Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 26, 2023 11:11 PM
May 2012
I need explanations.
In the end I didn't understand if Ai was authentic or a mask she had created for herself to fit in the world.
I didn't understand if she wanted to be loved or if she just wanted to seduce people to gain power.

The anime continues to show the negative aspects of the show business industry without ever showing the positives. The public wants to be deceived, the public can be so cruel that they turn into cyberbullies and haters that they push VIPs to commit suicide, the public can turn into stalkers. The employment agencies that revolve around show business exploit idols, using them as dolls, toys that when they are too old (at 30 years old, at 20 years old or even at 10 years old) are to be thrown away without second thoughts.
Television programs always look for scandal because that is what attracts attention and creates an audience. In the end, the show business industry is not evil, it just wants to make money and only tries to feed the public what the public wants. In show business there are connections and recommendations, connections count much more than talent.
Idols cannot have a boyfriend or a family because it would be like betraying the expectations, romantic illusions and idealizations of their admirers.
Your privacy does not exist like your private life. Your impersonation of the character doesn't end when the camera turns off but always continues for the rest of your life.
They spend their lives playing a game of shadows and lies.
All this for what? for money? no because even those are in short supply, the big gains only go to the top 1%. There are so many aspirants to this reality and very few actually manage to make it their only job. Due to the fact that youth and physical appearance matter a lot in this world you can find yourself relatively young out of the market and at that point you no longer have any idea what job you could go for because you really have no experience and study behind you.
It's a very competitive reality, many actors, singers and idols fight each other, there's always someone envious who tries to undermine you.
Sarina spent her life in bed in a hospital room, she lived a pathetic life and projected her unfulfilled dreams into Ai, Ai was famous, beautiful, loved, talented, acclaimed.. everything that Sarina was not but at a certain point she should have understood that all this is fictitious and instead of staying away she wants to retrace his "mother's" steps but then she really hasn't learned anything?
Acqua that by now he would be around middle age how can he fall in love with 16 year olds? physically ok it is understandable but how can you find them temperamentally attractive? they could be his daughters, they are immature for him.
Ai wanted to be loved but what she got was just "fans" (fan come from fanatics) and that is messed up you don't want your husband or your kids being fans of you you want them to be proud of you, a respectful love, a deeper respectful admiration, a family. That I think Acqua and Ruby failed to give her or everyone else.

I haven't read the manga I was wondering if this anime has a message? if yes which one is it? if no which one do you think could be it?
Dec 26, 2023 11:30 PM
Jun 2022
the message I got was "Don't be an idol and you will avoid a bunch of sh!t"
Dec 26, 2023 11:53 PM
Jan 2022
Is there a summary of that cus I aint reading allat
Dec 27, 2023 12:06 AM
May 2020
That’s the series’s core theme, it isn’t resolved in the first season. Everybody wears different “masks” when they present themselves to different audiences. Is there some kernel of authenticity at the bottom of that? And if so, should we present that, or do the lies protect us?

I have my own perspective on those questions, you have your own. The show letting us think about these things rather than handing us all the answers is a good thing, not a flaw.

You say it only shows the negatives of the entertainment industry, that’s not the case at all. Ruby in season one genuinely loves being an idol, Sarina shows what idols can mean to people. Its exploration of the Japanese entertainment industry is only so effective because it’s presented in that frame. It shows the positives, and the system behind them that creates suffering. That allows the viewer to fill in the blanks on how the industry may be improved.

You make some other points here but those two are the main ones, so I’ll leave it at that.
Dec 27, 2023 12:12 AM

Jan 2020
I dunno but for me there were several messages in this anime.

Kana’s message — don’t look down on yourself too much, because you might not be as bad as you think you are.

Akane’a message — learn how to deal with all the hate and don’t take it too personally, otherwise it’ll start eating you from the inside.

Sarina’s (Ruby’s) message — keep doing what you have passion for and you might succeed.

Everything else, in my opinion, was made to add more drama, because let’s be realistic and admit that all the so called “horrors of the showbiz” are nothing compared to the horrors of living in poverty or near the frontline, for example.
Dec 27, 2023 12:14 AM
Jul 2023
in short the guy is asking what the message is when the darker aspects of the idol world exist full of exploitation, pressure to maintain an image, unrealistic expectations on idols, and the superficiality of fame and impact on personal life.. in case you don't wanna read all that..
I think the message was
"when you get attention you always have to live up to someone's expectations and look out for haters"
Dec 27, 2023 1:37 AM
May 2021
Reversign said:

true (character limit)
Dec 27, 2023 3:12 AM
Oct 2019
Reversign said:

I read all and if anything it's his personal view and values on the story to how things should be. like in one example he mention Aqua is not 16 mentally since he retain his memories from his time as Goro and as such cannot fall in love (his argument he find them immature with no proof to that argument). he accept the dark reality of show business as to him it's acceptable because of the money and feeding what people want it's ok even if he doesn't acknowledge that people will suffer in the process. (he was silent about that part)
Dec 27, 2023 3:52 AM
Jun 2023
Lola_The_Peanut said:

This line pretty much sums up the entire show
Dec 27, 2023 5:04 AM
May 2022
You don’t seem to read much manga, but if you want more clarification on the themes and further exploration of the industry, you should probably read it. I will say that yeah it’s a dark series and shows a lot of negatives. But that’s because it’s a negative industry that chews young people up. But if you want more positive, the next arc is the most positive the series gets.
Dec 27, 2023 6:48 AM

Aug 2017
Kidzuna said:
Lola_The_Peanut said:

This line pretty much sums up the entire show

I mean that sentiment is true of most public-facing jobs. Avoid jobs where you are judged by the masses if you don’t want to hear all sorts of abuse. This applies to fast food and retail workers as well

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Dec 27, 2023 5:16 PM
Jul 2023
Ai wanted to be able to love someone, so her whole life she told lies because she taught that maybe her lie could be true. The stars in the eyes of Ai, Aqua, Ruby, their father (which wasn't in this season, dont worry) and Akane when she acted like Ai, represent lies.
Dec 27, 2023 7:26 PM
Dec 2020
You just answered every question yourself
Dec 28, 2023 11:21 PM
Aug 2020
???? It’s not over yet, keep up with the new seasons, hell even the new chapters and you might find out. Or they’ll never say and you wont. No point to a mystery if you figure it out immediately without completing the series.
Dec 29, 2023 5:21 AM
May 2021
I think the fact you wrote 30+ lines of text is somewhat the evidence that this series left you w something.
Dec 29, 2023 2:02 PM
Jan 2022
Reply to Otakupervert890
Reversign said:

I read all and if anything it's his personal view and values on the story to how things should be. like in one example he mention Aqua is not 16 mentally since he retain his memories from his time as Goro and as such cannot fall in love (his argument he find them immature with no proof to that argument). he accept the dark reality of show business as to him it's acceptable because of the money and feeding what people want it's ok even if he doesn't acknowledge that people will suffer in the process. (he was silent about that part)
@Otakupervert890 Oh ok. Thanks for the summary.
Jan 1, 11:01 AM
Oct 2023
Hikinekomori said:
I need explanations.
In the end I didn't understand if Ai was authentic or a mask she had created for herself to fit in the world.
I didn't understand if she wanted to be loved or if she just wanted to seduce people to gain power.

The anime continues to show the negative aspects of the show business industry without ever showing the positives. The public wants to be deceived, the public can be so cruel that they turn into cyberbullies and haters that they push VIPs to commit suicide, the public can turn into stalkers. The employment agencies that revolve around show business exploit idols, using them as dolls, toys that when they are too old (at 30 years old, at 20 years old or even at 10 years old) are to be thrown away without second thoughts.
Television programs always look for scandal because that is what attracts attention and creates an audience. In the end, the show business industry is not evil, it just wants to make money and only tries to feed the public what the public wants. In show business there are connections and recommendations, connections count much more than talent.
Idols cannot have a boyfriend or a family because it would be like betraying the expectations, romantic illusions and idealizations of their admirers.
Your privacy does not exist like your private life. Your impersonation of the character doesn't end when the camera turns off but always continues for the rest of your life.
All this for what? for money? no because even those are in short supply, the big gains only go to the top 1%. There are so many aspirants to this reality and very few actually manage to make it their only job. Due to the fact that youth and physical appearance matter a lot in this world you can find yourself relatively young out of the market and at that point you no longer have any idea what job you could go for because you really have no experience and study behind you.
It's a very competitive reality, many actors, singers and idols fight each other, there's always someone envious who tries to undermine you.
Sarina spent her life in bed in a hospital room, she lived a pathetic life and projected her unfulfilled dreams into Ai, Ai was famous, beautiful, loved, talented, acclaimed.. everything that Sarina was not but at a certain point she should have understood that all this is fictitious and instead of staying away she wants to retrace his "mother's" steps but then she really hasn't learned anything?
Acqua that by now he would be around middle age how can he fall in love with 16 year olds? physically ok it is understandable but how can you find them temperamentally attractive? they could be his daughters, they are immature for him.
Ai wanted to be loved but what she got was just "fans" (fan come from fanatics) and that is messed up you don't want your husband or your kids being fans of you you want them to be proud of you, a respectful love, a deeper respectful admiration, a family. That I think Acqua and Ruby failed to give her or everyone else.

I haven't read the manga I was wondering if this anime has a message? if yes which one is it? if no which one do you think could be it?

Ai wanted to learn how to feel love so she was trying to learn from her fans but she didn't learn it till the moment she died when she said to Aqua and Ruby that she loves them and by what she told to them she actually meant it but in the manga Ai says in a DVD that was for Aqua's 16th birthday that she couldn't love him because he reminded her his father
Jan 1, 11:02 AM
Oct 2023
Hikinekomori said:
I need explanations.

the message is revenge

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2023

856 by wallus81 »»
Apr 25, 9:13 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 24, 2023

803 by ynugraha789 »»
Apr 24, 6:54 PM

» Episode 1 is like a movie

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

14 by jcffxsfg »»
Apr 24, 6:03 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2672 by Fabelisator »»
Apr 20, 2:41 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

869 by iikpp4 »»
Apr 19, 11:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.