Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 15, 3:11 AM
Apr 2023
No game no life's 10th anniversary will be held on 9th April, What do you guys think of a possible season 2 announcement
Mar 15, 3:14 AM
Oct 2019
I think it's gonna rain frogs and downpour Wagyu beefs before a season 2 happen also the moon would have to turn green and send goblin to earth for a full scale invasion and then season 2 will happen made by goblins.
Mar 15, 3:18 AM

Jan 2017
Jackson_rajkumar said:
What do you guys think of a possible season 2 announcement

Won't happen. They already announced that the celebration will be made with a new edition of a Blu-rays.

https://twitter.com/ngnl_anime/status/1752550847144398880
http://ngnl.jp/goods/blu-ray-dvd/#blu-ray-dvd-05
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Mar 15, 3:46 AM
Jan 2021
Just simply, GWS.
Mar 15, 4:06 AM
Feb 2023
It could happen. Truly odd that there wasn't a 2nd season unless the 1st cost a lot. Anyway, Soul Eater has been in the Queue for being rebooted/extended for so much longer.
Mar 15, 4:37 AM

Mar 2013
Let's hope for another sequel .. 🙄
(most of us love the anime but I doubt I have the time to read the LN)
CrazyButNot4UMar 15, 10:32 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 15, 6:05 AM
Dec 2018
Why are you hurting yourself ?
Let's enjoy the novels instead
Mar 15, 6:34 AM
Apr 2023
i thought this post *was* the season 2 announcement and i got my hopes up D:

we wait for season 2…
Mar 15, 6:47 AM
Jul 2022
Jackson_rajkumar said:
No game no life's 10th anniversary will be held on 9th April, What do you guys think of a possible season 2 announcement

I’m debating on when I should get the Ln I have others I need to buy and real first but it’s up there probably isn’t happening tbh
Mar 15, 8:01 AM
Feb 2022
I don't think so. I don't like NGNL anyway so I don't care. But I know it's really popular, it's wierd it didn't get a continuation.
Mar 15, 8:01 AM
Nov 2022
Jackson_rajkumar said:

Season 2 will only happen if the publishers risk actually making another season of someone who's been caught tracing for the illustrations on the LN, imo it's too much of a risk for them but it could be something entirely different
Mar 15, 10:06 AM
May 2021
I very much hope that a second season will be announced near the tenth anniversary
Mar 15, 1:47 PM
Jul 2019
I absolutely wish, but it's gonna be a no. They won't do another.
Mar 15, 2:37 PM
Oct 2023
Alexioos95 said:
Jackson_rajkumar said:
What do you guys think of a possible season 2 announcement

Won't happen. They already announced that the celebration will be made with a new edition of a Blu-rays.

https://twitter.com/ngnl_anime/status/1752550847144398880
http://ngnl.jp/goods/blu-ray-dvd/#blu-ray-dvd-05

they can do fucking blue rays but not a season 2 ? Keeping in mind the reason they gave were "We don't think we will be able to reach the quality and art style of season 1" .
Wtf, just draw red outlines instead of black, use some underpaid labour's that you already do, and increase the hue and that's close to s1 art style if not the same or better. I Just need a s2 with eame voice actors . I don't give a fuk, gimme a PowerPoint presentation if it's with the same va
Mar 15, 2:37 PM
Oct 2023
The_RJ said:
i thought this post *was* the season 2 announcement and i got my hopes up D:

we wait for season 2…

yes exactly my thoughts
Mar 15, 2:55 PM

Jan 2017
Aruhaya said:
they can do fucking blue rays but not a season 2 ?

Well yeah, that's simply not comparable... Doing new Blu-rays doesn't cost nearly as much as the production of even a single episode.

Aruhaya said:
Keeping in mind the reason they gave were "We don't think we will be able to reach the quality and art style of season 1" .

That's a very valid reason.

Producers are investing money in the project. If the project flop because it doesn't hold its ground against the previous installment, they'll lose money. A successful adaptation boost the sales of the source material, but in the opposite, a bad one might not do any good, and can even easily damage them. With, on top of that, the Light Novels nearing their end, there is absolutely no need for Kadokawa to risk anything...

In the end, Animes are merely complementary products, they are not a replacement. If you want the continuation, you have the Light Novels available.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Mar 15, 6:11 PM
Feb 2021
you'd probably have a higher chance of being richer than the rest of the entire world tomorrow than s2 coming in your entire lifetime.
Mar 15, 11:49 PM
Jan 2018
"New Topic: Season 2."

Hahahaha, good one! "New topic," haha...
Mar 15, 11:55 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Funny thing about this that if by some chance, there would be a second season, I wouldn't watch it. 10 years is too long time and I loose my interest in series quite quickly if it's not continuing fast enough. The series was mediocre for me so would not have watched a new season anyways. But I hope you'll get what you want.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Mar 17, 1:54 PM
Apr 2023
Impossible!! The meme will live on
Mar 19, 12:48 AM
Oct 2023
Alexioos95 said:
Aruhaya said:

Well yeah, that's simply not comparable... Doing new Blu-rays doesn't cost nearly as much as the production of even a single episode.

Aruhaya said:
Keeping in mind the reason they gave were "We don't think we will be able to reach the quality and art style of season 1" .

Producers are investing money in the project. If the project flop because it doesn't hold its ground against the previous installment, they'll lose money. A successful adaptation boost the sales of the source material, but in the opposite, a bad one might not do any good, and can even easily damage them. With, on top of that, the Light Novels nearing their end, there is absolutely no need for Kadokawa to risk anything...

In the end, Animes are merely complementary products, they are not a replacement. If you want the continuation, you have the Light Novels available.

Do you have any websites for them ? i can't understand JNovel Ui if you have enough other please do.
Mar 19, 1:20 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to Aruhaya
Alexioos95 said:
Aruhaya said:

Aruhaya said:

Do you have any websites for them ? i can't understand JNovel Ui if you have enough other please do.
@Aruhaya you can buy the LN here or on Bookwalker or Amazon digital.

https://global.bookwalker.jp/series/75673/
https://myanimelist.net/store/manga/882/No_Game_No_Life_light_novel

https://yenpress.com/series/no-game-no-life
Mar 19, 11:42 AM
Apr 2022
Yes. Impossible.
Mar 22, 9:39 PM

Feb 2014
Reply to Alexioos95
Aruhaya said:

Aruhaya said:

Alexioos95 said:
Producers are investing money in the project

NGNL figurines sell for 10-20 times more than regular and they sell even ten years later like there's no tomorrow.
Making S2 as good as S1 was for sure won't be cheap.
But, if done well, it will pay for itself.

No, really, NGNL figurines sell for $300-500 while most others can't sell even for $30.
Even dalkimakuras sell for $150-200, which is insane.
They are making tons of money even 10 years after release.
Mar 22, 9:42 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Otakupervert890
I think it's gonna rain frogs and downpour Wagyu beefs before a season 2 happen also the moon would have to turn green and send goblin to earth for a full scale invasion and then season 2 will happen made by goblins.
@Otakupervert890 your LAST warning, change your username NOW!!!!! 🤬

-𝔀𝓰𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓪𝔀𝓪𝔂

I AM THE CEO
wgallaway
Mar 22, 11:41 PM

Jan 2017
SlayerGoury said:
NGNL figurines sell for 10-20 times more than regular and they sell even ten years later like there's no tomorrow.

No, really, NGNL figurines sell for $300-500 while most others can't sell even for $30.

That's one more reason to actually not to a 2nd Season. What you are talking about is merchandising, and the producers of an Anime Season are not all the same as the ones for the merchandising.

For the ones who are not profiting from the merchandising (like AT-X), they win no money, but have to invest some in a Season, and see if it works... but if it does not ? They'll lose a lot of money, that's not really a risk worth taking for them (which is probably why we got new Blu-rays, so that they can still get a return from it).

As for those who are the same (like Kadokawa), if without touching the Anime you sell that much of merchandising on top of the Novels, why would you risk to ruin the popularity of your whole brand by making a 2nd Season potentially not at the level ? Edit : That's what happened with Star Wars and the latest trilogy... and the sales of the merchandising crumbled at around 60% of what they were with no Movies for 15+ years.

Even if the 2nd Season is as good or even better than the 1st, nothing is guaranteeing that it'll actually sell. That's a risk, and Kadokawa is in a position where they absolutely do not need it to make money, which is their prime goal.
Alexioos95Mar 22, 11:48 PM
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Mar 23, 12:10 AM

Feb 2014
Reply to Alexioos95
SlayerGoury said:

That's one more reason to actually not to a 2nd Season. What you are talking about is merchandising, and the producers of an Anime Season are not all the same as the ones for the merchandising.

For the ones who are not profiting from the merchandising (like AT-X), they win no money, but have to invest some in a Season, and see if it works... but if it does not ? They'll lose a lot of money, that's not really a risk worth taking for them (which is probably why we got new Blu-rays, so that they can still get a return from it).

As for those who are the same (like Kadokawa), if without touching the Anime you sell that much of merchandising on top of the Novels, why would you risk to ruin the popularity of your whole brand by making a 2nd Season potentially not at the level ? Edit : That's what happened with Star Wars and the latest trilogy... and the sales of the merchandising crumbled at around 60% of what they were with no Movies for 15+ years.

Even if the 2nd Season is as good or even better than the 1st, nothing is guaranteeing that it'll actually sell. That's a risk, and Kadokawa is in a position where they absolutely do not need it to make money, which is their prime goal.
@Alexioos95
Just because another company makes figurines doesn't mean that they keep all the money.
They have to pay for the right to make and sell these figurines.
Same goes for making series, it's not the studio nor the television who decides what anime to make, it's the rights holder and it is the same entity that gets all the fees and royalties for making figurines.

There sure is a huge risk to ruin this gold mine by making something bad, but there are lots of positive examples when another season was made ten years later.
To be honest, it wasn't even in the neighboring universe of quality and fun as NGNL, but the principle is clear: you have to make something that is at least as good.

Sure making something as good as S1 won't be cheap.
But my point is that it is clear that it's the right thing to do.
Bonus point is that it's a great risk anyways and we'll have to wait for the merch sales to stall before this happens.
So probably another twenty or thirty years, sadly.

What happened with the star wars was just one more indicator that executives at disney studios are complete utter morons who can't even count.
It was clear as a day that they can't do anything right and they just confirmed that one more time.

No, making something better while already being popular is the guarantee that it will sell.
This is why continuations and remakes are in such abundance and this is why rights for this stuff are selling as well as they do.
Every single time anyone does any part two that meets or exceeds expectations of a successful part one, they make a lot of money.
This is, sadly, often a factor why executives decide to make part ones as cheap as possible.
SlayerGouryMar 23, 12:14 AM

More topics from this board

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

622 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 21, 5:21 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.