Forum Settings
Forums

Regarding the registration of favorite works of anime

New
Jul 9, 2023 7:31 PM

Mar 2021
Regarding the registration of favorite works of anime

Regarding the registration of favorite works of anime, there was a person who registered a work that he had not yet seen because he had seen and liked other works in that series, so he would probably like this one as well, even though he had not seen it.

I think people should definitely watch at least one episode of a work before adding it to their favorites
I wonder if I am the only one who feels uncomfortable...
kihelJul 10, 2023 1:18 AM

Jul 9, 2023 11:13 PM

Feb 2020
What do you mean by "how it would be as a favorite work"?
Jul 10, 2023 1:15 AM

Mar 2021
mazuchi said:

I wanted to say how can one person judge a work as a favorite if they have not even seen it?

I am from a country where English is not spoken on a daily basis, so apologies for the poor translation. I stand corrected.

Jul 10, 2023 2:49 AM

Feb 2020
kihel said:
mazuchi said:

I wanted to say how can one person judge a work as a favorite if they have not even seen it?

I am from a country where English is not spoken on a daily basis, so apologies for the poor translation. I stand corrected.
Don't worry about it.

I don't think you can know if a work is a favorite without watching it. Maybe he watched it but just didn't add it to his list?
Jul 10, 2023 7:11 AM

Sep 2010
kihel said:

Maybe they like the art style or music of the anime. Or they have seen clips of it but not the whole anime.
Jul 10, 2023 8:02 AM

Jun 2011
kihel said:

They can't.
Jul 10, 2023 8:19 AM

Feb 2022
Probably the horny consoomer lol a pic's all they need to know what they'll like. Pretty cursed still, or they just read the manga.
Jul 10, 2023 5:06 PM

Mar 2021
mazuchi said:
kihel said:

Don't worry about it.

I don't think you can know if a work is a favorite without watching it. Maybe he watched it but just didn't add it to his list?

I checked in the comments to see if she had seen it and she said she had not. Others asked the same question and she gave the same answer, so she must not have seen it.

This anime movie started to be released in Japanese cinemas in June, and there is no video distribution or international release of the movie.

The PV and OP video are on youtube, but there is no indication that she herself has seen the full work yet. She seems to be collecting spoilers and information, though.

She herself has not seen it yet, but it is on her list of favorite anime. As someone who has actually seen the work, I am strangely unconvinced.

Jul 10, 2023 5:11 PM

Mar 2021
ateks said:
kihel said:

Maybe they like the art style or music of the anime. Or they have seen clips of it but not the whole anime.

She likes the series, so you are right, she seems to like the art style and music of the anime.

She's also watching clips and PVs on youtube. She's also actively collecting information on spoilers. However, I'm sure she hasn't seen the full first part. It's an anime movie that just started to be released in Japan in June. I saw it last week and the day before yesterday, so I'm even more inclined to say that if you really like the series, you should watch it before adding it to your favorites.

Jul 10, 2023 5:18 PM

Mar 2021
Narmy said:
kihel said:

They can't.

Well, I guess you're right...

My friend who pointed it out didn't seem to think it was odd that I would put it on my favorites list when I hadn't seen it, so I was worried that my feeling was, in fact, odd.

So I wanted to hear what others thought. I feel a little clearer now. Thanks.

Jul 10, 2023 5:32 PM

Mar 2021
ChouunShiryuu said:
Probably the horny consoomer lol a pic's all they need to know what they'll like. Pretty cursed still, or they just read the manga.

You are very perceptive. Are you a detective?

A friend of mine who includes a work in the title of his favorite anime seems to look for feedback from people who have seen the work, or look at images from movie pamphlets and other sources, even though he has not actually seen the work. They also seem to check out trailers and OP videos on YouTube.

Since the original manga has long since been completed, they seem to have read all of the manga.

He seems to have put anime in his favorites based on photos, some images, information from others, and the contents of the manga. As a matter of fact, the day before yesterday, I paid to see a work at the cinema and I told my MAL friend that I know she likes the work, but she should watch it all the way through before adding it to her favorites, but I don't think she understood me well, so I will consider my friend an excited consumer, as you said.

Jul 11, 2023 8:29 AM

Feb 2022
kihel said:
ChouunShiryuu said:

You are very perceptive. Are you a detective?

A friend of mine who includes a work in the title of his favorite anime seems to look for feedback from people who have seen the work, or look at images from movie pamphlets and other sources, even though he has not actually seen the work. They also seem to check out trailers and OP videos on YouTube.

Since the original manga has long since been completed, they seem to have read all of the manga.

He seems to have put anime in his favorites based on photos, some images, information from others, and the contents of the manga. As a matter of fact, the day before yesterday, I paid to see a work at the cinema and I told my MAL friend that I know she likes the work, but she should watch it all the way through before adding it to her favorites, but I don't think she understood me well, so I will consider my friend an excited consumer, as you said.

haha, detective work's kind of ryo-san's domain, but i thought so. A lot of dudes when you ask them if they saw the anime they're like "yeah, yeah..." when they've just read the manga cause they're just casually talking and not scoring or adding favs, so even if the anime is different, for the sake of casual convo they can still talk casual plot points. But when you're scoring them or adding them to favs, the quality factor kicks in and your perception of their quality is wildly different which makes the list look strange.

Even if they're an excited customer or don't want to see the show again, at least it's worth seeing a couple eps to make out if it's better or worse than the manga, sometimes things you dislike start looking really good in anime. I've seen quite a few friends do it over the years too lol

More topics from this board

» Introduce a "lost media" tag to titles

_cjessop19_ - Mar 22

6 by Kwanthemaster »»
4 hours ago

» Sort list by date added

Profaneprayer - Mar 12, 2019

17 by Alexioos95 »»
10 hours ago

» Way of setting all titles to the English version by default

skyblade743 - Apr 9

5 by skyblade743 »»
11 hours ago

» Blocked function is kinda poor?

zech - Yesterday

4 by JKKH »»
Yesterday, 6:01 PM

» Remove Ignored Topics From Recent Anime Discussion Panel

PlasticRobot - Mar 23

2 by PlasticRobot »»
Yesterday, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.