Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 3, 8:03 AM

Jan 2020
Hello! I’ve been trying to learn some tapping-heavy riffs recently and I noticed that after repeating those riffs over and over for several hours in a row my middle and ring fingers on the right hand start to sting. I can still play in the heat of the moment but once I take a 10-minute break and pick up my guitar again after it ends, they start to hurt really bad, so I’m forced to stop my guitar exercises for today. The next day they still hurt, which is why I might not be able to practice tapping for 2 days in a row. I understand that I need to keep doing this until I develop calluses on those fingers a couple of times, which will roughen my skin, but the problem is that even though I said “recently” in the beginning, this situation already lasts for about 5 months, and yet I still have no calluses and my skin on the fingertips is relatively smooth.

What should I do?
Jan 4, 4:06 PM

Sep 2023
Do you what you think is best. If you think you can keep playing, play. If not, don't. What I will say is that repeated stress injury is a very real thing and can have some pretty knarly consequences. Not a medical expert nor a musician, just a 3D modeler whose fingers hurt really bad. Read more about it here (clevelandclinic.org).

Be safe and well travels,
Chris

More topics from this board

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now

tsukareru - 7 hours ago

5 by mokkocchi »»
3 hours ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

26 by 707supremacist »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Game of Thrones vs Attack on Titan

DOSS300 - Mar 26

11 by WatchTillTandava »»
11 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7587 by SilentAssassin88 »»
Yesterday, 1:16 PM

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3387 by SilentAssassin88 »»
Yesterday, 1:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.