Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 1, 4:58 AM

Jan 2021
I noticed today that a few new Types were added to the Anime side.
- CM (Commercial)
- PV ( Promotional Video)
- TV Special

Do we have a chance seeing them beeing added to MAl-Badges sometime in the future?
Jan 4, 7:37 AM
Nov 2021
Could u provive info and eg , like if I select seinen......provide a list of eligible entries there.
Otherwise we have to go search each individual category.
Mar 5, 5:21 AM
Dec 2016
Hello! I've been using Badges for a long time, so I want to share my thoughts. I hope my ideas will seem interesting and reasonable to the community.

Firstly, achievements by genre:

I like the layout of levels 1 to 6.
1 lvl - 10 titles - 50 points
6 lvl - 100 titles - 1500 points.
I think that's fair.
So why such a biased attitude towards achievements CGDCT, Iyashikei, Mythology? In order to get level 1 of these achievements, fewer titles are required. While for level 6 it is much more than for other genres. For the final level you need to watch almost all the anime from the MAL database. I think they should be put on par with other genres. It is possible to add level 7 with a threshold of 150 titles, but it costs more to gain points for this. For example 2000.

If somewhere levels more than 6 are needed, then these are genres with a large number of titles.

For such genres something like this is just right:
7 lvl - 150 titles - 2000 points.
8 lvl - 200 titles - 3000 points.
9 lvl - 300 titles - 5000 points.
I consider this situation to be balanced.
Also a strange attitude towards the genre Isekai. This genre is not as wide as Harem,Space, School, Romance. So why is it only expanded to level 9? At the same time, the difference between levels 8 and 9 is only 25 titles, but for level 9 a whole 1000 points are added. I think the same thing applies to him as I suggest for other genres: level 7 - 150 titles - 2000 points.
You can also expand the achievement Shounen.

Next, achievements by year:
I believe that there is no need to make such significant achievements for old anime.
197х, 196х should be limited to level 7 with 1500 points for 150 titles
195х, 193х ok
194x 500 points for 32 titles. I don’t understand why they award 1500 points for such a small number of short anime.

As for new anime, the gradation there is also very good from the very beginning.
5 lvl - 50 titles - 1000 points. Why not? It is perfectly!
But I don't think 2019 was anything remarkable. Why are fewer points awarded for 50 titles starting in 2019?
If the community feels that there are too many anime coming out lately (but this started much earlier than 2019), then why not just add further levels of this achievement?
6 lvl - 75 titles - 1250 points
7 lvl - 100 titles - 1500 points
It seems to me that this will be fair, and it can be extended to earlier years, until 2012-2014.

And finally, I want to add that in terms of the number of episodes, everything should also be changed. I see that you are thinking about this. I just want to add from myself: for watching with a large number of episodes it is worth adding more points than for anime with 1-25 episodes. It’s somehow strange to award only 1500 points for 100 anime with 100+ episodes.
All of the above are just my thoughts. I am grateful to those who are working on this project. English is not my native language, so if I wrote some sentence too unclearly, then I apologize.
Mar 5, 5:44 AM

Nov 2018
Reply to SmokyWerewolf
Hello! I've been using Badges for a long time, so I want to share my thoughts. I hope my ideas will seem interesting and reasonable to the community.

Firstly, achievements by genre:

I like the layout of levels 1 to 6.
1 lvl - 10 titles - 50 points
6 lvl - 100 titles - 1500 points.
I think that's fair.
So why such a biased attitude towards achievements CGDCT, Iyashikei, Mythology? In order to get level 1 of these achievements, fewer titles are required. While for level 6 it is much more than for other genres. For the final level you need to watch almost all the anime from the MAL database. I think they should be put on par with other genres. It is possible to add level 7 with a threshold of 150 titles, but it costs more to gain points for this. For example 2000.

If somewhere levels more than 6 are needed, then these are genres with a large number of titles.

For such genres something like this is just right:
7 lvl - 150 titles - 2000 points.
8 lvl - 200 titles - 3000 points.
9 lvl - 300 titles - 5000 points.
I consider this situation to be balanced.
Also a strange attitude towards the genre Isekai. This genre is not as wide as Harem,Space, School, Romance. So why is it only expanded to level 9? At the same time, the difference between levels 8 and 9 is only 25 titles, but for level 9 a whole 1000 points are added. I think the same thing applies to him as I suggest for other genres: level 7 - 150 titles - 2000 points.
You can also expand the achievement Shounen.

Next, achievements by year:
I believe that there is no need to make such significant achievements for old anime.
197х, 196х should be limited to level 7 with 1500 points for 150 titles
195х, 193х ok
194x 500 points for 32 titles. I don’t understand why they award 1500 points for such a small number of short anime.

As for new anime, the gradation there is also very good from the very beginning.
5 lvl - 50 titles - 1000 points. Why not? It is perfectly!
But I don't think 2019 was anything remarkable. Why are fewer points awarded for 50 titles starting in 2019?
If the community feels that there are too many anime coming out lately (but this started much earlier than 2019), then why not just add further levels of this achievement?
6 lvl - 75 titles - 1250 points
7 lvl - 100 titles - 1500 points
It seems to me that this will be fair, and it can be extended to earlier years, until 2012-2014.

And finally, I want to add that in terms of the number of episodes, everything should also be changed. I see that you are thinking about this. I just want to add from myself: for watching with a large number of episodes it is worth adding more points than for anime with 1-25 episodes. It’s somehow strange to award only 1500 points for 100 anime with 100+ episodes.
All of the above are just my thoughts. I am grateful to those who are working on this project. English is not my native language, so if I wrote some sentence too unclearly, then I apologize.
@SmokyWerewolf
We have everything planned out for the lvl 50 update. I've taken into account the DB, and I've made a giant spreadsheet with every badge sorted out, so it's just a matter of just waiting.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Mar 29, 2:26 AM

Nov 2018
For custom or challenge badges that require manual input to add in titles, like VTuber Fan, I was thinking that we should set up some sort of submission page where users can submit requests to add new entries to certain badges.

If a new entry got added to MAL that contributes to said badges, then once it reaches something like 50-100 submissions (from different users), then the system would flag the entry for manual review and it's up to you to decide whether or not to add it in. This would have to be after you've made it so that all entries that contribute to a badge appear on the badge page so it makes things easier to submit.

The user would select a badge from a list of certain badges (excluding yearly, genre/theme, entry type), and then they would enter in the MAL entry ID for the anime (or manga if we get around to that). The system would keep track of all the entries that were submitted, and once a particular entry has reached that threshold, then it is pending for review. You also have the option to blacklist the entry from being submitted to a certain badge, which would appear as a warning next to the box used to submit the ID (maybe the name of the title of the entry would appear underneath as some sort of catalogue?)

To stop people from spamming it, you may want to limit the number of times someone can use the It's me button on their browser, make it so that they can only use it once a day?

I predict that once development starts again and we get everything done as planned, then we will be back to the old site's numbers again. And there might be enough people to help make those submissions.

Edit:
I think to expand on this idea, we could also do this for lost media as well. If we make it so that you either add an entry for a challenge badge, or for an entry that is known to be lost media, then we can build up a database with a strong degree of confidence that can be maintained by members. And then if an entry that was thought to be lost media but was recently found, then we can remove it from the LMDB
_cjessop19_Mar 30, 4:38 AM

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Support ( 1 2 3 4 )

Koito91 - Dec 9, 2022

188 by YuraItsuki »»
Apr 19, 7:23 AM

Sticky: » [Mar 3] Current Status

Koito91 - Feb 21

0 by Koito91 »»
Feb 21, 11:04 PM

» Lost/Inaccessible Media taskforce

_cjessop19_ - Jul 18, 2023

18 by IridescentJaune »»
Jul 29, 2023 9:45 PM

» Badges for specific shows considered harmful

inim - Dec 25, 2022

4 by Zevven »»
Jul 8, 2023 2:58 AM

» [REMOVED] MB homepage logo taskforce

_cjessop19_ - Mar 6, 2023

32 by Kreidirk »»
Jun 16, 2023 4:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.