Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 27, 2023 11:58 AM
Mar 2021
Prolly 7,5 or 8. The audio is great maybe it's because i'm using headphone (wh1kxm5). i still feel sorry for Asta bcs you gus knows that Tabata sensei love yuno so much. Yuno is Tabata's golden boy, if you guys are checking BC fanbase in IG or other social media people says the real MC of BC is yuno not Asta and i agree with it. People really want Asta to get a buff, be taller, be the number one since he's the MC, take the harem route etc.
Jun 27, 2023 3:23 PM
Jun 2021
Gave it an 8, great animation, enjoyed the story too. But, and it’s silly, but I found the characters had grown up, matured, whatever and become a lot more badass and I kinda missed their silly old selves.
Jul 1, 2023 12:17 AM
Oct 2021
HagePotPotato said:
Kaydenbhai said:

same. i also gave 6/10. non canon shit infuriated me asf

Upset that it was non-canon even though we knew it would be non-canon?

(even though technically it's being turned into manga canon)

bro my friend legit told me it would be 100% canon loke after the events of episode 170. He said it's officially confirmed but now its non canon that's why I'm pissed. Well asode from being non canon, the story is straight up shit too. unnecessary cringe dialogues made it unbearable to watch. it got 6 from me just coz of fighting animations otherwise i would have given it much lower ratings
Jul 1, 2023 10:00 AM
Oct 2019
Kaydenbhai said:
HagePotPotato said:

Upset that it was non-canon even though we knew it would be non-canon?

(even though technically it's being turned into manga canon)

bro my friend legit told me it would be 100% canon loke after the events of episode 170. He said it's officially confirmed but now its non canon that's why I'm pissed. Well asode from being non canon, the story is straight up shit too. unnecessary cringe dialogues made it unbearable to watch. it got 6 from me just coz of fighting animations otherwise i would have given it much lower ratings
I think 6/10 is fine. It's a score within what I believe to be a reasonable "range". (I've seen people give it 3s, 2s, and 1s, and I think that's just stupid.)

But I don't think you should blame BC for your friend giving you wrong info or for not verifying it yourself. Also, I believe it happens between episodes 157-158 (before the start of the Spade arc), if you still weren't sure. Idk how it could be after episode 170 and be canon when none of the Spade characters are in the promotional materials. *shrug*

And it *is* canon *now*. There is a new manga volume for it.

The "story" is fine. It's mostly the same "story" as the Elf Reincarnation Arc. They just didn't have enough time to properly develop the characters and their backstory due to it being a movie instead of a 30-episode arc...

It wasn't a flawless movie, but it largely entertained me despite a couple shortcomings (1. Repetitive good guy vs bad guy dialogue,  2. Insufficient 4 wiz kings backstory).

Like, how hard would it have been to take 5-10 minutes away from a fight, and instead of Conrad saying "oppression, discrimination, everything must burn"for the 37th time, and Asta annoyingly responding - every time - with "you're crazy. I don't understand you. That's wrong, " maybe they could've had Conrad say what happened to him while fighting Asta. Show us flashbacks, actual flashbacks not just a single image of his wife. Hell, they could've done it a myriad of ways. Maybe when Conrad had Julius locked up and gave him that front row seat, Conrad could've gone on a rage tangent where the studier gets to learn his backstory. Just something. 

It could've been a great movie... That said, Jester and Princia's fights, and Conrad's metamorphosis still entertained me quite a bit. And despite moments of really mediocre dialogue, Asta actually had some great lines/recalls (1. Conrad offers Asta the title of next Wizard King but Asta repeated the line Julius told him and Yuno when they first met the wizard king in episode ~18, that "you aren't handed the title of wizard king, you earn with your merits", 2. The speech he gave in the golden dawn cave when everybody was afraid and about to give up; with that fantastic ost music in the background, 3. When Conrad called Julius a failure and Asta defended him by comparing him to the first Wizard King, saying they both sacrificed their lives to protect the Kingdom).

If you actually read all that, I apologize. I got carried away. 
Jul 8, 2023 8:35 PM
Jul 2021
8/10 well the story wasn't the strongest but it had a lot of action with amazing visuals and sound track i think i was just happy to see some black clover after all these years it was fun seeing the characters again.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover: Mahou Tei no Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KayKimii - Jun 16, 2023

212 by Poolhopel »»
Apr 17, 9:51 PM

» Can we get more MOVIES ?

HP445 - Sep 30, 2023

15 by Foreall908 »»
Oct 6, 2023 2:59 AM

» Continuation of the anime?

vaedeer - Dec 1, 2022

41 by vaedeer »»
Sep 30, 2023 12:50 PM

Poll: » Yami was nerfed?

Gonryo_Spectrum - Jul 9, 2023

12 by Scordolo »»
Jul 23, 2023 12:45 AM

» Lackluster story ( 1 2 )

Melody8I8 - Jun 16, 2023

52 by DollFishu »»
Jul 3, 2023 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.