Forum Settings
Forums
Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 6:46 PM

Jun 2015
THIS IS A LIGHT NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.

Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san Light Novel Volume 4 - Yen Press

=========================================================

Summer vacation! What are we here for?! Swimsuits! What do we expect to happen when we are on the beach?! Classic romcom tropes! Charge, man and woman of culture! To our youth! Yeahh...!!! 🔥

- Yuki hyping Masa and Ayano up. (Probably, likely, definitely)

---------------------------------------------------

Masachika continues his cringe compilation throughout his summer. I don't even know if the bedroom scene actually happen or not. Was it only his imagination to have an attempt to tease Alya? And suddenly it ends up in a date? Again, I didn't pay enough attention.

Here comes the beach. Masa and Yuki bonding is always appreciated. We have a bite of Masha's character as she seems very assured when Masachika is around her, but also uneasy when she reminded Masachika of his dog bite wound. A reason which should have been quite obvious since volumes past. Finally, our lovely Alya. It's quite (un)fortunate for Masachika to experience such youth. Cherish it, damn it boy! Say thanks to Alya before getting beaten up for honor! 🤣

Here comes the serious part. Masachika has quite a deep wound because of his past. The golden child of Suou household is, again, a child. He craves for parental love and he works hard for it. But when his hard work isn't rewarded by love, the result is already given. A broken child. Even worse than that, he carries the guilt of his life and how it affects those whom he holds dear, especially Yuki.

Growing older, he "realizes" that he is undeserving of love, and therefore, incapable of having one anymore. What goes beyond that is nothing but arrogance. What's left is his continuous self deprecation whilst holding on the only lights he has right now, namely Alya and Yuki.

Lastly, and most importantly........ WHY DO I ALWAYS WANT TO SHIP THE LOSING PAIRINGS?!! Onodera Kosaki, Nakano Miku, Shiodome Miuna. Like, WHY...?! And now I'm fully investing my stock on Masha, fully knowing that Alya is definitely winning at the end. Why do childhood friends always lose? (No, I'm not talking about Nakano Yotsuba. I hate Quintuplets ending with my whole being.) And why does Masha have to be such a sweetheart..? 😢

This is unfair, this is cruel. Especially with the possibility of Masha being able to take part in healing Masachika's heart, but then Masachika ends up with Alya. I don't dislike Alya at all, I love her in fact, but Masha is just that lovely to me. (Mainly because I'm weak against characters with such personalities. Heck, I have Shiina Mahiru as my number 1, dang it!)

Sigh... Here I am again, sailing for a certain crash. But here I am, again, without a slightest amount of regret. Go Masha!!

Conclusion, a cliffhanger. Masha being the childhood friend is a given to all since the start of her debut in volume 1. The characters are cute and I'd always welcome Masa-Yuki banters. Now, I have to wait until August 2024 for Yen Press to release volume 5. It will be a torture of waiting time because I can feel the void this series has left me. See you in the next volume. 😁
YosepRAMar 28, 7:06 PM
Mar 29, 1:09 AM
Dec 2018
I didn't figure out Masha was her childhood friend at the time I read the first volumes so I was quite surprised to be honest.

(Little spoiler)

But I remember at the time of this revelation I feared the story goes more on a love triangle thingy. Actually the author was smart enough to keep the focus on Aalya using Masha as a way to let Masachika compare his feelings for both and realize the one he truly loves his Aalya.
Mar 29, 2:39 AM

Jun 2015
Reply to DragyG
I didn't figure out Masha was her childhood friend at the time I read the first volumes so I was quite surprised to be honest.

(Little spoiler)

But I remember at the time of this revelation I feared the story goes more on a love triangle thingy. Actually the author was smart enough to keep the focus on Aalya using Masha as a way to let Masachika compare his feelings for both and realize the one he truly loves his Aalya.
@DragyG I can definitely see that happening from miles away. Such an unpleasant dilemma for me to root for two characters.
Mar 29, 2:43 AM
Dec 2018
YosepRA said:
@DragyG I can definitely see that happening from miles away. Such an unpleasant dilemma for me to root for two characters.

I feel you I like them both but Aalya is my pick so I'm happy enough with how it goes.

It also became spicier with Masha in volume 8 so if you like her you will probably enjoy that as well.
Mar 29, 4:04 AM

Jun 2015
Reply to DragyG
YosepRA said:

I feel you I like them both but Aalya is my pick so I'm happy enough with how it goes.

It also became spicier with Masha in volume 8 so if you like her you will probably enjoy that as well.
@DragyG Thanks! Hopefully I can have the opportunity to read that far. 😁

More topics from this board

» Where do you think the story will end?

Juceez - Apr 6

2 by Anime_avid »»
Apr 6, 9:51 AM

Poll: » Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Aalya-san Chapter 1 Discussion

IrrelevantGuy - Nov 17, 2022

2 by excitionzero »»
Mar 24, 9:19 PM

» Anime Broadcast Rescheduled to Summer 2024

Ricky16 - Feb 18

2 by Ricky16 »»
Feb 28, 8:39 PM

» Is the LN ahead of the manga?

Izuella - Feb 1

6 by IrrelevantGuy »»
Feb 2, 12:18 PM

» I'm not sure what this is...

Zelfh - Jan 23

2 by HaruyukiIsCute »»
Jan 23, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.