Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 7, 2023 3:29 PM
May 2022
Like I understand the logic behind it makes absolutely no sense, but it’s not like the show revolves around time travel the way Steins Gate does. Why don’t people just say “oh my god, he time traveled!!” and focus on what really matters in the show, the action?
Oct 7, 2023 3:36 PM
Jul 2023
I absolutely agree 👍🏽
Oct 7, 2023 3:39 PM
Aug 2021
I didn't know people had anything to say about it. I thought everyone just hated Takemitchi
Oct 7, 2023 3:46 PM
Apr 2023
I love this show because I dont have to think about, if something would or wouldnt work, I just believe that what he does in past changes the future, and I just enjoyed teens beating the hell out of each other.
Oct 7, 2023 3:49 PM
Apr 2023
Animaticide said:
I didn't know people had anything to say about it. I thought everyone just hated Takemitchi

I still hate takemichi but that doesn't mean that I hate the animes .I watched ît tomorrow and I fill like it's very good and I liked it. but I dinner liked how takemichi's character crys a lot lot
Oct 7, 2023 3:52 PM
Apr 2023
sangonomiya_k said:
Like I understand the logic behind it makes absolutely no sense, but it’s not like the show revolves around time travel the way Steins Gate does. Why don’t people just say “oh my god, he time traveled!!” and focus on what really matters in the show, the action?

exactly why is it getting this mauch hate
Oct 7, 2023 4:14 PM
Negator

Mar 2022
Because you also have to just say “oh this child just got beat the fuck up, and took multiple lead pipes to the head, and he’s still conscious, let alone alive!!” Every single thing about this anime screams “it doesn’t make sense, just shut your brain completely off and watch a bunch of annoying kids beat the shit out of each other!” which just doesn’t have any appeal to me. Plus that means I have to watch the show through Takemichi’s eyes? This one just isn’t for me, and my issues for it go way past the dumb ass time travel in it.
MusashiKarlsefniOct 7, 2023 4:17 PM
Oct 7, 2023 4:24 PM
Jan 2022
This show is so bad, it makes my skin crawl. Lidenfilms make a season 2 for Call of the Night cause thats your best and most beautiful adaption so far, instead of this waste.
RipperdocOct 7, 2023 4:29 PM
Oct 7, 2023 4:50 PM
Feb 2021
sangonomiya_k said:

Well even if you put that aside it’s still bullshit lmao
Oct 7, 2023 6:12 PM
Aug 2015
Ripperdoc said:
This show is so bad, it makes my skin crawl. Lidenfilms make a season 2 for Call of the Night cause thats your best and most beautiful adaption so far, instead of this waste.

Call of the night is good (despite it being pedophilia) but this is still a top tier show
Oct 7, 2023 7:22 PM
Mar 2023
soulresinVEVO said:
Ripperdoc said:

Call of the night is good (despite it being pedophilia) but this is still a top tier show

there is nothing top tier about tokyo revengers lol. the writing is bottom tier, the animation is bottom tier, the MC is bottom tier.
Oct 7, 2023 7:35 PM

Jun 2021
I actually like how simple the time travel is until the end where they try to complicate it.

I think some people get confused at how simple it is and call it lazy writing.
Oct 7, 2023 7:42 PM
Feb 2021
If you think anyone cares about that, you're wrong. Well, I mean the show doesn't even come close to what an ideal time travel is and doesn't even explain its own timeline let alone make the perfect time travel like what Steins Gate does.

Also if only Takebitchy wasn't
IN-FUCKING-SUFFERABLE maybe I'd consider it an alright show. On top of that the story is shit, the action (yea it's meant to be an action anime) is shit, like most of the fights go like "Oh nooo!! Delinquent A is going to beat me up maybe I should just fucking cry and wait for Mikey to save my miserable ass!! Wait, he's not coming?? Well I guess I'll get myself gangbanged by these buff dudes who are like 6 ft taller than myself cuz I'm a fucking masochist"

Mikey is pretty much the only character who is remotely cool, because he is just an edgelord.
EvvixentOct 7, 2023 9:48 PM
Oct 7, 2023 10:04 PM

Mar 2021
Evvixent said:
If you think anyone cares about that, you're wrong. Well, I mean the show doesn't even come close to what an ideal time travel is and doesn't even explain its own timeline let alone make the perfect time travel like what Steins Gate does.

Also if only Takebitchy wasn't
IN-FUCKING-SUFFERABLE maybe I'd consider it an alright show. On top of that the story is shit, the action (yea it's meant to be an action anime) is shit, like most of the fights go like "Oh nooo!! Delinquent A is going to beat me up maybe I should just fucking cry and wait for Mikey to save my miserable ass!! Wait, he's not coming?? Well I guess I'll get myself gangbanged by these buff dudes who are like 6 ft taller than myself cuz I'm a fucking masochist"

Mikey is pretty much the only character who is remotely cool, because he is just an edgelord.

I actually enjoy watching Takemitchy suffer like a bitch he is!!! Gives me immense satisfaction for some reason.
Oct 7, 2023 11:26 PM
Mar 2022
soulresinVEVO said:
Ripperdoc said:

There are some moments in Tokyo Revengers when Takemichi is a borderline pedophile, so I’m scared to know how much pedophilia is in Call of the night.
Oct 8, 2023 12:08 AM
Mar 2022
Honestly, I don’t care too much for the action in this show, I personally enjoy the show a lot BECAUSE the time travel. You get to soak in the high levels of emotion, love, and determination irradiating off of Takemichi. Takemichi has never been a tough guy, and he’s painfully aware of his lack of strength, talent, or skill. Takemichi wasted his life away, then miraculously as he was taking his last breath, all logic is thrown out the window, it was his love, and determination alone that gave him the ability to time travel.
I could care less about the fighting in the show, I watch this show for the bonds that Takemichi is forming, bonds he would have never made if he was never on his last breath falling in slow-mo in front of a train, or if he hadn’t wasted his life away in the first place.
Nothing makes sense in this show, from how the time travel works, why Naoto doesn’t care that Takemichi is basically a borderline pedophile towards his sister, to every time you can say “how are you not dead?” or “how did that kill you when you were basically immortal a moment ago”, but I don’t care that this show doesn’t make sense. I’m just a sucker for Tokyo Revengers because I’m a sucker for anime with crybaby Main characters, and that’s what Takemichi is, the first opening song is even called “Cry Baby”. I just appreciate Tokyo Revengers for it’s beautiful storytelling, pacing, and composition.
Oct 8, 2023 5:40 AM
May 2023
Time travel is a rare concept for me so I just love it. Takemichi isn't so bad too cuz I know he will get character development even if I don't read the manga.
Oct 8, 2023 11:09 AM
Dec 2021
sangonomiya_k said:

for me i dont think its the time traveling thats the issue its the bitch ass whos crying in our ears every episode whos time traveling
Oct 8, 2023 11:53 AM
Dec 2021
pluginpanda said:
soulresinVEVO said:

there is nothing top tier about tokyo revengers lol. the writing is bottom tier, the animation is bottom tier, the MC is bottom tier.

Hey! the animation is okay. everything else yes
Oct 8, 2023 1:27 PM
Nov 2020
sangonomiya_k said:

The action between the 12 year old cast, way to tackle the real criticism, no one cares about time travel, the clear holes in the time travel that make no sense are annoying, however that’s nothing in comparison to how far you have to suspend disbelief that there 12, why not just make them teenagers and the characters are written poorly, the show is hideously overrated, in the last season there was quite literally a dude that’s motive was physical abuse is love and beat his siblings then got punched once by the weak ass mc with no fight training and everyone starting singing and dancing and making out, like are we watching the same show? This shit is something you’d ironically find 5th graders writing in literary class.
Oct 8, 2023 1:42 PM
Mar 2021
MusashiKarlsefni said:
Because you also have to just say “oh this child just got beat the fuck up, and took multiple lead pipes to the head, and he’s still conscious, let alone alive!!” Every single thing about this anime screams “it doesn’t make sense, just shut your brain completely off and watch a bunch of annoying kids beat the shit out of each other!” which just doesn’t have any appeal to me. Plus that means I have to watch the show through Takemichi’s eyes? This one just isn’t for me, and my issues for it go way past the dumb ass time travel in it.

oh you aint gonna like baki then
Oct 8, 2023 2:08 PM
Negator

Mar 2022
Animeduard said:
MusashiKarlsefni said:

oh you aint gonna like baki then

You’re 100% right, I dropped it a few years ago lol
Oct 8, 2023 2:45 PM
Jul 2023
pluginpanda said:
soulresinVEVO said:

woah. I don't hear people say this about my hero enough.
Oct 8, 2023 2:57 PM
Mar 2023
HaylenGrey said:
I actually like how simple the time travel is until the end where they try to complicate it.

I think some people get confused at how simple it is and call it lazy writing.

no, the lazy writing is how takemitchy learns nothing most of the times he loops and is stupid for the sake of prolonging the story. after watching summertime rendering and how shinpei learns from looping tokyo revengers becomes infuriatingly painful to watch.
Oct 9, 2023 3:36 AM
Nov 2022
Ripperdoc said:

Wow .... A real hater here . I still dislike this ,but I still gave it a 7 .
Oct 9, 2023 4:00 AM

Dec 2021
How can a sane human mind even defend this series is beyond scientific or even philosophical explanation?
I can believe in ghosts and angels but a civilized human being defending such travesty is something that would make even Australopithecus look smarter
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Oct 9, 2023 5:24 AM
Apr 2023
maybe it's because takemichi is having no character development? i personally enjoyed the 1st season but the show gets boring in the 2nd season
Oct 10, 2023 2:03 AM
Aug 2021
Animaticide said:

takemitchy is great character
a character does not need strength to become good
Oct 10, 2023 11:13 AM
Jul 2022
Spoiler warning for the manga!!

In the beginning the time travel was great but (spoiler warning for manga) - In the end it was just Used to end the serie in an rapid way. And that was just bad written. Still an good read .
Oct 12, 2023 8:46 PM
Aug 2015
Reply to EP1C_G4YM3R
soulresinVEVO said:
Ripperdoc said:

There are some moments in Tokyo Revengers when Takemichi is a borderline pedophile, so I’m scared to know how much pedophilia is in Call of the night.
@EP1C_G4YM3R it's all pedophilia. it's about an obviously well over 20 vampire girl and a 14(i believe) year old boy. But japans age of consent is 12, so i guess it's not bad for them. This is honestly likely the main reason foreigners get triggered at anime when they show pedophilia. Since it's really not pedophilia to them. There is literally a whole underground industry of child prostitutes in japan since it's technically legal.
Oct 13, 2023 12:22 PM
Mar 2022
soulresinVEVO said:
@EP1C_G4YM3R it's all pedophilia. it's about an obviously well over 20 vampire girl and a 14(i believe) year old boy. But japans age of consent is 12, so i guess it's not bad for them. This is honestly likely the main reason foreigners get triggered at anime when they show pedophilia. Since it's really not pedophilia to them. There is literally a whole underground industry of child prostitutes in japan since it's technically legal.

Shivers down my spine
Oct 13, 2023 1:58 PM
Aug 2015
Reply to EP1C_G4YM3R
soulresinVEVO said:

Shivers down my spine
@EP1C_G4YM3R yeah tell me about it. Imagine a country where you have teachers involved with sex scandals because they pay for a night with a kid the same age as their students semi-legally(the prostitution isn't legal, just the consensual sex)
Oct 14, 2023 12:22 PM
May 2022
Eddas360 said:
sangonomiya_k said:

for me i dont think its the time traveling thats the issue its the bitch ass whos crying in our ears every episode whos time traveling

LITERALLY WHENEVER THE MCS ARE LIKE THIS ITS SO ANNOYING
Oct 17, 2023 2:40 AM
Jul 2022
I don't think it's the time travel, it's the ending they messed up tbh.
Oct 17, 2023 12:32 PM

Dec 2017
I don't care about the time travel,I accepted it's not supposed to make sense.

What really gets on my nerves is how the characters are in middle school. It makes no sense whatsoever, less sense than the time travel. I'll never understand why they couldn't be in high school or university.

Takemichi is just another average shounen protagonist, but at least he and everyone else are open about him being a little crybaby
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2023 4:12 AM
Jun 2023
sangonomiya_k said:

tbh the time travel thing is Ok compared to the rest of this shit
Nov 5, 2023 9:48 AM
May 2022
ninjjuuxd said:
I don't think it's the time travel, it's the ending they messed up tbh.

REAL xD (character limit)
Jan 30, 11:11 PM
Apr 2023
It seems like the focus of the show isn't primarily on time travel, unlike Steins Gate. Instead, it prioritizes action. So rather than getting caught up in the logic of time travel, viewers can enjoy the excitement of the action-packed storyline.
Jan 31, 3:16 AM
Dec 2017
Because they are a ridiculous ploy that the authors use for simplicity's sake, creating only plot holes and that's it, look at Avenger Endgame, time travel that only created plot holes to resolve what Thanos had done and that's it...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

335 by Captain22 »»
Apr 21, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

250 by Captain22 »»
Apr 19, 3:52 AM

Poll: » I read so many people saying that Takemichi is a pedo and i want to know your opinion

Onii-chanShuki - Sep 29, 2021

30 by Piromysl »»
Apr 2, 10:41 PM

» Worst protagonist ever? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Leon888 - Jan 14

169 by KobayashiChi »»
Mar 19, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

253 by Ryokonoma »»
Mar 10, 11:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.