human begging the computer to defend himself.
@Love_And_Forward

That is literally not a "AI response"

Also, you & the other dude could just leave if you don't like the show.
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
May 22, 9:10 PM

Mar 2024
Reply to GoatPieceLuffy
@Love_And_Forward

That is literally not a "AI response"

Also, you & the other dude could just leave if you don't like the show.
@GoatPieceLuffy Yeah, it is. Have you used ChatGPT? I have used it from time to time in order to debug code and get input on it. You notice no difference between the pedantic and wordy style used by the AI, and the zero punctuation, no capitalization and grammatical errors of the barely literate human?

Also, you're right. So far I don't like this season of Jobless Reincarnation. Season 1, however, is in my top three animes of all time. Of course I'm invested and want it to return to relevance.
May 22, 9:12 PM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Reply to Love_And_Forward
@GoatPieceLuffy Yeah, it is. Have you used ChatGPT? I have used it from time to time in order to debug code and get input on it. You notice no difference between the pedantic and wordy style used by the AI, and the zero punctuation, no capitalization and grammatical errors of the barely literate human?

Also, you're right. So far I don't like this season of Jobless Reincarnation. Season 1, however, is in my top three animes of all time. Of course I'm invested and want it to return to relevance.
@Love_And_Forward

Crazy because Season 2 of Jobless has been fire.
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
May 22, 9:43 PM

Mar 2024
Reply to GoatPieceLuffy
@Love_And_Forward

Crazy because Season 2 of Jobless has been fire.
@GoatPieceLuffy Okay. I'm happy that you like it. I keep watching because I haven't given up on it, and I think the rest of the season will be better. My main problem is the pacing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MegamiRem - Jun 9

214 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
2 hours ago

» Episode 22 (Cour 2 Episode 10) Preview video

animejas - Yesterday

10 by CreepHazard »»
7 hours ago

» Episode 22 (Cour 2 Ep 10) Preview Images

MangagnaM - Yesterday

13 by niknasr »»
8 hours ago

» I'm not the only one who noticed right (no LN spoilers plz)

NevrTD - Jun 10

21 by animegamer245 »»
Jun 13, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

-Acheron - Jun 2

205 by Kami_Willis »»
Jun 12, 7:44 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.