Forum Settings
Forums

Am I the only one who dislikes ecchi scenes because I want to watch a serious show?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 11, 8:15 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to LeonhartAugust
To OP: There's only a couple of anime that bothered me in that aspect. Otherwise I don't care.

@LSSJ_Gaming MHA already has a character who's full of himself, arrogant, has anger issues and has bullied the mc since kindergarden (and told him to commit suicide on top of that). There's also another character who's abusive towards his kids and wife to the point where he gave one of his kids a visible burn scar that he'll live with his entire life and hospitalized his wife.

Neither are exemplary qualities and is sufficient to disqualify them as heroes.

So why draw the line at the comic relief pervert? At least he's a minor character you can ignore and actually gets his just desserts. You can't say the same for the other two.

I wonder why anime fans are okay with flawed characters until the character in question has a flaw related to perversion.
@LeonhartAugust

its one thing to show domestic violence and bullying since the show takes those very seriously, but the fact that it treats sexual assault as a joke is just...not good
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Jan 11, 8:20 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
@LeonhartAugust

its one thing to show domestic violence and bullying since the show takes those very seriously, but the fact that it treats sexual assault as a joke is just...not good
@LSSJ_Gaming

I don't think Japanese Anime treats sexual assault as good. If you broadly look at this medium as a whole generally sexual assault is treated like a really bad thing. The only difference is some scenes in Japanese Anime that can be construed as sexual assault by western viewers is too often used to portray as humor in Anime.

A good example would be commonly scenes in almost every other seasonal Anime where if it features a group of cute girls, one girl will often randomly grab another girls breasts at some point in the series. In Japan, something like this would not be seen as sexual assault. Where in the West like in North America if some female randomly did this to another female they could be literally legally prosecuted for doing so in real life.
ColourWheelJan 11, 9:29 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Apr 21

43 by vasipi4946 »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - 5 hours ago

18 by mizukasa »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 25

69 by Aletheia_xxx »»
4 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

24 by Krlenir »»
5 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 2 hours ago

14 by MogKnight »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.