Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 21, 11:04 PM

Mar 2018
Update Mar 2:
My sincere apologies that it took this long but MAL-Badges is back online! It took this long because we had to transfer TBs of data and we only missed 9 hours of data. Thanks to a friend of mine that helped out and started the back-up process.

Lessons Learnt:
As mentioned before, I will soon terminate the contract that is currently in place for the server as I was not amused with the RCA & support and co-locate another server with better specs to The Netherlands. 2 people I know for 10+ years will receive a physical keycard so they can get to the server in case of emergency (BREAKGLASS) when I'm outside the country.

Development is Slow:
While I don't think I owe any explanation as the service is free, no ads and so on, I still want to touch upon this topic. I had my hands full on:
- Private life when it comes to health (which affected everything; modding & projects)
- The Moderator position on MAL; Answering helpdesk tickets, training potentional kouhais, report queue etc... I appreciate all of the staff and also for their understanding.
- My daily job in itself.
- ...other things that don't need to be disclosed, I was barely on Discord & MAL and I'm in no need of any sympathy.

And now?
Some weeks ago, I saw comments that Amadeus took way too long to restart itself after failure so released a fix for that and slowly wanted to pick-up things again and then all of this happened. Give me a little bit to fix all of the websites and data so I can slowly continue things.

As for the locked comments & threads: The comment section and threads were locked and a Current Status thread was posted to avoid any misunderstandings that the project was stopped. All of them are open again.

As for the code itself: Even if something happens to me, 2 friends of mine have full access to the code and data with BREAKGLASS accounts. It will remain closed-source (especially how the server is set up) and in case anything happens, it can always be set to open-source.

As for tasks: I have never nor will I ever task anyone to do anything for MAL-Badges.

As I'm currently in Japan, I will have to take a plane to Germany to check and fix/re-install the server as the DC/Host of the server did a massive f*ck-up. It will be online at one point, but just give it some time.

Update Feb 25:
Landed in Germany. Received RCA from DC and not happy with that. A friend already started to backup everything so I can finish that up and re-install it.

Future: Once everything is up-and-running again, I will remotely prepare a second server (colocate) in The Netherlands with better hardware and more configuration possibilities as I have told the current DC I want to leave them. So the website will have another downtime in the future for 1-2 days (DNS) but will be communicated.
Koito91Mar 3, 5:52 AM

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Support ( 1 2 3 4 )

Koito91 - Dec 9, 2022

188 by YuraItsuki »»
Apr 19, 7:23 AM

Sticky: » Suggestions ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Koito91 - Dec 13, 2022

204 by _cjessop19_ »»
Mar 29, 2:26 AM

» Lost/Inaccessible Media taskforce

_cjessop19_ - Jul 18, 2023

18 by IridescentJaune »»
Jul 29, 2023 9:45 PM

» Badges for specific shows considered harmful

inim - Dec 25, 2022

4 by Zevven »»
Jul 8, 2023 2:58 AM

» [REMOVED] MB homepage logo taskforce

_cjessop19_ - Mar 6, 2023

32 by Kreidirk »»
Jun 16, 2023 4:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.