Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2022 3:50 PM

Apr 2014
I was quite excited to start watching Machine Hayabusa and I wasn't disappointed with the first episode. It was packed with action and the cars gimmicks were cool.

For the downside, starting in the middle of a race didn't give much opportunity for us to learn more about the characters, their motivations or anything like this. For other series from the 70s, the trope of the scientist that gather a group of people to use his weapons and stop the evil organization was quite common, but here in Machine Hayabusa the characters are already familiar with each other, so I wasn't expecting the presentations to be skipped.

It also must be said that the race itself felt more like a battle royale than a race, because we never really see how is their position in it and only see people being disqualified because they can't continue.

Curious to see how it develops from here.

PS: The opening is pure gold! RIP Ichiro Mizuki
PualDec 19, 2022 4:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.