Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 9, 2023 1:07 PM

Sep 2008
someone please explain it to me why the show looks like this. there must be a hardcore fan who knows the answer. it's been bothering me from the start but I didn't expect yes5gogo do the same thing.
does the background artist suffer from Parkinson? somebody looked at it and said this can pass? all good?
did they just color rough sketches skipping finalization, inks and line weight? please I have to know, it's driving me insane.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Dec 9, 2023 1:15 PM

Mar 2020
I'm surprised that you only noticed that in the backgrounds. If you take a good look at the characters' faces, most of the times the eyes/mouth are off.

The conclusion that I came after watching seasons like Fresh is that during those years the budget/schedule was tight or they wanted to make it more "kid-friendly" (which, sadly, makes it look like... this). Heartcatch is a great jump but still suffers from some of these shots.

Only you can save yourself.
I only know what I know, I guess?
Yuri enjoyer and El Cazador de la Bruja fan
Dec 9, 2023 3:11 PM

Sep 2008
Reply to BetterBegoneThot
I'm surprised that you only noticed that in the backgrounds. If you take a good look at the characters' faces, most of the times the eyes/mouth are off.

The conclusion that I came after watching seasons like Fresh is that during those years the budget/schedule was tight or they wanted to make it more "kid-friendly" (which, sadly, makes it look like... this). Heartcatch is a great jump but still suffers from some of these shots.
@BetterBegoneThot
I thought the jaw/mouth was some weird stylistic choice, like how index characters have muzzles, or how ufotable's fsn characters have almost no face definition. I collected a bunch of minuscule character pics from the 1st yes5 series. it was very entertaining to do so. somehow.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! Episode 30 Discussion

ariamachi - Feb 16, 2014

3 by aloradear »»
Feb 21, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! Episode 29 Discussion

ariamachi - Feb 16, 2014

2 by DavidArcher »»
Nov 14, 2023 12:33 PM

Poll: » Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! Episode 48 Discussion

ariamachi - Feb 21, 2014

5 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Nov 4, 2023 3:05 PM

Poll: » Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! Episode 47 Discussion

ariamachi - Feb 20, 2014

6 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:16 AM

Poll: » Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! Episode 46 Discussion

ariamachi - Feb 20, 2014

3 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Nov 4, 2023 1:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.