Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 25, 2023 3:53 PM
Feb 2016
I love this franchise, its relaxing to watch and calms my mind. Can anyone please recommend more relaxing series like this and also is there going to be more episodes of this show or is it completed ?
Nov 25, 2023 4:16 PM
Sep 2019
Avigoku said:
I love this franchise, its relaxing to watch and calms my mind. Can anyone please recommend more relaxing series like this and also is there going to be more episodes of this show or is it completed ?

Some shows that come to mind are K-On, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Laid Back Camp and Barakamon. All are slice of life, feel good shows with K-On and Laid Back Camp being CGDCT.

And yes, Non Non Biyori is completed. The 2022 OVA adapted the last of the manga
Nov 25, 2023 4:24 PM
Sep 2019
yeah I'm going to give a strong second for laid back camp or "Yuru camp", and also k-on. Is The Order a Rabbit would be another good one. If you don't mind a little paranormal stuff and an older cast, I'd also recommend Natsume Yuujin Chou.
Nov 25, 2023 4:25 PM
Nov 2023
Just a start, I’m sure more will follow from others, but try Room Camp and Laid Back Camp first, they’re awesome. Also Encouragement of Climb, Dagashi Kashi, Diary of our Days at the Breakwater,Sakura Quest and Slow Loop. Oh and one more, Teasing Master Takagi san, one of the finest SOL anime ever.
FutoiOtakuNov 25, 2023 4:35 PM
Nov 25, 2023 5:38 PM
Feb 2016
Azumanga Daioh
Love Lab
Wasteful Days of High School Girls
Nov 25, 2023 6:01 PM
Apr 2023
Avigoku said:

You just follow Yuru Camp or The Laid-back Camp. It just ongoing and the new season just aired in April next year. There's two season, one OVA (the name is Heya Camp, 12 episode, 3 minutes per episode) and one movie, and next year they are already have three seasons.

If you want to get another anime with the same thing, I have recommendation with Slice of Life genres with relaxing plot story :

1. Yama no Susume. Topic : Climbing (similar like Yuru Camp)
2. Bocchi the Rock! [ongoing]. Topic : Band Group
3. K-On!. Topic : Band Group
4. Nichijou (by Arawi Keiichi). Topic : School, Comedy
5. Koisuru Asteroid. Topic : Astronomy, Geography
6. Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita. Topic : School, Tailor, Cosplay
zamanitasykNov 25, 2023 6:05 PM
Nov 25, 2023 6:17 PM
Nov 2018
I love the way Non Non Biyori makes ordinary moments feel precious; there's something very affirming about it.

As others have said, Laid-Back Camp is an easy watch and a lot of fun, too. For an outdoorsy show, I personally prefer Encouragement of Climb, but both are very good in their own way.

I'd also second Barakamon and K-On as feel-good shows in this vein.

Incidentally, if you're not familiar with the iyashikei genre, Google it and you'll see Non Non Biyori, Laid-Back Camp, and Barakamon right there at the top, and a little further down, my favorite anime: Girls Last Tour.

Happy hunting.
Nov 25, 2023 9:25 PM

Oct 2010
Avigoku said:

Gochuumon wa Usagi Desuka

Yuru Camp

Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho

Maoujou de Oyasumi

Do it Yourself!!

Houkagou Teibou Nishi

Slow Loop

Koisuru Asteroid

All these are great examples of Iyashikei, which is the genre you’ve just learned about through Non Non Biyori! Welcome to the world of good wholesome vibes!
"Do you want me to take you away... to a place in this city where wishes come true?"
Nov 25, 2023 10:01 PM
Jul 2023
the only iyashikei anime thats ever come close to non non biyori for me is flying witch. theyre my 2 favorite slice of life animes of all time.
Nov 25, 2023 10:59 PM
Jan 2022
Ichigo mashimaru
Nov 27, 2023 10:59 AM
Sep 2022
xXGoreGrinderXx said:
the only iyashikei anime thats ever come close to non non biyori for me is flying witch. theyre my 2 favorite slice of life animes of all time.

Watched flying witch recently, it was very comfy. Nothing noteworthy happens but the time just flies by.
I recommend Konohana Kitan if it hasn't been mentioned yet.
Nov 27, 2023 12:04 PM
Jul 2023
tiXhl said:
xXGoreGrinderXx said:

Watched flying witch recently, it was very comfy. Nothing noteworthy happens but the time just flies by.

right? it wasnt eventful but it was over before i knew it. its a lovely series. i rewatch it every October. I haven't seen that, I'll definitely check it out!
Nov 27, 2023 12:40 PM

May 2021
Hidamari Sketch

Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater

Sketchbook: Full Colors

Amanchu!

A-Channel

After School Dice Club

Akebi's Sailor Uniform

Takunomi

Bottle Fairy

Kiniro Mosaic

Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House

Let's Make A Mug Too

Konohana Kitan

Magic of Stella

Slow Start

Kokoro Toshokan

Lamune

Ms. vampire who lives in my neighborhood

The Helpful Fox Senko-san

Wakaba*Girl

Kamichu!

I also second Asteroid in Love, Strawberry Mashmallow, Azumanga Diaoh, Encouragement of Climb, Do It Yourself!!, Slow Loop, Laid Back Camp & K-On!
Dec 9, 2023 2:10 AM
Jul 2023
tiXhl said:
xXGoreGrinderXx said:

konohana kitan was very good. great recommendation, thank you!
Dec 9, 2023 2:12 AM
Jul 2023
VampireLord1024 said:
Hidamari Sketch

Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater

Sketchbook: Full Colors

Amanchu!

A-Channel

After School Dice Club

Akebi's Sailor Uniform

Takunomi

Bottle Fairy

Kiniro Mosaic

Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House

Let's Make A Mug Too

Konohana Kitan

Magic of Stella

Slow Start

Kokoro Toshokan

Lamune

Ms. vampire who lives in my neighborhood

The Helpful Fox Senko-san

Wakaba*Girl

Kamichu!

I also second Asteroid in Love, Strawberry Mashmallow, Azumanga Diaoh, Encouragement of Climb, Do It Yourself!!, Slow Loop, Laid Back Camp & K-On!

after-school dice club is lovely! i never see people talk about it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Movie: Vacation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

shanimebib - Feb 28, 2019

93 by removed-user »»
Nov 1, 2023 5:04 AM

» How is this movie?

AoiroBlueColor - Jul 6, 2021

3 by Soupisekaitrash »»
Jul 6, 2021 8:44 PM

» When will the BD be out?

Leafyone - Oct 2, 2018

16 by TheExile285 »»
Jul 22, 2019 6:30 PM

» Fansub is out

Kamiyan3991 - Mar 8, 2019

8 by Kamiyan3991 »»
Jun 14, 2019 4:28 AM

» Can this lead to a sequel?

RPWPA - Dec 24, 2017

47 by _MushiRock11_ »»
May 11, 2019 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.