Forum Settings
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 10, 2023 12:25 AM
Aug 2021
I have 2 questions:
1.Can I start the manga instead of the ln?Will I miss anything by doing so?
2.How many chapters to go before the manga finishes adapting index?
Jun 10, 2023 8:41 PM
Jul 2021
To answer your first questions, yes, you can, and yes, you will. Several LN parts are left out of the manga. Index is on it's third series now and Kamachi brings things back from way earlier in the timeline occasionally. I can't say how important what you miss will be to the overall story, but you're probably just fine with the manga and getting into the books if you want to later.

For the second, there are probably not too many more to wrap up OT. I'm hoping they keep going into NT with the manga since it's not clear if it will ever be animated. NT is the best of all To Aru in my opinion.
Jun 11, 2023 4:42 AM
Oct 2020
The manga skips the second and fourth arc, I know that much.
So if you’re gonna read the manga then at least also read volumes 2 and 4 of the light novel.
Jun 11, 2023 6:14 AM
Jan 2023
don't read the manga for these few reasons
1. The Manga isn't done with the old testament (the first 22 series of light novels) and us 3/4 done of old testament so your missing out alot of content and even then it hasn't adapted the rest of the 31 volumes (counting NT And GT)
2. The art is ridiculously bad and ruins character designs, which makes it look like it was drawn on flip a clip sometimes
3. The manga skipped arcs (Angel Fall and the deep blood arc), so you're still not getting the full story
just read the LN 1000x better than both the anime and manga, and you're not missing out. You can download it using Jnovels šŸ˜—

More topics from this board

» Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 04 Discussion

KitsuFrost - Apr 25

0 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 25, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 03 Discussion

Playcool - Oct 22, 2018

6 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 23, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 2 Discussion

-DxP- - Feb 25

1 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 20, 2:44 PM

» 20th Anniversary discussion

khoisharky - Apr 9

3 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 10, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 01 Discussion

Playcool - Oct 10, 2018

6 by -DxP- »»
Jan 7, 4:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.