Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 31, 2023 11:47 PM
Aug 2015
Let's be honest and say the truth that this season is the blandest and most dissapointing digimon series ever made
KuronoAlienApr 1, 2023 12:12 AM
Apr 1, 2023 7:28 AM
Jun 2022
KuronoAlien said:
Let's be honest and say the truth that this season is the blandest and most dissapointing digimon series ever made

nah
it's the first Digimon I'm watching and it was great, one of my ten favorites animes.
Apr 1, 2023 7:31 AM
Aug 2015
IchiuzYluu_ said:
KuronoAlien said:

nah
it's the first Digimon I'm watching and it was great, one of my ten favorites animes.

this topic is not for a newbies like you its for people who are veterans and watched all digimon anime series
Apr 1, 2023 10:44 AM

Aug 2015
KuronoAlien said:
IchiuzYluu_ said:

nah

this topic is not for a newbies like you its for people who are veterans and watched all digimon anime series

Why are you gatekeeping a children's show?
Controversial opinions
Apr 1, 2023 11:41 AM
Aug 2022
*inhales*… no.
It’s fine as it is. You have to remember two things. One, it’s a kids show. Yes there’s stuff for us adults too, but it’s a kids show at the end of the day. Two, the show started during Covid. They’re not going to do something dramatic in a time where the real world is in pretty bad shape. That would just bum the kids out more
Apr 1, 2023 6:19 PM

Feb 2016
Ghost Game is the scariest Digimon anime.
その目だれの目?
Apr 1, 2023 11:48 PM
Aug 2016
KuronoAlien said:
IchiuzYluu_ said:

nah

not even close I would easily say adventure 02 with the entire dark ocean plot line and deamon completely dropped or adventure 2020 with basically no story and the characters weren't nearly as enjoyable as the original series was far more disappointing this one had good characters I personally enjoyed fantastic animation the ending left a lot to be desired but given how it concluded the possibility for a continuation isn't our of the question
Apr 2, 2023 3:11 PM

Mar 2008
I had hope that this would be a good show, but that hope was killed in the first episode. And it just got worse and worse as the series continued.

Most of the Digimon they fight attack humans for fun, sometime even kills them. But 1 fight and a talk later and the humans are revived and everyone is friends for life. The stupidity of the most of the characters also drag this show down. They see a Digimon eat and talk, and they still think it is a hologram without a doubt? Even though none of the other holograms actually look like that, or even eat, talk and sleep?

And then you have the three main Digimon. Angoramon is the most "normal" and smartest of them. Jellymon is selfish and in some situations care more about money and herself rather than Kiyo and his safety. Then we have Gammamon, the stupidest of all the Digimon's. The first thing you think about when you see him is "annoying". There is no redeeming qualities about him, he is just there to look and act cute in hope that the viewers will like him. And he also has to be the strongest for some reason.

None of the 3 main Digimon are memorable, and neither are the 3 main humans. None of them have any real dept to them, they are just there to be main cast, nothing more.

The story is nothing new, and it's far more boring than the other shows, especially when you know that no matter how hard the fight is, it always ends up with them becoming friends with their opponent they have just fought a life and death battle with....

And then we have the last episode. Just a huge train wreck of rushed ending, the sun going supernova, an alien who somehow managed to get into the Digimon world with no explanation since no entrance actually exist and 3 CHILDREN who is now in charge of the whole human race and everyone magically accepts it without a single complaint...

I don´t tihnk that they could have made a worse show even if they tried....

Apr 2, 2023 8:50 PM
Jul 2016
Nope you just raised your expectations way too much and it wasn’t that bad and while it could have be better it was good.
Apr 3, 2023 10:58 PM
Aug 2015
Anyien said:
I had hope that this would be a good show, but that hope was killed in the first episode. And it just got worse and worse as the series continued.

Most of the Digimon they fight attack humans for fun, sometime even kills them. But 1 fight and a talk later and the humans are revived and everyone is friends for life. The stupidity of the most of the characters also drag this show down. They see a Digimon eat and talk, and they still think it is a hologram without a doubt? Even though none of the other holograms actually look like that, or even eat, talk and sleep?

And then you have the three main Digimon. Angoramon is the most "normal" and smartest of them. Jellymon is selfish and in some situations care more about money and herself rather than Kiyo and his safety. Then we have Gammamon, the stupidest of all the Digimon's. The first thing you think about when you see him is "annoying". There is no redeeming qualities about him, he is just there to look and act cute in hope that the viewers will like him. And he also has to be the strongest for some reason.

None of the 3 main Digimon are memorable, and neither are the 3 main humans. None of them have any real dept to them, they are just there to be main cast, nothing more.

The story is nothing new, and it's far more boring than the other shows, especially when you know that no matter how hard the fight is, it always ends up with them becoming friends with their opponent they have just fought a life and death battle with....

And then we have the last episode. Just a huge train wreck of rushed ending, the sun going supernova, an alien who somehow managed to get into the Digimon world with no explanation since no entrance actually exist and 3 CHILDREN who is now in charge of the whole human race and everyone magically accepts it without a single complaint...

I don´t tihnk that they could have made a worse show even if they tried....
best answer finnaly
Apr 5, 2023 2:29 AM
Apr 2017
KuronoAlien said:
Never watched 2020 hä?
Because 2020 was realy just a Battle Shounen Anime, whitout the Shounen Anime.

And no, while it didnt fullfill all of the Hopes I had for it, it did a lot of Stuff different.
All the countless References to Gothic, Cosmic, and modern Horror, it has a Uzumaki, and two Lovecraft Episodes of all things.
Regular Human died in that Show, and the creative Way Digimon used there Powers.
How most of the villian Digimon endet up as actual Charakters, flashing out there Pwrsonality, sometimes return instead of beeing killed of in 5 Minutes max.was great.
Its episodic, its a bit repetitive, the Charakter designs wont stand out that much, the Digimon Designs are eighter a bit to Humanoid, or to simplisitc.
Thats valid Points of Criticism, I dont force anyone to like it, but its not bland.
Apr 6, 2023 3:01 PM
Dec 2018
I haven't watched a lot of the earlier Digimon shows in a long time, but this one is for sure my least favourite ever. Like I said, I don't remember everything about the first few seasons but I do remember enjoying them a lot more than this.
May 6, 2023 5:23 PM

Aug 2020
Sunaki said:
KuronoAlien said:
Never watched 2020 hä?
Because 2020 was realy just a Battle Shounen Anime, whitout the Shounen Anime.

And no, while it didnt fullfill all of the Hopes I had for it, it did a lot of Stuff different.
All the countless References to Gothic, Cosmic, and modern Horror, it has a Uzumaki, and two Lovecraft Episodes of all things.
Regular Human died in that Show, and the creative Way Digimon used there Powers.
How most of the villian Digimon endet up as actual Charakters, flashing out there Pwrsonality, sometimes return instead of beeing killed of in 5 Minutes max.was great.
Its episodic, its a bit repetitive, the Charakter designs wont stand out that much, the Digimon Designs are eighter a bit to Humanoid, or to simplisitc.
Thats valid Points of Criticism, I dont force anyone to like it, but its not bland.
Yea, true. Id say Ghost Game is better than 2020 on the single basis that is Kiyoshiro and Jellymon's character dynamic.
Keep scrolling
Aug 11, 2023 6:36 PM
Jul 2018
I like the episodic nature of this and the take on the "kids horror" and taking horror tropes.

Sometimes it's dumb how fast they forgive Digimon, but given you can just watch a bunch of episodes here and there, I think that's very nice watch for a new Digimon series.
removed-userAug 11, 2023 6:40 PM
Aug 23, 2023 9:19 PM

May 2016
voltwaffle said:
KuronoAlien said:

Why are you gatekeeping a children's show?
Gatekeeping? Do you even know what that means? OP of the thread said it’s the blandest out of every Digimon show yet and then some dude comes in saying it’s their first Digimon. What exactly is that person contributing to the discussion? How on earth would they even be able to compare if they’ve only seen one show?
Oct 28, 2023 10:05 PM
Feb 2022
Reply to IchiuzYluu_
KuronoAlien said:

nah
@IchiuzYluu_ hmm... still the weakest of the franchise.
Dec 15, 2023 10:46 AM

Oct 2013
Man how could you honestly say that, we just going ignore the major disappointment that was Tri but even worse than that the disaster that was Adventure 2020 remake, I couldn't even watch 10 episodes of that while Ghost has been mixing the formula and doing good character writing beats for the 6 main cast

Sure the OP is trash, is annoying that every episode starts with a recap and I hate the humans say the attack names so the Digimon can do their special moves like trash Pokemon does but there is a lot of good stuff that makes it better than the two I mentioned along with Frontier which doesn't have the important bond between human and Digimon like the franchise is supposed to have which Ghost most certainly does

Then there is heartbreaking emotional scenes like Ajatarmon killing herself because she want to be with a human

Ghost game also nicely works with the regular main Digimon having a evil evolution formula

But reworks it in a interesting way so we don't have to see Hiro learn a lesson like Taichi and Takato did but make it a long lasting plot point of the series

Is the series as good as the OG Adventure or Tamers? Of course not but lets be honest, its much better than the trash we've been given for years now

Also Terriermon is still the cutest Digimon design ever made but still we need to be thankful for the moe blob that is Jellymon
Dec 15, 2023 11:10 AM
Jan 2018
It's cool people are still talking about how they messed up Ghost Game after all this time, so let me add my 2 cents.

Gammamon. Voiced by the VA for Fujiko Mine and the bestest of all Digimons. I even added him to my favorites list. His way of dealing with death was much more interesting than Tamers and his dark self was the highlight of this show for almost the entire show. I don't do all that weird stuff like treating animals like people, but Gammamon is literally irresistible.

2nd cent. Did this show tease something greater and then waste a bunch of time and end like a wet fart? Absolutely. The more you bought into the potential greatness of the anime, the more disappointed you were. But this anime wasn't an uneven sequel(Tri). It didn't turn a great kids anime into the Tai and Agumon show (2020). TTGL was safe from being ripped off wholesale here (Fusion).

Kids loved what they got with Ghost Game the same way we loved 01 and 02 when we were kids. We got some all timer Digimon episodes and more great music from Kow Otani. If nothing else this was a harmless anime. I get the frustration, but Digimon fans got a pretty decent anime here, all things considered.
Feb 3, 8:50 PM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
I'm gonna be honest. Ghost Game is the worst digimon series I've watched (I've watched Adventure, Adventure 2, Tamers, Frontier, Data Squad, and Ghost Game), not because of its characters (its characters are actually the best part of the whole series), but because of the obscenely biased evolution line towards the protagonist of the show. Gammamon has like 5 different adult level digivolutions while the others only has one linear evo line.. I mean, COME ON. If you wanna give gammamon 5 adult designs, at least give the others 3 or something. Not everyone is licking the feet of the protag ffs.

The best thing that happened in this series is Jellymon and Kiyoshiro. Their opposite personalities made the duo so funny and interesting to watch. Having a full-on chunibyo dork and his mischievous jellyfish makes their dynamic, and the whole show as a result, refreshing and new.
But there's also one thing about this show that ruined it all.
Just what in the edgelord-gary stu pair is Gulusgammamon and Hiro? -_-

We might actually get a decent show if they balanced out the power level between the three main duos. I don't mind the show being episodic, and mystery element makes an interesting watch. Unfortunately, due to above reasons (and the obviously rushed ending), it feels like the digimon franchise really went downhill after Digimon Tamers and no, as a digimon fan myself, we did not get a "pretty decent" anime here, all things considered.
YumereiFeb 11, 3:10 AM

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Mar 3, 12:42 AM

Feb 2020
I agree 100%. This season was such a big disappointment.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Ghost Game Episode 67 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

50 by Hound-of-MAL »»
Sep 2, 2023 4:33 AM

Poll: » Digimon Ghost Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2021

77 by White_Alice »»
Aug 22, 2023 6:34 PM

» Season 2!?!?

Bolillo99 - Mar 26, 2023

6 by TheBerserker »»
May 23, 2023 11:30 PM

» list some sexy digimons

deg - Feb 26, 2023

33 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Apr 8, 2023 9:36 AM

Poll: » Digimon Ghost Game Episode 43 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2022

16 by TripleC »»
Apr 6, 2023 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.