Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

jc staff got 14 anime works this year while mappa averages 5 anime per year so huge red flag

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 2, 9:23 PM
Nov 2021
JC staff can do it because it's not like someone is forcing them to animate this many anime. I think JC staff is bigger company or has more workforce, so they can pull it off. There shouldn't be any degrade in quality imo.
Mar 2, 11:07 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to Daredevil_007
JC staff can do it because it's not like someone is forcing them to animate this many anime. I think JC staff is bigger company or has more workforce, so they can pull it off. There shouldn't be any degrade in quality imo.
@Daredevil_007
241 employees https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J.C.Staff
Number of employees 360 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAPPA
Mar 2, 11:19 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to Anime_Skaddiel
Otakupervert890 said:
Water is wet next try for bait. Both do to much work anyway so it's not like one is better than the other it's just the lesser evil.

What kind of nonsense are you saying here?
@Anime_Skaddiel it's just a translated analogy from where I am normally it's said in french to have more impact but since majority of MAL is English I won't start using french.
Mar 2, 11:46 PM
Jul 2021
Daredevil_007 said:

Oh you poor innocent child
Mar 3, 6:00 AM
Dec 2020
We all know what J.C. Staff did with OPM season 2 so be prepared. (Madhouse should have picked OPM)
Mar 3, 8:38 AM
Mar 2019
Reply to Daredevil_007
@Daredevil_007 We are not forcing you, go draw a piece like the mona lisa now, see if you can do it without any time constraint.
Mar 3, 4:51 PM
Feb 2016
Mappa is one of the worst studios ever. I'm really sorry they got some good animes to make
Mar 4, 6:25 AM
Aug 2021
UnfunnyKing said:
deg said:
@UnfunnyKing the 2 examples are a downgrade in quality youre in denial if they are even an improvement over the previous seasons

An even if they are a slight downgrade they were still great overall, like One Punch could be. You’re grasping at straws by this point tryna make me look worse 😂

Stop lying to yourself, one punch man season 2 looked like shit, it wasn’t a “slight downgrade”. The animation was ugly and slow and the new character designs looked like shit. One Punch Man is one of if not THEE most popular fast paced action series with fighting throughout basically every chapter/episode, settling for a mediocre studio with the manga notorious for having one of the most gorgeous art in the manga industry is an massive insult. The absolute least they can do for a manga this exceptional is animate it properly, but they fail to do that while also making the art look like shit in the process
NugdudMar 4, 6:30 AM
Mar 4, 11:14 AM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
i find it funny how mappa studio lives rent free inside some of yalls heads why yall stressing so much smh there are other better studios rather than mappa plus it all comes down to the management and talent of the people, this is about jc staff but lots of people brining mappa into the convo madness

Mar 4, 4:38 PM
Jan 2024
Still I am happy that i will see OPM S3 before my children .
Mar 4, 5:52 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to IhnalakoKaina
Because that is the only metric to gauge how much work is put into a show... nevermind budget, hours worked on it, whether the personnel did simultaneous work on ther proyects...

I'm sure the doomposting will go on until this shit releases, as it has this last week, so before I head out and delete this shit from my list until I actually watch it, I wanted to let you all know to get a fucking life which does not hinge on making the same post a hundred other sad bastards have already made over the possibility that an anime show might not look as good as you pictured. Seek God, a girlfriend or some other more meaningful shit pls for your own good.
@IhnalakoKaina Budget for animation is low. Animators are underpaid and overworked, so the issue was never budget, but how the studio and director can handle the project by calling talented people and some freelancers. Vinland Saga S1 didn't have a good budget but still, they pulled it off.
Mar 4, 8:37 PM
Mar 2016
I'm not happy when watching Eden Zero. The fighting scene is crap. don't feel any climax during the shodown with the big boss. too average animation.
Mar 5, 3:03 AM

Apr 2018
It doesn't matter how many anime they work on as long as they have enough staff and time.
Mar 5, 3:07 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Hachii13
It doesn't matter how many anime they work on as long as they have enough staff and time.
@Hachii13 that is the point if one punch man 3 airs this year then they do not have enough time plus mappa has more employees than jc staff for example
Mar 5, 4:05 AM

Apr 2018
Reply to deg
@Hachii13 that is the point if one punch man 3 airs this year then they do not have enough time plus mappa has more employees than jc staff for example
@deg Even if it will be really air this year, do you know when the production started? Also, who gave you the exact number of the J.C Staff's current employees? the number of employees constantly changes according to the need.
Mar 5, 4:22 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Hachii13
@deg Even if it will be really air this year, do you know when the production started? Also, who gave you the exact number of the J.C Staff's current employees? the number of employees constantly changes according to the need.
@Hachii13 jc staff does not specialize in action anime plus there is animator shortage crisis and i mean talented animators shortage
degMar 5, 6:14 AM
Mar 5, 6:12 AM
Jul 2023
I have faith in JC staff. It's already confirmed that the production started a while back in August 2022. The special announcement PV is just a content for starving OPM fan for the updates that the production is still ongoing.
Mar 5, 6:15 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to HeroforFun23
I have faith in JC staff. It's already confirmed that the production started a while back in August 2022. The special announcement PV is just a content for starving OPM fan for the updates that the production is still ongoing.
@HeroforFun23 confirmed started in august 2022? source?
Mar 5, 7:35 AM

Apr 2018
Reply to HeroforFun23
@HeroforFun23 Aug 2022 is the anime's announcement date, not the start of production.
Mar 5, 4:40 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to Hachii13
@HeroforFun23 Aug 2022 is the anime's announcement date, not the start of production.
@Hachii13 "https://onepunchman-anime.net/news/archives/4367" really?. Read again
HeroforFun23Mar 5, 4:44 PM
Mar 5, 6:35 PM
Feb 2021
The problem with MAPPA that JC doesn’t have is that MAPPA strives for extremely good quality for every show (even though some don’t receive any like Hells Paradise) while JC only strives for that kind of quality of certain projects and lets the rest be of average quality
Mar 16, 4:38 PM

Feb 2010
what J.C staff had a bad habbit of biting off more then it can chew? no way?!
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Mar 16, 4:44 PM

Apr 2020
So what?
Kyoto Ani and Ufotable ALWAYS did less projects than everybody else. That by itself doesn't mean anything.
These aren't facts.

Some easy questions for you:

-How many people even work at JC Staff?

-What's the average workload for this company?

-How much of the work is outsourced/shared with other people in the industry?

I don't know. And, guess what - you don't know either.
You don't need to act out your dream of beeing a journalist, on here.
You're just a dude who likes Anime. You don't have anything meaningful or interesting to add to the conversation.
THAT IS FINE^^ Deg, my boy, IT'S FINE!
Merve2LoveMar 16, 4:58 PM
Mar 16, 7:06 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Merve2Love
So what?
Kyoto Ani and Ufotable ALWAYS did less projects than everybody else. That by itself doesn't mean anything.
These aren't facts.

Some easy questions for you:

-What's the average workload for this company?

-How much of the work is outsourced/shared with other people in the industry?

I don't know. And, guess what - you don't know either.
You don't need to act out your dream of beeing a journalist, on here.
You're just a dude who likes Anime. You don't have anything meaningful or interesting to add to the conversation.
THAT IS FINE^^ Deg, my boy, IT'S FINE!
Merve2Love said:

Per their site, 235, with 190 of them being full-time employees.

Merve2Love said:
What's the average workload for this company?

Generally too much for a studio of that size. They made 13 productions in 2017 and 2018, for example.

Mar 16, 7:12 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Oongbuh
Merve2Love said:

Per their site, 235, with 190 of them being full-time employees.

Merve2Love said:
What's the average workload for this company?

Generally too much for a studio of that size. They made 13 productions in 2017 and 2018, for example.

@Oongbuh

2/3. Thanks.

Although Im not sure if your second point really is a fact.
2017 was a long time ago and we still don't really know which particular ID has which particular effect on the studios production, in the end^^

Appreaciate the effort.
Mar 18, 9:44 AM

Feb 2010
Reply to Merve2Love
@Oongbuh

2/3. Thanks.

Although Im not sure if your second point really is a fact.
2017 was a long time ago and we still don't really know which particular ID has which particular effect on the studios production, in the end^^

Appreaciate the effort.
@Merve2Love there's also the fact that JC staff have a reputation of ruining adaptation especially 3rd seasons.

Date a live season 3 was a disaster same with shakugan no shana season 3 and the less said about how badly rushed toaru majutsu no index season 3 was the better.

Outside that you only have to look at the rushed adaptation of Tsukimichi: Moonlit Fantasy Season 2 to see that their quality control has NOT improved.

They have learned nothing about the importance of keeping content and context. Moonlit fantasy anime already skipped two major arcs.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Mar 18, 10:52 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to GrimAtrament
@Merve2Love there's also the fact that JC staff have a reputation of ruining adaptation especially 3rd seasons.

Date a live season 3 was a disaster same with shakugan no shana season 3 and the less said about how badly rushed toaru majutsu no index season 3 was the better.

Outside that you only have to look at the rushed adaptation of Tsukimichi: Moonlit Fantasy Season 2 to see that their quality control has NOT improved.

They have learned nothing about the importance of keeping content and context. Moonlit fantasy anime already skipped two major arcs.
GrimAtrament said:

Tsukimichi has the near the same exact staff as S1, specially in regards to director and series compositon, the two biggest roles when it comes to general pacing, so there's really not a point to pin this kind of problem as a result of J.C. Staff change.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» THIRD HERO VISUAL (GENOS)

OvergrownRover - Yesterday

13 by asherkolars »»
3 hours ago

» Did OPM S1 Sell bad? Why did they lower their quality

Ssjbryando - Mar 7

17 by deg »»
11 hours ago

» God-level animations?

Leon888 - Apr 18

15 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 1, 11:29 PM

» Season 3 Director

BLACKANGER - Feb 29

19 by gamibo »»
Apr 14, 1:31 AM

» New Hero Visual (KING)

OvergrownRover - Apr 5

10 by garry001 »»
Apr 7, 12:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.