Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 20, 5:32 PM

Jun 2023

Hello. I've been on MAL for a while and thought of making a thread here a few times, but didn't got around doing it... Might as well change it.

I don't have any specific name to go by online, but Alice is fine. I love... a lot of things lol. But some major things are, obviously anime, drawing and making other art stuff, music and cute things. I'm also currently obsessed with the Compilation of FF7, but I'm REALLY not interested on getting into any fights or drama over it, or anything, really.
A lot of stuff I like is considered "cringe", so if you don't like that kind of stuff, it's much better for the both of us that we stay FAR from eachother.

I guess i'm more of a casual anime watcher as of now? Mostly because I've recently being focusing more on some art related stuff.

I'm definetely not someone who understands too well the shows that she watches nor would I say I have the best standard of quality (I'm trying to work on understanding the themes and stuff of shows I watch a little better, but it takes time of course). Sometimes I can talk about more logically instrospective stuff about a series, but yeah don't expect it, you'll just get dissapointed.

I have a heckton of issues when it comes to socializing and I'm not fond of calling people I've just met friends, so I don't accept random friend requests, but I'm totally down to chatting! As long it's not about weird or innapropiate stuff and as I already mentioned fighting or getting into drama.

Btw, this one's kinda random, but. I've been trying to get into reading manga more, but it's a bit difficult because my reading comprehension can be trash and I tend to rush when reading. So if you somehow have any tips for that, please leave them below.

Lastly, most people are probably already aware of the situation in Gaza. If you support Israel and don't see how their actions are CLEARLY horrifying and inhumane, please stay away from me. I also encourage everyone to help, even if just a little bit, with the situation. Here's a link to some short, easy task you can do to help.
(PD: Don't feel obligated to adress this last part if you answer. I get it, it's a rough topic and you're here to have fun. But I personally feel the need to mention it, even if briefly)
May 20, 9:06 PM

Feb 2020
Hi and welcome to the forums! :)
May 20, 9:36 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Hello and welcome to the forums.
I hope you enjoy your stay and chat with a lot of people.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
May 20, 9:43 PM
Aug 2018
StrawberryBlxxd said:
Btw, this one's kinda random, but. I've been trying to get into reading manga more, but it's a bit difficult because my reading comprehension can be trash and I tend to rush when reading. So if you somehow have any tips for that, please leave them below.

Hey, welcome to the MAL forums! When I started reading manga, it felt surreal reading from right to left, but after a while, it got better. I find that taking my time reading and appreciating the drawings panel by panel really helps. Trust me, once you start enjoying reading manga, you won't stop.
May 20, 10:08 PM

Jul 2015
Enjoy your stay and feel free to add me
Allahu akbar

Well...
May 21, 7:15 AM

Jun 2023
Reply to Tamasul
StrawberryBlxxd said:

Hey, welcome to the MAL forums! When I started reading manga, it felt surreal reading from right to left, but after a while, it got better. I find that taking my time reading and appreciating the drawings panel by panel really helps. Trust me, once you start enjoying reading manga, you won't stop.
@Rhae This is probably very dumb, specially coming from someone who draws, but. I never really understood what people meant by "appreciating the art" in manga. I mean, I look at the panels and think "oh that's very pretty", but that's it and that normally takes like 2 seconds, so I don't think that's what people mean when they say that.
May 21, 7:24 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to StrawberryBlxxd
@Rhae This is probably very dumb, specially coming from someone who draws, but. I never really understood what people meant by "appreciating the art" in manga. I mean, I look at the panels and think "oh that's very pretty", but that's it and that normally takes like 2 seconds, so I don't think that's what people mean when they say that.
@StrawberryBlxxd

I don't draw, but I can personally notice how drawings enhance the story of a manga. I notice how the mangaka uses lines, shading, and sometimes creative panel layouts, etc. All of these combined convey the vibe, mood, atmosphere, emotions, and at times, actions. Yeah, it's pretty, but it's how pretty the visuals are that helps contribute to my overall experience of a manga. But that's just me.
May 21, 7:51 AM

Jun 2023
Reply to Tamasul
@StrawberryBlxxd

I don't draw, but I can personally notice how drawings enhance the story of a manga. I notice how the mangaka uses lines, shading, and sometimes creative panel layouts, etc. All of these combined convey the vibe, mood, atmosphere, emotions, and at times, actions. Yeah, it's pretty, but it's how pretty the visuals are that helps contribute to my overall experience of a manga. But that's just me.
@Rhae Oh, I see. That's very cool! It must enhance the reading experience a lot
May 21, 9:50 AM

Feb 2022
welcome to the forums :3
May 21, 5:54 PM

Jan 2023
Hello and welcome!

I will say that analyzing and understanding narrative elements does get easier over time once you start looking a bit deeper and get around to discovering more pieces of anime and manga, or at least that's how it went with me. It took me a while to get to the level I'm at so :P. Also for the manga part, I'd read slower and take the time to look at every individual panel to help with rushing speed.

d(´∀`)b
May 21, 6:10 PM
Sep 2023
Hi! I'm kind of new too ^^
May 29, 3:21 PM
Proud Ushi Simp

Jan 2019
Hello and welcome to the forums!
May 29, 11:00 PM

Jan 2011
welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay!
Jun 9, 12:38 PM

Jun 2008
Greetings their new blood! We are always happy to see new blood on here!

More topics from this board

» I'm fairly new

ZAIRETHEGUY - 9 hours ago

5 by Serafos »»
9 hours ago

» heya !!

mayoise - Yesterday

13 by Vampire_Lord »»
10 hours ago

» Late Intro - Friends Wanted :3

yanderejay - Yesterday

10 by kiotsuga »»
10 hours ago

» An introduction post 10 years late

BladeTheWolfBoy - Yesterday

9 by Jeevanandhnr »»
Today, 2:38 AM

» New(ish) to MAL

Kewpr - Yesterday

6 by MeguSae38 »»
Today, 12:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.