Forum Settings
Forums

How picky are you when deciding on a new anime?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 27, 2023 8:00 PM

Jul 2022
I'll watch it as long as it isn't a yuri.
Feb 27, 2023 9:13 PM

Mar 2021
If I have read the manga first, I don't really feel the need to watch the same story in the anime, so I remove it from the list of potential new anime to watch.

Also, I check to see if there are any voice actors I don't like. I also check if the pictures are to my liking and check the synopsis.

Feb 27, 2023 9:29 PM

Jul 2022
I'm a bit picky, sometimes I am more or less. Currently I am, although I already know what I want to see, I can postpone it. I know that I want to see many animes that I have pending and I choose among all of them the most suitable for me at that moment, even if I have a choice, it is difficult for me to decide between them.
I try to choose an anime that I know I'll finish on my days off from work, currently.

If I had nothing to choose from, I have to say that I am not a person who reads the synopsis or the rating here on MAL, in fact I also avoid seeing the characters (since on the anime page they put the main ones depending on their favorites by the community, which I consider spoiler).
I just watch the genres and sometimes the trailer.
Feb 27, 2023 9:47 PM

May 2021
Most of the time, I look at the anime's cover. It's like I'm assuming how the anime is like from the cover alone. If I got attracted to the picture, I will go in blindly without even seeing the genre. That's why sometimes I can accidentally finish ecchi and BL even if I don't want to lol. I'll check further informations when I want to.

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

Feb 28, 2023 3:35 AM

Dec 2013
I pick anime based on their covers and go in as blind as possible. After the 1st, 2nd or maybe even 3rd episode, I decide if I'll continue, or drop the show. So I'm not as picky as I used to be. I am particular about some things, but that's a different topic.
Feb 28, 2023 5:14 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
I'll watch anything as long as not isekai and pedo..
when someone watches as many anime as I do, the next choice is not difficult

Feb 28, 2023 5:39 AM

Aug 2017
There are so many things I'm interested in watching that I don't want to loose time on poor shows.
But I really am interested in a lot of things.
So sometimes, I scroll on my "Plan to watch" list and just delete a few titles that seem mediocre at best.

I read anime plots before starting them and also look at who the director is when it's a movie.

To answer your second question, I really have to completely lose hope on a show to drop it.
And most of the time, it's a recommendation not fit for me or a rewatch out of nostalgia.
Feb 28, 2023 12:48 PM

Dec 2022
If I don't like them I do not rewatch, if I like them I do not rewatch.   I'm pickier than a lot of people when it comes to searching for new one's to watch, even though my plan to watch has over 30 or 40, compared to the lists I went through in mal library, it's very few.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime sequels that fell off

ST63LTH - 2 hours ago

6 by Rhae »»
10 minutes ago

» Woke Companies Force Japanese Sites to Censor Anime and Manga Content or Shutdown ( 1 2 3 )

rohan121 - May 9

107 by FrusDiplo »»
11 minutes ago

» mal/Confessions ( 1 2 )

NoelleIsSleepy - Yesterday

67 by MichaelJackson »»
17 minutes ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 3 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 2

123 by Kruszer »»
20 minutes ago

» Why was Magic Knight Rayearth overshadowed by Cardcaptor Sakura in terms of popularity?

funtime43_tr - 3 hours ago

7 by MichaelJackson »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.