Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 29, 10:07 AM
Mar 2024
Justifier said:
It gets even cringier. Just watch it like the MC, turn your brains off and don't take it seriously. It's surprisingly enjoyable that way.

This is the best way to explain the joy of show. 100% agree.
Mar 29, 10:16 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to GreatCarerJack
fghPOWA said:
I'm 2 episodes in and I gotta say it's so insanely cringe I can't comprehend how people can watch this while paying actual attention to it, while I am an enjoyer of Isekai and certainly edgy characters, this isn't horrible but I can't even watch 5 minutes without pausing and cringing into oblivion. So my question is, will it get less cringe or might it get even cringier?

the cringe is the comedy, youre supposed to find it funny
@GreatCarerJack A lot of people were initially missing the comedy, I'm guessing it's because isekai is often this unironically trash.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 29, 11:41 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to LostSpectre
@ejleon Person who unironically LOVES isekai doesn't enjoy an anime parodying isekai tropes? I'm shocked.
@LostSpectre … not even their insults are funny … pathetically lame

Shadow is not a parody, because that would be funny.

For exmaple …

Austin Powers was a parody of James Bond, that was funny.

Spaceballs was a parody of Star Wars, that was funny.

Analyze This was a parody of Italian Mob Movies like The Godfather, that was funny.

They don’t hate the movies they are parodying, in fact they love the movies they are parodying, it is just fun to add comedy into them.

Shadow is made for haters like you, people who lack the intelligence to understand why Isekai is good, their idea of “comedy” is to not have any sense of humor at all, and their idea of a story is to try to irritate their audience to no end.

So it is not surprising that you like this mountain-sized pile of manure.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Mar 29, 12:21 PM
Nov 2020
at the right exact moment that you understand that eminence in shadow is a satire of isekai shows, it becomes so enjoyable. espacially with the incredible animation this show has.
Mar 29, 2:40 PM
Jun 2021
the cringier the better. I think the whole anime is cringe. that's what makes it original instead of all the other ones trying to be legit but end up cringe. So just enjoy it without judging it and you'll have fun
Mar 29, 5:26 PM

Apr 2021
vito11 said:
at the right exact moment that you understand that eminence in shadow is a satire of isekai shows, it becomes so enjoyable. espacially with the incredible animation this show has.

Define Satire:

1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, to expose, denounce, or deride the folly or corruption of institutions, people, or social structures

2. a work of art, literature, or entertainment in which the folly and corruption of human beings, institutions, or social structures are exposed, denounced, or ridiculed

As I thought, it is for haters who don’t understand Isekai anime’s goodess, not for people who acutely enjoy isekai anime’s goodness.

Thanks for revealing that it is not a parody.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Mar 29, 8:12 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to ejleon
vito11 said:

Define Satire:

1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, to expose, denounce, or deride the folly or corruption of institutions, people, or social structures

2. a work of art, literature, or entertainment in which the folly and corruption of human beings, institutions, or social structures are exposed, denounced, or ridiculed

As I thought, it is for haters who don’t understand Isekai anime’s goodess, not for people who acutely enjoy isekai anime’s goodness.

Thanks for revealing that it is not a parody.
@ejleon it is great anime,bro it is not for haters
Mar 29, 10:08 PM

Apr 2021
Sayan_Pal said:

Bro, I’m not a “hater”, I like Isekai, and I really gave this a chance, but even then I hated EiS and it’s MC.

Mar 29, 11:24 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to ejleon
Sayan_Pal said:

Bro, I’m not a “hater”, I like Isekai, and I really gave this a chance, but even then I hated EiS and it’s MC.
@ejleon i not mean u, i mean this anime is good
Mar 30, 12:08 AM

Apr 2021
Sayan_Pal said:

Oh ok, I understand.

Could you sum up for me what you thought was good and I’ll read it?

I would like to know your opinion on the anime.

Mar 30, 3:06 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to ejleon
Sayan_Pal said:

Oh ok, I understand.

Could you sum up for me what you thought was good and I’ll read it?

I would like to know your opinion on the anime.
@ejleon i think the anime is not a masterpiece, but is definitely a good anime i rate it 7-8+, cid,s op ness make him unique and he is not a typical stereotypical protagonist, he is different from other protagonist
Mar 30, 3:18 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to ejleon
@LostSpectre … not even their insults are funny … pathetically lame

Shadow is not a parody, because that would be funny.

For exmaple …

Austin Powers was a parody of James Bond, that was funny.

Spaceballs was a parody of Star Wars, that was funny.

Analyze This was a parody of Italian Mob Movies like The Godfather, that was funny.

They don’t hate the movies they are parodying, in fact they love the movies they are parodying, it is just fun to add comedy into them.

Shadow is made for haters like you, people who lack the intelligence to understand why Isekai is good, their idea of “comedy” is to not have any sense of humor at all, and their idea of a story is to try to irritate their audience to no end.

So it is not surprising that you like this mountain-sized pile of manure.
@ejleon Jesus Christ. You missed the point by a mile. You unironically love bad isekai, and Eminence is essentially a bad isekai, but done purposely and exaggerated to comedic effect, making it actually good. This is evident from all your criticisms of the show, you would have preferred if the series was a straight-laced story set in the same world. It has nothing to do with being a show for "haters" it's for people who like isekai, just not people who like bad isekai.

Oh, and here's the Anilist page. Parody is the 4th most prominent tag at 89%.

https://anilist.co/anime/130298/Kage-no-Jitsuryokusha-ni-Naritakute/
LostSpectreMar 30, 4:06 AM
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 30, 6:51 AM
May 2023
PwnZ said:
cringe?
no i don't think so, you are just jealous
this is a bait thread, you better touch some grass, Best MC in isekai genre

So yeah, watch it, NOW

agreed my guy,agreed
Mar 30, 1:39 PM
Oct 2020
If you don't like it then don't watch it. I personally love this Anime. No need for insults or nasty comments. This show is peak funny imo. Everyone likes different shows, if you don't like it keep your comments to yourself and drop the show.
Mar 30, 10:24 PM
Aug 2021
fghPOWA said:
I'm 2 episodes in and I gotta say it's so insanely cringe I can't comprehend how people can watch this while paying actual attention to it, while I am an enjoyer of Isekai and certainly edgy characters, this isn't horrible but I can't even watch 5 minutes without pausing and cringing into oblivion. So my question is, will it get less cringe or might it get even cringier?

the cringe is kind of the point of the show. Oh well if it aint for you, you should drop it.
Mar 31, 6:13 AM

Apr 2020
An Isekai enjoyer who's turned off by the level of cringe....

Hm....
Contradicting, no? xD
Mar 31, 8:51 AM
Jun 2021
LostSpectre said:
@GreatCarerJack A lot of people were initially missing the comedy, I'm guessing it's because isekai is often this unironically trash.

yeah its like "wait this was making fun of isekai anime this entire time" kinda thing because it passes itself off as straight as it can
Mar 31, 9:44 PM
Feb 2020
fghPOWA said:

The adaptation is pretty bad in the first 2 or 3 episodes, then the satire sets in. The main character is supposed to be cheesy ash, however, it comes off as simple cringe at fist, which is sad, I cannot imagine how many people have dropped it because of the bad first impression.
Apr 1, 1:24 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to Eglav
fghPOWA said:

The adaptation is pretty bad in the first 2 or 3 episodes, then the satire sets in. The main character is supposed to be cheesy ash, however, it comes off as simple cringe at fist, which is sad, I cannot imagine how many people have dropped it because of the bad first impression.
@Eglav it is good anime, if u not like then ignore
Apr 1, 10:07 AM
Jul 2021
season 1 was still enjoyable for me. season 2 ep4 got so weird and ridiculous that I just dropped it.

if I need to switch off my brain just to enjoy it, might as well watch teletubbies while I am at it
DeltaFoxtrotApr 1, 10:11 AM
Apr 1, 8:36 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to DeltaFoxtrot
season 1 was still enjoyable for me. season 2 ep4 got so weird and ridiculous that I just dropped it.

if I need to switch off my brain just to enjoy it, might as well watch teletubbies while I am at it
@DeltaFoxtrot it is good anime, if u not like ignore then,it deserve 8 rating
Apr 18, 6:01 AM
Mar 2023
the whole reason it's cri ge is because cid is a chunibyuuo and just wants to get stronger but I would suggest watching it because season 2 is so much better then season 1
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2022

730 by Sayan_Pal »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

745 by HatsuoIM »»
Apr 18, 3:56 AM

» How is Cid so strong?

eWEQRW123123 - Apr 13

5 by Sayan_Pal »»
Apr 15, 7:32 AM

» This anime would be 10x better without Cid ( 1 2 3 4 )

Apollo_Injustice - Dec 21, 2023

173 by Sayan_Pal »»
Apr 13, 7:43 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2023

179 by Sayan_Pal »»
Apr 13, 7:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.