Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 2, 2022 1:49 AM

Oct 2008
That's all I care about, if yes I'm hyped, if no I'm giving it an ep or two and dropping it.
Dec 2, 2022 2:16 AM
Aug 2021
I haven't seen dolls frontline, but from the clips and stuff I did see I didn't think it looked that good. I'm enjoying watching arknights but it's nothing crazy so far. I do think it's pretty decent. The animation is pretty good looking and the characters are cool.
Dec 2, 2022 4:31 AM
Jun 2021
I didn't watched Dolls Frontier, but Arlnights is very good anime. It's easly one of the top 5 or top 10 best anime this season imho.
Dec 2, 2022 4:35 AM

Jul 2019
Yes, definitely !

Dolls Frontline, I dragged myself through 4 episodes before dropping it. It was quite frankly ugly, awfully paced, and I couldn’t get immersed in the story no matter how hard I tried.

Arknights on the other hand is a much better show ! For starter the animation is great, the style is quite pronounced which might no be for everyone but the direction of the scenes is amazing, giving it a very cinematic feel.
The story is great too ! The conflicts are captivating and everything feels like it belongs to a much bigger world.
There are some little pacing issues nonetheless but much less prominent than in Dolls Frontline and Arknights makes up for it thanks to its dynamic framing.

For me it is one of the best show airing this season. Although with how packed this season is with very good shows (chainsaw man, spy x family, etc…), it might sadly not get the recognition it deserves…

All in all, Arknights is truly a great anime with a real movie experience thanks to its incredible artistic direction, so I’d say : go watch it 🤷‍♂️
PolymorpheDec 2, 2022 4:43 AM
Dec 2, 2022 4:03 PM
Feb 2020
Speaking as someone who plays GFL, the GFL anime adaptation doesn't exist :D. Jokes aside, I really think the girls frontline anime suffered from its directing and budget. The director was the person who "botched" peachboy riverside, and even with the help of warner bros the budget didn't live up to gfl's potential. Another facttor that people have said is that they adapted the manga version of the story (I haven't read this manga but people seem to despise it yikes). The guns were also kinda scuffed (like that scene where M4A1 turned into a short-barreled bullpup rifle). They also didn't establish the worldbuilding a lot, it feels like we're just there and they don't really explain us on anything.

This is the REAL girls' frontline anime you SHOULD WATCH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4iKlFpde74&list=PLByJZXxtRorypX5ULwZv3CQlZTPx9orB_

Now speaking from the Arknights anime, it really is solid. Mind you, it isn't a shounen anime with sakuga fights (nor is it ecchi). The real selling point is the worldbuilding and characters, and of course the character designs as well. Speaking of the characters, the true mc of this anime is Amiya, the Doctor is just a means of explaining the world to you viewers. The anime has very expressive animation, characters rarely flap their 2d mouths but instead the scene changes to different angles to immerse you. It feels a lot like an action movie, very cinematic, so the newcomer director is doing his job very well. The music, from Yuki Hayashi, is also so freakin good, the latest episode has my favorite track. The storytelling is centered on the detailed scenery and dialogue, so its very very important to pay attention to them. The voice acting is very good, it somehow managed to give me chills when characters scream or shout (not a regular occurrence, but once they happen you'll really feel the impact). This anime also really nailed the danger of battles, our characters aren't overpowered but they know they have to be able to defend themselves. The opening and ending songs are very good. Ending song [BE ME] got me hooked at first but the opening song [Alive] grew on me a lot more.

TL;DR: take 3-4 episodes of this anime, see if you like the worldbuilding and characters. The real mc is Amiya the bunny girl, and this anime is not a shounen battle. Anime is nothing crazy like csm or bleach, but this story is somewhat a slow burn, and has very important dialogue and worldbuilding to pay attention to. Episode 6 that just released today is really good, very much like a movie, so I'm hoping you will pick up this anime.
Dec 2, 2022 5:45 PM
Jul 2015
Akumaru03 said:
Speaking of the characters, the true mc of this anime is Amiya, the Doctor is just a means of explaining the world to you viewers. The real mc is Amiya the bunny girl

While that is true for the most part but Amiya isn't the only MC. All the three: The Doctor, Amiya and Kal'tsit are considered to be as the main cast. Doc plays a pivotal role in the main storyline despite their involvement in the early chapters from the game. Disregarding them off as a side-character wouldn't do justice, especially with what we have learned about them from the game so far. HG did a great job of not only making a self-insert character which are non-existent in most of the gacha games but without them there is no "main" story to speak of.

But yes, for a gacha game the adaptation is doing amazing.
Dec 2, 2022 6:02 PM
Feb 2020
sunny_senpai said:
Akumaru03 said:
Speaking of the characters, the true mc of this anime is Amiya, the Doctor is just a means of explaining the world to you viewers. The real mc is Amiya the bunny girl

While that is true for the most part but Amiya isn't the only MC. All the three: The Doctor, Amiya and Kal'tsit are considered to be as the main cast. Doc plays a pivotal role in the main storyline despite their involvement in the early chapters from the game. Disregarding them off as a side-character wouldn't do justice, especially with what we have learned about them from the game so far. HG did a great job of not only making a self-insert character which are non-existent in most of the gacha games but without them there is no "main" story to speak of.

But yes, for a gacha game the adaptation is doing amazing.

I'm saying this for this current anime, just this first season. The doctor doesn't have any personality until the end of chapter 3 of the game (which is where we are right now in the anime). He'll show a ton more personality, like an actual separate character in chapter 5, which is like season 2 of the anime if it ever happens (confident it will considering the announcements and talks from the staff). Kal'tsit only showed up for a few minutes in episode 4, definitely not a main character this season.
Dec 3, 2022 12:56 PM

Jan 2014
Tbh. GFL was alright in terms of an anime, like wasn't bad, but certainly not great. So far Arknights really has smashed it, so I would say so.
Dec 9, 2022 8:14 AM

Apr 2021
Most anime is better than doll's frontline
Dec 9, 2022 2:31 PM
Oct 2009
Tbh almost anything you watch now is gonna be better than the Dolls' Frontline anime. At 7/8 episodes watched I'd say it has a good style and seems well animated. Story is a bit confusing for me (as a non-Arknights player), but overall I would say its a quite enjoyable watch.
Dec 9, 2022 9:07 PM
Jul 2015
Akumaru03 said:

I'm saying this for this current anime, just this first season. The doctor doesn't have any personality until the end of chapter 3 of the game (which is where we are right now in the anime). He'll show a ton more personality, like an actual separate character in chapter 5, which is like season 2 of the anime if it ever happens (confident it will considering the announcements and talks from the staff). Kal'tsit only showed up for a few minutes in episode 4, definitely not a main character this season.

Ah makes sense
Echoleon said:
Story is a bit confusing for me (as a non-Arknights player), but overall I would say its a quite enjoyable watch.

Which part was confusing? I'm curious about what anime onlies think.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Dec 16, 2022

93 by bushman66 »»
Mar 11, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Boazanian - Oct 28, 2022

232 by bushman66 »»
Feb 27, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Nov 18, 2022

57 by soupeatinger »»
Jan 14, 5:29 AM

» Official Survey - Which side story do you want to see animated?

Yaggamy - Nov 27, 2023

3 by 5U35 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:12 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Dec 9, 2022

68 by mreo »»
Oct 21, 2023 6:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.