Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 14, 7:18 PM
Dec 2017
Do you think we have the worst protagonist ever here? I can't stand him for the fact that he cries constantly and the fact that he is completely useless from start to finish, which led me to reevaluate protagonists like Yukiteru Amano or Rudeus Greyrat.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 7:50 PM
May 2021
Annoying, yes. Trashy, yes. The worst though, i don't think so. Pretty sure there are a lot more worse MC
Jan 14, 7:59 PM
Sep 2021
sounds like someone feels confronted
Jan 14, 8:03 PM
Dec 2023
Takemichi Hanagaki, is often considered weak and indecisive. His initial lack of self-confidence can be seen as a weakness, but throughout the story, he demonstrates courage in facing challenging situations to protect those he cares about. His ability to time travel to correct past mistakes highlights his positive side, showcasing his determination to change the fate of his friends. Therefore, while he has flaws, his evolution throughout the plot underscores his redeeming qualities.
BigDog777Jan 14, 8:07 PM
Jan 14, 8:16 PM
Jan 2022
Every time travel (and return by death/loop) anime has dumb MCs but Takemichi takes the cake. Grown ass man getting beaten by middle schoolers in every episode.
Jan 14, 8:29 PM
Mar 2022
Ripperdoc said:
Every time travel (and return by death/loop) anime has dumb MCs but Takemichi takes the cake. Grown ass man getting beaten by middle schoolers in every episode.

Just because he is a grown ass man mentally doesn’t change the fact that he’s in a middle school body. Honestly he doesn’t even have the mentality of a grown ass man either. He is a pathetic person, who’s mind and heart has been trapped since he was in middle school, and this was long before he got the ability to time travel. Takemitchi was written to be a pathetic character, doesn’t make the writing bad. He’s growing as the show progresses, he’s gaining confidence, overcoming trauma, most of all he’s correcting the mistakes he made.
Jan 14, 8:37 PM

Jul 2015
That's probably the worst take you've made so far.

Jan 14, 8:39 PM
Dec 2021
Leon888 said:
Do you think we have the worst protagonist ever here? I can't stand him for the fact that he cries constantly and the fact that he is completely useless from start to finish, which led me to reevaluate protagonists like Yukiteru Amano or Rudeus Greyrat.

That's totally your opinion
Jan 14, 9:17 PM
Dec 2022
takemichi is so weak that even if the author makes him strong then also no one will like it because we can't believe it
they should have made him a little bit stronger from the starting of the series
Jan 14, 9:37 PM
Oct 2019
One of the worst for me, for sure
Jan 14, 9:43 PM
Oct 2023
Most unlikeable? Probably but worst eeeh there’s a few other like Asta, shirou, every Harem protagonist ever so it’s a close call
Jan 14, 10:45 PM
Apr 2021
Do not talk shit about my boy Takemichi that’s my hero and I won’t let you slander his name😠
Jan 14, 11:21 PM
Jun 2021
Let's see what you'll say when you get to s3 💀💀
Jan 14, 11:36 PM
May 2022
Yeqh, he's definitely on the lower end of the spectrum
Jan 14, 11:38 PM
Jun 2016
Mega_Muse said:

Amen brother. After i was done with season 3 i was like "YOOO HE FINALLY GREW SOME BALLS YEAAA"
Jan 14, 11:43 PM
Jun 2021
OnimuraThe13 said:
Mega_Muse said:

Amen brother. After i was done with season 3 i was like "YOOO HE FINALLY GREW SOME BALLS YEAAA"

Very slightly tho. Like the size of grapes or sum. His reactions still manage to piss me off
Jan 15, 12:05 AM
Apr 2021
Yukiteru Amano from The Future Diary is the worst protagonist ever for me.
Jan 15, 12:14 AM
Jun 2016
The one from Re zero also was useless af and pissed me off... but i felt sorry for him after later lol. (I only watched season 1 tho and it was long ago only thing i remember is the deaths, many deaths)
Jan 15, 12:21 AM
Jun 2022
masamune from masamune kun no revenge is way more worst then takimichi
Jan 15, 12:45 AM
Jul 2021
no (character limit)
Jan 15, 1:00 AM

Jul 2010
Subaru from ReZero is the worst protagonist of all time.
Takeshitty is annoying, yes. But he has some balls, takes every beating and grow from Arc to Arc. Yeah, I don't like him, but thats another story and to freakin' long to explane. My limited english can't handle this story for sure, haha.
Jan 15, 2:02 AM
Dec 2019
Leon888 said:

Ignorance and internet both start with the letter “I” what’s up with that 😂 worst MC? Yeah….no. I can’t name anyone else because the mods won’t let me, but there’s definitely worse than takemitchy 🐐
Jan 15, 2:56 AM
Dec 2022
N_ee_l said:
takemichi is so weak that even if the author makes him strong then also no one will like it because we can't believe it

i think he is one of the strongest punching bag that you can find. his durability is no joke 🤣. the write never surprises give us the best beat down although it's the mc thats getting beat up .a fight is a fight after all. iam just for the violence here. i have long give up on any hopes i have one this one though
Jan 15, 3:23 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Well, he does develop into a good punching bag as he waits for others to solve everything for him.
Jan 15, 3:51 AM
Dec 2020
Guys you can't forget Kazuya From rent a girlfriend. No one Is worse protagonist than him
Jan 15, 4:56 AM
Apr 2023
worst no weak, stupid, trash, not strong yes
Jan 15, 4:58 AM

Jan 2021
He isnt the worst but he is bad.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jan 15, 5:33 AM
Sep 2022
Absolutely yes. On of the worst protagonist ever existed.
Jan 15, 5:48 AM
Mar 2012
don't agree - Takemichi strives throughout the series, despite whatever comes across, never giving up. a weak character would have given up long ago...
now, if you want to talk about one of the weakest and worst villains, yeh, Kisaki wears a crown.
Jan 15, 6:35 AM
Jul 2019
He is one of the worst of all time if not he is the actual bottom tier mc ever
Jan 15, 6:38 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Stazzys
Annoying, yes. Trashy, yes. The worst though, i don't think so. Pretty sure there are a lot more worse MC
@Stazzys Well for sure if we go looking we will find something worse, but among the most famous shows Takemidtchy is the one that certainly stands out the most as the worst protagonist
Jan 15, 6:43 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to lFrogs
sounds like someone feels confronted
@lFrogs explain based on what?
Jan 15, 6:46 AM
Jan 2021
Takemichi Hanagaki
Jan 15, 6:47 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to BigDog777
Takemichi Hanagaki, is often considered weak and indecisive. His initial lack of self-confidence can be seen as a weakness, but throughout the story, he demonstrates courage in facing challenging situations to protect those he cares about. His ability to time travel to correct past mistakes highlights his positive side, showcasing his determination to change the fate of his friends. Therefore, while he has flaws, his evolution throughout the plot underscores his redeeming qualities.
@BigDog777 It's not that I dislike people who start out weak and then become stronger and stronger, but Takemidtchy doesn't fall into this category, he is weak and annoying from the start and will continue to be weak and annoying... his ability to travel time, it's a very useful skill and yet Takemitchy, instead of exploiting its full potential, ends up carrying out deliberately stupid actions that no one with a minimum of intelligence would do (e.g. not checking in the future that events have changed, for one thing), I just can't believe understand what's great about this character, everything has to be thrown away also considering that unlike other people he has an advantage given that he has a very powerful ability...
Jan 15, 6:57 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to EP1C_G4YM3R
Ripperdoc said:

Just because he is a grown ass man mentally doesn’t change the fact that he’s in a middle school body. Honestly he doesn’t even have the mentality of a grown ass man either. He is a pathetic person, who’s mind and heart has been trapped since he was in middle school, and this was long before he got the ability to time travel. Takemitchi was written to be a pathetic character, doesn’t make the writing bad. He’s growing as the show progresses, he’s gaining confidence, overcoming trauma, most of all he’s correcting the mistakes he made.
@EP1C_G4YM3R Takemidtchy was written to make every author who wants to write stories understand what they have to do not to create a protagonist like that... it's incredible that people defend a protagonist so insipid that the only real ability he has is luck, in Fundamentally he goes forward because he is lucky, not because he grows and corrects the mistakes he makes... given that most of the time he doesn't even serve any purpose while he tries to prevent certain events from happening... and this is serious considering that he has a great skill but he is too stupid to know how to use it, in short he is a rubbish mc that is useless
Jan 15, 6:58 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Piromysl
That's probably the worst take you've made so far.
@Piromysl explain what you mean
Jan 15, 6:59 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Bijou146
Leon888 said:

That's totally your opinion
@Bijou146 These are also the facts though...
Jan 15, 6:59 AM
May 2021
agree not worst for me but one of the worst for me
Jan 15, 7:00 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to N_ee_l
@N_ee_l Not even stronger, it should have made him more intelligent at least, this was enough but he doesn't even have that to make us understand how ugly this character is...
Jan 15, 7:04 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to opioids
Most unlikeable? Probably but worst eeeh there’s a few other like Asta, shirou, every Harem protagonist ever so it’s a close call
@opioids Wait Shiro? Shiro is a character who is often stupid but I wouldn't say that he is bad as a protagonist, in fact in some fairies he also becomes a nice character.
Asta I forgot, but I think Takemtichy is worse than him, at least Asta has some qualities unlike Takemidtchy. The protagonists of the harems depends on which ones you get, because there are some really good ones
Jan 15, 7:05 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Treyv0n
Do not talk shit about my boy Takemichi that’s my hero and I won’t let you slander his name😠
@Treyv0n Your hero sucks, sorry 😂
Jan 15, 7:06 AM
Mar 2022
Leon888 said:
@EP1C_G4YM3R Takemidtchy was written to make every author who wants to write stories understand what they have to do not to create a protagonist like that... it's incredible that people defend a protagonist so insipid that the only real ability he has is luck, in Fundamentally he goes forward because he is lucky, not because he grows and corrects the mistakes he makes... given that most of the time he doesn't even serve any purpose while he tries to prevent certain events from happening... and this is serious considering that he has a great skill but he is too stupid to know how to use it, in short he is a rubbish mc that is useless

He’s emotional support, he’s a lover not a fighter. When you see somebody crying about something that’s putting you down, you start to feel like you’re already feeling better because at least you’re not balling your eyes out. Point is takemichi, the weakling that he is, gives OTHERS strength to carry on, allowing him to grown EMOTIONALLY, all so he can live a better chain of events that he can be proud of in life. Main characters do not need to be strong in any sense of the way, they can be weak and pathetic up until the very end when they finally change. But takemitchi has already gone though so much in this short amount of time, and let’s not forget he is WEAK, so even though everybody else is also going through the same stuff, they are far more stronger than takemitchi. Mikey on the other hand is strong in every sense, but is weak when it comes to handling emotions, which the crybaby takemitchi is actually good at doing. Sometimes you just need to know how to cry, stop hating on takemitchi.
Jan 15, 7:06 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Mega_Muse
@Mega_Muse Absolutely nothing, because Takemidtchy will continue to be an annoying and useless character
Jan 15, 7:07 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to Leon888
@Piromysl explain what you mean
@Leon888 I don't usually take baits, or maybe it is just a common case of media illiteracy, but just because a protagonist contributes to the story in other ways than mindlessly throwing hands, it doesn't make him bad and it is kinda embarrassing that I even need to explain it. Also bringing up Yuki and Rudy in the same sentence isn't even subtle.

Jan 15, 7:08 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to LazzySenpai
Yukiteru Amano from The Future Diary is the worst protagonist ever for me.
@LazzySenpai In my opinion, Yukiteru would have also had a nice evolution if the author had presented the story of the 1st world instead of the 2nd world...
Jan 15, 7:09 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to OnimuraThe13
The one from Re zero also was useless af and pissed me off... but i felt sorry for him after later lol. (I only watched season 1 tho and it was long ago only thing i remember is the deaths, many deaths)
@OnimuraThe13 Subaru was annoyed, but it was more justified than Takedmitchy
Jan 15, 7:11 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to quietkun27
masamune from masamune kun no revenge is way more worst then takimichi
@quietkun27 I disagree, at least on Masumane you can appreciate the effort that has improved, instead of getting very powerful abilities out of nowhere like Takemidtchy
Jan 15, 7:11 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to LimeMakotoBell
no (character limit)
@LimeMakotoBell One of the worst then, lol
Jan 15, 7:12 AM
Jun 2022
Leon888 said:
@quietkun27 I disagree, at least on Masumane you can appreciate the effort that has improved, instead of getting very powerful abilities out of nowhere like Takemidtchy

bro season 2 ruined everything
Jan 15, 7:12 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to KobayashiChi
Subaru from ReZero is the worst protagonist of all time.
Takeshitty is annoying, yes. But he has some balls, takes every beating and grow from Arc to Arc. Yeah, I don't like him, but thats another story and to freakin' long to explane. My limited english can't handle this story for sure, haha.
@KobayashiChi I disagree, as at least Subaru isn't a total idiot like takemidtchy is
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

335 by Captain22 »»
Apr 21, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

250 by Captain22 »»
Apr 19, 3:52 AM

Poll: » I read so many people saying that Takemichi is a pedo and i want to know your opinion

Onii-chanShuki - Sep 29, 2021

30 by Piromysl »»
Apr 2, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

253 by Ryokonoma »»
Mar 10, 11:59 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2021

165 by Anzu_luvs_u »»
Mar 3, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.