Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 15, 2023 7:59 AM

Oct 2019
I loved season 1 of the anime.

but season 2... not so much. why you ask?

The plans went from hard to believe, to comically stupid. and half of them relied on basically super human abilities to work. 

half the mini arcs and side characters felt like a waste of time, but sherlock and Moriarty felt underdeveloped for the finale. so it too much spend time on things that did not matter, while forgetting to spend time on things that do matter.

and on top of that, even the useless arcs felt rushed.

and to top all of this off, the final plan was probably the dumbest one that worked purely because the author wanted it to work, and even the point of it, that was barely made to begin with, was ruined by moriarty and sherlock somehow both surviving.

but again....

I did REALLY like season 1. 

season 2 had that one backstory episode with the court that I also really liked.

so based on all this, should I read the manga?
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Aug 15, 2023 9:41 AM

Mar 2023
Well, I completely agree with your thoughts on the reveal of the secondary characters. It was not only uninteresting, but also rather useless, as if they were not part of the main plot, but some filler inserts. The same "James Bond" was given a fair amount of screen time, but was deliberately forgotten about after the reveal.

The development of the relationship between Moriarty and Sherlock seemed succinctly finalized to me, but still really unrevealed. There were a few more moments missing when they confront each other, "unaware" of their true intentions. I like this duo :)

The sequel, by the way, which continues in the manga, also seems pointless to me, it spoils the final arc of the anime adaptation.
Aug 15, 2023 9:49 AM
Aug 2021
Omarumba said:
Well, I completely agree with your thoughts on the reveal of the secondary characters. It was not only uninteresting, but also rather useless, as if they were not part of the main plot, but some filler inserts. The same "James Bond" was given a fair amount of screen time, but was deliberately forgotten about after the reveal.

The development of the relationship between Moriarty and Sherlock seemed succinctly finalized to me, but still really unrevealed. There were a few more moments missing when they confront each other, "unaware" of their true intentions. I like this duo :)

The sequel, by the way, which continues in the manga, also seems pointless to me, it spoils the final arc of the anime adaptation.

The manga isn’t a sequel it’s a continuation of part 1. The anime changed the final arc so that they could quickly wrap it up and make it not conclusive. It’s impossible for the manga to spoil the anime when it is the source material lol
Aug 15, 2023 9:50 AM
Apr 2021
The anime skipped like half of the chapters and rushed or changed the other half.

If you don't like the rushed feeling of the anime, then the manga is very much superior.

If you want more Sherlock and Moriarty, you will find lots of unadapted scenes of them in the manga.

If you don't want the backstories and arcs of the side cast, in the manga there will only be more of that. (There are even some characters in the manga, who were cut out from the anime completely)

The unrealistic scenes are pretty much the same in anime and manga.

The ending of season 2 is kind of anime only, because the manga continues differently. Sherlock and William still both survive, but it isn't some miracle survival and they suffer from its consequences:
<!spoiler they were rescued and provided medical care by Americans, but William was in a coma for months and is disabled now spoiler!>

The manga continues after the final problem arc with how the people around Sherlock and William have changed after that incident and what happened to Sherlock and William after their "deaths".
There even is supposed to be a part 2 of the manga in the future, but nobody knows what it will be about.

That's all the answers I can give you. You have to decide, whether to read or not, on your own.
Aug 15, 2023 9:53 AM
Aug 2021
The rest of the manga is actually a continuation of part 1 of the story that was adapted in season 1 and 2. The last scene in season 2 where they see each other at the bar is completely different than what actually happens, they just wanted to make the anime conclusive. The rest of the manga basically shows what happens to William and Sherlock after the bridge situation and in the years following it and how the side characters are doing. I’d say the rest of the chapters are worth the read because Sherlock and Williams characters (mostly William) get significant development and the side characters do get to shine a bit more. Also idk about how you’re feeling in regards to Liam and Sherlock as a ship but like….it sails in the manga lol
Aug 15, 2023 9:58 AM

Mar 2023
kakashis_sidehoe said:
Omarumba said:

The manga isn’t a sequel it’s a continuation of part 1. The anime changed the final arc so that they could quickly wrap it up and make it not conclusive. It’s impossible for the manga to spoil the anime when it is the source material lol
In the manga, the bridge arch is not the final one like in the adaptation, that's what I'm talking about.
You're right, the manga can't ruin the anime, but it can ruin the positive emotions after watching the anime, which is what happened in my example.
Aug 15, 2023 10:03 AM

Oct 2019
Schalonym said:
The anime skipped like half of the chapters and rushed or changed the other half.

If you don't like the rushed feeling of the anime, then the manga is very much superior.

If you want more Sherlock and Moriarty, you will find lots of unadapted scenes of them in the manga.

If you don't want the backstories and arcs of the side cast, in the manga there will only be more of that. (There are even some characters in the manga, who were cut out from the anime completely)

The ending of season 2 is kind of anime only, because the manga continues differently. Sherlock and William still both survive, but it isn't some miracle survival and they suffer from its consequences:
<!spoiler they were rescued and provided medical care by Americans, but William was in a coma for months and is disabled now spoiler!>

The manga continues after the final problem arc with how the people around Sherlock and William have changed after that incident and what happened to Sherlock and William after their "deaths".
There even is supposed to be a part 2 of the manga in the future, but nobody knows what it will be about.

That's all the answers I can give you. You have to decide, whether to read or not, on your own.
I wouldn't mind the side stories and extra characters so much, if they actually added something to the overall plot.

but it felt like the story could have functioned perfectly without them. is the manga like that too?
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Aug 15, 2023 10:20 AM
Apr 2021
APolygons2 said:
Schalonym said:

I wouldn't mind the side stories and extra characters so much, if they actually added something to the overall plot.

but it felt like the story could have functioned perfectly without them. is the manga like that too?

I can't really judge, whether it will feel unimportant to the overall plot for you.

But especially in the case of Moran, his backstory is a very important thing if you want to really understand his character and his relationship with William. After all, this relationship is kind of an important part of the plot during and after the final problem arc.

And the whole MI6 plot was removed in the anime, only referenced in a completely different context in the last episode, even though it is important and probably will be in part 2 of manga
Aug 15, 2023 10:22 AM
May 2023
kakashis_sidehoe said:
Omarumba said:

you have a point the manga explains the story that is well paced but the anime tried rushing things too much ,like they literally went and "killed"both Sherlock and Liam but later gave us a glimpse that both of them ended up in Switzerland and not america like it was mentioned in the manga
furthermore they completely ignored the arcs where Sherlock helps m16
so the manga is worth reading if you ask me
Aug 15, 2023 11:14 AM
Aug 2021
Alicorn14_8 said:
kakashis_sidehoe said:

you have a point the manga explains the story that is well paced but the anime tried rushing things too much ,like they literally went and "killed"both Sherlock and Liam but later gave us a glimpse that both of them ended up in Switzerland and not america like it was mentioned in the manga
furthermore they completely ignored the arcs where Sherlock helps m16
so the manga is worth reading if you ask me

Ikr I kind of understand that they wanted to just make a satisfying enough but they definitely could’ve done it better. I don’t really understand why they didn’t just make a third season or even a movie to wrap things up.
Aug 15, 2023 5:15 PM
Sep 2015
I still enjoyed pt 2 but it was rushed but reading the manga and just finished vol 12 and it's a lot better paced would defo recommend

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty Chapter 7 Discussion

Chouninatte - Dec 21, 2020

3 by Virtecek »»
Mar 3, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty Chapter 4 Discussion

eMITrACk - Dec 9, 2017

2 by Virtecek »»
Mar 3, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty Chapter 1 Discussion

Flamexes - Jul 20, 2019

5 by Dr_Bakemono »»
Feb 6, 10:34 PM

» Moriarty on hiatus ??

Tsunamii_ - Nov 13, 2022

5 by Alexioos95 »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty Chapter 10 Discussion

Chouninatte - Dec 22, 2020

2 by Danae »»
Nov 24, 2021 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.