Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Medalist
Available on Manga Store
New
May 19, 2023 8:54 PM

Apr 2022
It’s not like its Engi is a terrible studio like the one for Berserk 2016. I mean they made uzaki chan which looks alright and the detective is already dead has a lot of amazing sakuga in it. I mean look at this: https://youtu.be/xxHpiswkSZU

At the end of the day I think staff matters more than studio. 
May 19, 2023 8:59 PM
Feb 2021
Yeah i don't get it either the trailer is not even out why are people judging it.
May 19, 2023 9:02 PM
Dec 2022
Yea + the ENGI stuff I've watched looked decent. Not everything has to like it's from ufotable, wit, bind etc.
May 19, 2023 9:43 PM

Feb 2021
Uzaki-chan is one of the worst animated shows I've seen.

It looks like they just took the manga pannels and added voice to it, cause there's barely any movement at all. 

May 19, 2023 11:41 PM
May 2022
Runasius said:
It’s not like its Engi is a terrible studio like the one for Berserk 2016. I mean they made uzaki chan which looks alright and the detective is already dead has a lot of amazing sakuga in it. I mean look at this: https://youtu.be/xxHpiswkSZU

Bro that clip is super awesome. Epic animation and panorama camera.

I haven’t doubted the studio… but everyone else does it because they don’t have a highly rated show yet.

I think Engi will do fine and pull an Osho No Ko, where it is the only show that is rated super high
BEASTARS Season 3 will be the best anime ever :)
May 20, 2023 2:03 AM

Jul 2015
Because ENGI is Kadokawa'a property. They are interested more in making money, than actual anime. While their products might have some sort of quality, there is absolutely never any passion behind it.
It's something like modern AAA games.
PiromyslMay 20, 2023 5:52 AM

May 20, 2023 3:54 AM
Mar 2021
not really the main thing which will be a make or break is the shot composition and the person doing it has a great record so I am hopefully to say the least (i have not read the manga)
May 20, 2023 4:02 AM
Aug 2022
Agreed, trailer wasnt even out yet
May 20, 2023 6:17 AM
Apr 2022
Runasius said:

ENGI has one good staff member who will occasionally pop off with a scene or two in their shows. Other then that their staff is talentless and they do a lot of 3D, so I’d expect the performances will be largely CGI. There honestly isn’t a show from them that looks good, I’ll hold out hope till the trailers but everyone should expect the worst
May 20, 2023 8:14 AM

Apr 2021
Rimusimp said:
Runasius said:

ENGI has one good staff member who will occasionally pop off with a scene or two in their shows. Other then that their staff is talentless and they do a lot of 3D, so I’d expect the performances will be largely CGI. There honestly isn’t a show from them that looks good, I’ll hold out hope till the trailers but everyone should expect the worst

Dude they literally started out in 2019. They're fairly new and probably still on the lookout for that one project that puts them on the mainstream
May 20, 2023 10:04 AM
Apr 2022
CreepHazard said:
Rimusimp said:

Dude they literally started out in 2019. They're fairly new and probably still on the lookout for that one project that puts them on the mainstream

And if the core staff for this show wasn’t so garbage then maybe I’d be optimistic but well, they kinda look pretty crappy
May 20, 2023 12:07 PM

Apr 2021
Rimusimp said:
CreepHazard said:

And if the core staff for this show wasn’t so garbage then maybe I’d be optimistic but well, they kinda look pretty crappy

Well Jukki Hanada is doing the Series composition and that's the most important part because as a manga reader I don't think this series really relies on directorial brilliance. That said the director is VERY experienced in the field, although he lacks any visual identity to his shows.
If I'm worried about anything it's the Character designer, and maybe a bit for the animation producer. The core staff announced so far are pretty good though.
May 20, 2023 12:51 PM
Apr 2022
CreepHazard said:
Rimusimp said:

Well Jukki Hanada is doing the Series composition and that's the most important part because as a manga reader I don't think this series really relies on directorial brilliance. That said the director is VERY experienced in the field, although he lacks any visual identity to his shows.
If I'm worried about anything it's the Character designer, and maybe a bit for the animation producer. The core staff announced so far are pretty good though.
The director is experienced with making extremely subpar series for sure.
May 20, 2023 12:54 PM

Apr 2021
Rimusimp said:
CreepHazard said:

The director is experienced with making extremely subpar series for sure.

No the director has EXPERIENCE directing shows. That's more important. And most of his other shows seem to have suffered from bad source material anyway
May 20, 2023 1:14 PM

Apr 2021
@Rimusimp now that I did further research into the shows he's "Directed" it seems he knows exactly what he's doing. He's got above average connections and experience working with industry veterans, never worked on an engi show before, and all his shows have been on par with the Source material which were decent at best (all of them). I think if given the chance he could create something big, and with Jukki Hanada teaming up with him I think this series is in safe hands. Now they just need a decent animation producer that can rope in a couple of gold sakuga animators and I think we eating good.
Above all I hope we get a decent schedule
May 20, 2023 1:42 PM
Apr 2022
CreepHazard said:
@Rimusimp now that I did further research into the shows he's "Directed" it seems he knows exactly what he's doing. He's got above average connections and experience working with industry veterans, never worked on an engi show before, and all his shows have been on par with the Source material which were decent at best (all of them). I think if given the chance he could create something big, and with Jukki Hanada teaming up with him I think this series is in safe hands. Now they just need a decent animation producer that can rope in a couple of gold sakuga animators and I think we eating good.
perhaps but he also directed episodes for records of ragnorok. Maybe he’ll be solid but I will never put much faith in ENGI
May 20, 2023 1:45 PM

Apr 2021
Rimusimp said:
CreepHazard said:
perhaps but he also directed episodes for records of ragnorok. Maybe he’ll be solid but I will never put much faith in ENGI

Record of Ragnarok had much bigger issues than episode directors iirc. It felt almost as if the production committee decided to make the show with a $200 budget.
Yeah reasonably so. Keep the expectations low. We have a manga that we can cherish at least.
May 24, 2023 8:47 AM
Sep 2019
The fan has high expectation since the source material has high quality including the story & art. Great enough to be anime of the season candidate had adapted it right. As ENGI, known for mid-tier production, gets a job (probably due to it's under Kadokawa.) No doubt so many people are kinda worried and disappointed upfront. Not to mention it is a sport figure skating which requires a neat animation during quick skating scene, Otherwise, the flaw will pop up more obvious then other scene.

Director is okay, Series Composition is experienced, now it's up to the studio.
If it turns out, they manage to handle this pretty well similar to Osho no Ko, that's nice, but I think people now are resetting their expectation not to be too hype.
Jun 21, 2023 12:59 AM

Jul 2015
Wow I wasn’t expected an anime to come out. Can’t wait!
Sep 30, 2023 10:30 AM
Jun 2015
Reply to BG_Comedian
The fan has high expectation since the source material has high quality including the story & art. Great enough to be anime of the season candidate had adapted it right. As ENGI, known for mid-tier production, gets a job (probably due to it's under Kadokawa.) No doubt so many people are kinda worried and disappointed upfront. Not to mention it is a sport figure skating which requires a neat animation during quick skating scene, Otherwise, the flaw will pop up more obvious then other scene.

Director is okay, Series Composition is experienced, now it's up to the studio.
If it turns out, they manage to handle this pretty well similar to Osho no Ko, that's nice, but I think people now are resetting their expectation not to be too hype.
@BG_Comedian

The Oshi no Ko comparison doesn't really work since there was only issue because of ignorance from the west. Doga Kobo had always done stellar work in terms of visuals with the only concern being whether they'd nail the characters and mood which are outside of that scope. Here, we're not seeing anything that builds confidence that it'll be well animated AT ALL which given the subject matter(figure skating) is critical. Really it should have been done by KyoAni or Project IG.
Oct 19, 2023 2:16 AM

Nov 2007
visuals and casts
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/545694
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 19, 2023 3:44 AM
Apr 2020
Just let the haters hate as they clearly have nothing better to do.

Ill be laughing so hard once the trailer drops and all of them disappear.
Oct 19, 2023 12:52 PM
May 2021
Engi or not, here I guess the quality will depend on how Kadokawa handle this. Like how Geek Toy's outclassed Dead Mount Death play.
Oct 19, 2023 10:13 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to MorphoX
Engi or not, here I guess the quality will depend on how Kadokawa handle this. Like how Geek Toy's outclassed Dead Mount Death play.
@MorphoX I don't think kadokawa intended to take medalist seriously, look at that damn cheap visuals,it all down
when it was announced that Engi was producing it
Mar 22, 1:42 AM
May 2019
Every ENGI show I've watched was great. If I see ENGI is doing something then I'm immediately sold. I guess whatever shows they did that turned out bad were ones I didn't see, lol

More topics from this board

» Cloverworks would have absolutely nailed this adaptation!

Tan_2 - Feb 20

5 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Mar 22, 1:48 AM

» First PV and next winter

Dbagas8 - Mar 21

4 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Mar 22, 1:40 AM

» Kadokawa -> ENGI?

KatoWorks - May 17, 2023

13 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Oct 18, 2023 1:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.