Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 11, 2023 10:33 AM
Mar 2022
While not popular here on MAL, according to this Japanese website that tracks anime (https://anime.nicovideo.jp/ranking/view-total.html?from=nanime_rank-daily_rank), Endo and Kobayashi Live (or Tsunlise for short) is 2nd only to Onimai in their total rankings. Even under the "daily" rankings, it's currently at 3rd place. I've been using the site for a while now and Tsunlise was previously at 3rd place in the "total" rankings with Nier occupying 2nd. However, probably due to the delays, Nier's rank seems to have slipped.

I find Tsunlise to be pretty great. I have it scored as a 9. It's pretty unique for a villainess themed romance fantasy. And it's one of the few times where the tsundere heroine is someone that I can root for. It's nice to see that it's getting a lot of attention, at least in its home country. Any Japanese here want to chime in? Is this anime, and Onimai for that matter, really that popular in Japan? And how trustworthy is that Japanese website when it comes to ranking anime?
Mar 11, 2023 10:44 AM

Jan 2013
Vinland Saga S2 - 70th place

Yep. That seems about right. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 11, 2023 6:17 PM
Feb 2022
I don't know what this site is about, but with AoT on 83, you can't take it serious.
Mar 11, 2023 8:57 PM

Dec 2011
DavidM_27 said:
I don't know what this site is about, but with AoT on 83, you can't take it serious.

Because the latest AoT only has one episode.

The daily ranking most likely counts any episode watched for that certain anime so of course current season's ongoing anime with multiple episodes rank higher.
Mar 11, 2023 11:31 PM
Mar 2022
LostSpectre said:

Are you being sarcastic? Genuinely curious.

In any case, with regards to Vinland Saga, interestingly, it seems it's not that popular in its home country. From what I've gathered online, most of the attention for Vinland Saga comes from the international audience and MAPPA seems to be banking on people abroad to watch Vinland Saga. Why it's not very popular in Japan, I do not know. Maybe the otakus there just aren't into epic historical anime, especially when said anime don't have cute girls in them.
Mar 11, 2023 11:34 PM

Jan 2013
Jeje2020 said:
LostSpectre said:

Are you being sarcastic? Genuinely curious.

In any case, with regards to Vinland Saga, interestingly, it seems it's not that popular in its home country. From what I've gathered online, most of the attention for Vinland Saga comes from the international audience and MAPPA seems to be banking on people abroad to watch Vinland Saga. Why it's not very popular in Japan, I do not know. Maybe the otakus there just aren't into epic historical anime, especially when said anime don't have cute girls in them.
Yeah, it has next to no popularity in Japan. Hopefully they're getting some money from the west, IDK how they manage to fund it. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 12, 2023 1:00 PM
Jun 2021
Well I like this one so I guess that's a W for me
Apr 11, 2023 11:33 PM
May 2008
i like to rate popularity based off of how much pixiv art i can find of it, as for this show there is hardly any. Not even any AI generated art
Apr 20, 2023 3:21 AM

Apr 2008
I'd gather than Vinland Saga isn't popular in part because it's a foreign story with foreigners in an unfamiliar setting. Second seasons can often have lower popularity in general if they aren't mega-hits.
Apr 22, 2023 3:54 AM

May 2010
ddrcrono said:
I'd gather than Vinland Saga isn't popular in part because it's a foreign story with foreigners in an unfamiliar setting. Second seasons can often have lower popularity in general if they aren't mega-hits.
Which is actually quite funny when you think about it, because it's also a foreign story, with foreigners in an unfamiliar setting for literally everyone in the US too lol. To be fair though, I do see that westerners in general are more interested in the history and culture of other countries compared to the Japanese. 
Jun 27, 2023 7:51 AM
Jun 2020
Honestly ppl here should understand that each country has different taste and opinion, JP and Global are often 180° different, i have once seen an anime that rated 6 here and no one know it are being most popular number 2 in jp.. we can't just judge anything by our standard
Jun 27, 2023 7:56 AM
Jun 2020
Anyway, thats happy news for me, this is my first villainess(or side, or even main itself, as far it has same theme with this, you know right? like fmc reincarnated as noble in isekai or something) heroin type of show and being my most liked show in this genre, while back then i avoid this kind of show cuz i think overwhelming romance and reverse harem is bad, but after trying this one, the amount of sweets from Liselotte is unbeareable, well said "LISE-TAN KUSO KAWAEEEE!!!", plot also good, thanks god i trying it, looking for more show with this genre
zIlverKitsuneJun 27, 2023 11:46 AM
Jun 30, 2023 4:28 AM
Mar 2022
zIlverKitsune said:
Anyway, thats happy news for me, this is my first villainess(or side, or even main itself, as far it has same theme with this, you know right? like fmc reincarnated as noble in isekai or something) heroin type of show and being my most liked show in this genre, while back then i avoid this kind of show cuz i think overwhelming romance and reverse harem is bad, but after trying this one, the amount of sweets from Liselotte is unbeareable, well said "LISE-TAN KUSO KAWAEEEE!!!", plot also good, thanks god i trying it, looking for more show with this genre
If you don't mind manga, try Observation log of my self-proclaimed villainess fiance: https://myanimelist.net/manga/114300/Jishou_Akuyaku_Reijou_na_Konyakusha_no_Kansatsu_Kiroku?
q=observation%20log&cat=manga
Also, if you like this anime, do give it a decent score when you're done watching it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsundere Akuyaku Reijou Liselotte to Jikkyou no Endou-kun to Kaisetsu no Kobayashi-san Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2023

29 by DebiPS »»
Feb 6, 1:40 PM

Poll: » Tsundere Akuyaku Reijou Liselotte to Jikkyou no Endou-kun to Kaisetsu no Kobayashi-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2023

63 by DebiPS »»
Jan 30, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Tsundere Akuyaku Reijou Liselotte to Jikkyou no Endou-kun to Kaisetsu no Kobayashi-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

95 by souraia »»
Jan 25, 4:23 AM

Poll: » Tsundere Akuyaku Reijou Liselotte to Jikkyou no Endou-kun to Kaisetsu no Kobayashi-san Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

41 by gyanburubii »»
Nov 11, 2023 3:53 PM

» Best Villianes Anime so far????

RjtheGreat14 - Jul 18, 2023

23 by YanYan »»
Oct 29, 2023 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.