May 28, 2023 4:26 AM

Jan 2009
new PV airing july 8, 2023
youtube PV https://youtu.be/m_i2PinZ_X4
twitter PV https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1662783058343342080

OP and artist https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1662780496839933953

new KV aka key visual https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1662783556232564736

tsubasalover said:
Airing on Saturdays at 23:00 (instead of Mondays at 24:00 / Tuesdays at 0:00 a.m. for first cours) JST via TV Tokyo starting July 8, 2023
additional casts
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/526347
degMay 28, 2023 5:28 AM
May 28, 2023 4:31 AM
Jun 2022
yeah the trailer already looks gorgeous 😍
May 28, 2023 4:36 AM

Jan 2013
This gonna be so fucking epic
May 28, 2023 4:39 AM

May 2023
AotY 2023 will be airing on July 8

May 28, 2023 4:42 AM

Jan 2019
Shinji's Bankai looks great, holy shit.
That wasn't in the manga.
May 28, 2023 4:43 AM

Jan 2009
neffst3r said:
Shinji's Bankai looks great, holy shit.
That wasn't in the manga.

ye Shinji did not show his bankai on the manga too so this is good bonus content
May 28, 2023 4:47 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Oof, that was good! Parallel between Ishida and Ichigo, seems very fitting. 

Can't wait!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 28, 2023 5:27 AM

Nov 2007
New PV
New Key Visual
additional casts
Airing on Saturdays at 23:00 (instead of Mondays at 24:00 / Tuesdays at 0:00 a.m. for first cours) JST via TV Tokyo starting July 8, 2023
OP: "STARS" by w.o.d.
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/526347

ED: "Endroll" by Yoh Kamiyama
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/530215
tsubasaloverJun 25, 2023 3:13 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 28, 2023 5:43 AM

May 2012
A LOT of Can't Fear Your Own World elements are in this trailer.

- BANKAI SHINJI
- THE ORIGINAL SIN (multiple frames of the mutilation)
May 28, 2023 6:13 AM

Jan 2019
k11chi said:
A LOT of Can't Fear Your Own World elements are in this trailer.

- BANKAI SHINJI
- THE ORIGINAL SIN (multiple frames of the mutilation)

Some people are saying Tokinada is in the trailer but I'm still unsure if it's him.
May 28, 2023 6:25 AM

May 2023
Trending on Twitter right now

Shinji:

TheBladeIsMeMay 28, 2023 7:10 AM
May 28, 2023 6:29 AM

May 2012
It's hard to tell if Tokinada is there.
May 28, 2023 7:07 AM
May 2015
Barely looks changed from the manga, and this was by far one of the worst parts in the series. I really can’t wait until this whole project ends so we can finally move on from this series.
May 28, 2023 7:48 AM

May 2023
ShamankinguYoh said:
Barely looks changed from the manga, and this was by far one of the worst parts in the series.

>Soul King flashbacks which indicate greater lore and worldbuilding revelations, if not straight up incorporation of content from the Can't Fear Your Own World LN sequel (which you haven't read and thus will not comprehend the value of to the Bleach narrative) into the next 3 cours (especially the third and fourth, when the worlds begin to crumble).
>Entirely brand new scenes in the trailer like the Sternritters inside Aizen's palace
>Every fight is being extended, backed by state-of-the-art audiovisuals and direction
>New fight involving Shinji's Bankai
>Looks even better than cour 1, as was anticipated
>Already looks better than MAPPA's soulless JJK

If you were expecting a complete revision of the plot then I don't know what to tell you; your expectations were retarded.

ShamankinguYoh said:
I really can’t wait until this whole project ends so we can finally move on from this series.

Who's "we"? I notice you orbit the Bleach threads constantly seething about this series, yet you seem incapable of putting it down, even rereading the manga multiple times. Why is that? You aren't even the target demographic of this anime, this is for new and veteran existing fans of the series. Bleach is not for you.

This franchise isn't going anywhere after the new adaptation either. CFYOW is potentially set to receive an anime adaptation, the Hell arc will continue, Burn the Witch will continue, etc and you will consume them all. I'll be seeing you in the future.
May 28, 2023 7:48 AM
Oct 2022
ShamankinguYoh said:
Barely looks changed from the manga, and this was by far one of the worst parts in the series. I really can’t wait until this whole project ends so we can finally move on from this series.

shinji's bankai,tokinada in the trailer,the original sin and im not even gonna start on the added scenes but according to the naruto fanboy over here barely anything changed you really are obsessed with the series aren't ya?legit everytime talking shit bout it go watch smth else then ya clown
May 28, 2023 7:54 AM
Oct 2019
Shinji Bankai? 
HYPED!!!
May 28, 2023 8:08 AM

Jan 2019
TheBladeIsMe said:
ShamankinguYoh said:
Barely looks changed from the manga, and this was by far one of the worst parts in the series.

>Soul King flashbacks which indicate greater lore and worldbuilding revelations, if not straight up incorporation of content from the Can't Fear Your Own World LN sequel (which you haven't read and thus will not comprehend the value of to the Bleach narrative) into the next 3 cours (especially the third and fourth, when the worlds begin to crumble).
>Entirely brand new scenes in the trailer like the Sternritters inside Aizen's palace
>Every fight is being extended, backed by state-of-the-art audiovisuals and direction

If you were expecting a complete revision of the plot then I don't know what to tell you; your expectations were retarded.

ShamankinguYoh said:
I really can’t wait until this whole project ends so we can finally move on from this series.

Who's "we"? I notice you orbit the Bleach threads constantly seething about this series, yet you seem incapable of putting it down, even rereading the manga multiple times. Why is that? You aren't even the target demographic of this anime, this is for new and veteran existing fans of the series. Bleach is not for you.

This franchise isn't going anywhere after the new adaptation either. CFYOW is potentially set to receive an anime adaptation, the Hell arc will continue, Burn the Witch will continue, etc and you will consume them all. I'll be seeing you in the future.
Dude is a pain in the ass, always making sure to shit on everything new Bleach-related.
I remember him talking nonsense in Part 1 threads while it was airing lmao, probably just mad a series he hate is back on spotlight again.
May 28, 2023 8:14 AM
Dec 2022
TheBladeIsMe said:
ShamankinguYoh said:

Can never look better than CSM though cope, and sajin's bankai CGi looks atrocious, Ps1 CGI lmao, repeated loop animation cgi hollows and skeltons lmao gloss over everything, looks bad ngl
May 28, 2023 8:31 AM

Aug 2019
The trailer looked good, but I'm still dreading these episodes since this cour is adapting my least favorite part of the arc. Also while I'm glad that we're indeed getting Shinji's Bankai in this series, I can't help but feel salty that we never saw it in the manga. Also I really hate that shot of the Sternritter sitting down at that table since it's basically a rip-off of the Espada table scene; it doesn't even feel nostalgic, it just feels like a tacky way of reminding people of something that Aizen and the Espada did so much better.
May 28, 2023 8:38 AM

Jun 2017
I think this will be even more boring than the previous season.
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
May 28, 2023 8:42 AM

May 2023
Makimawoof said:
TheBladeIsMe said:

Can never look better than CSM though cope, and sajin's bankai CGi looks atrocious, Ps1 CGI lmao, repeated loop animation cgi hollows and skeltons lmao gloss over everything, looks bad ngl
Nah, you can stop forcing this (actual) cope of bad CGI in Bleach already because most CSMshills have jumped ship at this point after the series proved to be a failure in all fronts. If Bleach looks better than JJK then it's obviously superior to CSM, since JJK is objectively 10x better than it and MAPPA knows it. Dogshit directing, bad voice acting, forgettable sound, censorship, actual PS1 CGI, janky fan-animations for every fight etc etc; the production failed miserably to try and save the nonexistent story and atrocious dialogue. All the budget went into Aki's morning routine lol.
May 28, 2023 8:44 AM

May 2023
Early_Morning said:
The trailer looked good, but I'm still dreading these episodes since this cour is adapting my least favorite part of the arc. Also while I'm glad that we're indeed getting Shinji's Bankai in this series, I can't help but feel salty that we never saw it in the manga. Also I really hate that shot of the Sternritter sitting down at that table since it's basically a rip-off of the Espada table scene; it doesn't even feel nostalgic, it just feels like a tacky way of reminding people of something that Aizen and the Espada did so much better.
It wasn't just fanservice, it was to show the complete and utter conquest of the Hollow race.

May 28, 2023 8:47 AM

May 2023
neffst3r said:
TheBladeIsMe said:

Dude is a pain in the ass, always making sure to shit on everything new Bleach-related.
I remember him talking nonsense in Part 1 threads while it was airing lmao, probably just mad a series he hate is back on spotlight again.
He's a N*ruto fan, so it's not surprising at all. I've noticed that shounen fans (especially FMAB shills and OP fans, and CSMtards before MAPPA endangered them by the end of the 12 weeks) have been on suicide watch ever since the premiere of TYBW because it shattered everyone's expectations for the series not just in quality but also in popularity and critical acclaim with one of the most artful adaptations in the medium. Bleach has been resurrected and revitalised and it terrifies them with envy.
TheBladeIsMeMay 28, 2023 8:52 AM
May 28, 2023 8:51 AM

Jan 2019
DreadfulControl said:
So... Part 1 was boring? Good thing that's just what you think.
Some people think the Earth is flat, too.

Early_Morning said:
Gotta agree with that one tho, I don't even remember that frame from the manga, pretty sure it's anime original. However, I'm happy to see more interaction between the Sternritter, which is a issue I believe the manga had and it seems it'll get solved in the anime.
May 28, 2023 9:03 AM

Jun 2017
neffst3r said:
DreadfulControl said:
So... Part 1 was boring? Good thing that's just what you think.
Some people think the Earth is flat, too.

Early_Morning said:
Gotta agree with that one tho, I don't even remember that frame from the manga, pretty sure it's anime original. However, I'm happy to see more interaction between the Sternritter, which is a issue I believe the manga had and it seems it'll get solved in the anime.

I'm now compared to flat-earthers. Great.
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
May 28, 2023 12:46 PM

Oct 2021
Shinji's Bankai was the best part of the trailer, I'm glad he seems to have a bigger role in the anime.
May 28, 2023 3:15 PM
Feb 2021
TheBladeIsMe said:
AotY 2023 will be airing on July 8

There’s already Peakland Saga with one the top three arcs of all time, but after it yeah it’s definitely Bleach. Next year for the people with taste it’s gonna be the fifth season of Kingdom
May 28, 2023 3:16 PM
Feb 2021
Makimawoof said:
TheBladeIsMe said:

CSM is sush a clumsy attempt at emulating Hollywood. TYBW is how you adapt a manga properly
May 28, 2023 3:29 PM

May 2012
Yeah this looks insane...
May 28, 2023 5:56 PM

Jun 2014
More peak incoming, this and JJK are going to carry Summer. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 28, 2023 6:06 PM
Jan 2018
TheBladeIsMe said:
ShamankinguYoh said:

I can’t tell if you’re trolling or not but I’m honestly baffled by your last point and somewhat doubting your point before that.

Compared to jjk s1, bleach has more ambitious compositing and an overall better aesthetic. I’d even go as far as to say it has higher peaks in terms of direction. Animation wise, jjk was far more consistent and its peaks are up there with bleach’s too.

Compared to the jjk s2 PVs shown so far tho, you couldn’t be any more wrong. Vastly improved aesthetic which while simpler, is just as strong as bleach’s but without the negatives that bleach compositing had in cour 1 (going overboard on the hand drawn effects for example). I don’t want to use the PVs as a way to compare the animation itself but I’ve yet to see a single cut in this new PV that has matched the highs of JJK’s PV (but I’ll give bleach the benefit of the doubt because it didn’t show any of the big fights like gremmy vs kenpachi).

Ideally we should all be able to watch both shows without comparing them to each other in a negative light but somehow that’s expecting too much from people.

Regarding your second to last point. Yoshihiro kanno left after cour 1 and damn near every well-animated action scene from s1 (outside of the ones involving hiroyuki yamashita) was because of him. So obviously you can see how his departure would negatively affect cour 2. His replacements aren’t too hot either so there’s that too. We’ll just have to hope that they found some solid action animators for the second cour.
May 28, 2023 6:20 PM

May 2015
ShamankinguYoh said:

Nah this part is still pretty gas. Won't be as tightly written as Cour 1 but there's a lot of fights which are enjoyable and should be good material. It's the material just after this where the writing becomes questionable.

May 28, 2023 6:21 PM
Sep 2020
TheBladeIsMe said:
ShamankinguYoh said:

ShamankinguYoh said:

LMFAO dude you can love and apreciate this trailer and bleach as a series but in one sentence you talk about state of the art animation and stuff and in the other you say it looks better than mappa's "soulless" jjk???
As someone thats anticipating both its just so stupid seeing this kind of behaviour from fans of both series specially when both have very good people working on them...
For sure you were one of those people saying that bleach's animation was going to be better than csm and we know how that turned out even if you accept it or not because someone that talks about state of the art animation for sure knows about that stuff, right?? Going by this lets see if you dont set yourself up for dissapointment again.
Oh and grow up
May 28, 2023 6:23 PM
Sep 2020
TheBladeIsMe said:
Makimawoof said:
Nah, you can stop forcing this (actual) cope of bad CGI in Bleach already because most CSMshills have jumped ship at this point after the series proved to be a failure in all fronts. If Bleach looks better than JJK then it's obviously superior to CSM, since JJK is objectively 10x better than it and MAPPA knows it. Dogshit directing, bad voice acting, forgettable sound, censorship, actual PS1 CGI, janky fan-animations for every fight etc etc; the production failed miserably to try and save the nonexistent story and atrocious dialogue. All the budget went into Aki's morning routine lol.

The thing is bleach is stiff as hell compared to jjk how are you going to refute that??
May 28, 2023 6:28 PM

May 2015
ovo4 said:
TheBladeIsMe said:

I can’t tell if you’re trolling or not but I’m honestly baffled by your last point and somewhat doubting your point before that.

Compared to jjk s1, bleach has more ambitious compositing and an overall better aesthetic. I’d even go as far as to say it has higher peaks in terms of direction. Animation wise, jjk was far more consistent and its peaks are up there with bleach’s too.

Compared to the jjk s2 PVs shown so far tho, you couldn’t be any more wrong. Vastly improved aesthetic which while simpler, is just as strong as bleach’s but without the negatives that bleach compositing had in cour 1 (going overboard on the hand drawn effects for example). I don’t want to use the PVs as a way to compare the animation itself but I’ve yet to see a single cut in this new PV that has matched the highs of JJK’s PV (but I’ll give bleach the benefit of the doubt because it didn’t show any of the big fights like gremmy vs kenpachi).

Ideally we should all be able to watch both shows without comparing them to each other in a negative light but somehow that’s expecting too much from people.

Regarding your second to last point. Yoshihiro kanno left after cour 1 and damn near every well-animated action scene from s1 (outside of the ones involving hiroyuki yamashita) was because of him. So obviously you can see how his departure would negatively affect cour 2. His replacements aren’t too hot either so there’s that too. We’ll just have to hope that they found some solid action animators for the second cour.
I'm not too fond of Taguchi's art direction. The Dark Red BG clashes pretty hard with the blue highlights. I think the composition overall is solid but feels too ambitious due to them having to deal with so many details, characters, effects and so on. So the animation still feels like it's going to be limited.

As a fellow Bleach fan, it's little sad that other fans are propping up the visuals like they're supposedly next level while bring down JJK which has opted for an entirely different approach. Cuz honestly, the Bleach trailer is a tad disspointing visually but you or I are willing to give benefit of the doubt but fanboys want to be intentionally obnoxious.

May 28, 2023 6:37 PM
Sep 2020
ovo4 said:
TheBladeIsMe said:

thank you dude my god this guy is blind... the demon slayer effect on the anime comunity is something that needs to be looked into not that I dont like DS its just that flashy and bright colours go Brrrrrr on the screen now equals to the best animation ever... its so boring and stupid looking at things that way and it even diminishes effects animation as a whole.
Wheter people want to admit it or not Jjk showed far superior animation cuts up until now and like you said bleach hasnt shown its peaks but neither has jjk but its stupid already having this kind of conversation because:
1- the shows are not even out yet to be judged accordingly
2- Just like csm x bleach situation here we have two projects with two very diferent fundimentals about animation with bleach going for a more detailed and composite heavy look while jjk goes for a more simplistic and "naked" look to the animation
For me its just sad that we are in a point were people apreciate more having detailed artwork without any kind of movement in the more normal scenes than an less detailed approach that allows for freedom of expression of the animatiors style and the characters feelings and personalitys through their motion
Anyway ready for taguchi greatness and gosso cinema this summer
May 28, 2023 6:52 PM
Sep 2020
Emblemz said:
ovo4 said:

I'm not too fond of Taguchi's art direction. The Dark Red BG clashes pretty hard with the blue highlights. I think the composition overall is solid but feels too ambitious due to them having to deal with so many details, characters, effects and so on. So the animation still feels like it's going to be limited.

As a fellow Bleach fan, it's little sad that other fans are propping up the visuals like they're supposedly next level while bring down JJK which has opted for an entirely different approach. Cuz honestly, the Bleach trailer is a tad disspointing visually but you or I are willing to give benefit of the doubt but fanboys want to be intentionally obnoxious.

I really was looking to have this kind of discussion with people that genuinly care and know about this stuff and as a fan of both for a long time and as someone that neither hater not loved the first cour of bleach I agree that it felt a bit dissapointing because my problems with cour 1 seem to still be present but now with the absence of the man that saved the action of that part in the staff... and regarding jjk my feeling are completly the oppsite as it looks leagues better than season 1 which lacked severely in the art and compositing department and the overall direction seems much better and more ambitious while still feeling quite approachable not just as a viewer but also as an animator. Not just this but the action seems to also have been kept a priority obviously and while still feeling different from parks its very dinamic also due to the extremely good storyboards that we have seen up until now acompanied by top tier animator that is another thing that I assume will be way more relevant in jjk than in bleach due to gosso's and seshimo's industry contacts.
I am someone that prefers the king of approach csm and jjk have where the anime feels alive due to the constant movement of the characters and camera buf I still can apreciate bleach style that delivered very powerfull episodes even with all those details when a good episode director and staff are alocated but there seems to me that unfortunately there wont be a major difference between cours.
May 29, 2023 1:39 AM

May 2023
@Fa5P Buddy is having a manic attack because I called JJK soulless and said Bleach looks better (it is and it does lol). Embarrassing. Fortunately I addressed most of your spergouts indirectly since you have a very annoying way of typing I don't want want to reply to 5 ugly consecutive walls of text with poor syntax from you.

This is the funniest cope of all time:
Fa5P said:
For sure you were one of those people saying that bleach's animation was going to be better than csm and we know how that turned out even if you accept it or not
TheBladeIsMeMay 29, 2023 1:42 AM
May 29, 2023 1:45 AM

May 2023
ovo4 said:
TheBladeIsMe said:

"Vastly improved aesthetic which while simpler" is cope for an inferior, simplified art style which based off the trailers hasn't even enabled the better animation from S1 to vindicate the noticeable downgrade in design. I don't see what's vastly improved about it. If it's trying to pull a Mob Psycho then it's already failed because Mob Psycho's simple art style is far better integrated into the general aesthetic that the art direction feels like an actual stylistic choice which enables fluid animation by consequence as opposed to a utilitarian shift actively trying to accomplish it like JJK S2. JJK has no aesthetic to begin with unless you call MAPPA's corporate, inexpressive and uninspired 'realism' an aesthetic; in which case realism doesn't mix well with undetailed simplicity, hence why people "mistake" the new season as just looking cheaper; especially when you have flat-looking characters interacting in realistic-looking environments.

JJK looks like a generic anime compared to Bleach, which actually has a pronounced and highly defined aesthetic. Its stylistic design choice makes it more expressive and thus impactful through exceptional use of things like dynamic lighting, which are particularly advantageous to an emotional genre like battle shounen. You need to do mental gymnastics to explain why an average still shot of JJK is actually visually "just as strong" as one from Bleach, let alone more visually appealing. Even if Bleach's animation is inferior to JJK's, it would still look better like I said because it has a better art style, better compositing, better direction and better background art; as animation is only one factor to visual quality. I don't think JJK is ugly, but I do think it's soulless compared to Bleach.

Regarding your statement about TYBW cour 2 animation; Taguchi, Hiramatsu and the animation team have already promised even better animation for cour 2 than their incredible work during cour 1. Based on the new trailer, they seem to be fulfilling that promise. This shouldn't be baffling when animators aren't being spread thin like they were in fall 2022. All the scenes in the new trailer like Bazz-B's projectile blast generally look more fluid than the fights in the first 5 episodes of cour 1 and we've yet to see the main theatres of this cour which is where most of the resources will be poured. But a more "stacked" staff doesn't always guarantee a higher quality product anyway, and all you have to do is take a look at Chainsaw Man, which had the most stacked team in the entire season but everyone still saw it come out as the ugliest high-profile title, in large part due to its debilitating direction.

Emblemz said:
As a fellow Bleach fan
Cope.
TheBladeIsMeMay 29, 2023 1:49 AM
May 29, 2023 1:50 AM
Sep 2020
TheBladeIsMe said:
@Fa5P Buddy is having a manic attack because I called JJK soulless and said Bleach looks better (it is and it does lol). Embarrassing. Fortunately I addressed most of your spergouts indirectly since you have a very annoying way of typing I don't want want to reply to 5 ugly consecutive walls of text with poor syntax from you.

This is the funniest cope of all time:
Fa5P said:
For sure you were one of those people saying that bleach's animation was going to be better than csm and we know how that turned out even if you accept it or not

you are the one embarassing yourself because the fact that I responded to people with similar opinions to mine just proves you are just blind and saying whatever the shit you want.
You can throw whatever argument you want at me and you can try to put the people here against me but its not going to work because I praised bleach in the first place while giving my opinion on specific facts and because majority will understand my point as the other two guys did.
And yup I knew you would say that dude for you TYBW might be the best animated anime ever but its not even close and this is a matter of facts not opinion csm was better in that aspect its as certain as saying that mob is the best animated show of the last decade. You might not like to ear it but its how things are and you should just be happy that we got a continuation of bleach in the first place it doenst need to be the best thing ever...
You can do and think whatever you want so that you are happy but dont think that makes it a indisputable fact
May 29, 2023 2:00 AM
Sep 2020
TheBladeIsMe said:
ovo4 said:

"Vastly improved aesthetic which while simpler" is cope for an inferior, simplified art style which based off the trailers hasn't even enabled the better animation from S1 to vindicate the noticeable downgrade in design. I don't see what's vastly improved about it. If it's trying to pull a Mob Psycho then it's already failed because Mob Psycho's simple art style is far better integrated into the general aesthetic that the art direction feels like an actual stylistic choice which enables fluid animation by consequence as opposed to a utilitarian shift actively trying to accomplish it like JJK S2. JJK has no aesthetic to begin with unless you call MAPPA's corporate, inexpressive and uninspired 'realism' an aesthetic; in which case realism doesn't mix well with undetailed simplicity, hence why people "mistake" the new season as just looking cheaper; especially when you have flat-looking characters interacting in realistic-looking environments.

JJK looks like a generic anime compared to Bleach, which actually has a pronounced and highly defined aesthetic. Its stylistic design choice makes it more expressive and thus impactful through exceptional use of things like dynamic lighting, which are particularly advantageous to an emotional genre like battle shounen. You need to do mental gymnastics to explain why an average still shot of JJK is actually visually "just as strong" as one from Bleach, let alone more visually appealing. Even if Bleach's animation is inferior to JJK's, it would still look better like I said because it has a better art style, better compositing, better direction and better background art; as animation is only one factor to visual quality. I don't think JJK is ugly, but I do think it's soulless compared to Bleach.

Regarding your statement about TYBW cour 2 animation; Taguchi, Hiramatsu and the animation team have already promised even better animation for cour 2 than their incredible work during cour 1. Based on the new trailer, they seem to be fulfilling that promise. This shouldn't be baffling when animators aren't being spread thin like they were in fall 2022. All the scenes in the new trailer like Bazz-B's projectile blast generally look more fluid than the fights in the first 5 episodes of cour 1 and we've yet to see the main theatres of this cour which is where most of the resources will be poured. But a more "stacked" staff doesn't always guarantee a higher quality product anyway, and all you have to do is take a look at Chainsaw Man, which had the most stacked team in the entire season but everyone still saw it come out as the ugliest high-profile title, in large part due to its debilitating direction.

Emblemz said:
As a fellow Bleach fan
Cope.

Cope

Everyone and their mother praised jjk and goshozono's work to redifine the look of the anime and yeah sure its a more simple artstyle and you might even not be a fan of that thats all very acceptable but saying that its not better than season 1 and that its souless and generic is just lying to yourself to make your favourite seem better...
Bleach's staff garantied that cour 2 would have better animation and thats a great thing but the same can be said about jjk season 2 that was promised to surpass season 1but that doesnt matter right?
While the resources are certainly bettter than in the fall season, it doesnt mean bleach and the other high profile airing next season are not going to suffer from lack of freelancers because there are a lot of projects right now in production to air in the next six months with a lot of big people from the industry
I am not even going to talk about csm because while the directing might not be up to everyones taste or expectations there was more love and attention put into that anime than almost everything else in the past decade. Consistency was key on that project and csm succeded well enough on that regard
May 29, 2023 8:28 AM

May 2015
TheBladeIsMe said:

"is a cope for an inferior, simplified art style which based off the trailers hasn't even enabled the better animation from S1 to vinidcate the noticable downgrade in design"
Seems you're not aware of the controversy that JJK season 1 had. It was universally praised on airing but people with time learned the compositing was ugly. The excessive detail stifled animation and held back some of the genga as well. So yes its a very good and important point that Season 2 is looser. Now there isn't unwanted detail for the animators to correct AND the compositing is much better(no more terrrible glossy trees or BG being slightly off beat of the 2D character models).

You also seem to be underplaying Shota Goshozono's directoral input. He's built his identity in the industry by using unique perspectives like fish eye lenses and transition shots following the characters movement like a camera. His whole thing is being cinematic but also being open to exaggerated and more expressive movement. This is why whatever happens, JJK season 2 will not have the same critisicm as CSM. Ryu Nakayama had his own cinemtaic approach but he also wanted character models, backgrounds and anything else to stay on model for realism. Totatally different from Gosso's approach and one that won't stifle animators creativity. If you've at least look at twitter, you'll see literally everyone in the animation industry is keeping their eyes on JJK to see how far Gosso's style will take it. 

You're honestly the one coping. From my perspective, Bleach cour 2 will have a similar layout to cour 1. Which is basically to say there'll be 3 or 4 stand-out episodes with excpetional KA's and Storyboarders on it. Meanwhile, the rest of the cour will be limited in animation which is important for such an action heavy story. People want to see fights move. Not just look at slideshows. You can keep coping and say "Hiramatsu said there'll be much better animation" but the trailer hasn't shown any of it. Yuma Takahashi also promised "new heights" for Demon Slayer season 3 but its honestly just being carried by Abe cuts animation wise. Mind you, I'm only being a prickler right now because you came in here starting some shit up with JJK. I'm still hyped for cour 2 but I'm not a crazy who made a Bleach profile and made it their sole identity. 

May 29, 2023 10:32 AM

Apr 2021
Of course the comment section is filled with braindead people trying to claim JJK and CSM are "poorly-made". Because Bleach fans saw AOT having the crown of the most obnoxious fandom ever and said "hey, hey, I want a piece of that, too!"
May 29, 2023 11:00 AM
Mar 2011
Oongbuh said:
Of course the comment section is filled with braindead people trying to claim JJK and CSM are "poorly-made". Because Bleach fans saw AOT having the crown of the most obnoxious fandom ever and said "hey, hey, I want a piece of that, too!"
I don't think so. For example I've never watched JJK and CSM and have no reason to say that it's poorly made. Also I am not comparing Bleach and AOT fandoms. AOT is a separate case. As for me I like Bleach, I like that new people are discovering Bleach and that the quality of the episodes is great. So let each person enjoy shows that they enjoy, there's nothing wrong with that.
May 30, 2023 8:59 AM
Oct 2022
boring is your existence loser
May 30, 2023 9:08 AM
Oct 2022
Bleach>>>Mid kaisen go cry and go out to play the street.
May 30, 2023 4:46 PM

Oct 2012
@TheBladeIsMe lol I'm more excited about Bleach because it's one of my favorites but it will never do the numbers of Jujutsu Kaisen. JJK movie made like 200M in the box office, it's mainstream. Bleach never did that even at the top of its popularity

JJK, KnY and Spy Family are in a tier of their own right now in Japan. But Bleach will be the most hype for us fans obviously
Furyo_enjoyerMay 30, 2023 4:50 PM
May 30, 2023 6:00 PM

May 2023
Furyo_enjoyer said:
@TheBladeIsMe lol I'm more excited about Bleach because it's one of my favorites but it will never do the numbers of Jujutsu Kaisen. JJK movie made like 200M in the box office, it's mainstream. Bleach never did that even at the top of its popularity

JJK, KnY and Spy Family are in a tier of their own right now in Japan. But Bleach will be the most hype for us fans obviously

>Box office sales

Who cares? I'm talking about narrative and production quality, not normie appeal. You and I both know which one is more valuable in that regard.
Jun 3, 2023 2:30 AM
Mar 2023
Pinnacle of mankind's innovation is coming
Lets Gooo!!
Jun 16, 2023 6:30 AM

Oct 2012
TheBladeIsMe said:
Furyo_enjoyer said:

>Box office sales

Who cares? I'm talking about narrative and production quality, not normie appeal. You and I both know which one is more valuable in that regard.
well yeah Bleach is better but we are talking about success and numbers here. you even put the BD sales of Chainsaw man in your meme. that meme doesn't work with JJK

Even with how good cour 1 was it didn't really attract new fans in Japan, so it's just the core loyal fans watching. JJK meanwhile is a huge success with the normies and is going to adapt the most hyped arc in the series (Shibuya arc).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2023

286 by d_lynne »»
Apr 25, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2023

175 by d_lynne »»
Apr 24, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2023

213 by d_lynne »»
Apr 21, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jul 8, 2023

360 by Listone »»
Apr 5, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2023

234 by ByTheWayImGabs »»
Mar 28, 5:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.