Forum Settings
Forums

Ah, I see... I thought she was a loli, but she was actually just a billion years old woman who was cursed to forever look like a little girl. Sorry, my mistake.

New
Jun 9, 2023 8:18 PM
May 2023
Have you ever made some dumb mistake when talking about anime, and just revealed how misinformed you actually are?

Enjoy in thread.
Jun 9, 2023 8:27 PM

Oct 2014
There's definitely been some I've misjudged. If it's in a fantasy anime they could be any age, though. You have characters like Filo from Shield Hero or Vanilla and Chocola from Nekopara who are under a year old and you also have characters like the 7000 year old Kanna from Maid Dragon or the 10 million+ year old Muromi-san who all look in the same ballpark age wise.

It's actually weirder in non-fantasy stuff, like the mom from Masamune-kun or the older sister from Kashiwagi-san. Just because it's set in a world without magic doesn't mean it's safe to assume ages.
Jun 9, 2023 8:32 PM

Oct 2018
Well, if she looks like a loli, she is a loli.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jun 9, 2023 8:42 PM

Nov 2018
Phosphophyllita said:
Well, if she looks like a loli, she is a loli.

Wait, what? Is that really a thing? I mean do people even know where the term loli comes from? It's got nothing to do with looks and everything to do with age. I used to date a chick in her early twenties that would have been beyond pissed if somebody called her a loli just because she was petite and looked five years younger than she was.
Jun 9, 2023 8:47 PM

Jul 2019
For me, their personality and behavior make a pretty big difference.

Like Shinobu from Monogatari acts more like someone who is 500+ years old, there is a maturity about her, so I buy it, and it doesn't really bother me at all, even with fanservicey momens, I don't see her as a kid, but as an adult. But someone like Kanna, despite being 1000s of years old, still acts like a preschooler, so it's much weirder and more uncomfortable.
Jun 10, 2023 5:01 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
No.. I remember some of the things from every single anime I've watched..
I may get the spelling wrong but I don't think I would embarrass myself like that...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Will we ever get a anime cross over as big as the MCU?

Old_School_Akira - 42 minutes ago

6 by Old_School_Akira »»
3 minutes ago

» Good characters trapped in bad series.

Anjuro - 56 minutes ago

3 by Anjuro »»
6 minutes ago

» Opposite sex AND same sex characters you most relate to

IpreferEcchi - 3 hours ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
18 minutes ago

» Secondary characters

JoeChip - 3 hours ago

15 by JTRAnimeNewb »»
35 minutes ago

» What filters do you use while browsing MAL?

Dije - 1 hour ago

4 by 23feanor »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.