Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2023 7:46 PM

May 2022
I think this version on a popular scanlation website is somehow legit. I don't think it is pirated. But who knows? There is no official English version. And the anime was apparently not very popular in the U.S.A., ranked #1434 on MAL. But it was the sleeper hit of 2022. The anime series will make the viewer laugh, cry, and nod along with the music. It was a little masterpiece of Iyashikei. So I have been hoping and praying for a season 2, and an English edition of the manga. My high score is based largely on the anime, since I have just read the first chapter of the manga. 

Nagomu immediately slides back into the local accent, even though he has been in Tokyo for the last 10 years or more. He hasn't quite figured out yet that he is a prodigal son, and not everyone is keen to have him back. Especially the new heir apparent.

Itsuka is one of the great heroines of manga and anime. Abandoned by her divorced parents, left on the doorstep of the Ryokushou wagashi shop by her deadbeat father. Most 9 year old kids would have been a helpless mess. But once taken in by the Irino family, she is determined to repay their kindness and earn her place as the named successor in the family business. The heartbreaking opening scene betrays her secret, that she is still hanging around the local bus station in hope that her derelict father will someday return for her. But her resilience and inner strength are what will carry this story.

Deaimon is all about iyashikei. Healing for Itsuka. Healing for Nagomu. Healing for a family. I look forward to this journey through the original manga by Asano Rin.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deaimon Chapter 4 Discussion

OG_Otaku - Mar 3, 2023

0 by OG_Otaku »»
Mar 3, 2023 4:27 PM

Poll: » Deaimon Chapter 2 Discussion

OG_Otaku - Feb 10, 2023

0 by OG_Otaku »»
Feb 10, 2023 2:19 PM

» Does He have any love interests and how Serious?

Eclipsse - Apr 13, 2022

4 by tr25a3 »»
Nov 14, 2022 7:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.