Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 7, 2023 5:47 AM
Sep 2022
So this have actually been in my mind for a while now, I watched fate zero back when it aired but i didn't bother to know the studio behind the animation and ngl the visual effects were outstanding. But What I didn't like was the art style and artwork, like it looked super generic and some CGI looked pretty bad, I didn't bother watching the second season when it aired cuz the story didn't interest.
Then when Demon Slayer came and I was like "WOW this art style and artwork looks magnificent" every frame was wallpaper worthy cuz of how the art style looked like an illustration. Then suddenly everybody was like "ufotable is the GOAT of animation" i wondered how they were the GOAT when only one of the work looks great. Then I saw some people saying that fate was also made by ufotable and the animation is better than Demon Slayer's, and that's why I remembered about fate and that it was also made by ufotable. i then went back to watch every single fate adaptation by ufotable and AGAIN they didn't look as good as kny. Why?
1.The CGI in fate is exaggerated.. it looks bad IMO
2.The fight scenes are mostly just sparkles of light with no actual choreography.. they don't bother to do any hand drawn effects except the character models unlike Demon Slayer which has perfect balance with visual effects and choreography and also has perfect hand drawn effects like the breathing techniques and many more.
3. The art style got the most generic looking art style of all time.. like man, when the camera is focused on the sides of the characters their mouth proportions looks weird and their hairs is awfully transparent like most generic looking animes. Demon Slayer looks artistic, it has it's own style of animation, the drawings of the characters, clothing e.t.c are the most detailed artwork I've ever seen.
4. Choreography.. like I said fate mostly lacks choreography, just like in the movie trilogy, all the fights were just *blasts blasts blasts*

The only time that CGI looked bad in Demon Slayer was that time that the Mugen train tipped and crashed... Yeah maybe I'm being biased cuz maybe Ds looks better cuz it was adapted from a manga. Nobody was actually talking about ufotable (atleast not that much) till Demon Slayer was adapted.
Just like fate it's same as their other works, they all have that generic looking art styles and over visual effects with no actually choreography.

Note: I hope I didn't offend anybody, you can drop your opinions in the comments.

Edit: lmao it looks like a lot of fate fans are mad for no reason and kny haters are already jumping on me. Well it's okay... It was to be expected since DS is one of the most popular animes of all time, of course the haters would come around. Understand the post first before commenting trash, sheesh dumb trolls all over this sitešŸ¤¦‍ā™‚ļø.

Tl;Dr: ufotable's animation ain't that great, Kny is their only work that looks well polished.
StaxrexJun 8, 2023 4:30 AM
Jun 7, 2023 10:11 AM
Feb 2021
Everything you said also applies to Demon Slayer
Jun 7, 2023 10:15 AM

Jan 2021
nah not really lol
salad77Jun 7, 2023 8:29 PM
Read the visual novel nerd
Jun 7, 2023 10:36 AM

Jul 2021
I disagree, Fate's fight choreography is good
Saber vs berserker, Alt Saber vs Rider, Shirou vs Gilgamesh etc
and Demon slayer has worse CGI especially this S3,
At least you can actually see the fights in fate
have u seen the recent demon slayer épisodes ?

also a lot of people knew Ufotable before Demon Slayer, anime is just more mainstream now that it feels no one was talking about them before 2019
Cestlavie_Jun 7, 2023 10:42 AM
Jun 7, 2023 10:44 AM
Dec 2021
fate/zero came out in 2011 (cgi has come a long way since then) and still has better animation than a lot of modern anime. demon slayer looks great animation wise, but the story and characters are very dull compared to fate/zero. also, watching fate/zero for the animation is a mistake because it has the best story and characters in the entire franchise. fate/zero also has some great choreography (saber vs lancer and kirei vs kiritsugu come to mind). fate/stay night ubw (it’s one of the sequels to fate/zero) definitely has the best choreography out of ufotable fate, saber vs archer (x2), saber vs assassin, archer vs shirou, archer vs lancer, saber vs lancer just to name a few, as well as better animation than fate/zero and a great story. the heaven’s feel movies have excellent animation and cgi, i don’t know what you’re talking about with bad cgi. choreography in fights like saber alter vs rider and lancer vs assassin look great. another thing is that fate isn’t about how well a servant can fight with a sword (especially since only half(ish) of servant classes use melee weapons), it’s about the unique powers and abilities each servant has. fate is also adapted from light novels and visual novels, so it’s a lot more difficult to choreograph fights. also how is fate’s artstyle generic? the masters are generally just normal people? servants like saber, archer, and gilgamesh look awesome.

it’s cool though, fate is one of my favorite franchises and i felt the need to defend it
jabot925Jun 7, 2023 10:51 AM
Jun 7, 2023 10:46 AM
Dec 2022
You came here just to hate on a 10/10 animation movie?
Jun 7, 2023 10:54 AM
Feb 2022
god damm here we go agen
Jun 7, 2023 11:41 AM
Dec 2020
Can anyone give me a tldr,aint reading all of those
Jun 7, 2023 12:04 PM

Jan 2021
jabot925 said:
fate/zero came out in 2011 (cgi has come a long way since then) and still has better animation than a lot of modern anime. demon slayer looks great animation wise, but the story and characters are very dull compared to fate/zero. also, watching fate/zero for the animation is a mistake because it has the best story and characters in the entire franchise. fate/zero also has some great choreography (saber vs lancer and kirei vs kiritsugu come to mind). fate/stay night ubw (it’s one of the sequels to fate/zero) definitely has the best choreography out of ufotable fate, saber vs archer (x2), saber vs assassin, archer vs shirou, archer vs lancer, saber vs lancer just to name a few, as well as better animation than fate/zero and a great story. the heaven’s feel movies have excellent animation and cgi, i don’t know what you’re talking about with bad cgi. choreography in fights like saber alter vs rider and lancer vs assassin look great. another thing is that fate isn’t about how well a servant can fight with a sword (especially since only half(ish) of servant classes use melee weapons), it’s about the unique powers and abilities each servant has. fate is also adapted from light novels and visual novels, so it’s a lot more difficult to choreograph fights. also how is fate’s artstyle generic? the masters are generally just normal people? servants like saber, archer, and gilgamesh look awesome.

it’s cool though, fate is one of my favorite franchises and i felt the need to defend it

small nitpick
but zeros story and characters are prob not even top 5 in the franchise lol
Jun 7, 2023 1:57 PM

Aug 2014
Dinxama said:
Can anyone give me a tldr,aint reading all of those

He thinks that Demon Slayer has the best animation and fight choreography while Fate series done by Ufotable aren't as good as Demon Slayer.
Jun 7, 2023 2:09 PM

Apr 2022
Why is there only morons on this forum
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Jun 7, 2023 2:54 PM

Oct 2021
Can't believe someone actually think ds has better choreography than fate.

I guess fight scene is indeed subjective after all.
Jun 7, 2023 3:13 PM

Jul 2021
I'm not going to defend Fate saying that it's good by any means, but the comparison between Fate and DS following your points is absurd.
For Uzui vs Gyuutarou particles and the choreography is pure blow, there is not much to defend.
The use of cgi in Fate is the same as in DS, used for stages (almost no DS stages are in 2d) and occasionally on creatures in both situations.
Fate's art is the one it has always had (being better than in the VNs), I don't want to talk about personal tastes but Kara no Kyoukai is basically the same style as Fate, same creator; the style of DS is not that shiny either, although it is beautiful, which is undeniable.
Regarding the difference in quality, it is also due to the budget. Fate is famous but a DS movie is going to gross more than triple what a Fate movie does, that's why budget and animation quality are put in (as well as tons of cgi in both cases). Easy designs make it easier to animate the series, that's why in demon slayer if you combine the designs and the cgi scenarios the time used to animate the characters and combats is increased
asas
Jun 7, 2023 5:01 PM

Apr 2022
definitely not, i much prefer fate's generic art style because i like how the characters are regular sized like normal people unlike how almost everyone in kimetsu looks short, it's so weird. and the cgi wasn't great but kimetsu's cgi doesn't look any better, especially in s3 with the dragons and fish. what makes it worse is that it's 2023 and kimestu s3's cgi still looks bad. fate's choreography is much better as well, i mean saber alt vs rider alone hard clears every kimestu fight so far, like you put it; kimestu's fights are just *slash slash slash*
so if ufotable has any work with 10/10 animation, then it's either UBW or one of the heaven's feel movies.
Jun 7, 2023 6:02 PM

Aug 2020
??

You are saying this in movie 3? With like arguably THE best choreographed fight in the franchise of Rider vs. Saber Alter next to Kiritsugu vs Kirei?

Just say you are a zoomer without saying you are a zoomer.
Keep scrolling
Jun 7, 2023 6:38 PM

Aug 2020
Oh wait, I just realized you are are talking about Demon Slayer and choreography in the same sentence.

Dude. The fights in KnY ALL use and focus more on graphical effects than choreography, even compared to Fate HF lmao. Just cus movie 2 and 3 of HF make Saber spam beams (that look better than Demon Slayer's GFX btw), doesnt mean that its all just pretty lights like "muh breathing techniques" are.
Keep scrolling
Jun 7, 2023 6:43 PM

Jan 2021
There isn't an Ufotable work that is a 10/10 in animation.

Leaving that aside, Fate is better animated than Kimetsu no Yaiba.
Jun 7, 2023 7:11 PM
May 2018
Ngl i only watch KnY for Tanjiro dancing sakuga. The rest of the series is mid-okay ish.
Jun 7, 2023 10:08 PM
Nov 2020
Everthing that was literally just said, legitimately applies to DS. I don’t know why DS fans have this superiority complex, knowing Ufotable is the only thing keeping the series relevant, DS story is the middle ground; not bad, but definitely not anything amazing.

Fate’s character design is literally Type-Moons design, Ufotable is literally following the design.

This whole argument is stupid, there’s not one good point to be made.
Jun 7, 2023 11:14 PM
Aug 2019
EdgyLord666 said:
Can't believe someone actually think ds has better choreography than fate.

I guess fight scene is indeed subjective after all.

zoomers, man ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
Jun 8, 2023 2:10 AM
Dec 2016
This is either just trollbait, or the dumbest take I've seen in a long time: you DO know that ufotable can only make the animation quality in their works look good, and not the character designs etc, which the original manga (in KnY's case) or visual novel (for Fate/Stay Night) creators are responsible for?

If the FSN designs look generic to you now, it's mostly only because the visual novel is 2 decades old at this point - nothing to do with ufotable at all, who did a STELLAR job animating the source material, warts & all.
Jun 8, 2023 3:14 AM
Apr 2022
you have to be blind to say that, fate movies are on the top of the animation ladder
Jun 8, 2023 7:38 AM
May 2021
nope

fate Heaven's Feel movies have best ufotable animation and damn you didn't like fate/Zero?!
Jun 8, 2023 7:47 AM

Jan 2021
Its your opinion and if you think that Kny has better animation than Fate HF then it's fine but I would disagree with you because I think that HF movies are still just slightly better than Kny. Maybe the next season (or the last couple of episode of this season) will change my mind. Also zero came out more then 10 years ago. It still looks better than 99% anime coming nowadays.

And I just read your tldr and completely disagree with ufotable animation ain't that great. It's literally the best out there.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jun 8, 2023 8:24 AM
Feb 2022
Staxrex said:
So this have actually been in my mind for a while now, I watched fate zero back when it aired but i didn't bother to know the studio behind the animation and ngl the visual effects were outstanding. But What I didn't like was the art style and artwork, like it looked super generic and some CGI looked pretty bad, I didn't bother watching the second season when it aired cuz the story didn't interest.
Then when Demon Slayer came and I was like "WOW this art style and artwork looks magnificent" every frame was wallpaper worthy cuz of how the art style looked like an illustration. Then suddenly everybody was like "ufotable is the GOAT of animation" i wondered how they were the GOAT when only one of the work looks great. Then I saw some people saying that fate was also made by ufotable and the animation is better than Demon Slayer's, and that's why I remembered about fate and that it was also made by ufotable. i then went back to watch every single fate adaptation by ufotable and AGAIN they didn't look as good as kny. Why?
1.The CGI in fate is exaggerated.. it looks bad IMO
2.The fight scenes are mostly just sparkles of light with no actual choreography.. they don't bother to do any hand drawn effects except the character models unlike Demon Slayer which has perfect balance with visual effects and choreography and also has perfect hand drawn effects like the breathing techniques and many more.
3. The art style got the most generic looking art style of all time.. like man, when the camera is focused on the sides of the characters their mouth proportions looks weird and their hairs is awfully transparent like most generic looking animes. Demon Slayer looks artistic, it has it's own style of animation, the drawings of the characters, clothing e.t.c are the most detailed artwork I've ever seen.
4. Choreography.. like I said fate mostly lacks choreography, just like in the movie trilogy, all the fights were just *blasts blasts blasts*

The only time that CGI looked bad in Demon Slayer was that time that the Mugen train tipped and crashed... Yeah maybe I'm being biased cuz maybe Ds looks better cuz it was adapted from a manga. Nobody was actually talking about ufotable (atleast not that much) till Demon Slayer was adapted.
Just like fate it's same as their other works, they all have that generic looking art styles and over visual effects with no actually choreography.

Note: I hope I didn't offend anybody, you can drop your opinions in the comments.

Edit: lmao it looks like a lot of fate fans are mad for no reason and kny haters are already jumping on me. Well it's okay... It was to be expected since DS is one of the most popular animes of all time, of course the haters would come around. Understand the post first before commenting trash, sheesh dumb trolls all over this sitešŸ¤¦‍ā™‚ļø.

Tl;Dr: ufotable's animation ain't that great, Kny is their only work that looks well polished.

have forgotten the fact that fate ubw and zero was made in 2014 and 2011 respectively and ds started in 2019.
Jun 8, 2023 10:48 AM
Mar 2021
Bait post ..........................
Jun 8, 2023 3:10 PM
Dec 2020
didn't read cry somewhere elsešŸ—æ
Jun 9, 2023 11:00 AM
Feb 2022
I'm not even gonna join in on all of that, but IMO it's all a matter of preference. Heavens Feel, Babylonia, and Camelot were all beautiful to me.
Jun 10, 2023 9:46 PM
Dec 2021
salad07 said:
jabot925 said:

small nitpick

i liked zero’s the best :)
Jun 11, 2023 5:39 AM

Jan 2021
jabot925 said:
salad07 said:

small nitpick

i liked zero’s the best :)

thats great to hear
Jun 17, 2023 12:10 AM
Sep 2022
Guys, this is probably a baitpost.
Jan 14, 6:11 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Ionliosite2
There isn't an Ufotable work that is a 10/10 in animation.

Leaving that aside, Fate is better animated than Kimetsu no Yaiba.
@Ionliosite2 Kara No Kyoukai exist

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - III. Spring Song Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Aug 15, 2020

518 by TheFelipex »»
Apr 16, 4:45 PM

» Do this whole movie happens in alternate timeline ? anyone could do explain breifly

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 28

9 by Mugiwarayaa___ »»
Mar 31, 11:11 AM

» I liked all of it but didn't understand the ending

Beauty123 - Apr 8, 2021

14 by Mugiwarayaa___ »»
Mar 29, 4:46 AM

» Do you hate Sakura?

Stacias - Jul 20, 2022

46 by LANARp-0470 »»
Mar 16, 5:42 AM

Poll: » How do you feel about sakura? ( 1 2 )

Clar_00 - Mar 4, 2022

59 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 14, 8:33 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.