Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 23, 8:58 AM

Nov 2021
I heard somewhere that the ln has 40 students per classroom but the anime has only like 20-25 from what I seen.

So I was wondering that due to this which seems to be a big change, won't it create a problem for a class activity or something like that in the future? Or is it that the characters which have been removed aren't of importance and are only just there for sake of being there ?
Feb 23, 9:25 AM
Nov 2018
In the LN, they said 40 in each classroom. For the anime, they changed it to 25 per class. I think there really isn't any change with missing 15 students per class. It won't make any difference in class activity since the extra students are not mentioned to begin with. They just have to adjust the numbers of the groups, that's it.
MoppitFeb 23, 9:53 AM
Feb 23, 10:01 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Moppit
In the LN, they said 40 in each classroom. For the anime, they changed it to 25 per class. I think there really isn't any change with missing 15 students per class. It won't make any difference in class activity since the extra students are not mentioned to begin with. They just have to adjust the numbers of the groups, that's it.
@Moppit it will have a lot of impact in Year 2 Vol 4. For reference, this is not a spoiler.

Fall 2022 is the most Unforgettable anime season of all time

Feb 23, 10:05 AM
Nov 2018
@Ciezul I have read up to volume 8 of year 2. It's been a while since I read it, but I didn't feel like there was anything missing. You can have all the numbers of students you want. If they are only highlighting the main characters. The rest of what is going on doesn't really matter.
MoppitFeb 23, 10:27 AM
Feb 23, 12:54 PM

May 2021
I don't think it matters.

If you read the LN, you would immediatly recognize the majority of the people in the anime's 25 ppl classroom, because are NAMED CHARACTERS, and not some random filler character. In the LN, not all 40 characters in each class have a name, and only about 10-15 characters are actually relevant in each class. In Ayano's class for example, although there are 25 people, I can recognize most people because they had their apperance in the LN. This is a lot better than having random characters.

Thats why 25 is just a good number for the anime.
Feb 23, 10:33 PM
Apr 2023
Dunbar’s Limit is the maximum number of friends you can maintain. It says you can only have 150 ongoing friendships before your brain erupts.

In the LN there would be 160 individuals in their first year. Thus, Kushida’s promise to befriend each and every one of them is humanly unrealistic.

The anime makes it possible to achieve. Only 100 first years. Kushida should be able to befriend them all in no time.

This is why I think the Anime is more accurate than the LN 🥸
Feb 23, 10:37 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Zimmu
I don't think it matters.

If you read the LN, you would immediatly recognize the majority of the people in the anime's 25 ppl classroom, because are NAMED CHARACTERS, and not some random filler character. In the LN, not all 40 characters in each class have a name, and only about 10-15 characters are actually relevant in each class. In Ayano's class for example, although there are 25 people, I can recognize most people because they had their apperance in the LN. This is a lot better than having random characters.

Thats why 25 is just a good number for the anime.
@Zimmu Your points are valid ofc. For me though, just imagine the result of Year 2 Vol 4. I think that will be scary.

Feb 24, 3:28 AM
May 2023
Saphhh said:
I heard somewhere that the ln has 40 students per classroom but the anime has only like 20-25 from what I seen.

So I was wondering that due to this which seems to be a big change, won't it create a problem for a class activity or something like that in the future? Or is it that the characters which have been removed aren't of importance and are only just there for sake of being there ?

Not necessarily, they just need to adjust the numbers for upcoming special tests. Like for example in season 2, in the light novel, the special exam on the ship, the groups were named according to the Chinese zodiac signs (of which there are twelve, also hence the reason koenji called ryuuen “dragon boy” cuz he was in the dragon group), instead of the 8 planets like they did in the anime

160 (40 x 4) and 100 (25 x 4) for the total number of students per year are relatively easy numbers to work around, so i dont think itll reallly be a problem
Feb 24, 3:47 AM

May 2021
Reply to Ciezul
@Zimmu Your points are valid ofc. For me though, just imagine the result of Year 2 Vol 4. I think that will be scary.
@Ciezul
Can you remind me again the results of Y2V4? I read it a long time ago and only remember it being a
Feb 24, 10:13 AM
Jun 2020
Dabbingpotato said:
Saphhh said:

Not necessarily, they just need to adjust the numbers for upcoming special tests. Like for example in season 2, in the light novel, the special exam on the ship, the groups were named according to the Chinese zodiac signs (of which there are twelve, also hence the reason koenji called ryuuen “dragon boy” cuz he was in the dragon group), instead of the 8 planets like they did in the anime

160 (40 x 4) and 100 (25 x 4) for the total number of students per year are relatively easy numbers to work around, so i dont think itll reallly be a problem

"Ryu" in japanese also means dragon
Feb 24, 10:19 AM
May 2023
azeroheartsu said:
Dabbingpotato said:

"Ryu" in japanese also means dragon

Oh yh, didnt clock that
Mar 9, 7:08 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Zimmu
@Ciezul
Can you remind me again the results of Y2V4? I read it a long time ago and only remember it being a
@Zimmu If you want to know the results of Y2V4, don't click if you wanna revisit it with the anime:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

212 by PanditaMimilona »»
Sep 16, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20

143 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 9, 4:45 PM

» Not just bout this anime.

Avamarie316 - Sep 5

14 by DragyG »»
Sep 6, 7:17 AM

» 4th season announced ( 1 2 )

Dbagas8 - Aug 31

59 by Insane_0_2 »»
Sep 3, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13

143 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 2, 10:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.