Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 27, 2:09 PM
Oct 2019
all i want is more fleshed out story kind of feels rushed on a side note i hope the romance is more in the background and not what the story becomes
Mar 27, 2:20 PM

Jul 2021
I just want ayanokouji to stop being an idiot psychopath. Either that or stop making me feel bad for every person caught up in his idiot psychopath reformation attempt. That last scene does not give me hope for any of these 2 though. The thought of a 3rd of the story having already taken place and basically no progress in this regard really sucks.
Mar 27, 2:23 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to IhnalakoKaina
I just want ayanokouji to stop being an idiot psychopath. Either that or stop making me feel bad for every person caught up in his idiot psychopath reformation attempt. That last scene does not give me hope for any of these 2 though. The thought of a 3rd of the story having already taken place and basically no progress in this regard really sucks.
@IhnalakoKaina that's the point of the story lol
Mar 27, 2:26 PM

Apr 2021
IhnalakoKaina said:

Isn’t him trying to learn “romance/love” him trying to make progress?
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Mar 27, 2:29 PM
Jan 2021
IhnalakoKaina said:

Wow you're complaining about the point of Ayanos character 💀. In your eyes it would be great to give Ayano some character development just in a mere year in which he experienced real life💀. How realistic that would be ......
Mar 27, 2:30 PM
Jan 2021
AshTheChamp said:
IhnalakoKaina said:

Wow you're complaining about the point of Ayanos character 💀. In your eyes it would be great to give Ayano some character development just in a mere year in which he experienced real life💀. How realistic that would be ......

After being in an educational facility for his whole life that almost "deleted" his ability to feel emotions
Mar 27, 2:32 PM

Mar 2013
I need more romance.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 27, 2:45 PM

Jul 2021
saikyozero said:

Well, there's a chance they pull a schadenfreude and go for the tragic story instead, which is what I fear.

AshTheChamp said:

Very, they say people can change in an instant, a year is plenty time for a 15/16 year old who supposedly has never seen normal life to change a little. I'm not asking for a makeover, just not a zero percent progress which is what I got from that scene.
Mar 27, 2:46 PM

Jan 2013
My hope is that there won't be a S4. /s
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 27, 3:02 PM
Aug 2023
honestly I feel like they'll take a 1-2 year break and continue around 2025/26 if they were going to continue the series. From what I've heard the second year arc/s4 is going to be drama packed and it'll definitely have great scenes. But what I fear is that they'll catch up to the LN (right about now would be another 2 seasons and a half worth of material I think) and then abandon the 3rd year arc for a long time.

all in all I think a 4th season is possible, although not untill this or early/mid next year.
Mar 27, 3:18 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to AshTheChamp
AshTheChamp said:
IhnalakoKaina said:

After being in an educational facility for his whole life that almost "deleted" his ability to feel emotions
@AshTheChamp which btw fucko, don't talk to me about realism in cote. If you really think that, leaving aside the setting, story developments, character backgrounds and abilities, the "manipulation" that takes place is anything other than a fictional, unrealistic narrative made for the plot to move forward then you're pretty disconnected from reality.

You can say that it's interesting, creative or dramatic, but realistic?. At this point he is no longer mysterious, and when I call him an idiot psychopath, I'm not insulting his character, but just describing it. Or how else would you describe someone who lacks any empathy for other people and only thinks about how to meet his needs and wants?

If that's what you're into, then good for you, I was just hoping that they would start making him into someone I can not totally despise.
Mar 27, 4:06 PM
Aug 2021
IhnalakoKaina said:
saikyozero said:

Well, there's a chance they pull a schadenfreude and go for the tragic story instead, which is what I fear.

AshTheChamp said:

Very, they say people can change in an instant, a year is plenty time for a 15/16 year old who supposedly has never seen normal life to change a little. I'm not asking for a makeover, just not a zero percent progress which is what I got from that scene.

first of all, there has been progress, not zero, second of all, on what planet can people change in an instant? if someone's personality seems to change instantaneously, it's either because they started putting on an act, or if they were putting on an act and then started showing their true personality, both of those cases their true personality didn't change instantaneously or maybe even at all
Mar 27, 7:30 PM
Sep 2022
Let's Pray For Segs Time
Mar 27, 8:13 PM

Jul 2021
benjo123 said:
IhnalakoKaina said:

first of all, there has been progress, not zero, second of all, on what planet can people change in an instant? if someone's personality seems to change instantaneously, it's either because they started putting on an act, or if they were putting on an act and then started showing their true personality, both of those cases their true personality didn't change instantaneously or maybe even at all

the saying refers to how a single, significant, extraordinary event can have such an effect on a person that they come to a realization that changes their outlook on life. Trauma or epiphany. I've seen it happen.
Mar 27, 8:16 PM
Jul 2022
LostSpectre said:
My hope is that there won't be a S4. /s

Me to with his bad it’s been
Mar 27, 8:57 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to IhnalakoKaina
@IhnalakoKaina lol then stop watching dude stfu there are enough stories with happy go lucky guy who will sacrifice themselves for people they met 1 minute ago, some of us want to watch psychopath and manipulative characters once in a while.
Mar 27, 11:13 PM
Jun 2023
IhnalakoKaina said:

in mushoku anime ,Rudy is like 40+ yet in another life he got 15+ years still he wasn't able to change when he had everything, family, friends, teacher, girlfriend, everyone supports him and a whole new world yet he didn't change, but us viewers every one supports that shitty character Rudy like YouTuber giga and may guys.

here ayanokoji, he doesn't have anything, he can't reveal who he is , no one supports him, he is still a high school students, doesn't know emotions, family treated like a lab rat , and now he escaped and trying to learn one by one yet he has many challenges to face from those guys ,how can he change quickly??? he is trying his best,now he is trying to understand love , your may think he is edgy character but he actually is not , he looks edy to those who know emotions and feelings but he doesn't looks edgy to those who suffered this kind of life ( not white room but discrimination, isolation, loss of freedom and do whatever other guys want ).

in dragon ball ,goku is innocent because he doesn't know how the world works, he was raised by his grandpa, his grandpa taught him only good things, Goku don't know what greed is , lust is ,he is same as always, but when he came to real world ( started his journey) , he should change into a character, but what happened, he becomes too much invested into becoming strong, because of the he almost destroyed many universes, he doesn't stay or show love to chi chi ( Vegeta shows better then Goku) , he still doesn't know anything??? how , he doesn't change into a better person but loses his character.

i am Comparing them because " a character is formed due to how many definitely you have gone through in your past years and due to your journey" ,
my character is like this because the way i survived is my knowledge of understanding of this world, the way your character is because the way you survived in this world, everything is about experience, and how other thaught you .

disclaimer: I love three of them ,but for me ayanokojis character makes sense and shows or tries to show real growth, his character is not humanly perfect but he wants to become human , feel love and emotions. i hope until end of the series he really changes and becomes a better person . he is one of my favourite characters too.
i used to love goke but now he is not my one of the favourite but he is a good character.
Mar 28, 1:47 AM
Jan 2023
I hope not. The adaptation is not great and the LN also loses its path. They should just give it a rest forever. But that's not really going to happen because for some reason this series is just way too popular and on top of that it's praised way more than it deserves.
Mar 28, 2:33 AM

May 2021
3 seasons is enough for this anime. If you managed to watch 3 seasons of cote, you at least cares about it. Which is why you should just read the novel. The anime gets the job done but some parts feels off and weird.
Mar 28, 4:05 AM

Mar 2009
Being this MC voice actor must be the easiest job in the industry. You're just reading lines half asleep.
There is a fine line between character being OP, badass, heartless and numb, lifeless, nihilist. The MC is the latter.
Mar 28, 4:54 AM

Jul 2021
@animefan1266 why? I can say whatever I want. I'm not even saying the show is shit or anything, or that I want anybody to be a philanthropist. I'm just opining, but I guess I struck a nerve there. Tell mommy to rub an ointment on your ass or something then.
Mar 28, 5:06 AM

Jul 2021
@_otaku_man00 Right, I never said I wanted him to change quickly.

Also, he can reveal who he is, and people can and would support him. It's not like I don't understand the character. I get it, damn, you all don't have to explain it. I'm not saying how he should be, or how it would make sense he would be, but how I'd like him to be just a little bit. But people just get up in arms if you even slightly defy their perception of what is good.

btw rudeus sucks. if he was anything other than the protagonist nobody would care for such a sad character.

I thought you'd mention subaru from re:zero but I guess that is not convenient for your point, is it? or does re:zero suck?
Mar 28, 5:22 AM
Jun 2023
IhnalakoKaina said:
@_otaku_man00 Right, I never said I wanted him to change quickly.

Also, he can reveal who he is, and people can and would support him. It's not like I don't understand the character. I get it, damn, you all don't have to explain it. I'm not saying how he should be, or how it would make sense he would be, but how I'd like him to be just a little bit. But people just get up in arms if you even slightly defy their perception of what is good.

btw rudeus sucks. if he was anything other than the protagonist nobody would care for such a sad character.

I thought you'd mention subaru from re:zero but I guess that is not convenient for your point, is it? or does re:zero suck?

no , i think re zero mc is the most realistic mc, because I don't think I can live the way he is doing, i would definitely cry if I were in his shoes ,its the truth, i think he is the most suffered character in all the animes, I love re zero because of mc and how he solves everything even tho he doesn't have any powers , except his loop time and he has to die for that , it's really sad story,

and in cote , MC's father is a very big person and has many connections and he is doing that research on humans, while not knowing anyone, it's illigal and criminal case and i don't think there areany people who can save mc ,and even government can't do that i think,
and about revealing his identity , bro, he wants to live a normal life if he reveals that he is a white room candidate no one will come to talk to him and everyone will ignore him , everyone will show him or will not treat him whole heartedly like they are doing now, it has many risks ,he only has 3 years to experience anything if he wants ,it's hard bro, he doesn't know any emotions and it's hard to predict to how he will live his life.
_otaku_man00Mar 28, 5:29 AM
Mar 28, 5:49 AM
Mar 2022
IhnalakoKaina said:
saikyozero said:

AshTheChamp said:

bro you re asking someone who has in a room with no affection from anyone since he was baby until i think 15 or 16 years old to change in one year..it s impossible..a thing that can really change a little is the results when ayanokouji participate..i want him to lose for real once..i like him but the results are too predictable at this point if he will participate
Mar 28, 5:49 AM
Mar 2022
SutoratejiSensei said:
Let's Pray For Segs Time

dirty mind
i like it
Mar 28, 5:56 AM
Jan 2024
My hope is that Ayanokoji will have at least a little emotion and romantic scenes because I am someone who loves romance.
Mar 28, 6:41 AM
Oct 2019
Zimmu said:
3 seasons is enough for this anime. If you managed to watch 3 seasons of cote, you at least cares about it. Which is why you should just read the novel. The anime gets the job done but some parts feels off and weird.

ok but i dont want to read the LN lmao
Mar 28, 6:42 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to ayogami_M
IhnalakoKaina said:
saikyozero said:

AshTheChamp said:

bro you re asking someone who has in a room with no affection from anyone since he was baby until i think 15 or 16 years old to change in one year..it s impossible..a thing that can really change a little is the results when ayanokouji participate..i want him to lose for real once..i like him but the results are too predictable at this point if he will participate
ayogami_M said:
bro you re asking someone who has in a room with no affection from anyone since he was baby until i think 15 or 16 years old to change in one year..it s impossible..

No I'm not. Just not zero percent change over a third of his time there. You all formed your opinions and answers before reading until the end

IhnalakoKaina said:
I'm not asking for a makeover, just not a zero percent progress which is what I got from that scene.

Just a sliver of empathy after his interaction with sakayanagi or not planning to destroy ichinose or further abuse karuizawa and then discard her. A tiny bit of hesitation, wondering if what he is doing is conducive to his actual goal. To start to follow horikita's example and advice.
Mar 28, 7:01 AM

Dec 2016
no thank you, BIG NO
Mar 28, 7:15 AM

May 2021
Reply to JaysonNnN
Zimmu said:

@JaysonNnN
Okay then don’t read it lol. Just gotta pray for another season🤷‍♂️
Mar 28, 7:15 AM

May 2021
Reply to JaysonNnN
Zimmu said:

@JaysonNnN
Okay then don’t read it lol. Just gotta pray for another season🤷‍♂️
Mar 28, 7:17 AM
Mar 2022
IhnalakoKaina said:
ayogami_M said:
bro you re asking someone who has in a room with no affection from anyone since he was baby until i think 15 or 16 years old to change in one year..it s impossible..

No I'm not. Just not zero percent change over a third of his time there. You all formed your opinions and answers before reading until the end

IhnalakoKaina said:
I'm not asking for a makeover, just not a zero percent progress which is what I got from that scene.

Just a sliver of empathy after his interaction with sakayanagi or not planning to destroy ichinose or further abuse karuizawa and then discard her. A tiny bit of hesitation, wondering if what he is doing is conducive to his actual goal. To start to follow horikita's example and advice.

bro i totally got what u want and of course u want him to be more human but we will get there too
it s not 0 progress
he said in one ep "i guess i m still there"
or asked Manabu abt dates which clearly shows that he wants to change but it s only the first year..if he would change so quick it wouldn t make sense
besides the anime made him a lot more cold
if you want him to be more human u can read the LN
Mar 28, 7:29 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
As for me I just want to know next how Ayanokoji handles stuffs being a boyfriend and whether he would see Kei as real lover later finally, as well as Ichinose reaction after she finds out her crush now has gf :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 28, 7:56 AM
Jan 2021
IhnalakoKaina said:
saikyozero said:

AshTheChamp said:

You didn't even understood what i meant and your EQ must be rly low if you think someone who was in an educational facility that kills your emotions his entire life can change in a mother fckg year🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️. You sure understood nothing about Ayanos Situation and Character. Stop ever talking about him if you don't want to get humbled like here
Mar 28, 8:10 AM

Jul 2021
AshTheChamp said:
IhnalakoKaina said:

You didn't even understood what i meant and your EQ must be rly low if you think someone who was in an educational facility that kills your emotions his entire life can change in a mother fckg year🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️. You sure understood nothing about Ayanos Situation and Character. Stop ever talking about him if you don't want to get humbled like here

right, your "eq" is clearly higher. Look in the mirror buddy, and try not to bash your head against it. Don't forget to take your escitalopram and risperidone. Go back to elementary school and learn how to write and read.
IhnalakoKainaMar 28, 8:17 AM
Mar 28, 9:49 AM
May 2022
Reply to IhnalakoKaina
@AshTheChamp which btw fucko, don't talk to me about realism in cote. If you really think that, leaving aside the setting, story developments, character backgrounds and abilities, the "manipulation" that takes place is anything other than a fictional, unrealistic narrative made for the plot to move forward then you're pretty disconnected from reality.

You can say that it's interesting, creative or dramatic, but realistic?. At this point he is no longer mysterious, and when I call him an idiot psychopath, I'm not insulting his character, but just describing it. Or how else would you describe someone who lacks any empathy for other people and only thinks about how to meet his needs and wants?

If that's what you're into, then good for you, I was just hoping that they would start making him into someone I can not totally despise.
@IhnalakoKaina I'm one of the big fans of this series and have also read year.1 However you are right with him being and idiotic psychopath. And idiotic not in the sense that he's an idiot. I also do feel bad alot when hes needlessly cold to others or just blatantly rude.

Though what your talking about no progress is not quite right. As well all the interesting plots, subplots, foreshadowing hints etc aside the STORY is literally HIM trying to make progress of experiencing a normal school life, and he is making progress and since its a psychology themed show most his inner thoughts and reasoning isnt showing in the anime. So far he has actually gotten better in communicating to other, trying to involve in making friends without the need of manipulation and make them for a need of it.eg. Shiina Ayanakoji made her his friend genuinely and not for benefits. Regarding hope for these two (kei&him) He doesn't just mean using kei as a book on what romance feel like he wishes for the time (After understanding what romance is) to be with Kei genuinely for love but he thinks the chances are very unlikely due to what his future holds for him hence him not willing to try all his best to end up with that future. This resolve of his on wanting to learn which also means growing and thus progressing. These are the few examples i can give from an Anime POV because just saying "Read the LN, and then quoting shit would be pointless".

But hey feel free to not agree not trying to argue, im just giving out what i think thanks.
Mar 28, 10:20 AM

Jul 2021
@ElmoBoredAsf I see what you're saying. I'm sure the ln gives a whole different vibe. But to me, getting that group of first name friends and getting closer to shiina does not mean much in terms of change of heart. Those scenes from the last episode really made it seem like he was exactly the same person he was at the end of season 1. Like the aforementioned "progress" was just a ruse, a part of an experiment and things actually are and will remain the same.
Mar 28, 11:17 PM
May 2022
IhnalakoKaina said:
@ElmoBoredAsf I see what you're saying. I'm sure the ln gives a whole different vibe. But to me, getting that group of first name friends and getting closer to shiina does not mean much in terms of change of heart. Those scenes from the last episode really made it seem like he was exactly the same person he was at the end of season 1. Like the aforementioned "progress" was just a ruse, a part of an experiment and things actually are and will remain the same.

I see, let’s hope for the best and maybe we might see more visible actual progress in future seasons.
Mar 29, 5:55 PM
Feb 2022
I need Season 4 please season 4
Mar 30, 8:39 AM
Sep 2022
ayogami_M said:
SutoratejiSensei said:
Let's Pray For Segs Time

dirty mind
i like it

I Also Like Momo, To Love Ru Is My Top 1 Fav.
Mar 30, 9:02 AM
Mar 2022
man of culture there
i can t say it s my fav anime but surely is my fav girl tied with Origami from DAL
Apr 7, 3:28 PM
Jan 2011
Reply to Zimmu
@Zimmu the issue i have is that the light novel got trashlated with portions removed and more.

OFF TOPIC

i am assuming you read the light novels, are you by any chance aware if the company re translated the work? no more censorshit? because of any enjoyment for this or another light novel, gets cancelled (for me) due to an intense disgust I have towards a certain mentally ill person who politically censors many light novels, games, anime subs and dub. And me buying said light novels, i am essentially supporting this person's income.

jobless reincarnation visual novel is the best example since the company was forced to acknowledge that it was not translated and needed to be retranslated
Apr 7, 5:42 PM

May 2021
Reply to Psi18c
@Zimmu the issue i have is that the light novel got trashlated with portions removed and more.

OFF TOPIC

i am assuming you read the light novels, are you by any chance aware if the company re translated the work? no more censorshit? because of any enjoyment for this or another light novel, gets cancelled (for me) due to an intense disgust I have towards a certain mentally ill person who politically censors many light novels, games, anime subs and dub. And me buying said light novels, i am essentially supporting this person's income.

jobless reincarnation visual novel is the best example since the company was forced to acknowledge that it was not translated and needed to be retranslated
@Psi18c
hmm I see your problem. But I don't think I can help much, since I bought my LNs directly from Kadokawa Taiwan which prints the Chinese copies. And Im not too familar with the company you said that does censorship. Out of curiousity, which company are you referring to?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

212 by PanditaMimilona »»
Sep 16, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20

143 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 9, 4:45 PM

» Not just bout this anime.

Avamarie316 - Sep 5

14 by DragyG »»
Sep 6, 7:17 AM

» 4th season announced ( 1 2 )

Dbagas8 - Aug 31

59 by Insane_0_2 »»
Sep 3, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13

143 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 2, 10:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.