Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 26, 2010 5:44 PM

Jul 2008
I play the Wii to play my old Gamecube games. Occasionally, I'll get something like SSMB, Muramasa, or Fire Emblem to dust off the Wii, but I haven't bought a new game for it for at least a year, minimum.

The next time I'll dust off my Wii is likely when Lost in Shadow is released. So it'll be several months from now.
Jul 26, 2010 10:09 PM

Aug 2009
I play my 360 and PS3 way more, but I personally feel that the Wii is not a bad console at all. It's definitely not in the same category as the 360 or PS3, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have any amazing games. I own the first No More Heroes and No More Heroes 2, and they are awesome games for the Wii. The combined version of Resident Evil 4 also came out quite nicely with the Wii controls.

I enjoyed Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy a lot. I always hear people say that the Wii is garbage, but that's not true. Most likely the people that are saying that haven't played any good games for the Wii. If they have, I guarantee that their opinions would change. Unless, they just don't exactly like the idea of the 'waggle' with the Wiimote.
Jul 26, 2010 10:22 PM

Apr 2008
I like the Wii but I hardly ever use it anymore. I like how I can play GameCube games on it since I've never had a GameCube but when it comes to the Wii games, theirs just not many out there that I want to play. Hopefully that will change by next year with the new Zelda and DKC games that are coming out.

Jul 27, 2010 9:16 AM
Jul 2010
While I've shown a lot more love for my PS3, I love my Wii just the shame. The game selection really isn't the best, but honestly, No More Heroes 2 and the latest Mario games are all I really need to keep me coming back right now.

Plus, we'll be getting another Donkey Kong Country coming up here. Can't wait for that!
Jul 27, 2010 2:58 PM

May 2010
I don't like the Wii due to several factors.
1. Most of the games suck, and there are only about six that interest me.
2. Not HD capable
3. Overuse of the "wii" phrase "wiifit" ,"wiiplay". whats next? "WiiWii", "Wiiener"?
I don't think I will buy one(unless I get one for free) and i don't have much interest in motion control games. I'm sticking to my PS3
Jul 27, 2010 3:17 PM

Apr 2008
Now i dont really mind graphics but... There is a seriously lack of good games on the wii.
Jul 27, 2010 3:22 PM

Dec 2009
Pisses me off.

Aug 6, 2010 4:03 AM

Jan 2008
WTF?
The arguments here are...lacking.
People don't like motion controls? A lot of games have options not to use the motion, or dont even have the option of motion. IF they do it isn't much (about the same as what you may do when you're getting into it anyway, turning the remote to the side etc.) The games that do rely on it? Don't play them then, you can stick to the same thing you always play, that sounds fun.

Most of the games are bad? really? What games have you looked at, sports? I've played a lot of wii games, so I know for a -fact- that there are games that interest me and I enjoy. I've hardly played any PS3 or 360 games, so I don't comment on their variety, since that would be retarded. I hope the ones making these comments have actually tried playing more than wii sports on the wii, and aren't basing this on the cover or a trailer. Or what their cool friend says :/

People who say the wii sucks can't handle another console selling more (by how much? millions?) than their favourite console. So they put it down to it being a 'party' or 'casual' console, because they are hardcore and badass, and rate games entirely on graphics and how cool a character looks when they're running slow motion into a room shooting a gun.

Actually though, can someone tell me why motion controls are bad? They've done pretty well for nintendo really. The leap from gamecube sales to wii sales is huge, and it's pretty much the motion control that's given them that. And how they've used it. So whether people here think it sucks or not (enough to write an argument in a forum, ooh), the sales speak more than any of the arguments here. Obviously popularity doesn't make something good, but in terms of business it's the goal. Wii is outselling the other consoles, deal with it and stick to your final fantasy's/halo's etc. instead of making weak arguments about why it sucks because you're so damn defensive about what you're used to.

It's really depressing for me to come on this forum and see the majority of arguments being all the same, without being backed up by anything.

/rant
phereiaAug 6, 2010 4:15 AM
Aug 6, 2010 4:39 AM

Nov 2009
I enjoyed playing the Zelda game, I haven't beaten it though, I am too lazy to play single play games. I don't care too much for some of the games on the system, but it is the same for the other systems as well.

I love playing Brawl though, it's such a fun game :P However, I use the gamecube controllers. Wii is a good system to play with friends, at least for me.
Dec 13, 2010 9:40 AM
Jul 2008
wii is the greatest
Dec 13, 2010 10:15 AM

Feb 2009
Personally, I love the wii. But then again, I'm not into hardcore gaming or anything, just a few fun things every once in a while.
Dec 13, 2010 11:14 AM
Feb 2010
phereia said:
Actually though, can someone tell me why motion controls are bad?

TL;DR: Controls that aren't responsive or precise take away from the enjoyment of the game.
Dec 13, 2010 3:39 PM

May 2010
well it has the virtual console so im happy about that.
Dec 13, 2010 4:03 PM

Aug 2010
I personally don't mind graphics.
But when I want a good game, realism is a plus. So...
The Wii usually does not come up high in my expectations.

And the variety the games is low.
The games that "try" to be different are usually crap.
And it's almost a RULE that if it's on the Wii, it HAS to use motion control.
Which is kind of annoying when you have a game that doesn't necessarily need them.

So yeah.
TL;DR : I don't like the Wii.
Dec 13, 2010 4:44 PM

Mar 2010
I don't really like it at all...I played 1 other game on it than Wii-sports and I thought it was horrible. (played it at my friends house when it first came out) the wii-remote thing would be fine as a secondary controller for certain games but it makes a horrible main controller for a system.
Like many have said, it makes a great party system but a terrible system for anything else.

Dec 13, 2010 4:51 PM
Jun 2010
Stillmatic said:
I'm just wondering what do people think of this console. Well it's aiming towards causal gamer and people who never play games. It's not,for me personality I don't like motion control and,causal gaming is not for me. I find it amazing the wii sales went up so high due to the fact it's not HD, used old hardware. Well what is your opinion?

The Wii is another in Nintendo's long list of terrible ideas.
Dec 13, 2010 6:14 PM

Jun 2009
aak88 said:
Stillmatic said:
I'm just wondering what do people think of this console. Well it's aiming towards causal gamer and people who never play games. It's not,for me personality I don't like motion control and,causal gaming is not for me. I find it amazing the wii sales went up so high due to the fact it's not HD, used old hardware. Well what is your opinion?

The Wii is another in Nintendo's long list of terrible ideas.
Oh no, it was a great idea. It just failed horribly. Personally, I blame the developers for making abysmal use of the controller. Nintendo is not without fault either, though.

NS_Arcane said:
And Mario Kart Wii. 9 times out of 10, who wins a race online (don't say "hackers" or "Funky Kong x Flame Runner")? The people using a GCN controller.
Or anything other than the Wii Wheel. God that thing is awful. I use the Wiimote+Nunchuck. And I win races, believe me.

All in all, I consider the Wii a great concept that failed utterly in execution. It's not precise enough (Wii-Motion Plus supposedly corrects this, but I haven't tried it), and developers refuse to take it seriously enough to make decent use of the feature. It's a real shame, I think. I had such high hopes for it before it was released, and it has done nothing but disappoint. There's a few good games here and there, but it's been overwhelmingly a failure.
Dec 14, 2010 10:01 AM
Jun 2010
Nintendo had already tried motion control before the Wii and it was terrible then, and terrible now.
Dec 14, 2010 5:38 PM

Jul 2008
I bought a Wii so I could play Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn.

Now I use it mostly to play my Gamecube games.
Dec 14, 2010 5:56 PM

Jan 2010
Scammed, or I'm just a sucker for hype.

I don't hate it, I just feel like it's a waste of money right now.
Dec 16, 2010 12:45 PM

Feb 2009
I love it and hate it. There is not in-between with me and game consoles. I love the way it's easier to play shooting games cause they seem more like your aiming but I hate it because the graphic are so crap. I mean if I wanted horrible graphics on a game I'd play on my PS1 for an hour. I find it's only use it is to download retro games from the internet and play them on there. It's great for retro gamers and people who like really old games but for me it's about gaming in HD.
Dec 18, 2010 4:06 AM
Nov 2007
I'm satisfied with the Wii. I don't see how it could piss people off or feel "hate" towards it.

This year alone I played a lot of games on it. Galaxy 2, DKCR, Metroid: OM, etc. Yes, they're mostly Nintendo games, but why else would you buy a Nintendo console for? lol
Dec 18, 2010 11:19 AM

May 2009
The wii is underrated like hell, it gets an bad reputation because of the crappy casual games.

But the wii has a lot of good exlusives.
Zelda
Super Mario Galaxy
Zelda the skyward sword
Monster hunter tri is LOVE
Kirby Epic Yarn
Epic Mickey
Donkey Kong Country Returns!!
Metroid prime Corruption and other m
And DRAGON QUEST 10 ofcourse!!!! (Cant wait for that one!!)
Dec 20, 2010 7:05 AM

Dec 2010
the wii for the most part is a gimmick and the majority of good games (all 2-4 of them) don't even utilise the motion aspect of the controller. Much like the ds.

Although it could be worse, at least its not Kinnect:)
Heads I win. Tails you lose.
Dec 20, 2010 8:11 AM

Apr 2008
phereia said:

People who say the wii sucks can't handle another console selling more (by how much? millions?) than their favourite console. So they put it down to it being a 'party' or 'casual' console, because they are hardcore and badass, and rate games entirely on graphics and how cool a character looks when they're running slow motion into a room shooting a gun.

Actually, I think it's more of the fact that the game system has a far more casual appeal, shitty online capabilities and is by all means far less capable in the technical aspects that make people speak down on it. After all, the system is most certainly a forerunner for such retarded and pandering games like Hell's Kitchen and Twilight Scene It moreso than the 360/PS3.

Usually whenever I have problems with motion controls it's usually with games that weren't really built for it. No More Heroes and Mario Galaxy worked quite well for me for the most part whereas the Prince of Persia game was atrocious.
Dec 20, 2010 9:45 AM
Mar 2010
I think it's good ol fun. It's not my favorite system, but when I want to play a title like Harvest Moon it's good :). It's a family system more than anything else.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Dec 20, 2010 11:29 AM

Jun 2010
I haven't bought a Game System since the GameCube mid last year.

I have been wanting a Wii for some time now, and this year, I will make that a reality.

I've played the Wii before, I can't wait! XD
Fan of Dragonball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

Dec 24, 2010 5:46 AM

Oct 2007
I like Wii Fit (but none of the other fitness/sports games) and a bunch of titles without motion controls (JRPGs, of which luckily more are coming).
Sin&Punishment 2 and the Trauma Center games are the only motion controls one I like, and they are basically pointer controls rather than waggle.

I suppose it's great value for people who like Nintendo's titles, but I'm not such a fan of those.

Overall not too keen on motion controls (not getting Move or Kinect either), relatively poor 3rd party support for non-party games (and even poorer if one needs them localized), graphics are not a huge issue since I don't care for realism.

In the end it didn't really find such a great place with gamers with a lot of people in the West preferring the power of the HD twins (even though no doubt a lot of games with huge budgets ended up i the red) and Japan preferring handhelds.

Wii ended up with the Nintendo titles, both blue ocean and core ones, marginal 3rd party support and a lot of 3rd party shovelware. Still, for the couple of games I enjoy on it, I don't regret getting the console.
Dec 24, 2010 6:32 AM
Jan 2009
Its much better than the Xbox 360.
Dec 26, 2010 12:45 PM

Dec 2010
It`s a fun console to play on with ur friends my favorite is Just Dance. I like the Xbox and PS3 more, but i also have lots of fun with the Wii
Visionary
Dec 26, 2010 1:35 PM

May 2008
It's not very powerful hardware.

But having many of the best games this generation more than makes up for it.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Dec 26, 2010 1:44 PM

May 2008

Dec 26, 2010 2:28 PM

May 2008

Dec 28, 2010 7:14 PM

Oct 2010
I like the wii a lot when you're playing locally with friends, but i prefer other systems when it's online or single player.
Jan 31, 2011 9:39 AM
Jan 2010
I like the Wii. It has at least SOME cool games.
Unlike the filthy ps3, which has no game.
CANCER!
LOL!
Jan 31, 2011 12:23 PM

May 2009
imo the Wii is the just like any other Nintendo console(bar SNES and NES) but it's the worst one they've made.

First off, I'm a huge Nintendo fan, always have been and always will. However I'm not blinded by my love for the company. The wii is just like the N64 and Gamecube, Nintendo is the best devolper for it's own console and the few 2nd party companys Nintendo have release some awesome games too. now and again you get the occasion 3rd party exclusive or multi-platform game which is great too.

However Nintedo have let crappy companys release crappy games all for a quick buck, add the casaul gamer marketing to the wii and this is why it's the worst console nintendo have put out since the virtual boy. hell I dont even know of any 2nd party companies Nintendo has anymore apart from Retro Studio's (for those who are a bit unsure 2nd party companys are companys that just make games for a certain console IE: Rare only make exclusives for microsoft console's)

that being said the Wii has some amazing games just like other Nintendo consoles and i feel most people dont give it enough chance to find these games, which is a shame cuz the wii does have good games in nearly every genre.
May 12, 2021 3:02 PM
Dec 2017
its a really great console with alot of good games and yeah its a shame it got viewed as a kiddy console when stuff like madworld and nmh is there.

May 12, 2021 3:19 PM
Jul 2018
Crow_Black said:
its a really great console with alot of good games and yeah its a shame it got viewed as a kiddy console when stuff like madworld and nmh is there.

bruv I feel like slapping you for all this necroing
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What was the very first video game you ever played? As well your first game console?

Kazeninjaryu1 - 2 hours ago

5 by rohan121 »»
55 minutes ago

» That one game that got you into JRPGs?

Kazeninjaryu1 - 1 hour ago

0 by Kazeninjaryu1 »»
1 hour ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3728 by DesuMaiden »»
3 hours ago

» Do you track Accounts you made online

ST63LTH - Yesterday

2 by RobertsahDHDA »»
4 hours ago

» What Are Your Favorite Games? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZeroTatsuyaYu - Mar 13, 2016

288 by DesuMaiden »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.