Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 30, 1:02 AM
May 2013
Were the differences between then manga and anime big, or was everything covered just in different order ? or was a lot skipped etc ?
Apr 30, 1:52 AM
May 2021
xnub said:
Were the differences between then manga and anime big, or was everything covered just in different order ? or was a lot skipped etc ?

They pretty much covered everything, yeah there are some changes but not major, at least for the story. When it comes to the characters instead they kind of destroyed a part of them. I will let an axample that i think it's look bater in manga than in the anime.To be honest i will say bater reed manga than watching the anime. And i am sorry if my english is bad. I am not that good at english.

Apr 30, 1:54 AM
Jul 2020
Some things were skipped, but overall it's a good adaptation.

What I remember most clearly being skipped is Ragna's fight against Dornea (9th seat of the Winged Bloodline) in the first few episodes (which was supposed to take place shortly before Ragna and Crimson ally).

Another thing was a little (really very little) more screen time for Urshgaurn during the defensive battle in the fort, explaining his magic before he was killed by Fuwe.
Apr 30, 1:57 AM
Nov 2016
The anime indeed removed stuff from the manga, the differences aren't huge, but some things got removed and the worst offender for me was the Leo's chapters (the little girl that Ragna saved in the 1st episode).

1 - Leo appeared in Ch. 13.1, Ch. 13.2 and will appear again right after the anime ends in Ch. 57, Ch. 58 & Ch. 59, it's possible that they will include those missing Leo's chapter in an OVA or the beginning of S2 alongside Ch. 57,58 & 59, who knows, we won't be getting a 2nd season anytime soon though.

2 - The anime also removed the beginning of Ch. 02 which has a future Ragna holding Leo's head and protecting her head from the flies, it's a sad scene and the anime removed it which sucks.

3 - The anime removed the Superior Dragon named Baron Sierra which appeared in Ch. 03 and was replaced by a bunch of low dragons in episode 2, this change was really, REALLY stupid IMHO, I don't know why they removed Baron Sierra, he gets one shotted so he's not that important but his death will give the soldiers in episode 3 a reason to follow Ragna since they see him kill a Superior Dragon and this motivates them to fight against the Wind Dragon.

4 - The anime removed a piece of important information that happened in Crimson's flashback in episode 08 (Ch. 17), they say that America is gone and that there's nothing left, this is important because it's another hint that Ragna Crimson is actually happening in our real world and hence, that's the reason you see cars and modern weapons in it, etc...

5 - The anime removed how Crimson was able to save Ragna from Ultimatia in episode 07 when he collapsed. When Ultimatia rewound time Crimson knew right away that Ultimatia used her triumph card and thus, he started his preparations to save Ragna, and when Ultimatia stopped time, Crimson was able to see how Ragna moved inside it and slash Ultimatia to bits, this made Crimson smile and yeah, Crimson is able to move inside the time stopping magic too so Ultimatia's ability is useless against him.

6 - The anime removed the clock in the 1st encounter of Ragna vs Kamui, the whole fight there happened in 10 seconds and the fight was displayed with a clock, it's an awesome fight that got brutalized in the anime, seriously, this fight was fucking horrible in the anime.

Etc... and just like this the anime removed more stuff but I need to go through all of it again to see the difference between them and this will take a lot of time so I won't do it but you get the idea. I advise you to read the manga from the beginning, it's better.
Apr 30, 2:00 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to Zeth2604
Some things were skipped, but overall it's a good adaptation.

What I remember most clearly being skipped is Ragna's fight against Dornea (9th seat of the Winged Bloodline) in the first few episodes (which was supposed to take place shortly before Ragna and Crimson ally).

Another thing was a little (really very little) more screen time for Urshgaurn during the defensive battle in the fort, explaining his magic before he was killed by Fuwe.

@Zeth2604 The dragon you are talking about is actually Baron Sierra, he appeared in Ch. 03 and the anime replaced him by a bunch of inferior dragons.
Apr 30, 2:11 AM
Jul 2020
xZabuzax said:

@Zeth2604 The dragon you are talking about is actually Baron Sierra, he appeared in Ch. 03 and the anime replaced him by a bunch of inferior dragons.

Oh, that's right. Dornea actually has no role outside of Old Ragna's flashback. Thanks for the correction.

Strangely, they remembered to put them in Ending 2.
Apr 30, 2:21 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to Zeth2604
xZabuzax said:

Oh, that's right. Dornea actually has no role outside of Old Ragna's flashback. Thanks for the correction.

Strangely, they remembered to put them in Ending 2.
@Zeth2604 Yeah it's indeed weird how the anime has Baron Sierra and Dornea in Ending 2 when none of them had any importance in the anime, oh well they are part of the Bloodline of Wings so I guess they needed to appear in it.

Both of them appear in the flashback btw =)

Apr 30, 2:42 AM
Oct 2020
xZabuzax said:
The anime indeed removed stuff from the manga, the differences aren't huge, but some things got removed and the worst offender for me was the Leo's chapters (the little girl that Ragna saved in the 1st episode).

1 - Leo appeared in Ch. 13.1, Ch. 13.2 and will appear again right after the anime ends in Ch. 57, Ch. 58 & Ch. 59, it's possible that they will include those missing Leo's chapter in an OVA or the beginning of S2 alongside Ch. 57,58 & 59, who knows, we won't be getting a 2nd season anytime soon though.

2 - The anime also removed the beginning of Ch. 02 which has a future Ragna holding Leo's head and protecting her head from the flies, it's a sad scene and the anime removed it which sucks.

3 - The anime removed the Superior Dragon named Baron Sierra which appeared in Ch. 03 and was replaced by a bunch of low dragons in episode 2, this change was really, REALLY stupid IMHO, I don't know why they removed Baron Sierra, he gets one shotted so he's not that important but his death will give the soldiers in episode 3 a reason to follow Ragna since they see him kill a Superior Dragon and this motivates them to fight against the Wind Dragon.

4 - The anime removed a piece of important information that happened in Crimson's flashback in episode 08 (Ch. 17), they say that America is gone and that there's nothing left, this is important because it's another hint that Ragna Crimson is actually happening in our real world and hence, that's the reason you see cars and modern weapons in it, etc...

5 - The anime removed how Crimson was able to save Ragna from Ultimatia in episode 07 when he collapsed. When Ultimatia rewound time Crimson knew right away that Ultimatia used her triumph card and thus, he started his preparations to save Ragna, and when Ultimatia stopped time, Crimson was able to see how Ragna moved inside it and slash Ultimatia to bits, this made Crimson smile and yeah, Crimson is able to move inside the time stopping magic too so Ultimatia's ability is useless against him.

6 - The anime removed the clock in the 1st encounter of Ragna vs Kamui, the whole fight there happened in 10 seconds and the fight was displayed with a clock, it's an awesome fight that got brutalized in the anime, seriously, this fight was fucking horrible in the anime.

Etc... and just like this the anime removed more stuff but I need to go through all of it again to see the difference between them and this will take a lot of time so I won't do it but you get the idea. I advise you to read the manga from the beginning, it's better.

I still wonder about the complaints against the first kamui fight, like it would have just been a slideshow of the manga panels, which would have not been nice to look at, and you can't really do that fast of an animation, no one will know what the hell's going on unlike in manga where you can see every detail before moving to the next one, I feel like they chose the best route that would not ruin it in anime form, and unless you can show me it could have been more accurate without those problems, I will stand by this
Apr 30, 2:49 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to CrunchyCrobat
xZabuzax said:

I still wonder about the complaints against the first kamui fight, like it would have just been a slideshow of the manga panels, which would have not been nice to look at, and you can't really do that fast of an animation, no one will know what the hell's going on unlike in manga where you can see every detail before moving to the next one, I feel like they chose the best route that would not ruin it in anime form, and unless you can show me it could have been more accurate without those problems, I will stand by this

@CrunchyCrobat Fair enough, my main complaint about that fight isn't the clock part though, that's the complaint for plenty of Ragna Crimson fans for sure, my main complaint is actually the animation in that fight which was horrible and for a fight as important as this one, it deserved better animation.

I'm not even asking for top tier animation like One Punch Man S1 or Demon Slayer or anything like that, I just wanted something decent like Ragna vs Ultimatia, that fight isn't top tier but it's decent enough to get a 8/10 and that's good enough for me, but the 1st encounter of Ragna vs Kamui was dogshit sadly.
Apr 30, 2:59 AM
Oct 2018
CrunchyCrobat said:
xZabuzax said:

The first kamui fight was chapter 40, in the first kamui fight they could've had it be nearly 1 to 1, apart from pages 6 and 7 all of the attacks are massive singular attacks, it could've been done in a way similar to how zenitsu attacked that rope neck girl demon at the end of demon slayer S2, or how stark's final blow against that copycat demon in the middle of the frieren anime was animated. Those attacks in those anime happened within frames to emphasize the speed. Ragna Crimson could've done that and add the clock. The aftermath of the attacks in the manga are also greater in magnitude than the anime.
Apr 30, 5:42 AM
Dec 2022
It was a pretty good adaptation imo but yes, the manga over the anime.
Apr 30, 3:08 PM
Jun 2023
this anime truly deserves a second season
Apr 30, 4:32 PM
Aug 2023
@salped , your english are great , where you from ? and how you learn english? i,m learn too
May 1, 12:08 PM
May 2013
Reply to emperord0909
this anime truly deserves a second season
@emperord0909 needs more source material first .... as its a 1 month manga it will probably be minimum 2 years if really lucky

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 18 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 17

42 by Magicmist »»
May 17, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Sep 30, 2023

219 by lasodamos »»
May 13, 1:12 PM

» material for s2

Kimo45 - Mar 31

15 by Apratim »»
May 12, 1:06 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Feb 10

72 by Magicmist »»
May 10, 5:53 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 22 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 16

45 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 8, 10:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.