Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 27, 2023 2:18 PM
Dec 2017
GYATyoruichi said:
Leon888 said:
oh well you're so stupid that you don't even notice that I replied to everyone, not just you, lol

well you're stupid for still trying to debate this when the person u just agreed with literally admitted that I was right
What relevance can it have for me if a person agrees with you? In fact, I continue to maintain that you are wrong
Aug 27, 2023 2:26 PM
Dec 2017
GYATyoruichi said:
Leon888 said:
alright you just shoot bullshit, first point is the katana smiths he knows how to infuse poison into katanas, Shinobu has only modified the scabbard to use more types of poison against demons, second because it would be disadvantageous to infuse poison into the blades of other demons slayer ? you increase their chances of winning and although crescent moons are more resistant to poison they are not totally immune to it...there is no valid point why hunters can't use poison on them and Shinobu isn't the only one to knowing how to create it since even Tengen with his wives used poisoned Kunai, so stop saying bullshit that you only look worse lol

oh yeah you're so full of shit the moment u said that. since when could swordsmiths create poison. give me 1 panel or scene from the manga,anime,LN or databooks where that is proven. if ur gonna say shit like that then back it up with source. the only known people in the whole verse capable of creating wisteria poison is shinobu. the only characters known to make any poison at all is shinobu & Tamayo & that's literally it. ur so much in denial that even the people ur agreeing with are agreeing with me whereas ur still staying in denial
hahahaha you keep saying that people agree with you... is that your only argument? lol. If you go to check volume 16 in the extra pages of demon slayer they explain to you that the creator of Shinobu's katana is Techchin Tecchikawahara who created Shinobu's sword precisely so that he could inject poison into his enemies, not to mention that you forget that even Tengen uses wisteria in poisoned kunai, did Shinobu create those too? lol, if you can't read the manga or use your head to reason why are you here to talk bullshit?
Aug 27, 2023 2:29 PM
Dec 2017
BentBlue said:
It's useless the upper ranks regenerate to fast it doesn't even slow them down the advantage of using poison is miniscule. It literally takes only seconds for them to decompose it except for the lower demons that are easy to kill with just a regular sword. It took obscene amounts of poison for Shinubu to weeaken the one she fights. It's just not worth it to even try. It takes everybody and then some to defeat them, the uppermoons are beyond OP!!
Demon slayers don't know that the poison on superior demons is almost ineffective and indeed the poison on Gyutaro worked very well, so much so that Tanjiro was able to keep him down thanks to the poison, so there really is no logical reason why they can't infuse their weapons with poison
Aug 27, 2023 2:32 PM
Dec 2017
chinmay23 said:
Leon888 said:
but this is bullshit, only superior demons are resistant to poison but they too suffer the effects if you infuse them poison continuously, just see Tanjiro who was able to stop Gyutaro with only a poisoned kunai...lol

if the demons are on a weaker level than the upper moons then the hashiras have no problem taking care of them so obviously they would decline taking help from shinobu. Tanjiro using the poison kunai only helped him for a mere seconds and its also because gyutaro was overconfident. Also want to mention that most hashira can be said to be self proclaimed 'strongest' so they would refuse help from any way or they are just too good at their skills and would refuse to use any inferior techniques to demote themselves. Mitsuri and muichiro are oblivious to these things prior to swordsmith village arc
I think it's bullshit honestly to say that they are too strong to use poison, when both Rengoku and Kanao died against a crescent moon... all the more reason they should increase their chances of victory and use poison even if it is not fundamental it could help them even if just a little
Aug 27, 2023 2:39 PM
Dec 2017
MikitoList said:
GYATyoruichi said:

well you're stupid for still trying to debate this when the person u just agreed with literally admitted that I was right
Seems like he was just looking for someone to agree with the same answer he already had in his head before asking the question. 

Also, logically speaking, it would be incredibly stupid to give a controlled substance like that to every rank and file demon slayer, so that once they die, Muzan has access to the poison and will create an antidote for it to make himself and all future demons immune. There goes Shinobu's entire existence as a Hashira. Additionally, Shinobu's weapon and fighting style are literally made for injecting poison into the bloodstream. Normal katana are not made for that. Even if you cut someone there's no guarantee that it will get into the bloodstream. So what, retrain the entire Corps to use weaponry they'll die with anyway? And of course, all the other reasons this forum provided. It sounds like a good idea on paper, but the risk drastically outweighs the potential benefit.
No I was looking for someone to give me a logical answer, not bullshit like poison is useless to them or they don't know how to make it...

Furthermore, Gyutaro already knew of the existence of the poison, so Muzan also had to know it, he could have already created demons immune to this substance if he could in thousands of years that he was alive.
It is true that there is no guarantee that the poison enters the circulation but the opposite cannot be said either, and then who tells you that they cannot create Katanas that can inject poison? They even made a sword-shaped whip for Mitsuri... lol, if this poison benefits demon hunters I see no reason not to
Aug 27, 2023 2:40 PM
Dec 2017
14anime143 said:
they don't use poison for the sake of plot
if the used poison we wouldn't have gotten those amazing fight scenes
looks a bit bullshit though, don't use it for that reason 😂
Aug 27, 2023 2:40 PM
Dec 2017
SAMESOULS_319 said:
They don't use poison because it would be too overpowered 🙂
hahahaha lol they want to give demons a chance to defeat them 🤣
Aug 27, 2023 2:41 PM
Aug 2023
Leon888 said:
but i never understood why demon hunters don't use poison in battle? Although it is not essential it would greatly increase their chances of winning and they could sprinkle it on the blade just like Shinobu did... I really don't understand why the only ones using poison are Shinobu with his sword and Tengen with his Kunais, when everyone could make use of it ?
bruh how is poison killing those monsters? is it actually potent?
Aug 27, 2023 2:42 PM
Dec 2017
Piromysl said:
As some people stated, poison is expensive to produce and stronger demons are more resistant to it. Shinobu is using it because she has little alternative.
An average hasbira simply doesn't need it to defeat a demon that is susceptible to it.
Bah the ubayashi don't have money problems for that matter, moreover the average hashira are at risk of losing against the crescent moons... using it would only have been beneficial for them
Aug 27, 2023 2:42 PM
Aug 2023
Lajnuz said:
The poison is very hard to produce and use. It's also recently discovered and since it is made from visteria flowers, there isn't a good amount of it as well.
Also, this is obviously only my speculation, but if Shinobi just went on and gave the poison to every other demon slayer, she could lose her position as Hashira and therefore have a lower chance of achieving her goal. (Which I won't spoil, since I don't know how far in the story you are)
my memory is already foggy but doesn't shinobu use poison? how did she get poison abilities?
Aug 27, 2023 2:43 PM
Aug 2023
jekfrumstotferm said:
In universe reasoning? Decapitation is more effective. One slice to the neck kills them instantly, while poison puts them on a timer. Shinobu uses it out of necessity, since she doesn’t have the strength to decapitate. Tengen comes from a shinobi family, and his wives are all kunoichi, so they’re all trained to use this kind of equipment.

Actual reason? It makes them more unique.
it's crazy how demon slayer is one of the few shounen explicit with decapitation
Aug 27, 2023 2:47 PM
Aug 2023
GYATyoruichi said:
LucenProject said:
Unless the reason is "insanely hard to make" there isn't a good reason. Even then, every Hashira should have some in case they fight one of the top 12. Separately, they should be like Johnny Appleseed with planting Wisteria everywhere.

the uppers can decompose poison so that's why it's utterly useless to carry poison when u can just behead the demon
"the uppers can defuse poison" they can? when was that shown? (my memory is foggy)
Aug 27, 2023 2:53 PM
Aug 2023
GYATyoruichi said:
baymaxemon said:

spoil me! idc about ds spoiler.

Aug 27, 2023 2:56 PM
Dec 2022
Leon888 said:
GYATyoruichi said:

What relevance can it have for me if a person agrees with you? In fact, I continue to maintain that you are wrong

cool I don't rly care anymore. it's crazy that ur still talking about this topic 30 hours later
Aug 27, 2023 2:56 PM
Aug 2023
BentBlue said:
It's useless the upper ranks regenerate to fast it doesn't even slow them down the advantage of using poison is miniscule. It literally takes only seconds for them to decompose it except for the lower demons that are easy to kill with just a regular sword. It took obscene amounts of poison for Shinubu to weeaken the one she fights. It's just not worth it to even try. It takes everybody and then some to defeat them, the uppermoons are beyond OP!!
is it ever explained how they decompose it?
Aug 27, 2023 2:58 PM
Dec 2022
Leon888 said:
GYATyoruichi said:

oh yeah you're so full of shit the moment u said that. since when could swordsmiths create poison. give me 1 panel or scene from the manga,anime,LN or databooks where that is proven. if ur gonna say shit like that then back it up with source. the only known people in the whole verse capable of creating wisteria poison is shinobu. the only characters known to make any poison at all is shinobu & Tamayo & that's literally it. ur so much in denial that even the people ur agreeing with are agreeing with me whereas ur still staying in denial
hahahaha you keep saying that people agree with you... is that your only argument? lol. If you go to check volume 16 in the extra pages of demon slayer they explain to you that the creator of Shinobu's katana is Techchin Tecchikawahara who created Shinobu's sword precisely so that he could inject poison into his enemies, not to mention that you forget that even Tengen uses wisteria in poisoned kunai, did Shinobu create those too? lol, if you can't read the manga or use your head to reason why are you here to talk bullshit?

yeah the creator of the katana not the poison smarty. shinobu creates the poison so if anything u proved urseld wrong
Aug 27, 2023 3:00 PM
Dec 2022
Leon888 said:
GYATyoruichi said:

all u did was prove that shinohu has a swordsmith & that shinobu indeed makes the poison. good on you. u proved urself wrong & ur still going to disagree with ur own words now LMAO but I won't be arguing anymore as it's been 30 hours & you're still stuck in denial
Aug 27, 2023 3:02 PM
Dec 2022
CoomeroNumeroUno said:
GYATyoruichi said:

the uppers can decompose poison so that's why it's utterly useless to carry poison when u can just behead the demon
"the uppers can defuse poison" they can? when was that shown? (my memory is foggy)

Aug 27, 2023 3:03 PM
Dec 2022
CoomeroNumeroUno said:
GYATyoruichi said:

no that's before. like I said earlier. the only reason it worked later is cuz her body contained alot more poison than her sword did
Aug 27, 2023 3:06 PM
Aug 2023
GYATyoruichi said:
CoomeroNumeroUno said:

no that's before. like I said earlier. the only reason it worked later is cuz her body contained alot more poison than her sword did
Aug 27, 2023 3:10 PM
Dec 2022
CoomeroNumeroUno said:
GYATyoruichi said:

maybe I personally don't remember it ever being explained why
Aug 27, 2023 5:37 PM

May 2021
Leon888 said:
MikitoList said:
Seems like he was just looking for someone to agree with the same answer he already had in his head before asking the question. 

Also, logically speaking, it would be incredibly stupid to give a controlled substance like that to every rank and file demon slayer, so that once they die, Muzan has access to the poison and will create an antidote for it to make himself and all future demons immune. There goes Shinobu's entire existence as a Hashira. Additionally, Shinobu's weapon and fighting style are literally made for injecting poison into the bloodstream. Normal katana are not made for that. Even if you cut someone there's no guarantee that it will get into the bloodstream. So what, retrain the entire Corps to use weaponry they'll die with anyway? And of course, all the other reasons this forum provided. It sounds like a good idea on paper, but the risk drastically outweighs the potential benefit.
No I was looking for someone to give me a logical answer, not bullshit like poison is useless to them or they don't know how to make it...

Furthermore, Gyutaro already knew of the existence of the poison, so Muzan also had to know it, he could have already created demons immune to this substance if he could in thousands of years that he was alive.
It is true that there is no guarantee that the poison enters the circulation but the opposite cannot be said either, and then who tells you that they cannot create Katanas that can inject poison? They even made a sword-shaped whip for Mitsuri... lol, if this poison benefits demon hunters I see no reason not to

What do you mean Gyuutarou already knew about the poison? He had his own poison from his own BDA. Snake venom is different from bee venom. Poison isn’t universal lol. Muzan doesn’t have access to Shinobu’s poison, because any demon she has fought has died and disintegrated.

And like I said before, creating a weapon that can specifically and effectively inject poison into the bloodstream, would require a completely different fighting style, and would require anyone who uses it to be retrained. Which could take months to years. For a survey corps that is already spread incredibly thin, that isn’t a good idea, especially when it won’t be very effective anyway, and like I pointed out before, Shinobu’s entire fighting style would eventually become completely useless. It also risks demons becoming immune to Wisteria in general, since that is something they can’t even go near, and fodder corps members dead bodies would have it in an enclosed casing. Do you recall the Tanjiro vs Rui fight? Tanjiro couldn’t even cut him until he started using Hinokami. And Tanjiro was already much stronger than most rank and file demon slayers. How would the fodder demon slayers utilize poison, when they can’t even scratch the demons that are stronger than them? And if the demon were on their level or weaker, simply decapitating them would be the most effective and common sense method.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Aug 28, 2023 5:07 AM
Jul 2017
CoomeroNumeroUno said:
Lajnuz said:
The poison is very hard to produce and use. It's also recently discovered and since it is made from visteria flowers, there isn't a good amount of it as well.
Also, this is obviously only my speculation, but if Shinobi just went on and gave the poison to every other demon slayer, she could lose her position as Hashira and therefore have a lower chance of achieving her goal. (Which I won't spoil, since I don't know how far in the story you are)
my memory is already foggy but doesn't shinobu use poison? how did she get poison abilities?

She doesn't have poison abilities. She is very well studied in how to make and mix the poison. since she isn't strong enough to cut off a demon's head, she has a special sword sheath where she mixes the poison and infuses it in the sword
Aug 28, 2023 5:14 AM
Aug 2022
Poison is for weaklings who can't settle a death blow. Lol you expect Wind and Stone hashiras or even Yoriichi to use poison? That's an insult. 
Aug 28, 2023 9:35 AM

Mar 2023
Yeah that sucks! they should have used poisons!
e
Aug 31, 2023 9:18 PM
Nov 2016
They can probably mass-produce the poison and give it to everyone but a weaker Demon Slayer won't do much with the poison since they won't be able to cut the skin of a stronger Demon and worse, the Demon can take that poisoned blade to Michael Jackson and he will create a cure for it and the future Demons that he creates afterward will be immune to the poison.

So in my opinion, the only decent solution would be to give poison-infused blades to all the Hashiras, They are strong enough to get the job done and it will increase their chance of survival against an Upper Moon, while it's true that a strong Upper Moon will survive the poison they aren't completely immune from it either, it takes some time (or seconds) for their bodies to create the anti-bodies for the poison but those "extra seconds" may help de Hashira last longer in that battle, the Flame Hashira would probably have a better chance against Akaza with some poison in his blade, however, the downside is that if the Flame Hashira dies then Akaza will be completely immune to that poison afterward since his body will have enough time to create the cure.

So I guess giving poison blades to all the Hashiras can be good and bad, but I do believe it increases their chances of survival, those "extra seconds" that the poison will provide could be what decides the battle. Or maybe they decided that having poison in their weapons wouldn't help, otherwise, they would have asked Shinobu to imbue their weapons with poison.
Jan 3, 9:24 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to GYATyoruichi
LucenProject said:
GYATyoruichi said:

and I'm telling u that adding poison to them would be utter bs & useless

None of your supporting arguments actually supported that point. They supported beheading is great poison because poison is decomposed and beheading is greater than poison because poison techniques used to fight towards beheading can unlock red sword.

But you didn't explain clearly that poisoning to get an easier (not easy, just easier) opening for beheading isn't a viable strategy. That's why I asked about decomposition time and effect poison has before complete decomposition. Further, unless using poison then beheading actually reduces the chance of getting red sword, it doesn't have any disadvantage compared to beheading without poison either.

It's fine for you to tell whatever you want, but in discussion expect need to actually, and appropriately, back up your assertions.

easy. poison is for fodder demons. useless for stronger demons. when I say useless I mean it. it's stupid to waste so much material just for it to have no effect on stronger demons. once again no matter how u twist this argument u will never give a valid reason why it's better for others to use poison. not to mention there's no one but shinobu who knows how to make wisteria poison so if anyone wanted to use wisteria poison they wouldn't know how to do that + shinobu wouldn't help them since she quite literally doesn't have the time for that since she's been working on a different thing all these years. so yeah. 2 reasons. it's useless & there's no one to make the wisteria poison
@GYATyoruichi shinobu can teach an underling how to create poison, who can be a dedicated poison creator then? It feels all the characters are dumbass lacking any of common sense.
Jan 4, 5:14 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to MikitoList
Leon888 said:
MikitoList said:

What do you mean Gyuutarou already knew about the poison? He had his own poison from his own BDA. Snake venom is different from bee venom. Poison isn’t universal lol. Muzan doesn’t have access to Shinobu’s poison, because any demon she has fought has died and disintegrated.

And like I said before, creating a weapon that can specifically and effectively inject poison into the bloodstream, would require a completely different fighting style, and would require anyone who uses it to be retrained. Which could take months to years. For a survey corps that is already spread incredibly thin, that isn’t a good idea, especially when it won’t be very effective anyway, and like I pointed out before, Shinobu’s entire fighting style would eventually become completely useless. It also risks demons becoming immune to Wisteria in general, since that is something they can’t even go near, and fodder corps members dead bodies would have it in an enclosed casing. Do you recall the Tanjiro vs Rui fight? Tanjiro couldn’t even cut him until he started using Hinokami. And Tanjiro was already much stronger than most rank and file demon slayers. How would the fodder demon slayers utilize poison, when they can’t even scratch the demons that are stronger than them? And if the demon were on their level or weaker, simply decapitating them would be the most effective and common sense method.
@MikitoList you are pure denialism, the poison would benefit demon hunters, there is no reason why they shouldn't use it and you still continue with the bullshit of they have to learn to fight with it... damn what a clown you are 🤣
Jan 4, 5:15 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to i-loathe-sasuke
Poison is for weaklings who can't settle a death blow. Lol you expect Wind and Stone hashiras or even Yoriichi to use poison? That's an insult. 
@i-loathe-sasuke Absolutely yes, the wind hashira also used his blood to poison demons 🤣
Jan 4, 5:27 AM
Aug 2022
Reply to Leon888
@i-loathe-sasuke Absolutely yes, the wind hashira also used his blood to poison demons 🤣
@Leon888 holy shit for real??!! damn disappointed
Jan 6, 4:37 PM

Aug 2019
The in-universe reason is probably that creating the poison in the first place would take a lot of work, and just slicing off a demon's head usually kills them anyway. But the out-of-universe reason is that the series wouldn't have been that action-packed if every character just used poison to kill demons.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2019

201 by skatensleep »»
Yesterday, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2019

216 by skatensleep »»
May 9, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2019

220 by skatensleep »»
May 9, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

318 by ArreolaAn9el »»
May 8, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2019

227 by Atavistic »»
May 7, 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.