Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 12, 2023 1:50 AM

Mar 2017
I'm curious if any of you who finished reading the series satisfied about it.

Jan 12, 2023 2:10 AM

Apr 2019
Yeah I do. I read it in a span of two days and was satisfied with how this ended. This was just a 7/10 series for me and the ending feels 7/10 as well. I didn't expect anything great from this series so there was no reason for me to be disappointed. It's cute and funny all the way through and I wasn't bored at all. That's all that matters to me.
Jan 16, 2023 2:18 PM
Oct 2022
yes. Misuzu could have got more love

Jan 16, 2023 4:07 PM
Feb 2013
No, same reason, I was interested in Misuzu and Carol. I wanted to see more about them and a development of Carol and Misaki relationship and also Carol's behaviour, same goes for Misuzu. She was starting to open up and what? Tomo and Jun kiss end. Bah, I don't know.. It felt rushed for some reason to me.
Jan 31, 2023 7:51 PM
May 2019
It was complicated for me because even though Tomo was strong she was constantly put in positions where she was weak for no reason. Like with the groper and when guys would get pervy with her. She was strong but then the author made her helpless for no reason. Same with Jun having to fight her dad. The cliche misogyny was lame. I wish Tomo had fought for her own hand.
Ugh and Jun knowing it was a romantic confession at the beginning and ignoring it made me so mad. It was never explained! And when did he start liking her?? It seemed out of no where. The ending was rushed.
Despite all of my criticism I enjoyed aspects of it and gave it a 6/10
Jan 31, 2023 8:34 PM

Feb 2017
I agree but knowing Misuzu and Tanabe's personality, they aren't a good fit. And it's not like any other character can handle Misuzu except Jun, Tomo and Carol anyways. Anyone for Misuzu would have to be a hardcore simp like her dad or Tanabe, else a guy who respects her but never bends the knee like Jun. Adding someone just for the sake of completing the loose ends feels forced.
Best ending line in anime history = "My name is Saiki Kusuo. I am a psychic."
Feb 1, 2023 1:16 PM

Aug 2009
muta-chii said:
It was complicated for me because even though Tomo was strong she was constantly put in positions where she was weak for no reason. Like with the groper and when guys would get pervy with her. She was strong but then the author made her helpless for no reason. Same with Jun having to fight her dad. The cliche misogyny was lame. I wish Tomo had fought for her own hand.
Ugh and Jun knowing it was a romantic confession at the beginning and ignoring it made me so mad. It was never explained! And when did he start liking her?? It seemed out of no where. The ending was rushed.
Despite all of my criticism I enjoyed aspects of it and gave it a 6/10

100% all of this.  Just finished and glad I'm not alone in this feeling.
Feb 20, 2023 1:51 PM
Aug 2018
Shafwan_Dito said:
I'm curious if any of you who finished reading the series satisfied about it.

đź’Ż Agreed man mizu should have gotten someone too even uf they dont have given her someone they should have jusy implied it at ending like she meeting someone who could have been with her but true the ending did feel somewhat rushed dropped from 8/10 to 6/10 for me
Feb 20, 2023 2:00 PM

Sep 2018
I wanted Misuzu to end up with the guy who was simping for her, but other than that it was a good end.
Mar 14, 2023 8:53 PM

Oct 2021
The first half of this series was golden, then it gets progressively worse and worse. Around the mid-point it's a schlog to get through. It felt like the characters (mainly Jun and Tomo, the side characters didn't really change) that we had spent so many pages reading about could change on a whim for what seemed like no reason. And Tomo, while being our protagonist and having her name on the title is the worst character in the series. Throughout the whole series she is trying to earn Jun's love but then when she gets it she runs away, which might make sense if her character was set up like that but it really wasn't.

This is one of those series where something big/substantial happens in the middle of the story which changes the general layout and gimmick of the series, but that new gimmick doesn't work and instead instills a sense of dread for the rest of the series (or at least until the mangaka realizes he made a mistake, which this one never did and it stayed that way until the sudden ending). There's also the unresolved Tanabe and Misuzu thing, I honestly suspected that (in a way only a trashy romcom would) Tanabe and Misuzu would get together before the end. Then you don't see Tanabe for like 200-300 pages, then he pops up suddenly and then is never seen again. I wonder if the mangaka just hated his guts or something, but gladly Tanabe and Misuzu never got together (which I knew is something that this mangaka wouldn't be able to pull off anyways). But I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect the mangaka to at least push things in the right direction before the series ended, mainly because it's hinted that Misuzu would end up with Tanabe when you look at her father and the whole thing about Tomo's parents being a parallel to Jun and Tomo. The series ends quickly before any of that happens though, but it's honestly whatever... is what I'd probably say if the series didn't end as abruptly as it did. Romcoms should never end abruptly, why did we just follow these characters for 950 pages if we don't even get to see what happened afterwards. Abrupt endings are for stories where they fit, like a tragedy that ends abruptly, leaving you with only your thoughts to ponder about how sad the whole ordeal was. Not a romcom where the whole point is to show us the ordeal.

TLDR the first half is golden, but just stop reading after Jun actually starts seeing Tomo as a girl (could be misremembering but I think that's where the series started tanking) and just think in your brain what Tomo and Jun would look like as a couple, cause that's what we fucking got for an ending anyways. I may seem salty about this series, and it's cause I am. So much wasted potential.
invrlMar 14, 2023 9:00 PM
Sep 4, 2023 9:16 PM

Dec 2009
Not fully.
I'm happy at the result of them being a couple, but it's disappointing how short-lived it is.

The progress to it is great, but we barely see them as a couple or much of an epilogue afterwards which remains disappointing till this day after reading the manga three times.

The Mangaka hasn't succeeded in getting a new serialization or tried drawing a new manga, so I'm kinda hoping for a sequel.

Long or short, or even a short spin off of the parents and a little epilogue of everyone grown up would be sweet.

Anyway. If the manga had them as a couple for longer, I'd possibly rate it higher than 8/10.

Aside from that, yeah.
The supporting characters unfortunately didn't have a fuller story to their lives and relationships.
waalex11Sep 4, 2023 9:19 PM

More topics from this board

» I'm not sure where I left off

fluffycow17 - May 1, 2023

1 by Hero_Flow »»
May 21, 2023 7:45 PM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Chapter 10 Discussion

kuuderes_shadow - Aug 9, 2015

5 by FrostBlades »»
Apr 19, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Chapter 44 Discussion

blank - Jul 6, 2019

3 by SavaLosev »»
Mar 4, 2023 8:41 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Chapter 17 Discussion

Genkai - Jan 8, 2019

5 by Kowareta_Hoshi »»
Feb 19, 2023 2:56 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Chapter 8 Discussion

kuuderes_shadow - Aug 9, 2015

4 by Kowareta_Hoshi »»
Feb 19, 2023 2:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.