Forum Settings
Forums

Topics can be both watched and ignored at the same time causing possible problems

New
May 18, 2023 9:42 PM

Mar 2008
I just discovered this on accident and I think this should be considered a bug instead of a feature request because it's so counter intuitive. I had reached the maximum allowed watched topics (which there really isnt a good reason for a maximum there especially when forum search doesnt work right so watched topic is only good way to find your old posts for sure) and I was trying to remove some topics from there but the design is so counter intuitive I clicked the (-) thing thinking it would remove these from my watched topics and i noticed the count wasnt going down so i thought it was frozen at first but then I realized this was how you ignore a topic and even though I saw these posts vanish from watched topics page I saw them still in ignored topics still with their status as watched so they had dual status of watched and ignored counting for space on both pages while only appearing on one which are in obvious confliction with eachother because they do the exact opposite. So i had to manually click on each thread and unclick ignore and watch. Im not even sure what kind of behaviour a topic that is watched and ignored at same time would have when it gets replies i assume very buggy since devs likely didnt think of this possibility part of what i noticed was my ignore and watch topic pages were loading slow and sometimes hung up on an eternal loading after i had some topics in both and started loading better once i started unwatching some of these topics that were also ignored. Logically if you suddenly ignore a watched topic it should toggle it off from being a watched topic and vice versa.
Apr 30, 8:02 AM

Sep 2019
traed said:
I just discovered this on accident and I think this should be considered a bug instead of a feature request because it's so counter intuitive.

I've just learnt about ignored topics and stumbled on a possible use case scenario where you might want to ignore a watched topic (I still see the topic in both lists by the way, it wasn't removed from the Watched menu); and that is, with low topic numbers in the respective menus, to pin a topic to the Watched list (as a reminder that it's an important one) but not get new reply notifications from it. Okay nevermind, you still get every new comment notification. x.x

I've turned to Profile Notes then, those are like a private notebook it would seem.
Unlike List Notes (previously known as "comments") which are public instead.
Did you know that Notes are public? How do you personally use them?
Cast your vote and add a reply to this suggestion to let the devs know:
Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)
Apr 30, 1:03 PM

Jan 2009
So wait, we can have both the watched topics and use the "ignored" topics to have an additional bookmarking list? I would have never come up with that idea, lol

I've never had any issues with the design as I've simply went to the watched topics and untoogled the topics I didn't want to continue watching further. But I haven't been actively using that feature in years ever since my watched topics list has been reset

More topics from this board

» Keep getting Captcha every few hours

AlecGH - Mar 23

3 by YamiNoNoroi »»
9 minutes ago

» Whole site became unresponsive

Nomori - 6 hours ago

3 by Noboru »»
5 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3430 by rurina-chan »»
5 hours ago

» How do I manage apps access to my account (OAuth tokens)?

danann - Sep 17, 2022

6 by Noboru »»
5 hours ago

» PLEASE bring back the functions to reply in forum games

tsukareru - May 17

7 by tsukareru »»
Yesterday, 3:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.