Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 2, 2023 10:01 AM
Mar 2018
Im new and looking to get into this franchise and noticed that this was the twentieth series and was wondering if you need to have watched before this one or you can just watch any of the series and they don't affect the viewing experience of the others?
Feb 2, 2023 10:08 AM

Mar 2020
I'm watching Smile PreCure after Futari wa. So far, besides cameos, some movies involving other characters or sequels (Max Heart & GoGo), it's all standalone. I'd recommend to watch Smile since it's very good imo :) only if you want, tho.

Only you can save yourself.
I only know what I know, I guess?
Yuri enjoyer and El Cazador de la Bruja fan
Feb 2, 2023 10:15 AM

Jul 2021
every series is stand alone outside of non canon cameos in specials and movies! so ur absolutely fine to start with this one but a lot of the others are also fun imo
Feb 2, 2023 2:49 PM
Mar 2018
BetterBegoneThot said:
I'm watching Smile PreCure after Futari wa. So far, besides cameos, some movies involving other characters or sequels (Max Heart & GoGo), it's all standalone. I'd recommend to watch Smile since it's very good imo :) only if you want, tho.

Thank you for the information and the recommendations!
Feb 2, 2023 2:49 PM
Mar 2018
quinbe said:
every series is stand alone outside of non canon cameos in specials and movies! so ur absolutely fine to start with this one but a lot of the others are also fun imo

thank you very much!
Feb 2, 2023 6:13 PM

Feb 2013
Kyuuchi_ said:
Im new and looking to get into this franchise and noticed that this was the twentieth series and was wondering if you need to have watched before this one or you can just watch any of the series and they don't affect the viewing experience of the others?
This is an anniversary season so it's bound to have callbacks for longtime fans, but these shows are made for little kids, who similarly, are being introduced to the series every year so each season is always made to be accessible to new audiences first and foremost.
Feb 3, 2023 7:50 AM
Aug 2018
Yes if you have time Especially theirs 20+ season with Crossover Movies & Standalone Movies you can watch
Feb 3, 2023 9:38 AM
Dec 2022
You don’t necessarily have to watch all of them. I know this YouTube channel called “Azenzone.” He covers each precure series or movie in a fun way. I recommend it highly.
Feb 4, 2023 6:01 AM

Feb 2017
Zeehighness said:
You don’t necessarily have to watch all of them. I know this YouTube channel called “Azenzone.” He covers each precure series or movie in a fun way. I recommend it highly.
Same here, i recommend azen zone. though at first i did not like his style, i took me a few videos to like the way he reviews stuff
Feb 4, 2023 7:31 AM

Nov 2014
You don't have to watch any other seasons, they're all standalone. The movies involve crossovers, but they also aren't necessary. Enjoy the Precure franchise in any order you like.
Quality Queen.
Feb 4, 2023 2:45 PM
Feb 2021
BetterBegoneThot said:

Heck yes, Smile Precure deserves more love, it’s so good. I think it possibly had the most badass villains I ever saw in Precure (besides maybe Hugtto).
There’s this one part where they’re preparing to have one last battle, and one of them says
(Spoiler tagging since some people may consider that a spoiler and want to see it first).
Feb 4, 2023 7:18 PM
Jan 2023
on Ep 20 on Delicous party
Feb 5, 2023 6:36 AM
Aug 2013
This is going to be an anniversary season, so probably there will be cameos from other cures from past seasons so to understand who they are  is better to watch the previous seasons but ofc you will understand without watching the previous ones.
Also I recommend the past seasons because they are very good, my main recommendations are Futari wa pretty cure, Futari wa pretty cure Max Heart (same cast), Yes pretty cure 5, Yes pretty cure 5 go go (same cast), Heartcatch Precure, HUGto Precure. That are my personal favs. There are other great seasons like Kira Kira Precure, star twinkle precure, smile precure, Pretty cure splash star, por decir algunas. 
Feb 6, 2023 6:10 AM
May 2022
No, you don’t really need to. But if you’re watching the all stars movies (precure crossover movies that feature multiple precure teams in one) it might be good to watch the other series.
But I haven’t watched many pretty cure shows
Feb 23, 2023 12:22 PM

Apr 2018
You don't have to watch the other seasons. Besides the two sequel seasons (Max Heart and GoGo), each Precure entry is standalone; you can watch whichever ones you like in any order you like. Since you're new, my personal recommendations of must-watch Precure seasons are (in no particular order): Heartcatch Precure!Fresh Precure!Go! Princess PrecureHug tto! PrecureSmile Precure!Tropical-Rouge! PrecureHealin' Good♡Precure, Star☆Twinkle Precure, and Futari wa Precure: Splash☆Star.
Feb 27, 2023 2:56 AM

Jan 2018
I'm new aswell, quick question, will this be... 40 eps+ anime?
Feb 27, 2023 3:54 AM

Dec 2017
Naabii- said:
Yes. Every Precure series has around 50 episodes. 

Feb 27, 2023 9:26 AM

Jan 2018
ZSRRKnight said:
Naabii- said:
Yes. Every Precure series has around 50 episodes. 
hmmmmmm... following an anime for an entire year sounds tiring, maybe I'm not ready for this 💀

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hirogaru Sky! Precure Episode 33 Discussion

Atsunome - Sep 16, 2023

8 by KathlynMirei »»
Apr 24, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Hirogaru Sky! Precure Episode 13 Discussion

Serafos - Apr 29, 2023

17 by VivaceRex »»
Apr 19, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Hirogaru Sky! Precure Episode 50 Discussion

Atsunome - Jan 27

23 by Thaliel »»
Mar 27, 11:26 PM

Poll: » Hirogaru Sky! Precure Episode 48 Discussion

Atsunome - Jan 13

11 by Thaliel »»
Mar 27, 1:05 AM

Poll: » Hirogaru Sky! Precure Episode 43 Discussion

Atsunome - Dec 2, 2023

12 by Thaliel »»
Mar 21, 11:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.