Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 25, 1:01 AM

May 2013
Been thinking about cover arts to games recently. What are some of your personal favs and why? I'll gush about a few of my personal favorites.

Wizardry:

It is simple yet elegant. The dark black background only being broken by the red title and green dragon. The red also carrying over to the eye of the beast really sells it. The contrasting colors on top of pure darkness gives off the atmosphere of the entire game, a dark and dank dungeon filled with beasts and critters.

Medarot 5:

Medarot 5 taking place more rurally than the previous games already has a different atmosphere that reminds me of gen 2 Pokemon for obvious reasons. What I love about the art though is Kabuto and Kuwagata are facing eachother mimicking a battle and both cover arts connect together with their backgrounds to reflect this. Such a fucking cool idea.

Jaseiken Necromancer:

Okay this might be cheating since the art in this game is just ripoffs of H.R. Giger art but I still think it looks cool especially for a fantasy RPG. Obviously with horror elements but this is one of the cooler looking games in my collection. But since this is cheating I will throw in a bonus box art for Super Black Onyx

It is also a cheat since it is licensed artwork but still rules.

What about you though? Please share and discuss your favs because I want to learn.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Apr 25, 5:36 PM

Dec 2015
Cover art as some sort of Visual Key? [Like the main image/the picture which also appears in physical copies?]

If that's what is it than here's a couple:

Apocalyptica:

Knight's of the Temple Infernal Crusade:

Dark Souls III

Wolfenstein 2009 [Many people uses the 3rd picture as avatars without knowing that it is form Wolfenstein]

Wolfenstein The New Order

Tron Evolution [There were few, but I only know the one below which I like]

Apr 27, 12:14 PM

Sep 2023
Nier Automata:

Code Vein:

Metal Gear Solid 4:

Final Fantasy 16:

BioShock Infinite:

More topics from this board

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

145 by luckyrune »»
27 minutes ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

37 by RainAndLava »»
60 minutes ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

26 by Timeline_man »»
3 hours ago

» Do you track Accounts you made online

ST63LTH - Today

1 by DesuMaiden »»
3 hours ago

» Tsukihime remake will not have adult content rating!? What do you think?

rohan121 - May 2

9 by RobertsahDHDA »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.