Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 4, 2:33 AM

May 2020
it's not just you
i remember the older seasons being much funnier

May 4, 5:05 AM

Aug 2020
It’s just you, the series didn’t fell off. You fell off
May 4, 5:56 AM
Jul 2020
I'm having a blast with the new season. I've no idea what show you watched before if you feel this season is any different from the last one.
May 4, 7:47 PM

Mar 2013
Maybe it is just you growing out of it. Season 1 aired almost 8 years ago, and I was just fresh out of high school. Since then, I went to college, graduated, and pursuing a graduate degree. To me the series has not fell off so much in quality so much that I think this many of us fans have outgrown this type of comedy.

Heck, I am watching far less anime then I did in my late teenage years. To me, this show made me sort of sad in the same way you log onto a video game you have not logged into for nearly a decade. The show is largely as I remember it, but we changed. That, and this type of comedy series does hit roadblocks when it comes to having more and more seasons and characters become more beholden to their schticks, which admittingly is limited for certain characters, honestly. The writing isn't so much worst so much that it is more difficult to really expand upon this series.
May 4, 8:54 PM

Apr 2015
Reply to PeripheralVision
Maybe it is just you growing out of it. Season 1 aired almost 8 years ago, and I was just fresh out of high school. Since then, I went to college, graduated, and pursuing a graduate degree. To me the series has not fell off so much in quality so much that I think this many of us fans have outgrown this type of comedy.

Heck, I am watching far less anime then I did in my late teenage years. To me, this show made me sort of sad in the same way you log onto a video game you have not logged into for nearly a decade. The show is largely as I remember it, but we changed. That, and this type of comedy series does hit roadblocks when it comes to having more and more seasons and characters become more beholden to their schticks, which admittingly is limited for certain characters, honestly. The writing isn't so much worst so much that it is more difficult to really expand upon this series.
@PeripheralVision Yeah, this about how I feel too. I guess the same singular jokes that are the characters only defining traits just isn't funny to me anymore.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
May 4, 10:55 PM
Feb 2020
It's just you, S3 is better than S1 and S2 since it adapts content that are much better than the previous seasons.

Not to say S3 has not even adapted the best stuff yet. Episode 6 has everything to be by far the best Konosuba episode ever.
May 4, 10:57 PM
Feb 2020
Reply to Tropisch
@PeripheralVision Yeah, this about how I feel too. I guess the same singular jokes that are the characters only defining traits just isn't funny to me anymore.
Tropisch said:
Yeah, this about how I feel too. I guess the same singular jokes that are the characters only defining traits just isn't funny to me anymore.

"Characters only defining traits" lol, if you can't even grasp the fact the characters have countless defining traits and are full of personality, then how do you expect to appreciate anything?

You can only blame yourself for a lack of media literacy.
May 5, 1:04 PM
Jan 2022
Kitsune_089 said:
How far has this series fallen off...
The megumin spinoff aswell, its just not funny anymore

I liked the Megumin spin off and I’m liking season 3 more that Season 2
May 5, 8:54 PM

Apr 2018
Definitely felll off in comedy
May 6, 3:58 AM
Dec 2022
Maybe, I guess you could just go watch something else then đź‘Ť
May 7, 4:07 PM

Mar 2014
definitely less funny that the previous seasons, I find it hard to watch this season without cringing
May 7, 6:49 PM
Oct 2020
This season definitely has not been the same for me. I absolutely loved S1, enjoyed S2, and had fun with the movie. I did not like the Megumin spin-off, but I chalked it up to her not being my favorite character. This season, however, has been extremely unfunny, imo. As of episode 4, I haven't laughed once; not even a chuckle. I cannot stand how annoying Kazuma is - I didn't have any issue with him before - and the other characters haven't done much so far, so the focus has been solely on him. I'm not gonna drop it because I'm incapable of doing so, but it's the show this season I look forward to the least.
May 8, 4:44 AM
May 2024
Reply to RocketRaccoon83
This season definitely has not been the same for me. I absolutely loved S1, enjoyed S2, and had fun with the movie. I did not like the Megumin spin-off, but I chalked it up to her not being my favorite character. This season, however, has been extremely unfunny, imo. As of episode 4, I haven't laughed once; not even a chuckle. I cannot stand how annoying Kazuma is - I didn't have any issue with him before - and the other characters haven't done much so far, so the focus has been solely on him. I'm not gonna drop it because I'm incapable of doing so, but it's the show this season I look forward to the least.
@RocketRaccoon83 show has gotten stale. Not surprised people on social media are giving up on it. No way can they sustain this type of anime for 5 more seasons to full adaptation without people quitting
May 8, 4:45 AM
May 2024
Reply to NeigeNoire
definitely less funny that the previous seasons, I find it hard to watch this season without cringing
@NeigeNoire novelty has wear off. Should be dead obvious by how writing works.
May 9, 8:37 AM
Dec 2023
Season 1 , damn cool
Season 2 , damn cool
Season 3 , overreacting every humour, just meh
May 10, 6:10 PM
Feb 2021
Season 1: Pithy dialogue, great characterizations, animation meshed well with comedy. Voice acting sublime.

Season 2: Not quite as good as Season 1, but still as solid effort.

Season 3: YELLING IS FUNNY! HA HA HA! HA HA HA! HA HA HA!
May 10, 7:54 PM
Dec 2020
Well, I guess it's indeed a little different from the 2 seasons earlier (in terms of the comedy). But remember that the latest season aired almost 7 years ago (quite a long time), And the studio isn't the same. So, for me, This season is still funny. We already got the 3rd season, And I think that's enough (rather than no season 3).
May 11, 3:04 AM
Oct 2021
I only got into the show last year, so S1, S2 and movie are still fresh in my mind and without nostalgia goggles.

S3 is definitely different. A lot more yelling and deadpan expressions, bordering on overuse. But I’m still enjoying it nonetheless, just as much as the previous seasons.

The problem with comparing with something you watched a long time ago is that there’s a lot of nostalgia attached to it. Some of my favorite shows are stuff I watched as a teenager. Even if I can see that they’re not objectively good, I still have that sense of comfort and enjoyment when I rewatch them due to nostalgia.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15

146 by godavid10 »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8

150 by Meguahh »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zetjex - Mar 29

205 by Meguahh »»
7 minutes ago

» Translations are lacking this season.

Dashiva761 - May 2

39 by Mystogan14579 »»
4 hours ago

» Seeing a lot of complaints over the humor

Yui_Suzumiya69 - Apr 13

39 by Merve2Love »»
12 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.