Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 11, 2023 10:09 PM
Dec 2022
For many good reasons, Deku as a shonen MC has not been seen very positively over the years. He cried a lot, and was fairly surface level. 

However this season I think things have completely changed. He is now a character you can really find yourself invested in and caring for. Similiar to Endeavor since the end of Season 4. It really feels like Deku has stolen the show this season
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 11, 2023 10:44 PM
Dec 2019
I’ve liked deku since the beginning, F**k the fandom, nay sayers, etc. deku has been part of the Newgen3 since day 1 because of his character, he’s not typical, his story ain’t something that’s been done before, and most importantly he paints a picture of what a shounen protagonist is supposed to be, this season showed us both sides of the same coin and then some and tonight’s episode really sold the franchise to me even though I’ve been watching since episode 1 aired all those years ago, deku is goated, one bad season aside, he really came through this season.
Mar 11, 2023 11:23 PM
Jul 2022
I like deku not for his powers but because of his personality. He is never rude and always kind. He is one of my favorite anime character.
Mar 11, 2023 11:28 PM

Jan 2013
That's less anything to do with him being a bad character and just anime fans wanting a chad MC, because it's like looking into a mirror. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 11, 2023 11:41 PM

Apr 2015
While he had his moments, I actually felt that Deku was the least interesting character in the show for most of the show, but seeing him becoming legit useful in battle and being conflicted is pretty different.

Maybe even least fun because his quirk served to hurt himself. His growth in ability was really stunted for most of the run of this shounen action anime.

I can see people liking him for his soft qualities, but at the end of the day I do like my good old suffering to show a more diverse character, so this recent arc of Deku not being sure of anything has been way up my alley.
Mar 11, 2023 11:47 PM

Jul 2015
You have a point here.
His happy go lucky days are over and now serious character development has started.

Mar 12, 2023 12:32 AM
Dec 2022
LostSpectre said:
That's less anything to do with him being a bad character and just anime fans wanting a chad MC, because it's like looking into a mirror. 

uhh not sure how you can be this wrong

some of the most popular shows in the past few years without a " chad MC " 

- oddtaxi dude
- ranking of kings bojji 
- anya (i guess this counts sorta)
- mob 
- tanjiro
- to your eternity dude
- subaru
Mar 12, 2023 12:42 AM
Jan 2021
AkshatRajput said:
I like deku not for his powers but because of his personality. He is never rude and always kind. He is one of my favorite anime character.

to each his own but I feel like this is why so many people don't like Deku. He's unrealistically nice to the point where he's basically a Saint. Never has any issue with Bakugo bullying him, tormenting him, and telling him to kill himself. Says Shigaraki can be changed despite him killing hundreds upon thousands of people for no good reason other than he's evil. He's never morally wrong or even wavering at any point. Idk personally it makes him kind of boring to me
Mar 12, 2023 12:44 AM
Dec 2021
Deku reflects the MHA fanbase. Young immature and emotional children. As a character he has as much substance as a trashy isekai mc.
Mar 12, 2023 12:53 AM

Jan 2013
RejectedApples said:
LostSpectre said:

- oddtaxi dude
- ranking of kings bojji 
- mob 
- tanjiro
- to your eternity dude
- subaru
You clearly missed the overall point. Congratulations. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 12, 2023 7:05 AM
Aug 2021
RequiemLo64 said:
I’ve liked deku since the beginning, F**k the fandom, nay sayers, etc. deku has been part of the Newgen3 since day 1 because of his character, he’s not typical, his story ain’t something that’s been done before, and most importantly he paints a picture of what a shounen protagonist is supposed to be, this season showed us both sides of the same coin and then some and tonight’s episode really sold the franchise to me even though I’ve been watching since episode 1 aired all those years ago, deku is goated, one bad season aside, he really came through this season.

i like the attitude
in this day and age if a show or character is hated this kind of attitude is needed
Mar 12, 2023 8:49 AM
Jul 2016
Abzy1239 said:
RequiemLo64 said:

i like the attitude
in this day and age if a show or character is hated this kind of attitude is needed

Indeed the ones who hate him are triggered from him which shows their weaknesses of character as haters.
Mar 12, 2023 10:10 AM

Aug 2020
Yeah, he went from a mid protagonist to a "decent" protagonist. Good job Deku.
Mar 12, 2023 12:28 PM
Dec 2022
LostSpectre said:
RejectedApples said:

- oddtaxi dude
- ranking of kings bojji 
- mob 
- tanjiro
- to your eternity dude
- subaru
You clearly missed the overall point. Congratulations. 
i now completely understand how your favorites list is completely awful LOL
Mar 12, 2023 4:00 PM
Feb 2023
eu amei esse novo ep, senti vontade de chorar em alguns eps antes desse, mas não chorei, porem nesse EP não pude evitar. o desenvolvimento de tds os personagens e de como a amizade deles é forte foi algo q realmente me pegou de jeito. simplesmente amei.
Mar 12, 2023 5:16 PM
Oct 2019
Given that Horikoshi is an avowed Marvel Comics fan, should anyone be surprised that Izuku Midoriya is just as much a “saint” or a “chad” as Peter Parker was (and still is, to some extent) during his early days as Spider-Man?
Mar 12, 2023 6:16 PM

Jul 2011
I've always liked Deku. From the start of MHA, I've always found him enjoyable. Deku aims to be a hero, which is one of his best traits as he's doing it not to be number 1 or to show that he can be just as good as any other hero, but he does it as he wants to save people. Yes, he does take on the mission to be number one, but that's more of an All Might plan that Deku takes on. Also, Deku doesn't cry as much as people say he does. That's just a cheap blow people use to make fun of it. Deku only cries a few times. It's not wrong to show emotion. 
Mar 12, 2023 6:20 PM
Dec 2022
animedude1287 said:
I've always liked Deku. From the start of MHA, I've always found him enjoyable. Deku aims to be a hero, which is one of his best traits as he's doing it not to be number 1 or to show that he can be just as good as any other hero, but he does it as he wants to save people. Yes, he does take on the mission to be number one, but that's more of an All Might plan that Deku takes on. Also, Deku doesn't cry as much as people say he does. That's just a cheap blow people use to make fun of it. Deku only cries a few times. It's not wrong to show emotion. 
when it comes to shonen MCs, yes he does cry THAT much lol. 

Compare characters like Tanjiro, tony tony chopper, and deku to other shonen MCs and u will realize the character trait of crying almost every couple episodes is not common
Mar 12, 2023 6:45 PM
Oct 2020
RequiemLo64 said:

Never been done before? How many anime have you watched? πŸ’€
Mar 12, 2023 6:51 PM

Jul 2011
RejectedApples said:
animedude1287 said:
when it comes to shonen MCs, yes he does cry THAT much lol. 

Compare characters like Tanjiro, tony tony chopper, and deku to other shonen MCs and u will realize the character trait of crying almost every couple episodes is not common
It's still not that big of a deal. Most other Shone MC are muscle heads who don't understand basic common sense. Besides, there are other MC who cry just as much as Deku. For example, Takemichi from Tokyo Revengers cries in almost every arc. At one point they call him the Cry Baby Hero. His is way more annoying then Deku's. Thou, that's just me. 
Mar 13, 2023 1:57 AM
Aug 2018
Nah, he's been great from the start, imo.
Mar 13, 2023 2:31 AM
Jun 2021
glad i never switched up on the mha story. shi goes hard
Mar 13, 2023 4:56 AM

Apr 2015
Deku didnt change a thing in this season, I was expecting a way more conflicted character after hearing so much hype for "Dark Deku" (nothing dark about it) from the fans.
Mar 13, 2023 6:24 AM
Dec 2019
Cobalt-Blue said:
RequiemLo64 said:

Never been done before? How many anime have you watched? πŸ’€

More than you bud, I had i physical list with all the anime I’ve watched, lost it and now have to use this great new mountaineering application called Myanimelist and I’m slowly adding back all the shit I’ve seen, yes this hasn’t been done before, my hero academia is pretty unique in that regard, you’re being literal but the spin my hero takes makes it stand out from the bunch.
Mar 13, 2023 10:34 AM
Dec 2020
ShadowUnown said:
Deku didnt change a thing in this season, I was expecting a way more conflicted character after hearing so much hype for "Dark Deku" (nothing dark about it) from the fans.
Were you expecting Deku to hurt his friends or kill someone for it to be "dark"? They are referring to him as a dark hero because of how he went overboard when it comes to saving people. Without a care about his body, he was fighting villains and saving people. 
Mar 13, 2023 11:53 AM
Feb 2021
mr_modest said:

Decent is worse than mid btw.
Mar 13, 2023 12:11 PM
Apr 2021
RejectedApples said:
LostSpectre said:

- oddtaxi dude
- ranking of kings bojji 
- mob 
- tanjiro
- to your eternity dude
- subaru
forgot the best one, gon
Mar 13, 2023 1:28 PM
Dec 2022
pataggouro said:
RejectedApples said:

- oddtaxi dude
- ranking of kings bojji 
- mob 
- tanjiro
- to your eternity dude
- subaru
forgot the best one, gon

gon falls under the same category luffy and naruto do

he retarded xπŸ’€

Mar 13, 2023 5:28 PM

Jul 2011
If you keep in mind that Deku is still a child, it's not so weird that he's going through different phases. 
He's 16 y/o. Were you able to make the best decisions possible at that age under immense pressure?
I feel it adds to their humanity when the characters do dumb shit and do impulsive stuff based on emotions.
Mar 13, 2023 5:30 PM
Dec 2022
Terium said:
If you keep in mind that Deku is still a child, it's not so weird that he's going through different phases. He's 16 y/o. Were you able to take the best choices possible at that time under immense pressure?
I feel it adds to their humanity when the characters do dumb shit and operate based on emotions and selfishness.
most 16 year olds do not cry over every little thing, thats what 6 year olds do
Mar 13, 2023 9:01 PM
Mar 2022
ShadowUnown said:

EXACTLY. so i think if the author had put someone like mirio/lemillion for example as the mc this could be sooo much better
Mar 13, 2023 9:34 PM

Apr 2015
dearmatsuno said:
ShadowUnown said:

EXACTLY. so i think if the author had put someone like mirio/lemillion for example as the mc this could be sooo much better

Pode falar em português comigo πŸ‘€
Edit: (but seriously, I was expecting a much more implacable and depressed Midoriya)
Mar 13, 2023 9:38 PM
Mar 2022
ShadowUnown said:
dearmatsuno said:

Pode falar em português comigo πŸ‘€
Edit: (but seriously, I was expecting a much more implacable and depressed Midoriya)

muito melhor assim kjkjk
não tem nada de obscuro sobre esse deku, era a única coisa que me atraía na temporada, mas continua a mesma coisa de sempre. ele tá mais pra depressivo do que pra dark.

não gosto do protagonista, acho que se ele fosse alguém como o mirio, seria bem melhor – mas sou suspeita pra falar, pq o mirio é meu personagem favorito.
Mar 13, 2023 11:20 PM
Apr 2021
RejectedApples said:
pataggouro said:
forgot the best one, gon

gon falls under the same category luffy and naruto do

he retarded xπŸ’€

eyyy that's too far... using the "r" word like that
Mar 13, 2023 11:30 PM

Aug 2020
Rembe said:
mr_modest said:

Isn't it the other way around though?
I thought mid is the equivalent of "average" and decent is "above average".
I could be wrong though.
Mar 14, 2023 12:52 AM

Jul 2015
People in this thread taking someone's view on a weakly written, two-dimensional fictional character way too seriously.
Mar 14, 2023 2:51 AM

Aug 2015
it is the dark hero arc that mostly changed him because the arc's theme is basically that, a darker deku as a rogue hero of some sort
Mar 14, 2023 5:39 AM
Apr 2021
DisconnectedUser said:
People in this thread taking someone's view on a weakly written, two-dimensional fictional character way too seriously.
said the man that literally called that character in this exact comment "weakly written" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Mar 14, 2023 5:42 AM

Dec 2021
Deku in the future manga arcs become more than a happy-go-lucky hero. Taken more than 300 chapters to do that.
Rosa Umineko Drip

The Witch of Badassery.
Mar 14, 2023 5:48 AM
Feb 2021
mr_modest said:
Rembe said:

I could be wrong though.

Nevermind, they are synonyms.
Mar 14, 2023 7:00 AM
Aug 2021
Rembe said:
mr_modest said:
I could be wrong though.

Nevermind, they are synonyms.

why are we still here
Mar 14, 2023 7:07 AM

Jul 2015
pataggouro said:
DisconnectedUser said:
said the man that literally called that character in this exact comment "weakly written" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Yes, it is weak writing. None of this "development" for Deku serves a purpose as it in no way changes the outcome of the story. It's just a few episodes of "look how edgy I can be" before it gets back to the same old Deku instead of actually leaning into it and Deku having a real change as a character.

Also you're proving my point.
DisconnectedUserMar 14, 2023 7:15 AM
Mar 14, 2023 7:29 AM
Apr 2021
how do I prove your point? and saying that the protagonist is the one that is needed to change the story is the most generic thing in shounen, so what im saying is that you need to have good side characters and good main characters, BUT in mha's case only deku is a good character, mirio had potential but horikoshi through him in the bin, and bakugo had amazing development in season 2 and 3 BUT again he was forgotten for the entirety of season 4 and 5, todoroki just exists.
Mar 14, 2023 4:00 PM
Dec 2022
DisconnectedUser said:
pataggouro said:
Yes, it is weak writing. None of this "development" for Deku serves a purpose as it in no way changes the outcome of the story. It's just a few episodes of "look how edgy I can be" before it gets back to the same old Deku instead of actually leaning into it and Deku having a real change as a character.

i cant imagine a person whos entire favorites list is full of characters that get 0 development has very smart opinions on character development in anime lmao
Mar 14, 2023 9:45 PM

Jul 2015
RejectedApples said:
DisconnectedUser said:

i cant imagine a person whos entire favorites list is full of characters that get 0 development has very smart opinions on character development in anime lmao
Again, proving my point lmao

Would argue but since you're resulting to ad hominems and can't differentiate between someone's favorite characters and characters they consider the best written, I'd be wasting my time.
DisconnectedUserMar 14, 2023 9:51 PM
Mar 15, 2023 2:40 PM
Dec 2022
DisconnectedUser said:
RejectedApples said:
Again, proving my point lmao

Would argue but since you're resulting to ad hominems and can't differentiate between someone's favorite characters and characters they consider the best written, I'd be wasting my time.
bro unironically thought he did something there LOL
Mar 17, 2023 9:27 PM
Sep 2021
He went from crybaby to negative emo edgelord, literally the 1st MC to go to the Sasuke routeπŸ™„
Mar 17, 2023 9:31 PM
Jul 2018
Nah I think that's just Stockholm syndrome - you've been with this character with so long that you've convinced yourself he's not that bad. 
Mar 17, 2023 10:53 PM
Dec 2022
SynapticBlast said:
Nah I think that's just Stockholm syndrome - you've been with this character with so long that you've convinced yourself he's not that bad. 
? is this what high schoolers who take their first psychology class try to be? all smart and knowing just splurting out terms that have nothing to do with this

Mar 17, 2023 11:50 PM
Jul 2018
RejectedApples said:
SynapticBlast said:
? is this what high schoolers who take their first psychology class try to be? all smart and knowing just splurting out terms that have nothing to do with this
I'm not being very smart or using very complex terms lol. 'Nothing to do with this' - I'm describing how you've developed affection towards Deku because you've forced yourself to watch 6 seasons of MHA and that he's still a shallow character. Obviously I was the idiot for thinking an MHA fan would understand what a metaphor is haha.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Usopp8000 - Mar 4, 2023

140 by oozePOP »»
Apr 22, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

261 by Randompersonwho »»
Apr 22, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2023

158 by oozePOP »»
Apr 21, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2023

181 by oozePOP »»
Apr 19, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2022

337 by bubba460z »»
Apr 19, 2:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.