Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2023 10:10 PM

Jan 2012
So we're introduced to Higurashi this time, a police officer who works one day every four years, sleeping away the rest. I guess it's worth it considering his special powers. That's a pretty fun gimmick for a character, I gotta say, and I liked the episode. But mostly I'm left wondering how consistently he was used both here and in the manga. This anime ran until 2003 so he should have appeared in another episode in the year 2000. The manga went from 1976 to 2016, I think. That's 40 years. Assuming he was introduced in the first year he should have had ten appearances. I'd be damn impressed if that actually was the case. I wonder too if long-time readers took note and looked forward to his annual appearances ala fans of the Olympics. Maybe one day I'll find out.

More topics from this board

» Help: Kochikame filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 10

1 by Kaito_14d »»
Mar 11, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Kochira Katsushikaku Kameari Kouenmae Hashutsujo Episode 99 Discussion

Ranxomare - Feb 29

0 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 29, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Kochira Katsushikaku Kameari Kouenmae Hashutsujo Episode 98 Discussion

Ranxomare - Dec 3, 2023

0 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 3, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Kochira Katsushikaku Kameari Kouenmae Hashutsujo Episode 97 Discussion

Ranxomare - Nov 16, 2023

0 by Ranxomare »»
Nov 16, 2023 2:20 AM

Poll: » Kochira Katsushikaku Kameari Kouenmae Hashutsujo Episode 96 Discussion

Ranxomare - Nov 14, 2023

0 by Ranxomare »»
Nov 14, 2023 9:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.