Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Café Terrace and its Goddesses
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 17, 2023 9:06 AM

Jul 2015
I think that this goes further than just a comic relief, because her being completely braindead is not even funny anymore and it actually transcended into an antagonistic force by causing an actual issues to Hayato.
She literally seems to have a mentality of a five year old with her usage of toys, referring and trying to replicate moves from video games, throwing tantrums and other things. Her stupidity doesn't steem from being a dorky goofball but rather immaturity and lack of understanding of things she should already know at this point. We are yet to see her receiving her own episode, so is it possible that she is just mentally ill? I could see this happening, because that condition would be nothing funny and she was never funny.
PiromyslJun 17, 2023 9:18 AM

Jun 17, 2023 9:18 AM
Mar 2020
Piromysl said:
I think that this goes further than just a comic relief, because her being completely braindead is not even funny anymore and it actually transcended into an antagonistic force by causing an actual issues to Hayato.
She literally seems to have a mentality of a five year old with her usage of toys and referring and trying to replicate moves from video games amongst other things. Her stupidity doesn't steem from being a dorky goofball but rather immaturity and lack of understanding of things she should already know at this point. We are yet to see her receiving her own episode, so is it possible that she is just mentally ill? I could see this happening, because that condition would be nothing funny and she was never funny.

a word of advice , don't go looking for any sort of logic in a harem ecchi .

she is the classic airhead genki girl we see em quite often
Jun 17, 2023 9:27 AM

Apr 2016
Bruh ... shes an anime girl.

In a harerm ...
Jun 17, 2023 9:38 AM
Mar 2023

off topic to what this guy is talking about in this thread, but its pretty interesting how massive the divide is regarding Ami, people either absolutely love her or absolutely hate her from what I have seen, you either have people saying she's funny or that she's annoying. Some manga readers even go far to say that she's their favorite character. 

wonder if this will change with the coming of season 2, cause I hear from manga readers that its most likely around that time where she will be receiving her own dedicated chapter/episode if a second season comes to fruition.
Jun 17, 2023 9:39 AM
Jan 2022
Piromysl said:
She literally seems to have a mentality of a five year old with her usage of toys, referring and trying to replicate moves from video games, throwing tantrums and other things. Her stupidity doesn't steem from being a dorky goofball but rather immaturity and lack of understanding of things she should already know at this point. We are yet to see her receiving her own episode, so is it possible that she is just mentally ill? I could see this happening, because that condition would be nothing funny and she was never funny.

Yo. It's me, the guy who started writing bs out of nowhere. As you said the intention behind my comments was nothing but to troll you. You may have found me obnoxious, but I had a good reason behind it, which I am going to elaborate now.

I have seen you write sentences like "Bad bait, better luck next time" or "I assume you are just trolling" in forums for quite some times now, so I decided to give you a taste of your own medicine by writing the same unreasonable bs. It tasted bitter right? Every time a MAL user states an opinion to which you don't agree, you write such sentences. Why? I would understand you, if the stated opinion is attacking or discriminating others, but that isn't the case here, especially in Demon Slayer forums, when someone critically judges the animation or in Vinland Saga S2 forums when others say they didn't like the talk-no-jutsu from Thorfinn to Canute. You seem like a DS fanboy, which is completely fine with me, but still no reason to make such braindead comments and to degrade other's opinions. 

Your own medicine tasted so bad for you, that you reported my comments and stopped giving replies. I hope you learned your lesson this way and you stop acting like a cool guy ridiculing and provoking other people's opinions.

Peace.✌
Jun 17, 2023 9:43 AM
Feb 2022
o boy well i dont fucking know
Jun 17, 2023 10:01 AM

Nov 2021
She do be pretty annoying tbh
Jun 17, 2023 10:04 AM

Jul 2015
Swagernator said:

In a harerm ...

Harems tend to have some sort of character writing, especially since Blue Thing's stupidity seems to be deliberate and anything but generic. This is not plotless SOL or CGDCT.

Jun 17, 2023 10:14 AM

Jul 2015
Hexical said:

off topic to what this guy is talking about in this thread, but its pretty interesting how massive the divide is regarding Ami, people either absolutely love her or absolutely hate her from what I have seen, you either have people saying she's funny or that she's annoying. Some manga readers even go far to say that she's their favorite character. 

wonder if this will change with the coming of season 2, cause I hear from manga readers that its most likely around that time where she will be receiving her own dedicated chapter/episode if a second season comes to fruition.

This is not particularly a hate thread.
Just what the fcuk is wrong with her? Is there any depth to her character or is it just terrible comic relief?

Jun 17, 2023 10:42 AM
Jun 2022
to me she's the funniest character in the show and best girl, along with akane
Jun 17, 2023 2:35 PM
Oct 2022
Piromysl said:
Swagernator said:

In a harerm ...

Harems tend to have some sort of character writing, especially since Blue Thing's stupidity seems to be deliberate and anything but generic. This is not plotless SOL or CGDCT.

“Some sort of character writing”

Well for Ami the author kinda just scribbled “dumbass” on a napkin and called it a day. That shit happens sometimes
Jun 17, 2023 4:08 PM

Sep 2011
Really tired of the "It's a harem anime bro.  Don't expect things to make sense." defense.  Just because a lot of harem anime are trash doesn't mean we should ignore the good ones and not criticize the bad ones.  
Jun 17, 2023 7:18 PM
Mar 2022
Ami is the the main comedic character. She’s the muscle head, the weird one, and the genki girl most shows split that up to different characters. So she goes from one type to another type so she’s never stops and acts normal.
Jun 18, 2023 12:13 AM
Sep 2021
you're looking too deep into things lol
Jun 23, 2023 12:21 AM

Jul 2014
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Really tired of the "It's a harem anime bro.  Don't expect things to make sense." defense.  Just because a lot of harem anime are trash doesn't mean we should ignore the good ones and not criticize the bad ones.  

I definetely agree with this one, there are quite plenty of good harem ecchi anime out there with better characters, people criticize a certain character in niche genre should not be hanged for their insight or debunked for no proper reason immediately without giving them a chance to start a discussion for the topic they created.

I feel OP legit just being curious even if some of their words sound offensive for some people..
Jun 23, 2023 9:11 AM
Feb 2022
Crocospect22 said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

I definetely agree with this one, there are quite plenty of good harem ecchi anime out there with better characters, people criticize a certain character in niche genre should not be hanged for their insight or debunked for no proper reason immediately without giving them a chance to start a discussion for the topic they created.

I feel OP legit just being curious even if some of their words sound offensive for some people..

Good harem and better character are subjective
Period
Jun 23, 2023 9:45 AM

Jan 2018
I'm a manga reader and Ami is my fav girl of the manga by far. I don't pick my favs based on who makes the best waifu but rather who I enjoy most, and I think Ami is simply just the most fun girl who brightens up every scene she is in and doesn't just simp for Hayato. I do think her comedy simply works better in the manga. She also gets her own arc later on which I enjoyed a lot.

Meanwhile I find Akane kinda... boring? There's not much to her character after her arc. She's easy to like initially because everyone else starts out insufferable before they develop and she's the first girl to get her arc. But after a while she kinda stagnated for me and was surpassed by a more complex and interesting Riho and a more fun Ami.
Feb 25, 6:09 AM

Apr 2013
She definitely seems a bit too stupid for her age, but I think she's just very goofy. She seems to understand a lot of adult topics at least.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best girl.

CheliosX - Oct 22, 2023

23 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 23, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2023

123 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 23, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2023

63 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 23, 6:58 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2023

40 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 23, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2023

57 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 23, 5:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.