Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Whisper Me a Love Song
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 19, 2:10 PM
Jan 2023
Guys I am DESPERATE for a good Yuri, but they never remind me of actual lesbian relationships. I just want a Yuri that is representative of queerness and has well developed, realistic characters and no toxic tropes! I just wanna ship some healthy, wholesome lesbians T-T

Also why are so many Yuri set in school? It's nostalgic but sometimes the characters seem even younger than their actual ages. I'm praying I hope this anime is good!
Mar 19, 2:22 PM
Aug 2022
snekkoboi said:
Guys I am DESPERATE for a good Yuri, but they never remind me of actual lesbian relationships. I just want a Yuri that is representative of queerness and has well developed, realistic characters and no toxic tropes! I just wanna ship some healthy, wholesome lesbians T-T

Also why are so many Yuri set in school? It's nostalgic but sometimes the characters seem even younger than their actual ages. I'm praying I hope this anime is good!

Obviously I can’t speak for wether or not the adaptation itself will be good but me personally this is my favourite yuri anime/manga. I haven’t seen one this good since bloom into you.

Obviously I can’t say wether or not they remind me of a real lesbian relationship (BECAUSE IVE NEVER SEEN ONE)

It does actually remind me a decent bit of bloom into you but I think it’s great personally. Yori and Hima have a very good dynamic.

The plot isn’t just romance related though while that’s the main focus there is stuff involved with music and bands.

Oh and I should mention there is no fan service. So that’s already a big plus.

Edit: the characters imo are really good, particularly Yori, Hima, Aki and Shiho. I hope they adapt the later parts involving Aki and Shiho. The show is decently drama heavy in the later volumes.
Mar 19, 4:01 PM

Apr 2018
I'm a fan of the manga and, in my opinion, the relationship between Yori and Hima is really wholesome.
Unfortunately my favorite character won't have much time in this season, hope we get a season 2.
And also, this became my second favorite yuri series after Bloom Into You of course.
Mar 19, 4:14 PM
May 2023
FireMaz said:
I'm a fan of the manga and, in my opinion, the relationship between Yori and Hima is really wholesome.
Unfortunately my favorite character won't have much time in this season, hope we get a season 2.
And also, this became my second favorite yuri series after Bloom Into You of course.

agree on everything, this Is my second favorite as well After Bloom into you. its Just really really good
Mar 19, 4:15 PM
May 2023
snekkoboi said:

the manga Is really and there Is no trace of toxicity anywhere, i Hope the adaptation follows the manga in every detail
Mar 19, 6:50 PM
Feb 2021
as a manga reader, it's just wholesome lesbian fluff. only gay girls being gay. no drama, no toxicity. as for how similar they are to lesbian relationships irl, i'd say they can be quite realistic, although it really depends on the people. i personally know a couple that acts like hima and yori do in this series.
Mar 21, 4:14 AM

Dec 2018
I really hope this will be good as well

But definitely not optimistic. Has been so many years since we have a good lesbian romance. Most of the last so-called Yuri, like Yuri is my job and Adachi to Shimamura were so badly written they were laughable IMO

I hope Japan will do something right for once

I want a cute Yuri romance with many sweet lesbian kisses,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Mar 23, 1:15 AM
Nov 2019
As someone caught up with the manga, I would not get your hopes up for this being representative of actual lesbian relationships. It's honestly much better than most yuri, but at least imo it feels very removed from reality. It's pleasant slop, but not much else.
Mar 23, 5:43 AM

Feb 2021
As a manga reader, it's great but I can't help but think the main arc overstayed its welcome. I know that's a weird thing to say, but really it feels like it's dragging way too long than it should've.

Question for fellow manga readers (HUGE SPOILERS DON'T CLICK) and please reply with spoiler on:
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Mar 23, 11:11 AM
Mar 2021
snekkoboi said:

Manga was perfect, i hope they adapt it well
Mar 25, 10:45 PM

Feb 2020
This is probably going to be similar to Adachi to Shimamura and Sasameki Koto with lots of blushing and teasing but not a single kiss or confession. Like those two shows, this also should get a second season to see some actual yuri progress.
Mar 26, 9:08 AM
Aug 2022
Reply to Serafos
This is probably going to be similar to Adachi to Shimamura and Sasameki Koto with lots of blushing and teasing but not a single kiss or confession. Like those two shows, this also should get a second season to see some actual yuri progress.
@Serafos Can I just say your thing about the not being a single confession is wrong.

There is blushing and teasing but I find this to be similar to bloom into you in how Hima Like Yuu didn't understand what love is, The only real difference is Hima falls in love quicker.

IF a second season did happen that season would focus more on the drama heavy parts of the story as it gets very drama heavy later, were the first season will probably focuses a lot more on Hima and Yori's dynamic (assuming they don't rush this)
Mar 31, 9:59 AM

Jun 2017
One thing I don't understand about the genre. How are there so many LGBT shows in a country that outlaws same sex marriage? An attempt to raise public awareness? Then again, the same was true in the United States when I was a child. Thankfully, the situation improved here somewhat. We still have much to improve.
Mar 31, 1:56 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to rassilon
One thing I don't understand about the genre. How are there so many LGBT shows in a country that outlaws same sex marriage? An attempt to raise public awareness? Then again, the same was true in the United States when I was a child. Thankfully, the situation improved here somewhat. We still have much to improve.
@rassilon

Cause it's fiction. It's day dreaming and something that spices up a conservative day, full of staying in line and beeing "normal", no?^^

Apr 5, 10:22 PM
Feb 2021
Phantom_373 said:
snekkoboi said:

Obviously I can’t speak for wether or not the adaptation itself will be good but me personally this is my favourite yuri anime/manga. I haven’t seen one this good since bloom into you.

Obviously I can’t say wether or not they remind me of a real lesbian relationship (BECAUSE IVE NEVER SEEN ONE)

It does actually remind me a decent bit of bloom into you but I think it’s great personally. Yori and Hima have a very good dynamic.

The plot isn’t just romance related though while that’s the main focus there is stuff involved with music and bands.

Oh and I should mention there is no fan service. So that’s already a big plus.

Edit: the characters imo are really good, particularly Yori, Hima, Aki and Shiho. I hope they adapt the later parts involving Aki and Shiho. The show is decently drama heavy in the later volumes.

oh there's fanservice alright if they adapt this properly, I can't wait to see their puffed up chibi faces smile and pout 😊😊
ughh them cheeks so pinchable 🥺

Apr 7, 5:35 PM

Oct 2022
If it's similar to Adachi & Shimamura that will be good, for me. I did not like Bloom into you, it bugged me like Citrus did. I couldn't handle Citrus so they better not do anything like that.
But what do you mean by toxic tropes? And representative of queerness?
I have had problems with lots of anime but if you're looking for anything from Japan to tick American political-correctness boxes, you might be in the wrong medium.
Apr 9, 3:03 AM
Jul 2021
disgusting anime 🤢 boring anime
Apr 13, 1:06 PM
Apr 2023
It’s better than good 🙏🙏

More topics from this board

» Poorly Animated

negatives - Yesterday

25 by velvetnyan »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 27

62 by Eleben »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 13

130 by Nanami0007 »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 20

86 by SuperAdventure »»
Yesterday, 6:01 PM

» Animations are really bad

apote - Apr 28

36 by Mimi_Jazmin »»
May 2, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.