Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 5, 2023 11:29 PM
Oct 2020
I'm not so sure why this seems to be OK by a lot of people but the other manga is not, especially since this one probably has bigger age gap. Is it because Guard Dog has the guy raising her since she was a child only to fall in love with her later?

But then, not a few people hate Guard Dog for the sole fact that she's underage while he's adult with huge age gap, so the fact that he raised her sometimes seems irrelevance to the controversy. I have not read both, so an explanation would be appreciated.
Oct 6, 2023 12:57 AM
Dec 2021
in reality I do not agree with this age difference, but it is a fiction so everything is allowed within the limits of decency, in both manga even if the age is huge between the two there is a limit of decency and common sense, in ojou to banken kun is a bit more toxic relationship, but keiya tries to be a better person, and tsuiraku jk is the most decent because they are very aware of the position they are in, I recommend both manga are quite good and interesting, especially tsuiraku no jk it's one of my favorite manga😊
Oct 6, 2023 5:19 AM

Feb 2023
RealNath said:
I'm not so sure why this seems to be OK by a lot of people but the other manga is not, especially since this one probably has bigger age gap. Is it because Guard Dog has the guy raising her since she was a child only to fall in love with her later?

But then, not a few people hate Guard Dog for the sole fact that she's underage while he's adult with huge age gap, so the fact that he raised her sometimes seems irrelevance to the controversy. I have not read both, so an explanation would be appreciated.

i believe you should read it and see for yourself, what others like or dislike and consider controversial may be to your liking
Oct 6, 2023 6:25 AM

Jul 2019
Well... you already said why the other is more unacceptable than this one. Both have an age gap that we can't just ignore, but the big problem for me in the other one is the "I raises you since you were a child", like... "I raised my girlfriend, so she would like only me", even in fiction that's something that I particularly can't accept, and also that one have more sexual advance, and the ML is pretty more monopolizing and also a stalker.
In this one you will have a ML that is constantly saving the MC from suicide giving her reasons to live for, and he really don't monopolize the MC at all and in fact add more people to make her life more colorful.
That's my opinion.
                                                        "𝐼 π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’ π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘€π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘‘π‘œ π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ π‘‘π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ β„Žπ‘–π‘š π‘šπ‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘› π‘Žπ‘›π‘¦π‘œπ‘›π‘’ 𝑒𝑙𝑠𝑒..."

Oct 7, 2023 8:21 AM
Mar 2020
Vayze said:
Well... you already said why the other is more unacceptable than this one. Both have an age gap that we can't just ignore, but the big problem for me in the other one is the "I raises you since you were a child", like... "I raised my girlfriend, so she would like only me", even in fiction that's something that I particularly can't accept, and also that one have more sexual advance, and the ML is pretty more monopolizing and also a stalker.
In this one you will have a ML that is constantly saving the MC from suicide giving her reasons to live for, and he really don't monopolize the MC at all and in fact add more people to make her life more colorful.
That's my opinion.

Agreed with what you said. Another element is the dark themes and how they aren’t just brushed over. The male lead here isn’t raising the FL either. They’re both fully aware of the consequences of them dating, and are constantly trying to make it work. The other manga ignores all those consequences.
Oct 8, 2023 12:30 PM

Jul 2020
Just going to add that in A Girl & Her Guard Dog the male lead threatens to kill any guy she talks to, while in Tsuiraku JK he intentionally introduces her to guys her age (even very attractive guys) with similar circumstances to her she she has a support network. JK also calls out Haijin every time he says he will do something creepy with incredible sarcastic quips and it's a great story of people who bond and find support in people with similarly dark pasts. And the dialog is just incredible.
forums signatures? party like it's 2005.
Mar 6, 4:09 PM

Sep 2016
Normies honestly should just explode.

There's no such thing as controversial or unacceptable fiction.

There's fiction done well, fiction done badly, fiction you like, fiction you don't like, and any combination of the four.

Rest is just failed gatekeeping.
bruh

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuiraku JK to Haijin Kyoushi Chapter 103 Discussion

Abyque - Aug 10, 2023

0 by Abyque »»
Aug 10, 2023 9:22 PM

Poll: » Tsuiraku JK to Haijin Kyoushi Chapter 102 Discussion

Abyque - Jul 26, 2023

0 by Abyque »»
Jul 26, 2023 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tsuiraku JK to Haijin Kyoushi Chapter 71 Discussion

Myrga - Aug 30, 2021

6 by Faust_Voncleave »»
Jul 24, 2023 3:50 AM

Poll: » Tsuiraku JK to Haijin Kyoushi Chapter 101 Discussion

Abyque - Jun 29, 2023

1 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Jun 29, 2023 3:51 AM

Poll: » Tsuiraku JK to Haijin Kyoushi Chapter 100 Discussion

Abyque - Jun 1, 2023

0 by Abyque »»
Jun 1, 2023 8:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.