Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 14, 12:34 PM
Mar 2022
Has the author or anyone from the production ever commented how terrible the adaptation is ?? They made 3 seasons , they would definitely know public review right?

Apothecary Diaries airing right now adapted 2 volumes of light novel in 24 epsiodes.
Similar for 86.

Classroom of Elite adapts 1 volume in 3-4 episodes. WHY??
Mar 14, 12:40 PM
Apr 2021
Aditya_Ranjan said:
Has the author or anyone from the production ever commented how terrible the adaptation is ?? They made 3 seasons , they would definitely know public review right?

Apothecary Diaries airing right now adapted 2 volumes of light novel in 24 epsiodes.
Similar for 86.

Probably for a bit of fun that’s why
Mar 14, 12:42 PM

Sep 2015
Most authors are happy just getting any kind of anime adaption, not matter how mediocre it is. Unfortunately, this has to be among the worst adaptions of all time. Starting from season 1 where they replaced Kei with Suzune in many scenes, solely because the producer felt like she would be more popular. Also making significant changes to Ayanokojis personality to make him seem edgy and inhumane, when in reality his intention from day 1 was to be like Hirata.

As a side note, this topic will explored extensively in season 2 of Oshi No Ko.
Mar 14, 12:43 PM

Jul 2022
Aditya_Ranjan said:

Similar for 86.

They haven't commented about the lack of quality, but indeed, the story gets too rushed and some great aspect of the light novel aren't shown in the anime adaptation.
Mar 14, 12:43 PM
Apr 2023
I think they (MAYBE) just skip all the fan service which I think the anime adaptation is missing right now
Btw I haven't read the light novel so I don't know but I just want to see more suzume
Mar 14, 12:44 PM

Jan 2017
Aditya_Ranjan said:
Classroom of Elite adapts 1 volume in 3-4 episodes.

That's the norm, to be honest.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Mar 14, 12:45 PM
Mar 2022
LemonMAL said:
Most authors are happy just getting any kind of anime adaption, not matter how mediocre it is. Unfortunately, this has to be among the worst adaptions of all time. Starting from season 1 where they replaced Kei with Suzune in many scenes, solely because the producer felt like she would be more popular. Also making significant changes to Ayanokojis personality to make him seem edgy and inhumane, when in reality his intention from day 1 was to be like Hirata.

Exactly.....I want actual story rather than watching some edge-lord.
Mar 14, 12:49 PM
Mar 2022
Jackson_rajkumar said:
I think they (MAYBE) just skip all the fan service which I think the anime adaptation is missing right now
Btw I haven't read the light novel so I don't know but I just want to see more suzume

I am not going to list everything they skipped in anime..just search on reddit COTE skipped part you will find 1000 points .

Just know
Ayanokoji definitely isnt an edge lord like shown in anime

Kei is best girl not Horikita , Kei was supposed t have a major role in Season 1 itself , thye replaced Horikita

They rushing and skipping important conversations which actually show character dynamics and development in future.. Best example is Ryuenn

Yesterday's episode they literally adpated entire exam in 1 episode...
Mar 14, 12:55 PM
Jun 2023
my favourite mc is getting bad adaptation, ,why does good novels or mangas happens it ,like OPM season 2, Tokyo goule and many more
Mar 14, 12:58 PM
Mar 2022
Alexioos95 said:
Aditya_Ranjan said:

It is the genral norm right?? but it depends on story

Like i gave example of Apothecary Diaries which is mostly conversation driven drama so it is adapting 2 volumes
Action LN can be rushed through , Mushoko Tensei adapts that perfectly , speeding and slowing when needed.
Konosuba etc..

But for COTE having like 4 classes , each class with 2-3 major leaders , 4-5 major characters , 2nd years , 3rd years , teachers ..even the principal/director is the villain

They are just showing Ayanokoji as a edge lord and skipping important conversations of other characters that greatly show character dynamics/development
Mar 14, 1:01 PM
Mar 2022
_otaku_man00 said:
my favourite mc is getting bad adaptation, ,why does good novels or mangas happens it ,like OPM season 2, Tokyo goule and many more

Believe me OPM season 2 wasnt even that bad ....

compared to that
Tokyo Ghoul season 2 onwards will be terrible
and COTE anime adaptation will be a disaster...
Mar 14, 1:13 PM

Jan 2017
Aditya_Ranjan said:
They are [...] skipping important conversations of other characters that greatly show character dynamics/development

That's the case for all adaptions of Novels, tho.

It's hard to transform a scene from a Novel to a media relaying on visuals, especially for scenes heavy on dialogues and descriptions. That's one of the major reasons as to why 90% of Animes and Mangas adapted from Novels straight up sucks, adaptation-wise. The director has to makes choices in what to keep, and what to delete... and if he makes wrong choices, everything can crumble. The same can be said about Live-Action Movies, by the way.

I didn't read the Light Novel of COTE yet, but of what i've read from other users, the amount of content skipped still seems right. It's far from the disaster everyone puts it out to be, and it flows nicely as Anime-only. If you want to see a true disaster of cut-content, the Donghua of the Chinese Novel Quan Zhi Gao Shou literally cuts more than half of the books. (And even then, the story flow very nicely.)
Alexioos95Mar 14, 1:16 PM
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Mar 14, 1:25 PM

Nov 2021
Alexioos95 said:
Aditya_Ranjan said:
They are [...] skipping important conversations of other characters that greatly show character dynamics/development

It's hard to transform a scene from a Novel to a media relaying on visuals, especially for scenes heavy on dialogues and descriptions. That's one of the major reasons as to why 90% of Animes and Mangas adapted from Novels straight up sucks, adaptation-wise. The director has to makes choices in what to keep, and what to delete... and if he makes wrong choices, everything can crumble. The same can be said about Live-Action Movies, by the way.

I didn't read the Light Novel of COTE yet, but of what i've read from other users, the amount of content skipped still seems right. It's far from the disaster everyone puts it out to be, and it flows nicely as Anime-only. If you want to see a true disaster of cut-content, the Donghua of the Chinese Novel Quan Zhi Gao Shou literally cuts more than half of the books. (And even then, the story flow very nicely.)

Yeah I agree.
They did make some mistakes in s1 but I would say s2 and s3 were alright.
People make it out to be a terrible adaptation and all but I'm just glad they're making an adaptation for it as it's a good story overall.

I'd even say some of the episodes in between s2 and some in s3 were adapted stuff quite nicely from what I saw on reviews of those episodes on youtube (haven't read the ln so).

Imo this anime considering its nature and the setting has to remain somewhat fast paced. If they start showing all the inner monologue and stuff like then, a lot of people I'd reckon wouldn't enjoy it that much.
Mar 14, 1:52 PM
Dec 2019
Saphhh said:
Alexioos95 said:

Yeah I agree.
People make it out to be a terrible adaptation and all but I'm just glad they're making an adaptation for it as it's a good story overall.

I'd even say some of the episodes in between s2 and some in s3 were adapted stuff quite nicely from what I saw on reviews of those episodes on youtube (haven't read the ln so).

Imo this anime considering its nature and the setting has to remain somewhat fast paced. If they start showing all the inner monologue and stuff like then, a lot of people I'd reckon wouldn't enjoy it that much.

For fuck sakes, I thought I was alone in this train of thought. I’ve read the manga and light novel, and of course I’m watching the anime, which is among my top 3 anime of all time. They don’t adapt everything but what they do adapt is phenomenal to say the least.
Mar 14, 2:07 PM
Mar 2021
Alexioos95 said:
Aditya_Ranjan said:

It depends on the type of story. As he said Apothecary Diaries does 2 volumes in 24 episodes and Eighty-six 3 in 23 episodes and neither feels slow. The norm of 4 episodes per volume is fine depending on what kind of story it is and how the adaptation is handled. For example that's the pace of the first season of Mushoku Tensei which is an excellent adaptation but still leaves a lot of story and worldbuilding out and the second season keeps the same pace but is a bad adaptation as it fails to depict the thoughts and emotions of its characters, something that is even worse in the COTE adaptation.
Mar 14, 2:09 PM

Apr 2021
INTJ_Ren said:
Saphhh said:

Yeah I agree.

For fuck sakes, I thought I was alone in this train of thought. I’ve read the manga and light novel, and of course I’m watching the anime, which is among my top 3 anime of all time. They don’t adapt everything but what they do adapt is phenomenal to say the least.

Thank you , it’s always nice to hear when written material readers approve of an anime.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Mar 14, 2:16 PM

Nov 2021
INTJ_Ren said:
Saphhh said:

Yeah I agree.

Work with what you have and make the best of it 💪
Mar 14, 2:33 PM
Oct 2021
LemonMAL said:

wait what? Ayanokoyi is trying to be like hirata?
Mar 14, 3:16 PM

Jan 2017
Loayza said:
It depends on the type of story. As he said Apothecary Diaries does 2 volumes in 24 episodes and Eighty-six 3 in 23 episodes and neither feels slow.

They both are considered to be moderately slow-paced, tho. It play a huge role in the ambiance and mystery/suspense element of The Apothecary Diaries, so it's a good thing, in my opinion. 86 had those slow and long dialogues of exposition, which were criticized, tho.

Loayza said:
For example that's the pace of the first season of Mushoku Tensei which is an excellent adaptation but still leaves a lot of story and worldbuilding out and the second season keeps the same pace but is a bad adaptation as it fails to depict the thoughts and emotions of its characters, something that is even worse in the COTE adaptation.

I didn't watched the Animes of Mushoku Tensei, so i can't really talk about it.

As for COTE, all characters have clear motivations, with apparent thoughts and emotions. Their psyche is obviously not as developed as i guess it is in the Novels, but it's more than enough to follow the overall story on a surface-level; there is no real need to go in-depth. Sure, everything would be better if they did, but the adaptations of COTE are not meant to be like that, and looking at how the Anime is doing good enough to warrant them risking money on Sequels, it seems to please both the producers and the (Japanese) fans. If you want the in-depth story... well, you have the Novels, after all.

Edit : In the end, near all Japanese adaptations are bonuses to the source material, they are not made to replace it, but to accompany it. That's why they are said to be "giant ads".
Alexioos95Mar 14, 3:20 PM
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Mar 14, 5:45 PM
Jul 2022
Jackson_rajkumar said:

Kinda maybe spoiler idk

This is most frequently of Suzune your gonna see she’s there and important still but doesn’t make as frequent appearances and does her own thing. Just evolves as a person later.
Mar 14, 5:48 PM
Jul 2022
Aditya_Ranjan said:
Jackson_rajkumar said:

I am not going to list everything they skipped in anime..just search on reddit COTE skipped part you will find 1000 points .

Just know
Ayanokoji definitely isnt an edge lord like shown in anime

Kei is best girl not Horikita , Kei was supposed t have a major role in Season 1 itself , thye replaced Horikita

They rushing and skipping important conversations which actually show character dynamics and development in future.. Best example is Ryuenn

Yesterday's episode they literally adpated entire exam in 1 episode...

Yeah that was realllly bad. Replace/ does something’s. Spoiler for ln for up to anime

It was actually hinted she might of interacted with ayano in that scene and wasn’t just spectating. Might of even played a match against him. Hinted not confirmed to prove her dominance in the place.

Which was redone and murdered.
Mar 14, 5:51 PM
Jul 2022
ASAPSHARAD said:
LemonMAL said:

wait what? Ayanokoyi is trying to be like hirata?

In first couple of volumes he was trying to be a normal high school kid be popular and have friends. The moment they mention introductions he tries to think of something to do to stand out and makes friends then fails. He lies to the audience a lot then gives up later since it’s to much work to try to be normal. Most of this happens in volume 1. Aka ep 1.
Mar 14, 6:14 PM
Nov 2020
he said he was happy it got an adaptation at the time in one of the volumes
but i dont think he gave an opinion abt the quality
Mar 14, 7:09 PM
Mar 2022
INTJ_Ren said:
Saphhh said:

Yeah I agree.

You were sleeping while reading the Light Novel, weren't you?
Mar 14, 10:47 PM
Dec 2022
LemonMAL said:

oshi no ko part is real
Mar 14, 10:50 PM
Jan 2023
The author has probably made a ton of money on generally well-received anime exposure.
Mar 14, 11:01 PM
Dec 2019
AltN said:
INTJ_Ren said:

You were sleeping while reading the Light Novel, weren't you?

Uhh…..last I checked no? If i was, why would it matter to you? You must’ve zoned out when reading what I typed.
Mar 15, 12:40 AM
Aug 2021
You're baiting, right. You have to be, I fucking love this anime same as so many, how in God's green earth would you think it is bad
Mar 15, 12:47 AM
Mar 2022
CursedRage said:
You're baiting, right. You have to be, I fucking love this anime same as so many, how in God's green earth would you think it is bad

If you think anime is good ... go read LN or atleast serach what actually happens in it on reddit

Anime is literally 3/10 compared to LN.

Ayanokoji isnt what he is shown , same for like 90% of cast.

Just search on reddit why people hate it...
Mar 15, 12:55 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to Aditya_Ranjan
CursedRage said:

If you think anime is good ... go read LN or atleast serach what actually happens in it on reddit

Anime is literally 3/10 compared to LN.

Ayanokoji isnt what he is shown , same for like 90% of cast.

Just search on reddit why people hate it...
@Aditya_Ranjan I genuinely and in full honesty do not give a flying fuck. I like this classroom of the elite the best, and so do many others hence why is has over an 8 for score. I will keep watching it and loving it, and don't give a fuck what you pretentious douche bags think. It doesn't have to be an exact adaptation for it to be great and it can only take inspiration but it is still better IMO
Mar 15, 1:17 AM
Mar 2022
CursedRage said:
@Aditya_Ranjan I genuinely and in full honesty do not give a flying fuck. I like this classroom of the elite the best, and so do many others hence why is has over an 8 for score. I will keep watching it and loving it, and don't give a fuck what you pretentious douche bags think. It doesn't have to be an exact adaptation for it to be great and it can only take inspiration but it is still better IMO

No ones stopping you from loving the anime...check my list ,I have rated all 3 seasons 9/10..I clearly said compared to LN which clearly has (BETTER CONVERSATIONS, BETTER DEVELOPMENTS , NOT RUSHED LIKE YESTERDAY'S EPISODE covering entire exam in 1 episode *in LN each game was shown with proper character conversations focusing on relationships within the class Kei , Sudou , Horikita , Koenji , specs guy etc. *)

LN is a better story with more detailed growth of all cast not only Ayanokoji alone.

Also according to your logic Promised Neverland Season 2 , Tokyo Ghoul Season 2 onwards should all be considered a masterpiece cause they created their own stories...("took inspiration for the original work")

This thread topic is clearly about anime adaptation and thats terrible.

If you still love the story and want to explore more without reading LN , there is a guy on reddit who posts each LN summary ,search that ..you will love the story and characters more .

Lastly ending with - you saw only 30% of story and consider it good without even giving the rest a chance...there is a reason why COTE name is the top one that pops up when you google worst LN adaptations.
Mar 15, 8:45 AM
Mar 2021
First of all the author and Japanese audience are completely fine with how they are adapting it. They love each and every episode, despite reading LN. The only problem with is international readers or global readers, who just can't forget that you have to adapt it perfectly, then only we will support. If the toxic of anime is coming from then it's all Global readers, as Japanese fans aren't toxic like that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

212 by PanditaMimilona »»
Sep 16, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20

143 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 9, 4:45 PM

» Not just bout this anime.

Avamarie316 - Sep 5

14 by DragyG »»
Sep 6, 7:17 AM

» 4th season announced ( 1 2 )

Dbagas8 - Aug 31

59 by Insane_0_2 »»
Sep 3, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13

143 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 2, 10:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.