Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 18, 2023 9:54 PM

Sep 2016
The story showcases the shallow human nature. The guy gets fit, that's literally all, and everyone completely changes their opinion of him. Inside, he's still the same shy, awkward, socially inexperienced recluse with a heart of gold. Only his appearance has changed but that's all people care about. Moreover, even the AUDIENCE thinks he has now become "perfect". You laugh at the comically 2-dimensional characters but are the same.

Amazing. a total deconstruction of isekai wish fulfillment genre. I clapped.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 18, 2023 10:24 PM

Jul 2015
It actually is a social commentary on how consumer's standards are so low, that they are willing to gobble up even the laziest AI generated generic trash, which allows studios to just make money instead of actual anime.

Apr 18, 2023 10:27 PM

Dec 2020
Your face your fate
Apr 18, 2023 10:28 PM
Jan 2022
moral of the story
"if u r fat and ugly, u will be bullied and would have to face humiliation, threats and u r absolute trash,,,,so become beautiful, everyone will respect u, treat u good, u'll be famous, intelligent. people will bend backwards for you'
Apr 18, 2023 10:59 PM
Oct 2018
You're right. I understand perfect is a strong word to pick, but isn't that how the author want to portray the MC? Now he has power, money, good school, kind personality, and now "body fitness". A "perfect" MC who ticks a lot boxes is not uncommon in isekai anime.

Don't be offended by a "perfect" word, I'm not perfect myself, nobody does. So calm down and let's focus on the show.
Apr 19, 2023 12:43 AM
Sep 2020
This is "Generic Isekai Trash"
Apr 19, 2023 1:25 AM
Sep 2021
Piromysl said:
It actually is a social commentary on how consumer's standards are so low, that they are willing to gobble up even the laziest AI generated generic trash, which allows studios to just make money instead of actual anime.

i mean 95% of any anime of any genre can be described like that
Apr 19, 2023 1:26 AM
Sep 2021
_khaled_ said:

one of your favorites are SAO lol
Apr 19, 2023 5:50 AM
Dec 2021
I guess people even look for meaning in something like this. I’m here to hate it, anyway.

This doesn’t teach anything, nor is anyone other than you looking for meaning in this ‘thing’, it’s pointless and meaningless. The only purpose this serves is self-insertion(thank God no one is saying ‘me fr fr’). And oh, I almost forgot, the MC is an absolute idiot, so ‘heart of gold’ is a little too cringe. Maybe you’re just trying to be sarcastic, who knows.
Apr 19, 2023 8:39 AM
Dec 2021
moral of the story-
isekai anime are isekai anime
Apr 19, 2023 10:54 AM
Aug 2021
The wish fulfillment story to end all w-f stories
Apr 19, 2023 5:18 PM
May 2021
GangsterCat said:
The story showcases the shallow human nature. The guy gets fit, that's literally all, and everyone completely changes their opinion of him. Inside, he's still the same shy, awkward, socially inexperienced recluse with a heart of gold. Only his appearance has changed but that's all people care about. Moreover, even the AUDIENCE thinks he has now become "perfect". You laugh at the comically 2-dimensional characters but are the same.

That's one way to interpret it I guess.

You have a very interesting point of view if you look at it like that, I just thought this show was just a self insert for people who get bullied and they couldn't stop it.
Apr 19, 2023 5:19 PM
May 2021
_khaled_ said:

It's OUR generic isekai trash 😎
Apr 19, 2023 6:09 PM

Apr 2020
GangsterCat said:
I don't know if that's what it exactly is but I pretty much like this sentiment. I don't mind the MC getting lucky by becoming overpowered in another world considering the bullshit he went through. It's amazing how petty the high schoolers are.
ow + nw = 90-2000s

Apr 19, 2023 6:26 PM
Jul 2021
Moral of the story: Don't be a fat, ugly, useless dude. If you're one, change and do it asap. It will not be easy, but it beats the alternative.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Apr 19, 2023 8:21 PM

Sep 2012
Hey if it motivates someone to workout and get their health together though, it’s not all bad right
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Apr 19, 2023 9:35 PM
Feb 2021
The only good thing about it is the art, all the girls look good. But the animation is trash and sometimes uses 3D characters during fights and the story is the usual all powerful system bs, watch to kill time dont take it seriously.
Apr 20, 2023 10:23 PM
Apr 2023
OGHelios said:
Hey if it motivates someone to workout and get their health together though, it’s not all bad right

Yeah…. there is a difference between attempting to make a change and alter your own body through sheer commitment to just instantly receiving the perfect body overnight via magic. I don’t know about you, but the last time I checked, magic isn’t real.

I don’t really like the message that the anime is unintentionally creating. If you’re fat and ugly then you will receive nothing in life but hate. If you are handsome then people will flock to you and shower you with praise. In short, stop being a complete fatass lmao.

Of course I’m not someone who supports fat acceptance since I disagree with the promotion of an unhealthy lifestyle. Still, how this anime executes the portrayal of an ugly and obese individual to that of a handsome one is not very appealing. Even if it’s just all for the sake of wish fulfillment, it does leave a bad taste in my mouth.

To note, understand that this is merely my opinions and thoughts. You are all free to agree or dissagree. Just don’t get me caught up in some internet trifle. An online argument with anime fans and gamers is the last thing on my agenda. I am in no way trying to be antagonistic.
khoitran2466Apr 20, 2023 10:36 PM
Apr 20, 2023 11:30 PM
Feb 2020
I love that everyone is calling this 'wish fulfilment' when it's quite directly not
If it were, would he still be living in the house he was left? (It's quite easy to own a property and still live somewhere else)
If it were wish fulfilment, would he still be THINKING that he's unattractive?
He would have accepted the offer from the school without hesitation, same with the modeling career offer. Would there be any human opponents like what was presented in this episode?
Apr 21, 2023 3:26 AM
Nov 2022
I feel like with anime there are so many shows out there with different genres/tropes. if this isn’t your jam, you don’t have to watch another episode. There are too many anime series that you may love that it would be a waste of your time to not drop this one.
Everyone has different taste and different wants out of their anime (deeper meaning, good storyline, cool fights, awesome animation, etc) so don’t feel bad if you don’t like it, you do you my dude
Apr 23, 2023 8:43 PM
Aug 2022
Bastiono said:
I love that everyone is calling this 'wish fulfilment' when it's quite directly not
If it were, would he still be living in the house he was left? (It's quite easy to own a property and still live somewhere else)
If it were wish fulfilment, would he still be THINKING that he's unattractive?
He would have accepted the offer from the school without hesitation, same with the modeling career offer. Would there be any human opponents like what was presented in this episode?
He quite literally becomes the most handsome man alive overnight, effortlessly gains an extremely powerful arsenal of gear and abilities alongside the instant knowledge of how to use them, and is immediately presented multiple women that somehow have full blown crushes on him in only 3 episodes. That is wish fulfilment. The goal of the story is to fulfill the wishes of the audience with a self insert protagonist. That's 100% what this story is doing and they're not trying to hide it.
Apr 24, 2023 10:54 PM
Feb 2020
Apollo_Injustice said:
He quite literally becomes the most handsome man alive overnight, effortlessly gains an extremely powerful arsenal of gear and abilities alongside the instant knowledge of how to use them, and is immediately presented multiple women that somehow have full blown crushes on him in only 3 episodes. That is wish fulfilment. The goal of the story is to fulfill the wishes of the audience with a self insert protagonist. That's 100% what this story is doing and they're not trying to hide it.

Wish fulfilment implies that the watcher would put themselves in the MCs position and they'd get everything they would wish. Yuuya definitively proved that false 'again' by turning down the engagement. Now we can never see what 'wishfully' would have happened because he already turned down those options.

SAO was wish fulfilment because he took the options offered to him

Also 'effortlessly gains powerful gear and the knowledge of how to use them', you did see the story. His grandfather gave him the house and his parents and siblings turned on him for it, far from 'effortless'. And we see him training to use the weapons.
Throwing a spear like we saw him do isn't the most competent use of such a weapon
Apr 25, 2023 12:06 AM
Aug 2022
Bastiono said:
Wish fulfilment implies that the watcher would put themselves in the MCs position and they'd get everything they would wish. Yuuya definitively proved that false 'again' by turning down the engagement. Now we can never see what 'wishfully' would have happened because he already turned down those options.

SAO was wish fulfilment because he took the options offered to him

Also 'effortlessly gains powerful gear and the knowledge of how to use them', you did see the story. His grandfather gave him the house and his parents and siblings turned on him for it, far from 'effortless'. And we see him training to use the weapons.
Throwing a spear like we saw him do isn't the most competent use of such a weapon
When a character never makes mistakes, can do no wrong, is loved by nearly everyone, and always has the perfect answer to every situation, that is wish fulfillment. I don't know how else to lay it out for you. The choices the main character makes are always portrayed as the "right" choice, so the watcher never has any other wish to be fulfilled. The author has already dictated what the correct choice is, and made the main character take it. Yuuya declining offers doesn't make him any less of a wish fulfillment character. All that does is establish that he makes abstract decisions and isn't an "average joe", which even further reinforces the wish fulfillment aspect of his character.

Also, you're incorrect on spears. They were designed to be thrown, often times with the purpose of dismounting knights since arrows did not generate enough force to impact their armor and knock them off of their horses. In fact, soldiers liked to throw them so much that they specifically designed a subset of spears called javelins that made them easier and more effective to throw. So yeah, he immediately knew how to effectively use a spear.
Apr 25, 2023 12:40 AM

Aug 2011
At least this isekai does have the your "past still haunts you and effects you". The fact there are people who knew he was FAT before surprised there isn't a picture of him of him being fat so they can see it and it would be a crazy plot twist if the reverts to his FAT kirito and see how people judge him kek.

MORAL OF THE STORY ITS AND Isekai don't take it too seriously.
Apr 29, 2023 11:03 PM
Feb 2020
Apollo_Injustice said:

Also, you're incorrect on spears. They were designed to be thrown, often times with the purpose of dismounting knights since arrows did not generate enough force to impact their armor and knock them off of their horses. In fact, soldiers liked to throw them so much that they specifically designed a subset of spears called javelins that made them easier and more effective to throw. So yeah, he immediately knew how to effectively use a spear.

A spear like he was carrying (and what is typically seen in anime) and 'throwing spears' are different items
The spear we saw was longer (inefficient for throwing) and seemed to be metal, which means heavier and harder to throw. Also, unless you're intending to throw it, and have a backup, you've just disarmed yourself, something typically bad in a battlefield situation.

Throwing spears were shorter and lighter so they were easier to throw further
Regular spears were made longer for increased range, so you could better fight someone on horseback with
May 1, 2023 2:44 AM

Oct 2017
GangsterCat said:

Well, to prove that the author has no idea what character building is, mc personality has a 180 shift after he change to the handsome dude.
It's not like Jobless Incarnation which mc still has trauma/ personality flaws even if he become a cute shota.
May 2, 2023 8:18 AM
Dec 2015
GangsterCat said:

can’t expect too much , the story till now is a#s ,all characters are just no development npc’s . This is in top 10 worse anime I’ve ever watched till now.
May 5, 2023 3:31 AM
Sep 2020
Saimatsu_Fan said:
_khaled_ said:

one of your favorites are SAO lol
Well you see.
I'm into these shits.
May 5, 2023 6:36 AM
Jan 2019
Bastiono said:
Apollo_Injustice said:

A spear like he was carrying (and what is typically seen in anime) and 'throwing spears' are different items
The spear we saw was longer (inefficient for throwing) and seemed to be metal, which means heavier and harder to throw. Also, unless you're intending to throw it, and have a backup, you've just disarmed yourself, something typically bad in a battlefield situation.

Throwing spears were shorter and lighter so they were easier to throw further
Regular spears were made longer for increased range, so you could better fight someone on horseback with

I assume you watched a pirated version of episode without the text being translated (and also missed how the spear returns to his hand after being thrown) because you are come across really stupid here. “When thrown, it will always hit its target and return to the contractors hand”. That is in the description he read before using it, so if you still think he used it wrong I’d love to hear why.

By the way, you are equally as wrong about this not being wish fulfillment. This is wish fulfillment taken to the extreme.

More topics from this board

» Genuine question: Who actually enjoyed this show? ( 1 2 )

KuyaC - Mar 26

65 by DarknessReality »»
Apr 25, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2023

231 by Igloos »»
Mar 25, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2023

78 by Protoz »»
Feb 19, 11:19 PM

» Deleted...

ShadowXBlaster - Feb 5

2 by DragyG »»
Feb 5, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2023

210 by Smythe32 »»
Feb 2, 10:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.