Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 28, 2023 1:13 AM
Dec 2017
Just wanted to say shout out to the professional seiyuu that were casted and used their skills to purposely become terrible actors. I'm sure that they delivered as professionals but it's still funny to think that they were in the booth recording and delivered those semi painful to listen to lines. 
Apr 28, 2023 5:03 AM
Apr 2023
Another banger, this episode was a bit lighter hearted thankfully cause anymore of episode 1 so quick would've destroyed me, kana feels like a real character and is well done, va is on point too, looking forward to the rest of this series
Apr 28, 2023 5:44 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Poor Kana, just when she thinks her hard work paid off, in the end she still becomes a victim of a harsh entertainment world.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 28, 2023 6:01 AM
Sep 2021
that last scene of aqua holy fu-
Apr 28, 2023 7:19 AM
Jun 2020
Loved It! <3 Kinda mad it ended on the cliffhanger moment though >:( I know I already know what happens but I wanna see it animatedddd:(((((
Apr 28, 2023 8:58 AM
Nov 2022
Nice episode, finally the action began
Apr 28, 2023 9:08 AM
Dec 2022
Kinda sad because it was over really quickly
Apr 28, 2023 10:22 AM
Sep 2017
Justkanji said:
BaconCatBug said:
This guy is a web developer, surely he knows how to do liver surgery!

That's how stupid you sound.
He didn't have to do it himself, incase you didn't think about it mr smartass. He's not a kid (physically he is but ya know) and had access to money, better than manually entering passwords for 4 years without trying anything else.
I did not mean him being a doctor makes him hackerman, but it is usually an indicator of being smart.

yea man let's just put this phone that clearly belong to dead idol Ai with all the data inside it and was given by a kid that could possibly be her hidden children to some random hacker on the internet. Sure this is a very foolproof plan holy ship why can't the author even think like this smh.
Apr 28, 2023 12:39 PM

Jun 2022
Muito bom , delicinha de anime ^-^

█▓▒­░⡷⠂__ʏᴇꜱᴛᴇʀᴅᴀʏ ɪꜱ ᴀɴ ʜɪꜱᴛᴏʀʏ, ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ɪꜱ ᴀɴ ᴍʏꜱᴛᴇʀʏ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ ɪꜱ ᴀ ɢɪꜰᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴡʜʏ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴄᴀʟʟᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇꜱᴇɴᴛ!__⠐⢾░▒▓█
Apr 28, 2023 12:40 PM

Dec 2020
I'm not used to such a slow pace/buildup. Loved the first episode but now my patience is shrinking. I hope a big twist in the story will happen soon.
Apr 28, 2023 1:21 PM
Apr 2023
Kana is the best girl !
Apr 28, 2023 1:51 PM

May 2015
James-LastOmnic said:
Zoomers now facing their first dillusion in the absolute borefest Oshi No Ko, as I was once again right since the beginning.

As of now we have 2 episodes and soon 8 more of Aka Akasaka's obsession of talking and mostly shitting onto the japanese showbusiness industry, also in the most flat and uninteresting way you could ever imagine.
For sure Aka I get your seething about those mediocre actors with immense egos and garbage adaptations made entirely for advertisement without any passion put behind it, in fact I am watching one right now named "Oshi no Ko" you might know.
Something I surely don't get is why of all people that I shall listen to lecture me about japanese showbusiness (which is the same across the world) is some random, probably introverted, mangaka who made his entire career with a single romcom and that has no connection to showbusiness at all apart from collabing with vtubers and fellow artists on your days off.
I still find your self-insert edgelord to be quite entertaining and I'm waiting for him to finally do something good because I know you're able to write decent flawed characters. 
But please for the love god, log off Twitter and 2chan because it's tangible you're malding like some e-thot would about people that have criticized you for how badly Kaguya went to shit after the Ice Queen arc in the manga, thank you.

Really took the time to type this nonsense lol.

Apr 28, 2023 1:55 PM

May 2015
Confused_100 said:
BaconCatBug said:
This guy is a web developer, surely he knows how to do liver surgery!

That's how stupid you sound.

And your account is fake and is most likely bot behaviour. Your point? His criticism is valid.

No it’s not. He’s saying that since he’s a doctor, that means he’s smart. And if he’s smart, he must know how to hack a phone. That makes no sense. You also can’t hack shit that old. It doesn’t work like that.

Apr 28, 2023 2:27 PM
Feb 2023
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Confused_100 said:

And your account is fake and is most likely bot behaviour. Your point? His criticism is valid.

No it’s not. He’s saying that since he’s a doctor, that means he’s smart. And if he’s smart, he must know how to hack a phone. That makes no sense. You also can’t hack shit that old. It doesn’t work like that.

He’s saying he’s smart enough to know there’s something called hacking. A doctor is supposed to be someone smart afterall.

Not because he is a doctor, he should know how to hack… That’s not what he was saying. You are misunderstanding what he said on purpose.

Finally the guy I replied to has literally bot behaviour. Look at his account and posts. Even his responses after it was just bot responses lol
Apr 28, 2023 3:14 PM
Aug 2018
i'm curious about the opinions of the manga readers and i want honest answers about how they feel, how does the anime hold up to the manga so far?
in terms of suspense, pacing, and quality. is it worth reading the manga over watching the anime? overall, not too impressed or excited at where the anime is going.
Apr 28, 2023 4:03 PM
Dec 2022
great intro back into an old character and motivations
Apr 28, 2023 4:34 PM
Jul 2021
appii said:
i'm curious about the opinions of the manga readers and i want honest answers about how they feel, how does the anime hold up to the manga so far?
in terms of suspense, pacing, and quality. is it worth reading the manga over watching the anime? overall, not too impressed or excited at where the anime is going.
Pretty close to the manga I'd say. There are a few misses with the adaptation imo that the manga did better, and certain scenes get a lot more airtime in the anime relative to the manga (the bad dialogue in Sweet Today goes by way faster reading it), but in general if you're not interested in drama / mystery in show business, then I'm not sure it's for you.
Mild description of what to expect without any specifics:

Apr 28, 2023 6:24 PM

Aug 2018
TsukuyomiREKT said:
James-LastOmnic said:
Zoomers now facing their first dillusion in the absolute borefest Oshi No Ko, as I was once again right since the beginning.

As of now we have 2 episodes and soon 8 more of Aka Akasaka's obsession of talking and mostly shitting onto the japanese showbusiness industry, also in the most flat and uninteresting way you could ever imagine.
For sure Aka I get your seething about those mediocre actors with immense egos and garbage adaptations made entirely for advertisement without any passion put behind it, in fact I am watching one right now named "Oshi no Ko" you might know.
Something I surely don't get is why of all people that I shall listen to lecture me about japanese showbusiness (which is the same across the world) is some random, probably introverted, mangaka who made his entire career with a single romcom and that has no connection to showbusiness at all apart from collabing with vtubers and fellow artists on your days off.
I still find your self-insert edgelord to be quite entertaining and I'm waiting for him to finally do something good because I know you're able to write decent flawed characters. 
But please for the love god, log off Twitter and 2chan because it's tangible you're malding like some e-thot would about people that have criticized you for how badly Kaguya went to shit after the Ice Queen arc in the manga, thank you.

Really took the time to type this nonsense lol.
Absolutely 0 argument provided, god I love this community.
Apr 28, 2023 6:47 PM

Apr 2015
I feel bad for Kana. It's the fate of many child actors, though.
Apr 28, 2023 9:26 PM
Mar 2022
Aqua getting a bit more in action
Apr 28, 2023 10:08 PM

Jan 2021
Another good episode. So far, all of the main cast, or Aqua's "circle" I guess are really likeable. I was surprised about Kana's change in attitude from episode one, and I really like it. She's also kind of funny. One thing I hope continues throughout the season (and hopefully future seasons) is Ruby calling Kana "loli senpai." Had me laughing every time.

Apr 28, 2023 10:55 PM
Apr 2023
So glad to see how aqua its every ep closer to discover who is his father
Apr 28, 2023 11:40 PM

Oct 2008
they're taking things slowly but not bad!!!
5/5.

Apr 29, 2023 1:32 AM
Sep 2018
Honestly it makes me feel bad for Kana being used as a prop for this industry, it’s all so similar to reality a lot
Apr 29, 2023 3:09 AM

Apr 2022
It shows that the anime have a more normal pace at this point, which is good. To be fair, the first 3 episodes are so good for a new anime. It shows that the characters are developing their story more deeply, so I think the next episodes will be more interesting, this episode was so good. A solid 8/10 again.
Apr 29, 2023 4:05 AM

Sep 2019
Who likes the Aqua-Kana couple?
Holy sh* I think Kana has a crush on Aqua.
Kana is a very open-minded, easy-going girl.
Respect Taishi. The director has a lot of respect for Aqua.
Aqua really spent her childhood trying to find the father.
It was respectable for the adults around to let Aqua learn about Ai's things freely.
Wow what a cruel job, finding that password number
Ruby is too cute when she comment on her brother's face.
The way Ruby commented on Kana's acting... I don't know if the characters in the show are good at acting, does this really matter?
The way the characters commented on acting and professional issues made me feel uncomfortable, in real life, actors don't talk like that to each other either. More than that, it's a bit boring.
I'm just a normal anime viewer, I will pay attention to the dramatic details and how the characters express their emotions through dramatic or sensational scenes, why should I pay attention to the actors' acting?
Wow how can Kana be so thorough and detailed about Aqua's acting skills? What she said made me dizzy.
How does Aqua know which cigarette butt belongs to the director? Maybe he should put all the smoked cigarettes in a pack.
I'm not in favor of Aqua's revenge, but it's undeniably the only thing that excites me while watching this Anime.
I really wish the next eps will have more interesting details.
An ep that is not so special to me.
Apr 29, 2023 6:27 AM

Feb 2014
Kana is so pretty! <3

Also, Kaburagi, was it? What an asshole. -_-
Apr 29, 2023 7:41 AM
Feb 2021
Finally Aqua's time
Apr 29, 2023 8:11 AM
Feb 2020
I liked the dive into the childhood actors story
Apr 29, 2023 2:19 PM
Jun 2021
It sadly ended in a cliffhanger, but I liked the episode very much!
Apr 29, 2023 4:39 PM

Apr 2013
I'm in love with Aqua!

.·:*¨ 𝕾𝖊𝖙 𝕸𝖊 𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟬:𝟱𝟱 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟯:𝟮𝟲
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Apr 29, 2023 5:05 PM
Jul 2021
The start was strong and it's still strong!
As a manga reader, I'm happy that this masterpiece got the right anime adaption it deserved!
Apr 29, 2023 6:27 PM
Apr 2023
Still not as good as the first but amazing nonetheless
Apr 29, 2023 7:21 PM
Sep 2021
Great character development setting up for what happens next in the manga
Apr 29, 2023 7:46 PM
Jan 2019
I'm getting a feeling that I'll be rating this a 7 by the time the season ends. The first episode was unironically a masterpiece but these last two have been only "good". Still enjoying myself but it's clear to me that this won't be amazing all the way through.
Apr 29, 2023 11:40 PM
Apr 2023
i love the funny parts in the show, but i would like to see more of how aqua will revenge for ai
Apr 30, 2023 12:53 AM

Dec 2022
This is the episode that got me in! The long pilot and exposition-heavy second episode are quite the drag but it feels like it's going somewhere now.
Apr 30, 2023 1:12 AM

Mar 2015
Lmao it was funny when they watched the episode and the acting was shite, but it's an interesting take on shows that don't prioritize the artistic elements.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 30, 2023 3:42 AM
Dec 2017
Really interesting direction with this anime.
How Aqua can make his moves without any suspicion in this star system, all this fake faces ?
Apr 30, 2023 4:46 AM

Apr 2018
Random impressions before I go on to read the original manga next week (I know the manga isn't finished yet either):

- On one hand I want Aqua to get his salvation in the end, on the other I am more inclined to see if Akasaka sensei can properly deliver a modern Hamlet... I want to see if he can create a truly iconic character that has his name remembered for eternity.
- If Aqua keeps walking on this path, he'll definitely meet a tragic end. At least if he can safeguard Ruby's smile and deliver salvation to her in the end, it would be a somewhat bittersweet ending.
- When they already start so close together, I have a bad feeling that Aqua and Kana might end up with some major rupture and become somewhat antagonistic to each other... If this happens, Kana will undoubtedly be super sad :(
Apr 30, 2023 5:14 AM
Nov 2021
Really pleasantly surprised by Kana's character development. Loved this episode!
Apr 30, 2023 5:17 AM
May 2020
Relate to Industry anime who's episode most of the adaptation be cut to run 1 season
Apr 30, 2023 5:17 AM
Aug 2022
This episode is slandering the Industry of Video, or maybe also Anime because they talk about how the anime adaptation is so bad even tho the manga version is good. They also talking about some of the plots in manga are skipped to get to the deadline. So many more things this anime talk about the Industry of Anime, that I can't explain because I don't good at English, but it's really good.
Apr 30, 2023 6:07 AM
Apr 2023
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Apr 30, 2023 6:20 AM
Jan 2021
animeIs4Children said:
It's a shame.
How dull and boring can an anime become after such a wonderful movie.
Should have ended after episode 1. It's all downhill from here I'm afraid.

the prologue isn’t even that good compared to the manga
Apr 30, 2023 6:33 AM
Jan 2021
I liked it and loved the development within the story unfolding as a manga fan I'm happy with how things are going so far.(And the animation is as beautiful as ever)
Apr 30, 2023 6:54 AM
Aug 2021
nice animation and good
Apr 30, 2023 7:09 AM
Jul 2022
This ED is one of my favs
Apr 30, 2023 7:13 AM

Mar 2017
I feel like Kana might be someone that Aqua is going to need in his life. She’s like the light shining through the darkness surrounding him.

Right now he’s too cynical for her optimism to really affect him but I feel like eventually she’ll make him realise that there’s still things to love about the world.

Kaburagi is a total dickhead… but I don’t think he’s Aqua and Ruby’s dad. Just another piece of shit that Ai had to deal with in the entertainment industry.
Apr 30, 2023 7:36 AM
Oct 2020
It was better than the second episode
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2679 by colino09 »»
May 18, 7:31 AM

Poll: » Would you like to marry Ai given the opportunity? (first ep spoilers)

Shizuna - May 6

40 by A_Yaze »»
May 11, 8:38 AM

» Overhyped

Mooogle - May 9

41 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

680 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:23 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

869 by Tsukimariko »»
May 5, 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.