New
Pages (16) « First ... « 14 15 [16]
Aug 20, 2016 8:47 PM
BL Connoisseur

Oct 2008
TNK_Arc said:
Predictable scenarios. Ex:

Oh my god, I died laughing at this. You are brilliant xDDDDD

As for me, well.. Clichés don't really bother me because let's face it, in the world of today saturated with overused ideas, it's hard to come up with a 100% original idea for an anime, especially when there's competition pressure involved. Companies need to churn out genericshit in hopes of getting a piece of the pie. But for me, what matters is execution- how the anime tackled and used the cliché to their advantage. So if the anime is executed beautifully, even if it is full of clichés, I would still laud it. But if it's there for the sake of being made, well. That's what I don't like.

I am forever your most devoted believer.

Aug 20, 2016 9:20 PM
BL Connoisseur

Oct 2008
... While watching Soul Eater right now, I did remember ONE cliche that pisses me right off.

The 'I somehow managed to gather this top secret and hard to obtain information in 2 hours by pulling a few strings even though we have been researching and doing nothing about this thing we should be doing about for 98765 years' cliche. Seriously, you get a supporting character (usually the furure mentor) explain how they had been fighting something for years, and suddenly the (usually clueless, usually 'I CANT DO THIS I WAS JUST ROPED INTO THIS BY ACCIDENT I AM NOT THE CHOSEN ONE') protagonist appears to help fight against said thing (usually against their own will) and someone in the group of supporting characters manages to gather information in five minutes. IF IT WAS THAT EASY WHY DIDNT YOU LITTLE SHITS DO IT ON YOUR OWN 93838484838383 YEARS AGO WHY DID YOU NEED TO WAIT FOR THIS EXACT BITCH/BASTARD WHO IS USUALLY SOMEONE WITH ZERO ABILITIES ANYWAY TO DO IT. //FLIPS TABLES

I am forever your most devoted believer.

Aug 20, 2016 9:45 PM

Feb 2016
when the villain decides to explain their weapon/technique when they're about to win the fight. while it's cool to know how they operate, it's just (usually) not realistic and a stupid move. like... just attack them already. you're just giving them more time to think up a strategy.

did you know that bungee gum has both the properties of rubber and gum ?

▬▬▬▬▬✿♥✿▬▬▬▬▬
change of heart
Aug 21, 2016 3:47 AM
May 2016
The tsundere childhood friend-annoying,useless af,waits the protagonist to save her
The OP MC-all the glory goes to him,no one mentioned the other characters for what they've done and he usually tells them that it wouldnt be possible if it werent for you..yeah right
The useless girls-wait for the MC to save you
The weak harem MC-Like they cant make a balanced one..either he is too weak waiting the girls to sacrifice themselves and make a speech in front of the villain to stop him, or too strong
The hidden power-The rarest and the most powerful power belongs to the average MC who suddenly leaves his daily life to become a hero
The forced psycho boys-I like the psycho girls but the boys are damn annoying..they open their eyes,laugh like idiots more than psychos and they have a repeated habit
The NEETs who suddenly become sociable and relying although they spent their entire time hidden in their rooms,playing video games far from the others
Forced deaths only for some MC forced development
The little sister which waits for her Onii chan to save her
Not to mention every other kind of harem MC such as the cool and nothing to be shamed on MC which invites the girls to join him (idk why people like them) and the dense ones who even though the girl is totally naked they look normal af
xxdeletedddxxAug 21, 2016 3:56 AM
Aug 22, 2016 12:12 AM

May 2016
I don't know if these count but I have a couple:
1) Having a pre established couple, but adding more girls to make a harem: I just think doing this is pandering and a waste of characters because they could be interesting, but no they have to be in love with the M.C. eg Sword Art Online, Re:zero (a little bit, mainly Rem).
2) The said to be awesome and amazing character, but have them do nothing awesome or amazing: Why should I believe and like them if I don't see them do the thing that they're said to be able to do unless that's the joke. eg Oda Nobuna (In my opinion).
3) The character who is awesome just because: These character reek of poor self-insert that they're made annoying or bland. A flimsy explanation doesn't make up for it. eg Kirito, Inaho and Sagara (in my opinion).
4) Tsunderes aways winning: Kind of makes the harem pointless if the same kind of girl keeps of winning and usually the least interesting. eg Most harems.
5) Poorly placed fanservice: The fanservice just feel out of place. If the fanserice feels like it fits the scene or series then it's fine. eg A serious fight scene but now there is a panty shot and a some time spent on the boobs or a slice of life suddenly showing boobs (This Art Club has a Problem's OP).
Aug 22, 2016 10:26 AM

Mar 2012
Tsunderes who slowly improve their attitude over the course of the series, it's really annoying that people ship the MC with a character who literally abuses and hits him throughout the series. If I was the MC I would just stay 100 meters away from such a person and be with the one who is kind to me.

The "I'm your fiance/girlfriend/boyfriend" cliche where the MC ended up with one due to some misunderstanding but can't get out of the relationship even though they want to end it for whatever reasons. It's pretty frustrating because mostly the love is one-sided in these cases but the entire fandom just ships them because they are "officially" a couple even for name sake.

Stopping fights to explain the details of their new powerful move and how they learned it to their enemies. This happens mostly in shounen anime. Believe me, if I was your enemy I would have taken the chance and knocked you out while you explained your moves to me!

Blondes always win in harem/reverse harem or any anime with more than one love interests. I really don't care about looks, personality and the way they treat the MC matters more, but for whatever reasons the blondes end up being the stars of the show.

Being taken over by some evil power and then just snapping out of it because of the power of feelings no matter how powerful the thing is, maybe even capable of destroying the world. I still don't want to believe in people coming to just because their name was called out a few times by the one they love.
Aug 22, 2016 10:30 AM

Oct 2015
silencely said:
In the world of anime where Adults are so damn weak and stupid compared to teenagers.

Or where almost all of the adults are irredeemable assholes just for the convenience of the plot

*cough*elfen lied*cough*
Aug 22, 2016 3:23 PM

Apr 2014
EfiChan said:
The over shy girl suddenly gets many friends. It's too fictional and raise false hopes up

Ehh, I always feel kind of better when that happens.

Personally I hate those 'cool' type of protagonists, who acts like they're superior over others. They're just arrogant cunts.
Ugh, mostly every male MC is annoying in my view.
Aug 22, 2016 3:35 PM
Jan 2016
The endless number of "I'm not left-handed" reveals - this is when who has the advantage in a fight between two characters (or more) change several time due to some perviously unknown aspect to their powers coming into play or some surprise super move we've never seen or heard of before. This can be fine once in a while and once (maybe twice) per fight but some shows just keep going.
Aug 25, 2016 5:11 PM

Aug 2016
Todd_ said:
"I'll never forgive you" line.

^This.

+

unnecessary conversations in the middle of the war
1MerveilleuxApr 7, 2018 6:08 PM
Aug 26, 2016 6:45 AM

Jun 2016
The "A evil/military/police forces that are suppose to been competent suddenly been incompetent idiots" cliche is the cliche that I hate the most. Like I mean, a evil villlain/polices/army that are suppose to be effective/unstoppable suddenly let their a** been kicked by the hero/villains without even manage to do something? Yikes.
Pages (16) « First ... « 14 15 [16]

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 10 minutes ago

3 by deg »»
1 minute ago

» What's your most controversial anime among your favorites? ( 1 2 3 )

Kushna - Apr 5

105 by YeeYeeAss »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 52 minutes ago

4 by Otakupervert890 »»
20 minutes ago

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Apr 21

37 by vampirismsxc »»
23 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

114 by vampirismsxc »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.